GOT

What episode marked the demise of GOT's quality?
Granted it still has pretty great cinematography, but watching the earlier seasons vs. the later ones makes you wonder exactly where did all go so wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b3b7fZIT0nk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pls engage

>great cinematography
what did he mean by this

>100% DnD original plot
>Yara sailing around all of Westeros and then
>DOGS!!!!

Stannis meeting Renly. At the time we all thought it was relatively minor the way they mishandled it, made Renly a punk bitch and omitted certain parts, but that was the beginning of them pushing and they got away with it and this is the result.

Season 5

After the so called rape of sansa stark. The backlash forced the producers down the SJW empowerment route

When D&D got creative control.

ASOIAF is shit. D&D are shit. It's D&D moderating ASOIAF that is the incredible series phenomenon. Doesn't work when it's only one.

this
the show had been steadily going downhill since the end of season 1 but this was the ultimate jump-the-shark moment

when George's books ended, and they went full retard with powerful wymyn, evil old white guys must perish

but he books are better than the show, even when the show was at its best

it's fair to say the cinematography is good isn't it? granted any scene with the dragons is usually very poor and overplayed but the rest of the show isn't too bad
I think up to season 5 it was still god tier, tywins death definitely left a void but the show just started to fall apart regardless anyway
oh yeah I was wondering why there was such a push to shove so much sjw shit down our throats now, makes sense

When Tywin died.
They hd made changes that were great while following the original framework.
The Ros story, the littlefinger/varys scene, the conversation between Robert and cersei etc.

But after Tywin's death the changes were just too ludicrous. The lack of logistics, the lack of sensible tax policies and their effects, the teleportations, empty castles, and lack of consistency in general. Like Khal Drogo dies from a festering scratch but Arya gets stabbed a gorillion times and falls on a canal full of shitty water survives fine. Then the shitty fanfiction plots you can see from a mile away like Dany marrying Jon Snow to make an alliance when she has a conversation with Missandei.

Fucking ridiculous.

They only use 4 writers too even after surpassing the books and needing an original story. So it's no wonder when most big shows like breaking bad or sons of anarchy have 8 writers, that these 4 fuckers are delivering garbage that doesn't make any sense. It's a shame.

Hell fucking no, you must be getting nostalgia goggles. ASOIAF is like 90% tyrion explaining how he likes to sleep with his dick inside a hooker and GRRMs hidden fetishes (scat, bestiality).

season 3 gayness

>Yes but what was their Tax policies! Did they kill all the little orcs!
>''KEEP ROWING HENRY''

S05E01 for me

still better than GOT post season 4

yup, it's never been that good the books are just a fucking sexual fantasy for chodey Martin to wank over

youtube.com/watch?v=b3b7fZIT0nk

it wasn't even a good fucking song

It was the first episode of season 5 when I immediately noticed the decline in quality in terms of dialogue, and then it got worse. Everything started to become stupid.

whenever the male characters crossed the 50% threshold of being dickless weirdos

all I see are a bunch of castrati, a dwarf, a fatass NEET, a one-armed sisterfucker, a psychopath with his face burned off, and a bastard zombie with no gf.

it's like Davos is the only normal man left in Westeros and Essos

Even Davos had all his fingers cut in half.

Bruh look at this dude...

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

YAASS QUEEEN SLAYYY

book 3

Has anyone got that webm of Davos saying "how is babby formed"

Littlefinger

show became shit as soon as they could stop trying, ie after season 1

normies only care about WHAT HAPPENS, not how shitty the costumes and sets are, how terrible the dialog is, how little sense anything makes

watching a tv show is just the easiest way to keep up with plot points and events, but for the normie it has the same meaning as reading a synopsis on wikipedia

Yeah that whole episode was dumb IIRC. It's when you knew D&D had the minds of teenagers and there was no hope when they got past the books.

>people only watch it for the plot

It's weird they kill off all the strong white men and leave women and retarded freaks.

fair, but he's a ruthless murderer, lusts after his niece and runs a brothel. apart from john snow there's no man you can actually root for.

>bellend helmet
Robert Strong don't look so scary anymore.

Shre...Shredder?

S02E01
Only the first season is watchable

I love how he was introduced as Ser Robert Strong and in the next episode its Ser Gregor. Showrunners thinking everyone is an idiot that couldn't make 2 and 2

That's because the average fan actually is.

S01E01, never watched it and never will.
Bye

do you literally think 90% of the books revolve around Tyrion having sex or are you being facetious?

Yes, GOT was only good when it was D&D moderating the books.

On their own, they are utterly horrible writers.

