Reminder that this muthafucka is the sole reason we have capefilms from Marvel...

Reminder that this muthafucka is the sole reason we have capefilms from Marvel, and not only was it almost perfect (ending sucked), but it was also a black main character who wasn't just a pandering race swap.

Marvel should look back to what got them into the movie business, and remember what it was like to have some balls in their movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=W8pZdrPSt4c
youtube.com/watch?v=YGN9e8iLZmg
youtube.com/watch?v=W3BcIftlU0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One of my favorite movies too. (Part 2 anyway). They need to bring his weird ass bacc

I really loved the worlds of Blade 1 and 2. Such a weird mix of things that fit so well. Wish it didn't all end like it did, nothing's felt quite the same.

Yeah, they went too goofy with it. Blade had a great atmosphere, and they did a great job of giving you the feeling that this was all just a part of our world that goes unseen, without being too far out there.

The third act really suffered, even the deleted ending was pointing to the fact that they wrote themselves into a corner, but it was a movie that remained fairly grounded, while proving that you could adapt a comic book well.

People do tend to forget that Blade did indeed start off the Marvel movieverse as we know it. The first 2 movies also were pretty damn good. Would love to see a new Blade movie, but Snipes is getting kind of old, and not sure if anyone else can pull off blade.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=W8pZdrPSt4c

>HE JUST WOULDN'T

Wesley Snipes is owned it. He had the look, the choreography ability, and he could deliver some cheesy-ass lines.

I don't think anyone else could have done it.

>Reminder that this muthafucka is the sole reason we have capefilms

Well, now I know who to hate.

Catch you fuckers at a bad time?

X-Men and Spider-Man franchises have way more claim to that.

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.

I fucking love Blade 1 and 2.
The only Marvel movies before his were those laughably low budget ones and Howard the Duck.
Really strange how it took so long for another R rated super hero movie.

Neither was made by Marvel.
Blade was the first huge hit made by Marvel studios.

youtube.com/watch?v=YGN9e8iLZmg

Clearly the true and correct answer is Howard The Duck.

>What? He moved.

>Wasn't a pandering race swap
Worse THEY MADE HIM AMERICAN.

The Crow started capeshit first anyways.

Wasnt he just born in the UK?

>inb4 John Boyega
>inb4 Idris Elba
>inb4 Michael B. Jordan

There's no reason to bring him back into the MCU.

>Reminder that this muthafucka is the sole reason we have capefilms from Marvel
Sorry bud but that's actually Iron Man. Nobody gives a shit about Blade.

None of them have the charm of Snipes

Snipes was so good they basically changed comic Blade to be more like him. Who gives a fuck he was suppose to be British? Snipes basically reinvented the character.

x-men would not have been made, if not for the success of Blade.

Except for all the people that did and do

Do you know what Marvel had before Blade?

Anyone watch the Blade series? It was on and off so quickly I can only assume it was trash but is it worth looking for ?

Blade 2 is on Netflix.
I'm sure you can find any of them with Google.

He means the tv show
I thought it was alright, I only caught like the first 3 episodes then I heard it was cancelled

No, I mean the series. Wesley Snipes was in jail at the time. it ran for one season I think.

Blade 1 is top tier, Blade 2 blows.

If you haven't scene the entire movie this scene carries now weight for you, but watch it again after you watch blade 1.

If you haven't seen Blade 1, I advise against clicking on this

youtube.com/watch?v=W3BcIftlU0A

I love the movies, I mean the tv series.
Shame, I had hopes for it, but I never knew when it was on.

Spike tv

You mean just you and the other handful of people in this thread.

Blade 2 was pretty good as an attempt to make the Vampire world deeper. Plus an entire movie of either the super vampires or the blood pack would have been pretty cool.

Most fans universally say that Blade 2 was the best of the trilogy. No clue why you think it sucked. Best writing and pacing of the 3 movies. Blade 3 was a fucking train wreck.

k

What I'm saying is that nobody really knows or cares what Marvel had before Iron Man.

2 out of those 3 actors are already in the MU

Tell me right now what you didn't like about skin head vampire Ron Pearlman

the joke is that whenever theres a black character involved, no matter what those three are the first names out of most peoples mouths

I'm speaking solely as a fan of the movies, not of the comics.

Blade 2 wasn't better than Blade 1. Snipes talked too damned much in 2.

Marvel should really do an Incredible Hulk styled soft reboot with Snipes Blade to then bring in his daughter.
That's kind of why Marvel comics are such in a shit now, isn't it? They keep rewriting comic characters into their MCU versions and it doesn't work. MCU characters are usually incredibly toned down or not even the same character as the books, so trying to make that version canon pisses more people off than it brings them in.

>Bring in his daughter
Boooooo!

>That's kind of why Marvel comics are such in a shit now, isn't it? They keep rewriting comic characters into their MCU versions and it doesn't work
No. Jesus christ why does everyone think that the comics are always made into mirror images of the movies? They aren't. Thor is a chick, Iron Man is about to be a black girl, Miles is the plucky teen Spidey who is in good with the Avengers, Bruce is dead, and Black Widow and Scarlet Witch are who knows where. Oh, and Falcon is Captain America and Vision had some weird synth family shenanigans.

Does any of this sound like the movies to you?

I agree somewhat.
But exactly what was Blade's personality in the comic before the movies? Basing him off Snipes gave Blade far more personality then he had before, when he was just "the black guy who killed vampires. "

Marvel Comics now are going a totally different road than the movies yes, but you're clearly forgetting that the MCU is nearly 10 years old at this point and has influenced the comics a lot in that time, mostly for the worst.

>you're clearly forgetting that the MCU is nearly 10 years old at this point and has influenced the comics a lot in that time, mostly for the worst.
Oh clearly. Enlighten me please.

