What did you learn from The Sopranos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EBNiA9DbA9o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pkpb4RwCPmI
youtube.com/watch?v=qqE7ZxH7BJE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Interior decorators ain't shit

when Im high, look to see if there is a dog on the couch before I sit down

That if your opponent is of colonic temper, irritate him.

Black people are Moolinyarns

ghosts are fucking queers

Italian Americans are Drama Queers

GABAGOOL

TV can be a serious art form

Who said that? Furio?

stupida facking game

UP IN DA CLUB

pain meds side effect

I learned the names of many Italian cuisines

this. if it wasn't for vito i wouldn't have switched to homeopathy and i would probably be a finook.

Implying the food they all shoveled down there throats was real Italian

FUCKIN QUEERS

Don't trust butterheads

>Its another, George 'the stupid bartender on the sopranos' Santorelli gets beat up again for the slighest of things episode.

"Hey Tone, its someone asking if your fridge is running?"

I never understood why Tony bullied him so much.

variety of reasons. Georgie not being able to operate the phone reminded him of Livia, so he took his anger at her out on him. Georgie was also a "happy wanderer" type that infuriated Tony to no end, considering Tony was so miserable all the time.

Just realised he looks like Redmond Barry's fat, retarded cousin

finn detrolio is my arch nemesis

'Im not gay'

a very good example of ALPHA

tony is logical. sure, he's depressed and gets angry and anxious and whatever, but none of that matters. it's ok to have your moments of anger. tony always did what he wanted and what's best for business. the way he treats women, the way he gets in people's faces for disrespecting him, the way he kills without remorse, the way he argues and quips, it's phenomenal. gandolfini did a fucking 10/10 job, and that's just the main character we're talking about here, there's so much more the show offers.

every character is something worth studying, because it's human behavior after all. those who are street smart survive, those who aren't don't

also this god damn this show was the best thing I've ever seen, it has everything, even a healthy dose of comedy, which as western media usually lacks. if you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend it. It only starts picking up towards the end of season 1 imo tho

Tommy is a funny guy.

>What, do I amuse you? What's so fucking funny?
>mfw

this, also a lot of men are jerks and most women are whores. Ralphie was right

Thirteen Days wasn't bullshit.

OH!

>he took off like a bat on a hill

>you add a little gravy and a little butter
>then you put the fire back on for 45 seconds,
>stir it up nice 45 seconds, yeah.
>that way the macaroni absorbs the gravy
>instead of just coats it.
>this is for flavor

This was where the show really lacked quality content, I was hoping to learn more about Italian cuisine. It's the only thing I like about Italian culture. The show was unique in that every character was naturally repulsive in at least one way.

If you ever feel very depressed about your girlfriend leaving you,
botch a suicide attempt and just wait until you will find a very cute loving virgin highschool model-tier girlfriend at a private mental hospital.

still waiting desu

Oh shit Vito someones looking ! Quick lift your head up so they can identify you.

Actually he was just unlucky to be around when Tony was pissed. Everyone else was a made guy but he's just a nobody so he took it out on him.

That you can randomly kill people you acquainted with and leave a huge mess and you will never be caught by police.

That it's all a big nothing and you come in the world alone and leave it alone. Thanks Liva

Every low level business paying protection to the Mafia has clever enough bookkeepers to explain away thousands of dollars every month to the IRS

he totally deserved it when he was mouthing off about the ice, especially after knowing Tony will slap his shit for almost no reason

Life is a big nothing and in the end you die in your own arms

WHO DA FUCK YOU BEEN TALKIN TA? THIS IS ALL SOME SATANIC, BLACK MAGIC, SHIT!

I am tony soprano with a better childhood

Capicola is nothing but fat and nitrates

Never EVER cook food over an open flame while wearing a bathrobe

to keep my fucking mouth shut

that i really am rooting for fucking murderers who would shoot you in the back for 20 bucks

that life isn't cinematic

to never eat in a pajeet restaurant

I learned what the shah of iran looked like.

that there's no stigmata these days

that i don't really have any friends, only aquintances

pic-related

Women are whores and even the mighiest of men are nothing but weak manchildren when you hit them where it hurts.

It's funny because Paulie looked way much more like the shah of Iran than that shinebox man.

On a side note, this is why it's good to find a chick who knows when and when not to kick a guy in the balls.

The answer is only in cases of attempted rape.

Eating a woman out means you're gay somehow.

Deep insight.

This, plus they're desperate to not be boring, normal white bread americans. They go on and on about their precious Italian heritage, but don't speak a word of Italian and would be treated like subhumans if they did go to Italy.

Good people get no respect.

Never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

I learnt to always lend money from people who are not long for this world.

I learned that in business and in life in general the only people you should be afraid of are your own family. Nobody else deserves the same amount of worry or thought. Nobody else is worth it.

Tony throughout the series showed no fear. He didn't demand respect, he fully expected it. That's the only way the mob lasted so long, and how it eventually fell. Too much infighting between crews, too many egos to deal with. All the people like Tony who could strike the fear of God into the lower level goons got locked up or betrayed throughout the years. Without strongman figures like that around to keep all the DUCKS in a row, the mob withered and died.