I've read the books. Only people who say they actually think they're good are retards who need to tell people "the books are better than the series" and to constantly feel superior to them, because they are actually inferior in every single way and need to justify not ending their lives immediately.

The books are better than the series, the motivations of the characters are better explained, the sequence of events is more logical, the intrigue is compounded by the slower pacing, like a slow burn political drama wrapped in an action fantasy setting that is translated to the show, but with less impact.

There's nothing the show does better than the books, and the things the show did well in it's early seasons the books do better.

They aren't great books, but they're good books, and good books trump ok television

Kill yourself immediately.

I stopped watching after the red wedding. Should I go back and watch some more or am I not missing anything?

If that's all you can come back with I win the argument by default

nice try kid

Last episode of S3. It entered the PADDING dimension on top of poor writing.

The dialogue with the arch maester was good. Reminded me of earlier episodes with Tywin.

The episode with the horrible CGI skeleton warriors.

There's a few good moments after that but the show turns to irredeemable shit in season 5

I just finished watching the first episode literally 10 minutes ago. Should I just stop here?

I disagree. Season 1 of the show was genuinely better then the first book. Season 1 had great character bits that weren't in the book, such as Robert and Cerise talking about their failed marriage.

Honestly I think it just began to break down during season 4. They began to mess up Jaime's arc from season 3 and left the books a bit, but they could still maintain being a good show because of the sheer amount of content from the books being covered.

>Robert and Cersei talking about their failed marriage
I see people shilling that scene on here all the time. Just watched it and it was unsubtle and had clunky dialogue? It was film-student level stuff. No coincidence or surprise that it was original content from the showrunners.

Why are all their feet SO close together when they stand?

No watch the full first season

It's unironically GOAT

No keep watching the first 3 seasons are mostly just pure good shit, it gets clouded more and more with shit afterwards

No manspreading

Ok, I'll just move on with my life.

I suppose he meant it's well directed, some episodes are really good in terms of production value and some of the actors do a great job, all things I do agree.
But story and some of the dialogues are painful

Women and dickless men

Best post in this thread

There are no more normal characters. No more Roose, Tywin, Blackfish, Eddard, Catelyn, Robert, Barristan, Walder, Robb, Mance, Myrcella, Marjory, Tommen ... etc.

Just about every surviving character has some sort of crazy power or disability. I'm not kidding. Think about it.

what the hell power does sansa,tyrion, jamie, or cersei have?

Reminder that Cogman is the true evil, and the D&D have done nothing wrong:

Things D&D have done:
>adapted many scenes amazingly, such as Blackwater, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, Mountain vs Viper
>Gave us the awesome Massacre at Hardhome, which the books only mentioned in passing
>made the show a success with plenty of top tier actors and actresses
>gave us the great Theon burning the letter scene
>Gave us the Robert & Cersei scene

Things Cogman has done:
>Fucked up Dorne with his fanfiction and talked D&D into doing it(HINT: They didn't want to do it)
>Asha(oh wait, no, i mean Yara, Cogmans fanfic name for her) vs Ramsay's Dogs
>put Sansa in Winterfell

It got worse and worse as D&D started substituting GRRM's ideas for their own.

Doing so was probably necessary for a 10 hour/season show, especially as GRRM's storylines (some of which were dead ends) got more and more convoluted and more and more important characters were added.

Season 1 had the best pacing, but it was based on a 600-something page book, so it was easier for them to stay faithful to the source with the screentime they were given, compared to some of the later seasons that had to squeeze source material nearly twice that length into the same amount of screentime.

>or disability

>sansa
can teleport and summon the knights of the vale
>tyrion
is dwarf
>jaime
one-armed
>cersei
fucking mental

Ok cool I'll watch the first three and then see about it.

Who's idea was that filler nonsense at Craster's Keep?

I haven't went back and re-watched the older seasons but it feels like season 5 was the beginning of a noticeable drop in quality and it has never recovered for me. I only watch for a few characters now and just pick the rest apart.

>Just about
>power or disability
Lrn2read

Also:

>Tyrion
Dwarf (disabled)
>Jaime
Le poetic justice swordfighter who lost his sword arm man. Also a sisterfucker and goes by "kingslayer". Real normal chap.

>Cersei
Incestuous terrorist le poetic justice obsessive mother who lost all her children woman. Also lives her life based on a prophecy a witch told her 30 some years ago. Really your everyday woman.

how else would we get the extremely important and engaging plot thread about sam's depressive peasant waifu

Is this confirmed? If so, he deserves to be shot.

