'Spider-Man: Homecoming' struggling to reach $300M in the US

>$290M is the goal
Why did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VUsssa6ArAY
youtu.be/10fno5Qpm7w
youtu.be/lo0wAA6FTJ4
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/16/box-office-spider-man-homecoming-suffers-mcus-worst-second-weekend-drop-ever/#107fdf9235fb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bad advertising campaign desu, I barely knew it was out.

also a lot of the dialogue felt very forced

Why do you fucking care about capeshit box office revenues?

>third reboot of a hero in 10 years
>70th capeshit film released this year

we can only hope that with their insane budgets and declining profits that capeshit will finally die within a few years and we can return to kino

>bad advertising campaign
What? It was fucking everywhere here and I don't even live in the US. They partnered up with 30 companies or so.

We know (())why)) and I'm glad we're fighting back against ((then) and (their) agenda.

It was pretty mediocre, Gotg 2 was far FAR better, hell even wonder woman got a best story and supporting cast even though Gal was weak as a protagonist.

Also 3 reboots in 15 years is retarded.

Because the American public knows that Raimi's SpiderMan will always be the best.

DC for the win

>Moist Meter comes out right before the sudden decrease in wanting to see the film
>Cr1tikal says Raimi's film is still the best Spider-Man film
>HomeCumming flops
BASED CHARLIE

People don't get invested after so many reboots.

In trying to appeal to the young teen it alienated a lot of the older audiences

All of those opinions are wrong. Homecoming was mediocre BUT still better than those other two

Because War for the Planet of the Apes was recently released, a blockbuster with more than just quick cut punches and quips on it's mind.
A real fucking film that doesn't have some shit after the fucking credits have rolled.

Based Reeves and Nolan saving us from capeshit with Blockbusters that are also real films.

Should've just hired Tobey. Making him a kid alienated anyone that liked him

He doesn't actually leave his room or use sites other than Sup Forums so in his mind, he's right.

You don't really think he has that much influence? I mean he is just a medium-level youtuber.

>Why did this happen?- 14 posts and 1 image reply shown.
Sony.

Not enough diversity.

Homecoming is genuinely the worst mcu movie

Despite the $140 million poured into marketing, Sony didn't do a good job selling this movie. They need to desperately revamp their marketing team.

The other problem is the film itself. There are strong select moments (mainly in the third act), though otherwise it's not exactly compelling. Not calling it a bad movie and it's better than the last two. But it just leaves you with a meh feeling.

l i t e r a l l y w h o a n d w h a t ?

No Iconic scenes like spidey swinging through new york

Spiderman and super hero fatigue

Easy 1 billion

C'mon now don't act like it wasn't because of the forced diversity. Brown people are ugly and scaringly underwhelming, nobody wants to see them.

Wonder Woman just got 765 millions, is not superhero fatigue.

Because it's boring for 3/4 of the film and filled with mindless, forced jokes

Movie didn't have buzz around it. It wasn't amazing (no pun intended). Just a solid Spidey movie. I watched it. Liked it, but I never felt a need to watch it again. Wonder Woman had a lot of positive word of mouth. Guardians 2 did and that's not a franchise that's been done to death. The last Spider-man movie was only three years ago. Now here's a reboot.

Why watch this when you can watch one of the endless Spiderman/Esla/Joker teamups on youtube?

b-but it got 99 on RT!

People are tired of Kevin Feige produced blackwashed garbage.

>WW started lower
>they're at the same point now
HOW DID IT END UP LIKE THIS

Fast and the Furious does great.

People are tired of the Marvel formula plus this is the second time they reboot Spiderman in a fucking decade.

>people are tired of Marvel

Guardians 2 just made over 800 million dollars.

He's right about the fights you know. Compare:

> Spider-Man 2
youtu.be/VUsssa6ArAY

> The Amazing Spider-Man
youtu.be/10fno5Qpm7w

> Homecoming
youtu.be/lo0wAA6FTJ4

Based Sup Forumsdittors

>2013 Man of Steel is the target for our 2017 movie with Spider-Man and Iron Man, guys!
LMAO The MCU is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.

They at least look european in it, not somalian. And no mention of shaming on white culture.

