Is there any specific reason they're seemingly pushing her away from her villain role?

Is there any specific reason they're seemingly pushing her away from her villain role?

People like her, but people don't like it when characters they like do bad things or suffer the consequences of the bad things they do.

Easier to market

She sells merchandise, and she can sell MORE merchandise if she's an anti-hero instead of a thief and a murderer.

I feel like a big part of it isn't her being a super villain, it's the fact that DC's been wanting to push The Joker as some edgy, worst-of-the-worst super fiend anti-christ villain, and Harley's relation with such an absolute monster through her origin just doesn't fit what writers want to do with her. So instead of doubling back to the characterizations they could both coexist and make sense in, they've been rewritten into separate extremes that don't really work as well.

Plus... Easier to market to normies, and simpler to write without really trying too hard.

this here.
Since there are many female readers who like her but will buy more if she isnt a complett sociopath.

Same reason as Deadpool

She's a feminist icon now, and some of the bitches are starting to read comics now, so they can't be allowed to know their idol is an unrepentant mass-murderer.

Or most any villainous character that get popular.

Remember that time she replaced a shipment of video game handhelds with bombs on Christmas and was implied to have blow up hundreds of children throughout Gotham

I always wonder why feminist or lesbians have a ladyboner for lunatic bad ass types.
So many like her lunatic and these women like Ghostbusters Holtzman too.
So lesbians and feminists like funny asdh type of girls?

>video game handhelds
Only boys were harmed so it was ok.

To sell more toys.

Because the guys upstairs are shameless waifufags that have the compulsion to try and redeem their waifu.

Video gamers (who were most likely browsing Gamergate), not children.

They needed a Deadpool.

>People like her, but people don't like it when characters they like do bad things or suffer the consequences of the bad things they do.
Doctor Doom
Cobra Commander
Megatron
Galactus
Thanos
Darkseid
Lex Luthor
Joker

>Doctor Doom
>suffer the consequences of the bad things they do.
Doombot.

I'd say a combination of all these reasons, plus it shouldn't be forgotten how The Dark Knight caused Joker's popularity with Hot Topic edge gurlz to explode overnight, and Harley suddenly was perfectly poised to be their self-insert.

So this.

Feminism and muh bad female character than can do no wrong. If a male did any of the shit she's done he would be lambasted as mysgoninist filth ect ect ect

Doom got it a few times. The bots can't always take it

Look at it as a containment comic. The Tumblr bullshit stays in that comic and DC doesn't end up like Marvel.

>le feminism meme

Damn casuals.

They've been doing this for a long time, first in her solo, and then in Sirens. I wouldn't call Harley a villain for the past decade.