Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
Wonder Woman
Green Arrow
>Meh
Suicide Squad
Aquaman
>Shit
Harley Quinn

Does anyone remember the ratio of good to shit in 2011?

I'm digging a lot of it. Was pretty meh on 2 Green Lanterns books. Decided to drop them today. Will still pirate them tho. I've been loving Detective though.

>Good
Nightwing
Batman
Aquaman

>Ok
Green Lanterns
Hal&Pals
Green Arrow
Wonder Woman

I haven't read anything bad, although nothing has really been mind blowing either

>great
Batman
Wonder Woman
Nightwing

>good
Superman
New Super-Man
Batgirl
Detective Comics
Aquaman
Flash
Green Arrow

>kinda good, but eh
Hal Jordan & the GLC
Batgirl & the BoP

>meh
Suicide Squad
Red Hood & the Outlaws
Green Lanterns
Action Comics
Justice League

>didn't read
Hellblazer
Harley Quinn

>Great
Green Arrow
Batman

>Pretty cool
Flash
Aquaman
Titans
Green Lanterns
New Superman

>OK
Superman
Detective Comics
Red Hood and the Outlaws

>Meh
Justice League

>Haven't read
everything else

>OK
Green Lanterns
Hal J and the Squad
Justice League

>meh
New Super-Man

>no read
Everything else.

I mostly get attached to less popular characters so the stuff I really want to read doesn't tend to crop up all that often, hence why my pull list looks like it does.

Harley Quinn is the highest selling comic of the year so far.

Not even mad, keep making the money to support Blue Beetle when it inevitably crashes to 20k by #3.

We've had the listings done multiple times in these threads, so let's shake up the discussion a little bit.

What's the title that's been the most pleasant surprise for you? Which title has been the most disappointing?

For me

>Biggest surprise
Green Lanterns. Two second-rate lanterns shunted off to the side probably destined to be forgotten two years from now, and written by Dogfucker to boot. Damned if it didn't wind up being a really fun buddy-cop story with both Jessica and Simon being really likeable characters.

>Disappointment
Wonder Woman. It's not BAD, it's just kind of boring and Rucka is really heavily writing for the trade.

>Rebirth
Fantastic

>Great
Superman: Wonderful father/son type stuff, great characterizations gives the book a warm immersive feeling. It's a fun read and papa supes is a really enjoyable character
Aquaman: Really unique. What with the political side of things and also diving (lel) right into the thick of a storyline with Arthur vs Manta. Everything so far has been a big winner here.
Flash: I think this is maybe the best Barry Allen we have ever seen on he pages. Williamson really understands the character and the mythos well and it is showing in every issue. Future solicits show Choc/Strawberry Wally also showing up, so I think this is only going to get better and better.
Titans: I'm a Wally West fan, so anything with him is great. Abra Kadabra and a quest to unite Linda and Wally? I'm in with both feet.

>Good
Wonder Woman: Very slow moving but some beautiful character moments.

>Average
Action Comics: I'm over the doomsday fight now but the high pace is refreshing granted how decompressed things like Superman, Titans and Wonder Woman are.

>support Blue Beetle when it inevitably crashes to 20k by #3.

>Jaime and Ted teaming up
>motherfucking Doctor Fate
>Giffen writing
>no one cares enough about it to keep it going longer than 8 issues

It's not fair.

>What's the title that's been the most pleasant surprise for you?
Probably New Super-man

I wasn't expecting much after Yang's disappointing Superman run (I really liked the deity fight club but the rest was pretty bad) but I really enjoyed the first issue of NSM

>Which title has been the most disappointing?
Ditto on Wonder Woman. I adored Rucka's first run on WW but this one is just meh so far

It's Giffen though so we'll get like 15+ issues probably.

>Flash: I think this is maybe the best Barry Allen we have ever seen on he pages. Williamson really understands the character and the mythos well and it is showing in every issue.

I was really worried by the solicits because the current arc is pretty much a direct rehash of story arcs from the previous New 52 run under Manabooch, but man I agree completely. Williamson paces the book out much, MUCH better than what we saw in that run.

>Biggest surprise
Flash. After so many years of terrible writing and lore destruction I forgot what it was like to have a competent writer at the helm. I don't know the last time I looked forward to pulling Flash so much (Dastardly Death of The Rogues maybe).

>Disappointment
I agree with WW. It's not bad, it's just so damn slow. Rucka (whom I've never read) had huge hype around him however a lot of other books are leaving his for dead.