They were expecting to break a billion.

No one cares about a dumb coming-out teenage Spiderman, literally no one

Why is it always Sup Forumsedditors?

>wonder why no one's posting the Rotten Tomatoes image with 93% fresh for Homecoming
>check RT
>it's at 92% now with less reviews than WW

You mean the movie that should have made 1.5 billion underperformed?
Yeah, thats what i meant.

The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are the only MCU movies that have genuine style and vision. The plots of GOTG and GOTG2 aren't anything groundbreaking but James Gunn has a lot of unique flair. Homecoming is a typical made by committee Marvel flick that has the style and vision of a car commercial.

I swear you have been going around posting this same pic for the past 3 years... hows your life in the real world going? Like do you live life bro or are you just dying in a dark room trolling for a studio that makes shitty capeshit movies?

What does you mom think about the decisions you've made with your life?

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Performing in line with MOS. But of course, people won't say Homecoming disappoint because it got this arbitrary score on a vegetable website. Meanwhile people lump MOS into the failure category.

No it wasn't? Lol I remember reading 750 though .. what is it at right now?

You can't refute a single word of it. The first step of truth is denial.

>Moist Meter comes out
is that a tie-in song?

>The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are the only MCU movies that have genuine style and vision
Oh god you can see just feel the reddit sensibilities tingling in this brainlets childish brain

Hey man of steel is my fav dc movie since tdk... i thought homecoming was pretty good, not great.. kind of missed the whole swinging around NY to be honest.. still my 2nd fav spidey film though

Does indians even still used those shoes and Pants anymore?

He's right though

The hottest female in the movie is a 50 year old Italian broad. The villain is also poorly written and seems to have strange motivations.

Fuarken hellz ya dude....my 2nd fav spidy movie to..

>DCEU movie underperforms
>a fuckload of articles about how the DCEU is finished
>MCU movie underperforms
>"BIG SUCCESS AND GREATEST OPENING IN INDIA EVER!"

>REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT
Not an argument. Whether you love or hate the GOTG movies there's no denying they have more style than your average Marvel movie. Compare an action scene from GOTG to an action scene from Captain America: Civil War and you'll see what I'm talking about.

>Sup Forumsdittors
Excuse me shillord but are you admitting you're not a local?

That's true. I'm not an MCUfag, but GOTG at least tries to be different. It's quippy as shit, but it doesn't look like a prepackaged meal like the rest of the MCU post-mouse.

It sucks because the movie is actually decent. But Disney is either going to replace the best Peter Parker with Miles or dump Spider-man completely like X-men and Fantastic Four.

Fucking hate modern Marvel.

>tfw America is going to get a movie long before Batwoman gets even a cameo on The Batman 4: The Kite Man Rises

Wrong, there have headlines about how Homecoming is underperforming. Here's the biggest example:

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/16/box-office-spider-man-homecoming-suffers-mcus-worst-second-weekend-drop-ever/#107fdf9235fb

Your company wars bullshit is retarded.

This is your brain on reddit sensibilities folks. The mind of the weak, the low cine-IQ brain

It's already bad that there's a Captain Dyke Marvel movie incoming, I can't even imagine America Chavez making it to the big screen.
They're both shit but she's possibly even shittier.

Fuck off reddit

I personally dont give a fuck about what a superhero movie or any movie makes lol i dont get shit from it... and niether should you.
Its obviously not a secret that marvel has been on top of the cbm game for 10yrs now. The characters need heart man, make me care about caring about a person in a dumb costume.

Growing up I read dc & marvel comics & so far Marvel has been the only company that has made movies that have come close to what I use to feel when reading a comic at age 12. Not all the movies are good, like the thor movies.. age of ultron was cringy af.. but for the most part they do a decent job on making people wearing silly costumes into decent movies that bring back nostalgia for me at least

Based creepyfaced Mendelson. Truly /ourguy/.

Gotg 2 had more to build on because they already established the characters in the first movie. This is another reboot establishing it's foothold in the MCU. So no shit Gotg 2 was better.

It's almost like self-styled "journalists" with very questionable integrity and income are prone to corruption by the big fat mouse.

