6.9/10 on imdb

>6.9/10 on imdb

What the FUCK is their problem?

why does everyone hate this movie?

is it too smart for normies?

Other urls found in this thread:

actionagogo.com/2017/02/26/the-night-shift-conan-the-barbarian-nietzsche-philosophy-and-fascism/
rogerebert.com/reviews/conan-the-barbarian-1982
youtube.com/watch?v=BHfE682mm3c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

>conan the barbarian
>smart
maybe you're the retard user

Nah, seems like it's you.

They are intimidated by the aryan ubermensch. They must submit!

>But when Conan and Doom meet at the top of the Mountain of Power, it was, for me, a rather unsettling image to see this Nordic superman confronting a black, and when Doom's head was sliced off and contemptuously thrown down the flight of stairs by the muscular blond Conan, I found myself thinking that Leni Reifenstahl could have directed the scene, and that Goebbels might have applauded it.

>guy has muscles
>he's dumm rofl xd
Stay a kissless virgin.

>fictional white barbarian killing fictional black wizard = nazi

Imagine being this sad and obsessed about race.

Plebs can't handle Arnoldkino

source?

Just because the main character isn't dumb doesn't mean the film is smart. That is one of the mistakes edgy fedora faggots tend to make when they start writing cynical asshole main characters that have read every book in the universe and is capable of out witting every other character he comes across, notable example the current BBC Sherlock.

The absolute best OST of all film

You're the retard, faggot.

Read Nietzsche's Also sprach Zarathustra, then watch the film, then come back, retard.

You sound like an edgy faggot and also a 15 year old. Reading Nietzsche isn't a substitute for having a personality. Take off the fedora and go outside.

You're not even getting my post, retard.

Read Nietzsche, then watch the film.

Here is an easy way, but again you have to learn how to read first, can't make it easier for you:
actionagogo.com/2017/02/26/the-night-shift-conan-the-barbarian-nietzsche-philosophy-and-fascism/

Women will never understand

Nietzsche is entry-level, kid.

Most pre-2000 films on IMDb are underrated, OP.

instead of these 2 posts you could have summarized the link between Conan and Nietzsche and what you think is interesting about it. it's that easy when we actually understand something my friend

>looking at or caring about imbd score

That score is about right I guess even though 0.1-10.0 scoring system for movies is retarded.

Entry level is not normie-level.

Also, entry level or not, the film is just built around it.

>literally googled "Conan the Barbarian deep, smart, analysis" and picked something at random and linked it without reading

Kek

Cucks hate manliness

What's retarded about it?

I doubt many people have actually seen it. Speaking to people about it they all seem to be under the impression that it's just a dumb fantasy movie.

>Nietzsche is entry-level

Sure it is buddy... please tell me about your philosophy 101 classes where the first lessons were about continental philosophy from the 19th century.

That's just how IMDb works. Spider-Man 2 is widely considered by audiences and critics to be one of the top 10 best capeshit films of all time but its score is 7.3, Escape from New York is an iconic cult film that's critically acclaimed but its score is 7.2, etc, etc. A 6.9 IMDb score is a terrible score for a blockbuster that was just released but it's a good score for an old film that isn't extremely popular.

I'm the second highest regarded Nietzsche scholar in the Unisted States.

You fool, no scholar of Nietzsche is highly regarded!

this movie is the most antiliberal and antinumale a movie can get.
and people rating this movies are milenials and pussified manchildren that think women should replace men.
the score is bullshit but it goes with the times.

I did Philosophy at AS level at college and did Nietzsche, he is entry level

Top kek

>Burger education
Philosophy at 16 in the Uk consists of things like Nietszche, Plato, Kant, Hume, Hobbes etc.

It's entry level shit fucking hell no wonder this board thinks BvS is DEEP

Generally, critiquing art with a rating system is difficult enough. I refuse to believe that most critics can actually discern between a 7.1 or a 7.3 movie. Simplicity is better and has been the standard for food/movie/game critics up until the 2000s or so. 5 star rating system with the option to give half stars is much more elegant and sensible than the arbitrary 100 point system.

we're all very impressed

At what age do you move up to Mohammad?

Elbert's review

rogerebert.com/reviews/conan-the-barbarian-1982

Most people don't care about fantasy and this is the best of it.

actually we learn about him in compulsory Religous Education classes from 8-16 you bible belt hillbilly

i didn't even realize doom was black as a kid, and i watched it dozens of times.

>read this post with a britbong accent

you lose again

>being this butthurt over an obvious good natured ribbing and also proud of being a muzzie lover

Under rated phantasy film as most phantasy films are horrible.

I think this one is unironically better than lotr..

Ebert was a SJW and a cuck before his time

>his education doesn't include the study of the early history and basics of the major religions of the world.

>Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then the HELL with you!

I dare you to hate this

a strong man whose greatest joy in life is to "crush his enemies, see them driven before him, and hear the lamentations of their women" is too offensive for modern """"""""""""men""""""""""""

just because it's fucking entry level doesn't mean it's inherently bad you fucking hipster hack fraud

2001 space is entry level and its good

I'm glad not only that he died, but that he died suffering immeasurably. He deserved every bit of pain and more.

Scum of the fucking Earth.

Conan was god-tier, every single person who criticised this film has either not watched it or is what you'd imagine the human embodiment of an ear gauge to be. It's an objective 10/10.