>Great so far
green arrow
Batman

>good
Nightwing
Aquaman
'Tec
Superman
Flash

>kinda good but has problems
Wonder Woman (holy decompression Batman)
Green Lanterns (the fucking art and narration boxes)
Titans (fucking Booth)

>meh
Batgirl
Action
Hellblazer

>bad
Justice League

>didn't read
everything else

>Biggest surprise
Hands down, Detective Comics. I *hated* Tynions after the shitshows that were the Eternals. To have him pull a 180 and write one of my favorite titles is absurd. Lobdell putting out an enjoyable RH issue is a close 2nd, but we'll see how long that lasts.

>Disappointment
Batgirl and Batgirl and the BOP. I didn't have a real reason to think they'd be great per se, but I had hope after Babs' character had been drawn through the mud.

Rucka's previous Wondy run is actually pretty damn good, it gets recommended along with Perez's run usually anytime anyone asks.

Rebirth has pretty much upped DC's game in general

I haven't read anything worse than meh.

Green Arrow is fucking surging

>Lobdell putting out an enjoyable RH issue is a close 2nd, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Yeah I liked the first issue, but he hasn't introduced Artemis or Bizarro yet so who knows how it's going to end up.

I think his Superman run was fucked by the overall plotting. He never should have had to write the Truth identity reveal as a full arc like that, should have been a one or two issue special on its own. And the ending crossover was also a bad idea.

It's pretty telling when the best parts are the creators simply playing with the status quo instead of having to set up tons of shit.

>Biggest disappointment
Green Lanterns, unfortunately. Started out good but quickly showed that Jessica is a waste of space who doesn't actually deserve the ring. Sure, she's going to perform some grand feat of bravery soon enough but the ring should have sought her out in that very moment and not before she can actually overcome great fear. It also seems like they're setting up her and Baz and fuck that.

Agree in full. I sighed when I saw it was another "heres more speedsters run" but then I read Williamsons quote on why he is doing it and it sounds great (paraphrasing):

>People always ask what makes the Flash special, is it just his powers? If everyone had super speed would the Flash really standout as a hero? Okay, I'm going to show you, let's give everyone speed, let's even the playing field, I'm going to show you why the Flash is a hero.

This is the most positive I've seen Sup Forums about Rebirth since I've started posting here.

Even during the New 52, there was a lot of excitement around certain new titles and all the niche stuff DC was putting out, but there were a lot of shit comics that we were taking glee in ripping apart too.

I don't think there's really any book DC is putting out now that people outright hate. King's Batman has drawn a lot of divisive opinions though.

>I think his Superman run was fucked by the overall plotting. He never should have had to write the Truth identity reveal as a full arc like that, should have been a one or two issue special on its own. And the ending crossover was also a bad idea.
Yeah, I figured he was hampered a lot by having to explain how Truth happened because that ate up a lot of his run, and by the time the actual fun stuff like the fight club happened it was too little too late

Yep I agree with you on both parts.

Green Lanterns is pretty good. If it had 2-3 solid artists doing an one issue each it would be better, and the story would be less annoying to read if narration boxes weren't everywhere.
Flash is also a good surprise for me since it's making care about Barry and not just Flash, you know? And not having Booth on it is nice and so is the writer being competent.

Wonder Woman is just fine but it's just so decompressed I can barely care. Three issues of one storyline and barely anything has happened. But still, having Wonder Woman act like a mature loving woman is great after the shitshow of her previous run.
And Titans is still kinda disappointing cause Booth is on it even if Abnett is still a solid writer.

Haven't read that interview, that's great.

>Great
Green Arrow

>Ok
Almost everything else

>Bad
Justice League

>Even during the New 52, there was a lot of excitement around certain new titles and all the niche stuff DC was putting out, but there were a lot of shit comics that we were taking glee in ripping apart too.
DC is responding to that right now. They have just delayed JLA and Supersons because Rebirth is doing so well. They don't want to muddy the waters so soon.

I think they realize people are pulling a lot of books and they may not have capacity for new stuff right now, so give it a few more months for people to drop 1 or 2 books and then make new offerings.

After having DC You blow up in their face, it's nice to see this initiative succeed financially with a slew of good books.

>Surprise
Green Arrow
Two fantastic artists given in the first place, and Percy upped his game.
He seems to really listen to criticism when it comes to his writing.

yeah this current run makes me feel better about getting bored and dropping the Manabooch run like 10 issues in even though everyone else loves it

Red Hood was probably the biggest surprise. I know it's only an issue in but the characterization of Jason was pretty strong. Better than Lobdell's done before, anyways.

Maybe all he needs is a good editor to hold him back.