I'm not even saying they're good, I'm just saying they're stylistic. Calm down, autismo.

>best Peter Parker
Listen, I know you want to fuck the 5'4'' manlet but Holland is shit.

I love his rapist profile pic, theres no way he didn't do it on purpose.

If by bad, you mean excessive, yes I concur. Perhaps it's just me being snobbish about something being too much of a sell out

Holland at least acts like a 14 year old. He's great for young Peter.

I hope they make a Ms. America movie cause it would be the capeshit equivalent to The Room

You Snydercucks are stuck in the past, Wonder Woman was relentlessly shilled by the media and a bunch of outlets have talked about how Homecoming is underperforming. You can't play the victim anymore.

Nah Marvel has done nothing but pollute a genre that was thriving before the Kevin Feige model became standard. We had fucking legends like Raimi, Nolan, Burton, Vaughn, Snyder, Singer and so on leading the genre into uncharted territories. Now we have some no-name fucking Feige slave just abiding his master's will to further his agenda of a streamlined assembly-line garbage film universe that hasn't contributed a single positive thing to cinema. Literally all its contributions have been detrimental. That is the Kevin Feige Disney legacy to the genre.

You make me fucking sick

>America Chavez
jesus christ what happened to comics

>Wonder Woman was relentlessly shilled by the media
Reporting BO numbers isn't shilling.

>I don't like it so it doesn't have any style!
This is literal autism. I hate Baz Luhrmann but I wouldn't ever deny the fact that his films are very stylistic.

Sony's US division will never get any better until the Japs come down to where Pascal works and slap the dick out of her mouth.

No but all of the "YOU'VE GOTTA SEE WONDER WOMAN! IT'S THE VERY MAJOR FEMALE SUPERHERO MOVIE! WE'VE GOTTA SHOW HOLLYWOOD THEY'RE WRONG ABOUT FEMALE SUPERHERO MOVIES!" shit was pure shilling. Countless feminist shills hyped it up simply because it starred a woman and was directed by a woman.

I think he means it was shilled by the media b/c of the whole 2017 feminist/sjw era we are living through... b/c WW was like 6/10.. i cant even think of a memorable part of the movie

>YOU'VE GOTTA SEE WONDER WOMAN! IT'S THE VERY MAJOR FEMALE SUPERHERO MOVIE! WE'VE GOTTA SHOW HOLLYWOOD THEY'RE WRONG ABOUT FEMALE SUPERHERO MOVIES
This was never a driven narrative in WW ad campain.

If WW is a 6/10 i really can't say what SM: Homecoming...or even GoTG2.

>HC was shilled for the diversity
>not a peep

I agree I've never seen so many celebrities go out of their way to post on instagram or twitter to go out and support WW b/c of the whole female thing... fukn Shilled tonthe max imo

Yet people like WW more than Spider-man these days.

Guardians 2 is pretty disconnected from the rest of the MCU. If you turn off the movie before the post-credit scenes start you can easily pretend it isn't part of the MCU.

>Nolan
>Snyder

Well for me Homecoming was 6/10 just like WW b/c it was just okay in my opinion... nothing special, but spiderman is way cooler than WW character wise so I liked spidey a lil more... but GOTG was like 8/10 b/c its different from all capeshit and I love the colors/tone of the film. Logan has been my fav so far this year though 9/10

I agree. I hate forced SJW shit, but it was just a movie with a female super hero and some fat feminists tried to turn it into some political thing.

Reminder that today /ourgal/ blows past Spider-Man's $14mil opening lead in just one week and this Saturday she blows past GotG's current total to her crown of Queen of the Summer.

Don't ignore all of the retarded thinkpieces that came out, maybe Warner Bros. didn't have anything to do with that shit but there's no denying feminists shilled for the movie.

You can keep being mad but it's starting to look desperate. Despite Spider-man being lauded as the best MCU movie ever and Holland praised as a true prodigy, it's still flopping in his home country and it'll need a miracle to reach $300M.

>We had fucking legends
>like Nolan, Vaughn, Snyder, Singer
This is reddit, this is videogames, this is memes, this is low iq, this is Sup Forums