I'm going to have to say the episode where Jon went off to fight Karl Tanner. I know you guys love "the fooking legend" but as a plot element it was filler in it's purest form, and only there to give Jon something to do until the battle on the wall. This is now the norm; delay, fuck around and then deliver a big battle in ep 9 to smooth things over with the audience.

It was also one of the more obvious attempts to make a character interesting but giving him a few lines of "badass" dialogue rather than bother with characterization. Now every character is like that.

Books 1 and 2 are good tho

>the lack of sensible tax policies and their effects
What the fuck are you talking about?

>rewatching series
>it's another dany episode
ENOUGH

No I mean this shit. The stuff with Craster himself and Gilly was in the books.

grrm in response to "how is GoT different to LotR?" said something like "Tolkien never talked about Aragorn's tax policies"

>GoT tax policies
>"He's like, really good with taxes and makes, like, lots of money"

Bravo Martin!

>Bread. And two of those little fish
>And a mug of dark ale to wash it down
>And bacon...burnt black

/comfybreakfast/

I believe the shirtless Ramsay scene happened before this.

Season 4 had some good moments and was overall likable, but it was when they really started to push the filler crap like the botched Theon rescue attempt and this scene with Karl Tanner, which ultimately led to nothing. Season 5 was just downhill from there. They completely abandoned plot lines they had set up earlier, they killed off characters simply because they didn't want to pay as many actors, the Sons of the Harpy were inhuman (afraid of death) and impossibly numerous (how the fuck did no one notice the hundreds of people carrying giant gold masks and putting them on in the Colosseum?). Of course the absolute low point had to be the Dorne story line, where they abandoned Jaime's character development to instead have him go to the desert to have a poorly choreographed fight and terrible dialogue with the Sand Sneks, simply because Oberyn was popular.

It was a complete snore fest after the end of the season with Red Wedding.

Each season after that was 1st episode with some action/story progression, then non-stop, boring filler until the last episode and season finale again with some action and story progression.

The books go much further into the nitty gritty of ruling. The show, not so much.

This is my vote. There are still good moments and episodes after this - mostly shit lifted from the books - but there was no reason for this entire plotline to take place, let alone be so terrible.

Well, we'll always have seasons 1-3, and parts of 4...

Does anybody have a character and motivation in this series anymore, beyond "we need to wrap things up Dabid"? Watching Tormund being subservient to King Jon, Sansa becoming Cersei 2.0 so we miss her less when she's offed, not to mention Dany's flock of Ladies in Waiting is painful.

ITT:
>Filler started in season 4
>Dany in Qarth wasn't complete and empty filler

>It was also one of the more obvious attempts to make a character interesting but giving him a few lines of "badass" dialogue rather than bother with characterization.

Wow I didn't even realize he started that trend. To be honest I always sort of interpreted it as him just being a braggart (since the whole badass quips things wasnt the norm yet at that point) who ended up finding himself in a position where no one (until Snow) could oppose him. It helps that the guy who plays him (who I've only seen in TDKR and Pacific Rim) is charismatic enough to pull off such narm. Also I like memes as much as the next guy.

>not rooting for the murderous pimp

>the Dorne story line
What a fucking mess. When I found out Jaime was going to Dorne, I actually thought it was a good idea.

Just move Jaime's adventures in the Riverlands to Dorne. You can still retain his basic character arc but also have a more natural introduction to all the characters in Dorne, since one of the main characters is interacting with them.

Instead we got... what we got.

Season 4
Episode 1

season 4 was when it started to disappoint me more often than not

I like Missandei's catgirl outfit here

Quick question here, what's everyone's problem with this? It goes down almost exactly the same in the books, but in the books you don't see what happens after Sam bails from Craster's. Bran ending up captured there is pretty retarded, but doesn't everything else play out just like that in the books, with Jon leading a mission to murder them all, etc? I may be wrong, it's been a while. It also makes sense for the Night's Watch to ride out and fucking kill the treasonous cunts, but everyone I talk to thinks it's stupid.

Who else had a descriptive shitting scene like that? I vaguely remember Ser Davos having similar trouble at some point. Then there is Tywin who didn't shit gold. Anyone else?

Everything involving Dany is filler. She hasnt had a single interesting plotline even season 1 is mostly just cool because we get to see cool savages and an annoying spoiled princeboy get slapped around and eventually killed in a cool scene.

It legitimately would have been better to just have her die on the pyre but have the dragons be birthed and then boom bam magic returned to whatever the entire world in GoT is called.

You can root for bad and neutral guys you know

Who wants to bet that there will be a confrontation between Jon Snow and Dany and that the dragons will listen to Jon because he also has Targaryan blood and is male.