Is this good or shit?

bump

Thanks for the bump pal.

pls respond

Shit

Tragic that Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins are stuck on that

I thought it was shit.

Not bad, not great.

I really wanted to like it, because I loved Jonathan Nolans previous show, but it was really disappointing. It just felt like the standard edgy, tryhard 2deep4u HBO garbage. If you want a good show about AI then just watch Person of Interest, it handled the subject a lot better than Westworld did

the latter

What shit?

>Anthony Hopkins
uhhmmm

i wouldn't say it's shit but it's not good. the way that it explores artificial intelligence and the line between it and real life is not new or very interesting. and the plot isn't really exciting either because the twists were really obvious.

it's a step above shit like game of thrones, though.

Predictable as all hell. It isn't bad, it's just whatever.

It's pretty dog shit.

>If you want a good show about AI then just watch Person of Interest
Reminder to you that Michael Emerson will appear in Season 2 of this show as a guy hired to get rid of the rebellion, only for us to find out he is a robot planted by Ford

It sucked. It was boring despite having lazy writing provide all of the tweests, some of which make no sense unless everybody is a robot.

Reminder that Michael Emerson is done acting on TV shows for the foreseeable future. Lost immediately followed by Person of Interest burned him out

Fantastic production values with so so writing. It's kind of like Game of Thrones.

its a good anime

Starts out amazing turns to shit about halfway through. Still worth a watch imo.

the show needs Stephen Lang in some capacity

good

no, it lack more scenes like this

I thought it was good shit, but I'm a sci-fi fag.

Person of Interest was better IMO, but this show isn't over yet.

All of the female characters are shit, except maybe Dolores and Snek, so about 50% of the show is shit. The rest is Anthony Hopkins being an evil genius and Ed Harris being obsessed with finding Hopkins' secrets, which is admittedly pretty good stuff.

Pretty predictable and nothing we haven to seen before, but the production values are high and it dwells on the experience of the AI involved, which is a good perspective to see in this kind of thing, it's worth a watch especially if this is babbys first AI show for you

benis :DD

I liked it, but idiot plot again...

stupid as hell, stopped watching with 2 episodes left in the season. i found out about the last episode and was glad i never finished it. I like the blonde one though.

it's shit. it's just more nolan gimmicky crap of narrative and timeline tricks.

>theresa paid the toll.jpg

Pretty shit. The plot often relies on the characters being idiots, and it basically treads water through the entire middle portion of the season.

It has twists for their own sake, and thinks keeping the viewer asking "what the fuck is going on?" is enough emotional resonance to keep a show going.

> If you want a good show about AI then just watch Person of Interest, it handled the subject a lot better than Westworld did
it handles the subject in such a different way that it's not the same subject
they're basically entirely unrelated except for AI having some presence

come the fuck on m8, this show is such a fucking feminist garbage, she fucking survived. somehow, she survived. because she's a woman.

personally I think the themes are way more intelligently handled than by nolan, this show doesn't explain everything to you the way his movies do
I like the show but it's driven by ideas rather than characters, which I think a lot of viewers don't understand. the closest thing to a film version of a crichton book I've seen

It's good at the start of the season. It's shit by the end of it.

what unbelievably stupid things have the characters done, in your opinion?

Duhrrr, me give you super intelligence now

you've never seen a cowardly person do something stupid out of fear?

also what else could he have done? they literally established that she has the ability to wake herself up, disobeying her was a serious risk

It's the BestWorld.

The cancer that had spread out from GoT
-ugly music that is expensive to make
-ambiguous one liners that sound edgy by talking about nothing but killing and how evil women are
-nothing happens until the big battle scene (shootout)
-poor execution of cliche tropes: corrupted men and women kill and fuck slaves for entertainment; the dejavu in the routine life is a lie; the slave has the real humanity;
-

first few episodes good
last 3 episodes mindfuck
but its a little bit hard to follow

It's good while you're watching it but very forgettable after. I barely give a shit about the next season

/thread

>not getting hype for a Samurai World spinoff

100% nolan will hire ken watanabe for samurai world

and Tom Cruise

>Person of Interest
I've tried to get through the first season a couple times now. When does it stop with the cheesy NYC actors doing crime of the week and start with the sci-fi?

I wouldn't classify it as sci-fi. It has some futuristic elements, but it's mostly a western show mixed with some modern drama.

I meant the exploration of the AI. Does it get more prominent in the later seasons?

>tfw no snek gf

I guess that depends on what you think constitutes exploring. They are a lot of sequences about the not-really AI, but it's mostly explored through Delores and the black slut. Sir Hannibal Lecter waxes poetic about it in several scenes, but you ultimately find out the entire thing is retarded and convoluted.

That being said, I enjoyed watching it, but mostly only for snekfu.

it's good

avoid spoilers, leave the thread pronto

>ywn go to Westworld to turn Dolores into a human pig

It's was a great show I'd say the best currently on hbo. Of course a lot of Sup Forums hates it because it's popular. Definitely try giving it a watch

I was talking about Person of Interest.

Except for Delores, which I had to think about really hard, I can't remember the names of a single character in the show, even the ones I liked. Though Armistice did just come to me, but only because she was my favorite and I want to sex her.

And apparently that's a tv show. My bad. I don't even know what that is.

You sound like two AI talking to each other.

Plot twist everyone in this thread are hosts created by Arnold, but we are unable to see inconsistencies in our reality.

Someone set your Bulk Apperception a little too high.

I honestly daydreamed through a couple episodes, but mid seasons and finales were pretty dope. POI that is.Who is snekfu?

I honestly daydreamed through a couple episodes, but mid seasons and finales were pretty dope. POI that is.

Who is snekfu?

>Who is snekfu?

>Who is snekfu?
Best girl

>I honestly daydreamed through a couple episodes, but mid seasons and finales were pretty dope.
I'll try making it the the end of S1 then.

Snekfu is Armistice (Ingrid Bolso Berdal), the Norse goddess of death. She was programmed to be unobtainable, dangerous and sexy which makes her quite popular.

First season is all character and world building, I liked it but I can see how it might bore some people. Starting at the end of the first season the government conspiracy/AI shit starts becoming a little more prominent, and by the 4th season that's really all it's about anymore

Thank you.

Sure. Keep in mind though that even in later seasons the episodes are still about saving random people, generally the A plot is about saving somebody, with the B plot being about the shows larger mythology. And then you have a lot of episodes where there is no A plot, or where the A plot is connected to the B plot and so on

>manface
>no ass
>fridge body
Why do people find Dolores attractive?

I enjoyed it but I have to say I have absolutely no interest in watching any further seasons, they should have just made it a mini series and leave it at that, no reason to continue

Yeah I don't know where they can go from here without it turning into a completely different show. I'll watch it anyone I suppose

>he's still at it

its good shit

Seems easy to me. You continue the Western thing by having the Board of Directors being forced to become banditos and the Maeve continues to be shit by agreeing to help them if they help her find her daughter. We also get a revenge role reversal as the hosts rape and murder the guests, including the loli and shota ofc. Then there's the effort to reestablish control over the park, constantly thwarted by Delores as she attempts to seize control of the Mesa.

They can make a comedy spinoff where Snek escapes the park/Island on a hand built viking ship but gets shipwreck and washes up in small Spaniash village with severe amnesia where eventually she works as a carpenter and has lots of misadventures.