Whether it was Ralphie, or Richie Aprile, or Phil Leotardo or just some insobordinate crews, Tony wasn't afraid of any of them. He even wasn't afraid of getting whacked. Balls of steel. He knew his fate was sealed. But he was afraid of one thing.... Not being able to provide for his family and what would happen to them in his absence. His son or daughter fucking their life up. Or Carmela leaving him and ratting him out. Or even his mother being a cunt 24/7. This is the shit that kept Tony up at night, and for good reason. It's part of what made me respect his character so much and finally understand his appeal.

He was ruthlessly effective in his business, but always walked a fine line with his family. I've started to act the same way in the jobs ive had. Dont take shit from anybody. Always stand your ground and put your self respect first. Your family is the only thing you should make compromises for in life. I fully respect that.

In all seriousness though I learned that tony is a piece of shit and a shit indecisive leader (reminder jackie jr did not die because he wanted the thug life, he died because tony never had the balls to talk to have a proper sitdown with jackie and be a father figure)

Its the mob. Their rules are different. The same with Vito being gay. You can't have any illusion of weakness for rivals or insobordinates to use against you. Whether it's eating pussy or taking it up the ass, if someone uses it for disrespect it's a big problem. It's how the structure of organized crime has to work; off of respect.

I know it seems weird to you but they killed each other over trivial shit like this all the time in real life. Especially people they suspected were gay. It's no joke

I always thought he kept Jackie Jr at a distance because there was always the chance he would turn against Tony for what happened to his uncle. The Apriles are fucking crazy. The kid could've gone rouge at any minute.

Notice how even after Artie Bucco found out Tony torched his restaurant Tony still kept him close because he wasn't afraid of Artie. He could do nothing to Tony. Even when Artie was pointing a rifle at Tony, he still didn't believe he would pull the trigger.

It's different with people like the Apriles.

whaat was the deal with tonys relatuonship with junior? he probably was the person he had the most respect and love for

Mulignans ruin Italian neighborhoods

Tony didnt have the makings of a varsity athlete

Tony smiles every time he sees the Gabagool. He loved that God damn gabagool more dan his fuckin family!

>all due respect ayatollah

Italians are basically white niggers.

Basically. Like that scene from S1 where the family gets carjacked by the two black guys and the guy says "fucking niggers. Who else would do this?"

And then in literally the next scene it shows it was Tonys scheme

If somebody starts making assumptions about you, ask if they're a fortune teller and then tell them to fuck off
youtube.com/watch?v=EBNiA9DbA9o

>first shot is statue holding a bat
>Tony Soprano is talking to Billy Batts
>Vito gets killed by men with baseball bats
Poetry

I usually like Italian food, but that was just disgusting. Gravy goes on top of the spaghetti and it eventually just kind of aborbs into the spaghetti. If you do it like Ralph, it just becomes a soggy mess. Kind of like you are not supposed to dip the rice in soy sauce when eating sushi.

>Business where "respect" is a big thing and any sign of weakness does brings down people's respect for you.
>"Breaking balls" which is all about pushing boundaries and passively dissing people is a common occurence.
>Like a third of all the problems in the mob world could have been prevented if breaking balls wasn't a thing.

eating deli meats out of the fridge is socially acceptable

TV sex scenes are awkward and should be avoided

Eating pussy is gayer than fucking a man in the ass desu

Nihilism really does make your life shitty.

Nothing gay about fucking a man in the ass, just like it isn't gay getting your dick sucked by another man. If Vito was pitching instead catching he might have lived.

Tell your daughter not to date niggers, eventually she'll see that you're right,

That mobsteres are scum.

Be careful how comfortable you get with the flow and direction of your life, because one day you might wake up and realize that you hate yourself and everyone around you, and it's all your fault.

Catholics are morons.

in real life mobsters don't kill each others as often as in fiction, especially over breaking balls

I can't find pussy anywhere

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pkpb4RwCPmI

youtube.com/watch?v=qqE7ZxH7BJE

>t. buttmad schismatic

>tfw they literally only say the word "cappicolla" (GABBAGOOL) less than 5 times in the entire series
>somehow this word has become associated with The Sopranos for all of eternity
pottery

It's already too late.

I haven't started a family with a woman I fell out of love with though

"remember when" conversations are the lowest form of conversation

Don't forget what it was all like from Carmellas perspective. When their marriage got bad she could never have affairs like Tony could. All the men who knew who she was were too scared to go through with it. She was even more trapped in the situation than Tony

>She was even more trapped in the situation than Tony
That bitch knew what she was getting herself into. Just like Kaaaaren in Goodfellas

Oh yeah I totally agree, didn't mean to put more blame on her than she deserved. Her situation was unbelievably shitty with Tony because of that specific double standard. But she was also shallow enough to be appeased with gaudy jewelry and promises of spec houses, which seems to be a big part of why she was drawn to Tony in the first place. The potential for prominence, status, and wealth.

thats a rough one. was 17 when ive first seen that scene. took it to heart, not so good idea.