>good
nothing

>shit
everything

GRRRR >:(

I wonder if Damifag will show up and say everything is shit because they haven't featured her husbando yet.

For you my friend:

Yeah. I love the Flash and I’ve wanted to write the Flash for a long time. There are a bunch of different Flash stories I’ve wanted to tell, and one of the notes I had for myself was “no more speedsters.” I wanted to just stick to Barry, and I had this whole thing planned out. But then I had a moment when I was looking at that note, and I realized that I was wrong. Sometimes you’ve got to flip the switch, right?

I love the Flash family, and I liked the idea of there being a bunch of them. So I thought, “Let’s do a lot. Let’s just do a whole lot of them.”

I just started working with that idea and building around that. It’s so big. It made it feel like a big story, but it also made Barry question himself. If there are this many speedsters around, what makes Barry Allen the best suited to be the Flash. Why is he the master of the Speed Force? Is he the master of the Speed Force? It makes you question these things. It’s funny, whenever we have these interviews, people always ask me that question: “Why is Barry Allen special? There are a lot of speedsters in the DC Universe.”

I believe that the questions we ask, the characters should also ask. Why is Barry Allen the best? I was able to dive into that with all of these speedsters. Plus, we got to create a bunch of new characters, which is always cool.

I stuck through it because of the art. Manapul is amazing.

>Great
Green Arrow
Nightwing
New Superman
Tec

>Good
Batman(I think King is slowly hitting his stride and I'm getting used to King's take on Batman. Today's issue was definitely great for me)
Superman

>Okay
Flash
Aquaman(The second artist is utter shit)

>Meh
WW(Seems slow and decompressed and being a monthly title does not help)

Haven't read the rest, except for Skwad

>After having DC You blow up in their face, it's nice to see this initiative succeed financially with a slew of good books.
Yeah I'm loving Rebirth. It's good to see good books rewarded.

Also, I read that Harley sold 400,000 copies. That's insane.

Pretty good tastes user.

Thanks user.

Wait is this all true?

Fuck yes.

Yes

Jaime and Ted are both in it, Dr. Fate is going to be in it, Keith Giffen is writing it

Yeah it is. I'm relatively new but I think I'll pull blue beetle because a lot of people seem passionate about it.

I've only ever seen him in that crisis where his head painted a wall and then the other one in the JL vs Titans movie.

Biggest surprise: I'm enjoying Hal Jordan & the GLC to an extent

Biggest disappointment: none really, maybe Justice League?

I knew Jaime and Ted were teaming up, I didn't know the rest.

Fuck I'm so excited. I 'm the guy who was asking about Jaime a few days ago and read the Giffen run for the first time. It's too good to last.

>Keith Giffen
Good, bad?

really, the first? Sup Forums's been circlejerking over rebirth non-stop

Probably good, Keith is pretty based

but you never know when Bad Giffen will pop up

i think the most interesting bit is that there's no consensus for the best. most books fall anywhere between "ok" and "great"

Like fucking clockwork

Was he involved in New 52 Beetle at all?

Nope, not at all

He co-created Jaime and co-wrote part of his pre-new 52 Blue Beetle book though

All I'm reading is Aquaman and I love it. Do I have shit taste?

He's good until he's angry, usually.

It's been good. The second artist is mediocre but they're giving him more of the conversational stuff rather than a lot of fight scenes so it's not as bad.

I think Green Arrow is generally considered to be the "best" so far. Aquaman and Batman are usually high up on peoples' lists, and then the rest is a matter of personal tastes.

It's been great. I love the more political thriller angle that Abnett is running with, just wish the art was more consistent.

Ted just looks so goddamn happy about this whole thing.

Ted is such a dork.

Looks like they aged him up from Forever Evil.

No I love Aquaman too. It's got good balance of politics, characterisation, combat and Arthur/Mera relationship is close to on point.

I'm not trying to reaffirm my tastes, I was curious what people generally like because this is the first series I have ever followed. After reading this thread it seems like I should try out Rebirth Batman and Green Arrow though.

>Great
Batman
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Superman
New Super-Man
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lanterns
Titans
Green Arrow
Red Hood and the Outlaws
>OK
Batgirl
Birds of Prey
Action Comics
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
Hellblazer
Suicide Squad
>Shit
Justice League
>Haven't read yet but assume will be shit
Harley Quinn

Overall it's actually been really fucking good. and they're still got
>All-Star Batman
>Trinity
>Teen Titans
>Blue Beetle
>JLA
>Shota Sons
>JSA
>LOSH
>Atom
>Shazam
to come.

Well what kind of stuff do you want? What characters do you like?

