French soldiers defended the english evacuation in Dunkirk

>French soldiers defended the english evacuation in Dunkirk

>The french army fought bravely to give enough time for the english soldiers to retreat to Great Britain

>The German general Waeger himself was very impressed, and estimated the numbers of french soldiers to be way higher than it really was, considering the fierce opposition they faced in Dunkirk

>Some french soldiers tried to flee with the english, several cases of french soldiers being pushed out of the boats by their english """""""allies""""""" have been reported.

MEANWHILE, in 2017

Dunkirk is released

This movie is all about praising the British soldiers, who abandoned the fight on the main land, despite this retreat which many considered as treason, the French army helped organise the evacuation and gave enough time for them to retreat

They were treated like shit at the time, despite their heroic act

Now this movie is out, and NO FRENCH soldier is shown, except some few angry french soldiers in the beginning,

Are you going to watch this shitty propaganda ?

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/peter-travers-dunkirk-may-be-greatest-war-film-ever-w492668
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the french deserved worse for WWI.
France should have ended in 1939

Why are anglos so evil?

France is cuckland

I actually can't figure out why anyone would want to make a movie of Dunkirk. Shit is an embarrassment to Britian.

The UK sent a lot of what they had at the time in defence of France. It failed to stop the Germans, just like the French failed.

British and French soldiers died in what was a desperate attempt to stop an overwhelmingly superior force, so to try and pin failure or blame on the British for doing what was ultimately the smartest possible thing to do at the time is meaningless and insulting to the men who died while following their orders.

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that the British DID evacuate French soldiers and returned several years later to aid in the liberation of their allies country. But I guess you thought that fact wasn't as important.

The movie is not about praising the British soldiers, it's about showing the desperate circumstances they were in and praising the civilian boat crews who did whatever they could to get those soldiers (British and French) back to the UK to fight another day.

>Celebrating the time the British ran away better than anyone else in history

No thanks

Why do Americans make Vietnam or Desert Storm films? Sometimes people can enjoy a story despite it not portraying them in the best light.

French soldiers who fought the rearguard were heroes and deserved some recognition.

However the Bongs had already been fighting to protect your country. The BEF had been fighting with the germans in belgium when they were forced to withdraw because the french couldn't hold the flanks. The same french who had been retarded enough to focus everything on the marginot line and had NO reserves. kek.

Also 150,000 french troops got evacuated as well, so its not like they left everyone behind. Why do you expect the bongs to lose their entire army defending your country for you? Pathetic french.

>france gets invaded
>dont worry bros we've got you, it will just take a few months for all our troops to arrive from the colonies, dont worry though, we're sending everything we can in the meantime
>le arrogent english, we can hold the germans forever on our mighty maginot line

at which point the french were instantly outflanked and routed by a smaller force and the english cut off, dont see how any of it is the fault of the english

>>Some french soldiers tried to flee with the english, several cases of french soldiers being pushed out of the boats by their english """""""allies""""""" have been reported.

source.

It's their fucking country now ours that's why. Not our fault they a bunch of cucks. Also the Germans stoped their advance.

>mfw the brits would kick out the french from the boats, sometimes cutting their hands and even shooting them just for fun

Why

source

Didn't happen

So how historically accurate is this movie?
I know almost nothing about Dunkirk.

The French Army also capitulated within a couple of weeks.

this, I have no sympathy for the French after how many of our guys the Vichy cowards killed

In about one hour or so I'll post entire emails between critics and people from WarnerBros in which fresh reviews are being bought by WB and the negative ones are being halted to be released on RT earlier than the 19th.

Incoming drama.

Britannia is a garbage country full of garbage people.

That's not even true, besides the fact over a 100k french soldiers were evacuated by the British a British battalion was left behind to fight a rearguard action and the whole evacuation was impossible without the RAF.

Then factor in France's abysmal failure in the fighting at Belgium was the very reason withdrawal became necessary.

France fucked up, Britain still took 100s of thousands of French and other allied soldiers across the channel and frogs are just made they have not a single act of heroism to claim from the war- in fact half of the country collaborated with the hun

True, but they still beat you 2 (two) world wars you dirty hun bastard.

garbage nonetheless.

>half of the country collaborated with the hun

The eternal anglo and his lies once again. Active collaborators and resistance fighters both only represented a small part of the general population

>all those private ships that helped save soldiers

friendly reminder that the free market was the true savior of ww2

Because in Vietnam there were wins AND losses and moments of heroism. Desert Storm was a massive victory so Im not sure what you're on about there. Dunkirk was a bunch of fucking pussies crowding into boats by the thousands and literally pushing each other overboard to get a spot while leaving all their weapons and equipment behind for the enemy to capture. The entire thing was a massive act of cowardice and a huge dick in the ass to their "allies".