>zomg nick fury is black now
I hate SJWs as much as the next guy but your opinion is shit.

Making Nick Fury black in 616 is Marvel pandering to MCU fucking hard, and pretty damn sure it never amounted to anything important. Coulson too, but he's whatever really.

>that music
I need to rewatch this

Black Nick Fury was a thing for nearly a decade before the MCU. The only thing that changed was that he was moved from 1610 to 616 via some silly backstory that nobody cares about.

But it changed nothing. Sometimes actors become the role and its hard to undo it, and it permeates. Do you hear anyone elses voice coming out of Iron man other than RDJ?

It's a superficial change to make the comics more accessible to new fans. You're absolutely right though, it never amounted to anything important and nothing was really changed.

So why is it so terrible?

Those aren't the same character.

Not literally no, but for all intents and purposes they might as well be.

>Do you hear anyone elses voice coming out of Iron man other than RDJ?
Bendis'. Iron Man is his current self-insert, after all.

Most people forgot it had any ties with Marvel because it was an R rated movie and had a world isolated from anything Marvel related. It was still an incredibly well done movie, along with its sequel. You also kinda got the hint that it spawned several similar movies like Underworld, VanHellsing, etc

but movie fury is black cause ultimate fury is just samuel jackson so they hired samuel jackson

Because I don't like change.

shows contempt for the comic fans and marvel is basically telling them "we don't care about you unless it's for the movies".

Doesn't this version of Blade predate Snipes and the movie? He shows up with Whistler in Spider-Man: TAS.

Was Blade's appearance in Spider-Man: TAS a dry run for the version we got in the movie?

>ending sucked
u fucking wut?

X-men got green lit before blade went into production. Stop spreading bullshit.

The super blood thinner effect looks like shit, and the final battle is against a pile of CGI blood right out of a PS1 game.

The TAS crew got to have a peak at the script before the movie was released.

Those were just products of the time. And at the time they didn't look so bad. The concept wasn't bad.

>ending sucked
Some mothafuckas always tryna iceskate uphill.....

>bitching about speed effects pre matrix
>bitching about bad cgi in 1998
movie is damned near 20 years old, give it a rest.

No most say 1 is best, because it absolutely is.
2 is a classic solid sequel that's really good, but not better

>The concept wasn't bad.

The concept was good but the execution was terrible.

And if LXG is any indication, Norrington just has no idea how to use CGI well because that film's effects look like fucking garbage too.

>Some mothafuckas always tryna iceskate uphill.....

Alight yes, that is one of the best ridiculous one-liners of all time, and it's tipper off by Blade SPIN-KICKING THE VIAL INTO HIS HEAD.

>movie is damned near 20 years old, give it a rest.

CGI doesn't justify how terrible the blood-thinner effect is.

Why didn't he open his eyes, Sup Forums?

>replacing a great character that fits into almost any story with Samuel L Jackson because MUH SYNERGY is fine, and should be supported
Kill yourself. Holy shit kill yourself.

>Might as well be
>if you ignore that they're completely different roles and characters

I will never not love the part of the climax where Blade kicks the shit out of some poor bastard shouting
>FROOOOOOOOST

The budget wasn't exactly huge for that movie. And it was still mostly practical effects and camera tricks. CGI back then was a toy and a 'woah cool!' thing, not like we know it today.

This is Literally my first movie. My parents took me to see this as a child & I didn't cry to it. My first film was a comic flick & I always smile at the thought of it. At least my parents did SOME things right.

It's not superficial. White Nick Fury (one of Marvel's best characters) has now only appeared in one of the worst event comics of all time.

>blaming the director for bad CGI
holy shit you're retarded

Blade wrecking those guys on the dais was pretty based, though I think the re-hash of it in 2 with the commando team is better.

>The budget wasn't exactly huge for that movie. And it was still mostly practical effects and camera tricks. CGI back then was a toy and a 'woah cool!' thing, not like we know it today.

I understand all of that, but it still doesn't excuse that fact that they hinged the final fight on dodgy CGI. Hindsight is 20/20, but there are plenty of movies that came out around that time with effects that mostly hold up, or at least don't focus on the dodgy ones so much.

At least Blade 2 put the bad CGI in the dark.

actually, the Ultimate writers wanted to use SLJ's likeness for Ultimate Nick Fury and reached out to him for permission, and he told them he would allow them to draw the character to look just like him for free.....if he got first dibs on playing the character in a future movie. fast forward a few years, and he did.

The final fight was fine, Frost only CG'ed up for a few shots like when he gets cut in half and regenerates. The alternate ending where he was a full-on blood tornado looked way worse.

I like that they beat the seemingly invincible bloodgod with some organic chemistry and asskicking.

Based Guillermo

>Man becomes part Dog God
>Beat him by feeding him enhanced grapes

Saw the whole animated series of you're talking about the madhouse run. It was the best out of the Marvel Anime Series made by madhouse. & I'm being series, I recommend it. It's fucking great. he even has his own version of 'Some muthafuckas are always trying to Iceskate uphill.' in the end. It's fuckin' amazing.

It really is a shame how Blade gets left out of the 'What franchise started the current cape boom' conversation. The first two were pretty good and the third was a good audition tape for Ryan to use for Deadpool and for Wesley's on site antics.

Well, what I mean really is how they spend most of the movie showing vampires as just a side effect of a blood infection, and how they're completely scientifically explained (to a point, but it's capeshit). Except there's some bloodgod that is supposedly this great thing except no, go fuck yourself, still vulnerable to vampire stuff.

well the blood god was composed of blood. How would you kill blood? Primitives wouldve thought this thing was a God. The blood itself was in a host so you kill the host?

This poster looks like a ps1 render