>Great
Batman
Green Arrow
Nightwing
New Super-Man

>Good
Detective Comics, surprisingly
Green Lanterns, also surprisingly
The Flash, also surprisingly

>Average
Titans
Wonder Woman
Suicide Squad
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey

>Offensively Boring
Justice League
Aquaman
Superman
Hellblazer

>Trinity
>Blue Beetle
>Shota Sons
>Shazam
There goes even more of my money.

OH, NO, you don't come at me saying "it's magic" and that's it! The hell, are you saying a fucking evil sorcerer or whatever simulated alien technology, but it's everything magic? Fuck...

My favorite superhero is Aquaman so I tried it out. Other than that I liked mostly marvel heroes growing up, but I haven't liked any marvel comics I've read and I've liked every DC comic I've read. I'm interested in batman, superman, green arrow, the flash, and new superman looks cool as hell.

>Surprise
Detective, if only because Tynion's output has varied wildly in quality so far

>disappointment
Aquaman. Terrible rebirth issue that was them trying to justify why aquaman is cool by saying "nah he doesn't really talk to fish" instead of showing me aquaman is cool visually and also it was so on the fucking nose it should've built a house there. not only that but the political plot in the subsequent issues has just not been engaging my interest. politics aquaman is cool, I just wish Dan Abnett didn't write paint-by-numbers comics. It's nothing special at all

>Great
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lanterns
Action Comics
Titans
>OK
Harley Quinn
Birds of Prey
Batgirl
Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps
Detective Comics
>Meh
Batman
>Shit
Justice League

I'm not a big fan of the characterisation of Bruce in the Batman book (or lack thereof). The book would be in my OK list but I think it's worse than those, but I don't think it's shit either, so it has it's own tier.

>I'm interested in batman, superman, green arrow, the flash, and new superman looks cool as hell.
Sounds like a good starting point.

GA, Batman, Superman, The Flash and New Superman are all highly rated books. Personally I read and can recommend Superman and The Flash.

does bruce really need more characterization? He's gone through many types of it for decades now there's nothing special left to do. Batman can focus on being an action book because Batman is already defined

I don't think he's saying it's a matter of need, just that it's unappealing to him. He wants a more character-driven story

Yeah, that's why I prefer Detective Comics to Batman. The other characters are far more appealing to me. Probably the best characterisation of Batman I've read in a Rebirth book is Nightwing (which I forgot to rank, it goes in the OK pile only because two issues isn't enough to sell me just yet.)

I've seen a lot of people get annoyed with the dialogue in Green Arrow. Batman also gets divided opinions because "not muh Batman" or "Gotham is a dumb name". Never really seen people put Aquaman that high.

those are some really retarded reasons to dislike a comic desu

Welcome to Sup Forums.

What is wrong with justice league

I thought the one shot was kinda bad but the #1 was good

>Literally perfect
Green Lanterns
New Super-Man
Batman
Green Arrow*

>Good
Aquaman
Detective Comics
Batgirl
Nightwing
Superman
Titans
Flash

>Decent
Action Comics
Suicide Squad**
Wonder Woman*
Hal Jordan and GLC
Birds of Prey
Red Hood and Outlaws**

>No
Harley Quinn

*writing is a tier lower, art raises them to this
**Tentative ranking based on a single issue of exposition

>Biggest surprises
Green Lanterns, because I've never cared for anything Corps related outside of King's Omega Men and it's been nonstop fun. Newperman because new character that's legacy in name only.

>Biggest disappointments
King being wasted on a title that would sell regardless of who writes it when he could bring his PTSD to someone more obscure. Wondy because, as has been said, we've gotten one and a half issues' worth of story over twice as many issues.

Civil War sold 500k

It's retreading material that's been done before and it's not doing it in a particularly interesting way.

No, I think you're mixing it up with Secret Wars.

>1 Civil War II 1 $5.99 Marvel 381,737

>King being wasted on a title that would sell regardless of who writes it

>implying King's talent brings in readers

Might as well put him on a book that won't be cancelled after 12 issues.

>JSA
>LOSH
>Atom
>Shazam

I need it now, inject it into my veims

>>Atom
This is honestly one of the books I'm most looking forward to Johns promised it was coming, please don't break our hearts

I kinda hope at least the first couple of arcs is nothing but Ray and Ryan going on bat-shit crazy, Silver Age style adventures in the Nanoverse/Microverse/whatever-the-fuck-they're calling-it-now

>King being wasted on a title that would sell regardless
do you not want people to know about him or what
batman makes people fans of a writer, just look at snyder