In World War 2 there were wins AND losses and moments of heroism. World War 2 was a massive victory so Im not sure what you're on about there.

Retard

America lost to a bunch of rice farmers in Vietnam. Literally couldn't make it up. Embarrassing.

>be british
>go to watch Spider-Man Homecoming
>trailer for murder on the orient express comes on
>we're all laughing from the fucking dramatic music and kenneth branagh as Poirot because literally everyone in the UK knows david suchet is Poirot
>dunkirk comes on
>most people giving each other awkward looks because we're fucking british and why are the americans giving a retreat such a treatment we don't even like glorifying ourselves nevermind some faggot americans glorifying a defeat

>Because in Vietnam there were wins AND losses and moments of heroism.
Lmao, you literally massacred a bunch of desperate farmers AND LOST, that was shameful, the US army was a giant bully attacking a defenseless target and got stomped

There was no kind of honor in vietnam war, shameful to attack someone weaker and even more shameful was to lost

Saying america lost to Vietnam is like saying the slave won because the master got tired of whipping him.

>omg they didn't include the French in this movie so you better avoid this propaganda

Nobody gives a fuck what you think you stupid frog.

>why are the americans giving a retreat such a treatment we don't even like glorifying ourselves nevermind some faggot americans glorifying a defeat

Mainly a British production.

>Some french soldiers tried to flee with the english, several cases of french soldiers being pushed out of the boats by their english """""""allies""""""" have been reported.
These were actually only against the African troops.

>There is no such thing as a tactical retreat

>Be British.
>Go to the cinema to watch Logan with 2 friends.
>Trailer for Dunkirk plays.
>Literally no one in the cinema makes a noise.
>My friend says, "Why are they making another film about D-Day?"
>Disbelief that Brits aren't even aware about Dunkirk.

>kenneth branagh as Poirot because literally everyone in the UK knows david suchet is Poirot

Although this is true, the Suchet Poirot adaptation of Murder on the Orient Express is a fucking abomination. I don't know what the fuck went wrong but I hated it.

Honestly everything after 2000 wasn't as comfy.

>Are you going to watch this shitty propaganda ?

Of course not. Also I don't know what you expected from a Hollywood movie.

>Be British
>Go to the cinema to watch Baby Driver
>Trailer for Dunkirk plays
>Silence as it plays
>When it ends one of the chavs sat behind me says "that looks good"

Cry more Frenchie
This was literally your only contribution to the war effort

>Leaving all your equipment and fighting fellow soldiers for a place on a boat like a savage is tactically retreating

Vietnam is prime for kino.

>be british
>suck muslim dicks

>"that looks good"
>chav

Come on, what did he REALLY say

When the French let you down (as should have been expected) what else can you do?

They weren't as awful in WW1, but in WW2 France was useless.

>"That looks alright like"

Imagine that in a north east accent.

>implying they were the best at it

Brits are just very good at knowing when to fight and when to run away

well?

nice cartoon frog with a gun, dumbo

Most of those Vietnam movies shit on the war to one degree or another and America for being involved in it, opting instead to focus on the heroics of the individuals involved.

>most of the French who were left behind had quit fighting the week before and hid in cellars
>75,000 fighting Frenchmen were saved

Really makes you think

I used to dress and act (slightly) like a chav and me and my mates were watching FOTR and other kino in cinemas when we were younger. Don't judge a book by it's cover. That's like me seeing you and thinking "look at the state of that fucking autist" oh wai-

That's actually not much better.

I wasn't judging him. Good on the lad for wanting to see it.

They did laugh at adverts though

rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/peter-travers-dunkirk-may-be-greatest-war-film-ever-w492668

lel only messing with you.

>laughing at adverts

Should have murdered them on site lad.

That's clearly bullshit.

Though I do think that British war films tend to be better than American ones.

>most people giving each other awkward looks because we're fucking british and why are the americans giving a retreat such a treatment we don't even like glorifying ourselves nevermind some faggot americans glorifying a defeat
We're actually passive aggressively shitting on you on for it. Also I'm pretty sure the director is British.

no, because i literally don't watch nolan's movies after the abomination that was tdkr.

Based phone poster.

>peter travers
>'Alien: Covenant' Review: Latest Man-vs-Xenomorph Epic is Smart, Scary as Hell
>'Personal Shopper' Review: Kristen Stewart's Existential Ghost Story Is Pure Cinema (that shit was 6/10 at best and peter gave it 3 1/2 stars)
>'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Marvel Space Opera's Sequel Is a Blast
>'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Review: New Reboot of Marvel Webslinger Really Is Amazing
>'Moana' Review: Disney's Animated Polynesian Musical Is a Feminist Delight

And you want me to take this hyperbolic bullshit seriously?

