Why do Americans use American English instead of British one in their games in medieval fantasy setting?

Why do Americans use American English instead of British one in their games in medieval fantasy setting?

I just tried to replay Oblivion, one of my childhood's games, and just figured out how badly it fits the entire setting. I just cannot take the game seriously now. Do you have same issues?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2KU5fXUx4N4
youtube.com/watch?v=Qov0L9fPaCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>realism in a world with fucking magic
okay

>what's an atmosphere in a game
that's why Slavs make better games now.

>mfw Azura, Alduin and Vivec speak english

>"accurate" accents for a people that dont exist are the only component of atmosphere
also >slavs affording computers

this. gothic and witcher are 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better than eld*R scrolls shitfest

they speak cyrodiilic, and they're fucking gods of course they do

excuse me sir but may I speak you of TES LORE

>they should speak one real world language instead of the more popular dialect in a fictional medieval game that isn't even set on Earth
Reminder that even Witcher uses American English, not British.

Oblivion is the worst fucking elder scrolls game
side quests like Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood were ok, but the main quest is pathetic and the repetitive boring Oblivion portal closing shit fucking killed this game
you can add hideous character faces to that, literally who the fuck gave this shit green light? look at these faces, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???
boring classic colorful fantasy setting, unstable engine, you can't even mod it to look decent because it will fucking crash, even Morrowind can be modded better and it looks nicer and is 100% stable, not even kidding, check Morrowind Overhaul 3.0, this mod was glorious

jesus i'm never going back to this game again

and can't forget about the awesome AI and NPC dialogs
youtube.com/watch?v=2KU5fXUx4N4

>people are now nostalgic for Oblivion and not Morrowind

>tried to replay Oblivion
theres your problem bud

Totally agree, Morrowind is the best game in the series, Skyrim is also not bad. But Oblivion was literally made for autistic stupid children.

Slavs are very fond of gaming

>soyfags like oblivion

Skyrim is the worst fucking elder scrolls game
side quests like The Companions and Dark Brotherhood were ok, but the main quest is pathetic and the repetitive boring Skyrim random generated caves cleaning quests shit fucking killed this game
you can add hideous character faces to that, literally who the fuck gave this shit green light? look at these faces, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???
boring nording setting, unstable engine, they didn't even made a single more or less interesting expansion pack, check Shivering Isles for Oblivion for rg, this add-on was glorious

actually all the vanilla skyrim quests suck balls and the only decent ones are the DLCs, Dawnguard and Dragonborn, which were pretty good
i just hate skyrim way of questing...
>look dude there is this 1000000 years old artifact that was lost for 5000 years and nobody knows where it is well good luck see ya
>*map marker to dungeon entrance appears on your map*

you'd think people would have found everything by now.

none of the caves and dungeons in Skyrim were random generated

yep

Oh, I remember it differently

Anyway the entire tes series is just a massive pile of shit with huge pr machine behind it

If I ever saw todd howard I'd spit on his face

I agree with that image. Morrowind is obviously the gold standard, every dungeon is hand-crafted. the world of Morrowind is a beautiful work of art.

Oblivion dungeons are like Daggerfall dungeons, they seem complex but they are procedurally generated. The more you play the game, the more you run into the same crap you dealt with a few hours ago. Nothing is original

Skyrim has fixed world dungeons like Morrowind but they're mostly just tubes you go through while killing draugr. Skyrim is the Halo of TES

>nu-man

>british english is somehow more medieval than american english when actual medieval english speakers sounded like
youtube.com/watch?v=Qov0L9fPaCQ

You can't take Oblivion seriously because it lacks British accents? Idiot.

>why does this game use x dialect which didn't exist during the time period it is set in, instead of y dialect which didn't exist during the time period it is set in

morrowind - was g-d tier
oblivion - was made overall silly and failed but it had some good elements
skyrim - never played that garbage compile of trash. watching few youtube videos was enough to figure its just a dumb franchise title selling a name rather than a game

i cant take brit accent serious either. whenever i see a non british movie with someone with brit accent i cant continue watching it.

TES is the only series in almost any medium to do this, we usually use British accents for medieval fantasy settings which is pretty stupid honestly

>Burger Education
Idiot, he was talking about accents, not dialects.

>Why do the British use modern British English instead of Middle English in their games in medieval fantasy setting?

>The only difference between British and American English is accent.
>I missed the overall context of "medieval fantasy" as the basis of the argument.
>Random shitty education and can't into thought process.

In the game Rome: Total war, romans have perfect english, but the british speak like barbarians. Wtf vidya geams?

im a bong but Wes Johnson is an amazing voice actor and fits a fantasy setting perfectly

BY AZURA
Y

A
Z
U
R
A

the only things you guys make better are crack.exe

Gothic is shit.

fuck you nigger

>playing americ*n games

No, fuck you and your meme garbage.

BUMP

Skyrim was the least randomly generated of all the games. It shows in the overall gameworld, there is no samey shit (which is weird considering it's Skyrim so it has the least geography/climates to work with). And although that image is cherry picking, the dungeons are definitely shittier (despite generally 'looking' nicer).