With all the proto-Sup Forums posters and 16 year olds on this website that's not even that hard to imagine bruv

>being this obsessed with Sup Forums you have to mention them at every turn
Get help

1. betacucks are afraid of real men
2. not EVERYONE hates it, just morons
3. who gives a shot what others think? stop being a bitch.

>6.9/10
It's a good score for IMDb. 6.2 and up are good kinos.

>movie about a big guy with a big sword
>hard to understand
Well you've done it Sup Forums you've proven you're fucking retarded and you only care about your fee fees

I really enjoy shitposting on this website but half the threads I visit on Sup Forums and Sup Forums somehow end up in muh libtards muh niggers muh altright and general political shitposting. It's hard not being exposed to it user

What did you expect? These are the same betas who think BvsS was good and like small children and feet. They're nothing but cucks.

Get help.
Either b8 or people who haven't watched the movie.

You're absolutely correct. In the minds of a capeshitter and starshitters we are imprisoned to here.

>ANGELA NIGHT
>Angela Night is a writer, gamer, feminist and film buff. Writer of the Thoughts Of A Feminist Blog, found at [email protected]. Most often observed in natural habitat of Twitter @angelheartnight

article came from this bitch.

When you actually rate something on IMDB you only have the option of a full number, the decimal point is just to make it more accurate instead of rounding up or down to the nearest full number

Everyone with taste can agree that Conan the Barbarian is good but here's the real question:

What's your opinion on Conan the Destroyer?

Not good as Deathstalker

I didn't say that, he was arguing Nietzche isn't entry level, I was saying it is one of the first things you're taught, thus making it entry level, never said that made it bad munter

Because it's a bit uneven, good but uneven.
And this is what Conan looked like according to the books. Why is it ok to change someone's race to white?

post a picture of your arm

@85137164
B8, just ignore, don't reply to.

>Give me what I want or fuck off
That's not how prayers works
What if my greatest joy in life is to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their men, women and children?

It's fun

he's a tanned white guy there, arnie was a slightly tanned white guy

>What's your opinion on Conan the Destroyer?
Decent flick, the princess is top cute too. Has a few good scenes but doesn't hold up as well as it's own film, more like "Some more adventures of Conan".

Always wanted to see massive Arnie ravage the qt princess though.

Who exactly did Conan outsmart? Valeria caught him the first time he tried to be stealthy, Osric caught him in a lie and the time he went undercover he was immediately caught and crucified.

Cracker that's a olive, not a white guy.
>Who exactly did Conan outsmart
The riders

That's how Cimmerian prayers work.

Okay then. What is the riddle of steel?

Yeah, I don't know that setting an experienced warrior setting an ambush is "out witting every other character he comes across ... [like] current BBC Sherlock."

How can steel be strong if the flesh is weak?
You're right, but you did ask who did Conan outsmart and he outsmarted the riders.

This.
This film wasn't worthy of a soundtrack this good.

Fuck yes

youtube.com/watch?v=BHfE682mm3c
Without a doubt

Steel is weak. Flesh is stronger.

Roger Ebert is a god.

Then what are bones?

Well James Earl Jones does have a lighter complexion than a lot of black people.

He was burnt brown by the sun, still technically white though

Fuck IMDB, Conan is one of the best movies of all time

You've never actually read Howard, did you? It is stated in almost every single story that he's a white man, suppose to look like an Irish man with big blue eyes. There is even a story in which he sided with the white guys against the swarthy picts solely because they're white.

>6.9/10 is bad

I want IGN to leave

BAP pls

My man!

Are the books good?

Yes

Is Arnold /kino/?

> There is even a story in which he sided with the white guys against the swarthy picts solely because they're white.

Name?

>Conan
>dumb

> Language and writing were also made available, the poetry of Kitai, the philosophy of Sung

I genuinely get annoyed because Conan was actually pretty Learned.

“Flesh grows weak. Steel becomes brittle. But the will is indomitable.”

Only people who haven't watched Conan can hate it. Or women.

Maybe they shouldn't have casted Doom as a black guy so this 'issue' wouldn't come up at all.

I think they were smart and casted the best actor they could find for the role.

'How do you figure that?' retorted the Cimmerian. 'I have but to wait until dark, climb down the other side of this crag and melt into the forest. I can crawl through the line the Picts have thrown around this hill, and return to the fort to report you all slain by the savages—which will shortly be truth!' Zarono and Strom stared at each other in pallid silence. 'But I'm not going to do that!' Conan roared. 'Not because I have any love for you dogs, but because a white man doesn't leave white men, even his enemies, to be butchered by Picts.'

--The Black Stranger

Also:
“You said I was a barbarian,” he said harshly, “and that is true, Crom be thanked. If you
had had men of the outlands guarding you instead of soft-gutted civilized weaklings, you
would not be the slave of a black pig this night. I am Conan, a Cimmerian, and I live by
the sword’s edge. But I am not such a dog as to leave a white woman in the clutches of a
black man; and though your kind call me a robber, I never forced a woman against her
consent. Customs differ in various countries, but if a man is strong enough, he can enforce
a few of his native customs anywhere. And no man ever called me a weakling!”

--The Vale of Lost Women

>tfw Arnie is exactly the right age to play this older King version of Conan.
God somebody needs to shove a contract for a sequel in front of him right fucking now.