You can see the french troops at 1:07 right in the trailer you absolute fucking turboautist

I bet you don't complain that Ancient Greek literature is almost all about Ancient Greece though do you?
If the French want a Dunkirk about the French they can make their own fucking movie, just like the Russians can make their own movie about the Eastern Front if they want to, just like the Germans have made dozens of movies about the experiences of their people during the war.
But no, French filmmakers want 3 hours of B&W footage of cigarette smoke wafting in front of a stained glass depiction of Christ and Russian filmmakers are too busy swilling cheap spirits to make anything of worth, so you get nothing, faggot

>this is what americans actually believe
Because of French incompetence we had to evacuate else huge numbers of British soldiers would be captured and killed by the Germans. It wasn't cowardice, it was a strategic retreat. Still we continued fighting the Axis powers in North Africa, the Mediterranean, the Atlantic and South East Asia and also gained the upper hand long before you joined the war.

>be american
>sell arms to both sides and prolong the destruction
>only stop when your harbour is bombed by some nips
>tiny almost defensless country
>still have to retreat in the pacific despite this
>rely on german scientists to crush your opponent by massacaring civillians who did literally nothing wrong
>try this again in vietnam, an even smaller nation and lose
>56% white and subject to one of the worst islamic terror incidents in history
>laugh at other nations over war and muslims
wew

the germans were so badass in this movie

even at the end you only see diffused figures never their face

you just see and hear their roaring stukas, their planes in the dogfighting and bombing and their bullets and bombs

this was an excellent movie

I see a lot of people blaming France for losing so quick but at that time, literally everybody thought the German would go through the Low Countries. Even the whole German commands think they are going through the Low Countries until Hitler suddenly pick Manstein plan out of the blue

fuck the brits and fuck the krauts

Because they couldn't defend their own country

chill, the movie is just about mixing temporal strata.

It's even more embarrassing for Germany since they literally could have destroyed the trapped BEF but Hitler was convincing by Goering to halt his army and let Goering's shitty out of range Luftwaffe do the job and they failed.

>pretty sure Nolan is British.
>pretty sure

Why are you here?

get your logic out of here

the eternal anglo strikes again

>Americans laughing at what they think is embarrassing for other countries
>Elect Trump as POTUS

Americans can't into self awareness.

yeah I bet Germany is really embarrassed because Hitler did that one thing you described.

desert storm was a resounding success though

>overwhelmingly superior force

But this isn't true, France had far stronger ground forces than Germany even without the other allies, they just had shitty leadership and were arrogant

The French are the reason the war hadn't ended by 1941 and they are the reason communism and the soviets dominated politics for the next 50 years

There are Americans that unironically believe this.

How is it propaganda if the movie is about the Brits and not the French? If the movie was about the French, it would have combat and all kinds of shit, suicide mission etc.

MUH MAGINOT LINE

probably cause its true ph4m

You should look up what treason means you snail eating nigger, following orders to withdraw from a foreign country because that country has fought so poorly to defend themselves and broke the terms of your alliance by capitulating then joining with the enemy and fighting for them, doesn't fucking count as treason.

>>rely on german scientists to crush your opponent by massacaring civillians who did literally nothing wrong
?

How retarded are you fucking children nowadays that you don't know the point of Dunkirk? It was that Britain had been defeated and was about to lose the whole army with no means of evacuation when thousands of older men who had been through the horrors of the Great War just set off on their own little boats to cross the Channel and rescue them knowing full well they'd be getting fucking bombed while they did it, it's literally the only genuinely good thing that happened in the whole war and showed the gentleness and quiet courage of the British men volunteering to save their countrymen, you fucking faggot.

Fag is right though--not letting the Panzer groups push the BEF into the sea save Britain, effectively.

It's debatable whether or not they could have even held off an invasion, let alone protected the Empire with 70% of their forces crushed and the remaining ones damaged.

Letting Goering experiment with his air tactics cost Hitler a good shot at taking it all.

Whether or not he could have held Stalin/Roosevelt with little pressure on his East is also debatable--makes for interesting history, to examine how it went down for Britain since much of even Walter Lord's book (Miracle at Dunkirk), was devoted to the why of Germany's failure to strike and more to the how of British evacuation.

We are still missing the human British perspective in a popular medium.

>It's debatable whether or not they could have even held off an invasion
They could have, mainly because of the US bankrolling them, but more importantly because the Germans had no real amphib ability. Trying invasions across water is difficult when you have no real way of getting your equipment across (or even men really, as the German paratrooper units were still forming at the time).

>GIs-pushing-helicopter-off-carrier.gif

>Leaving all your equipment
We literally did that exact thing in Vietnam

>french army
>fighting

I'm not a military mind but why didn't the British use the hundred thousand troops in France and establish fortifications/their own airfields/a strong beach head on Normandy. I feel like they had the manpower to hold off the Germans

FRANCE IS SHITHOUSE

>It's debatable whether or not they could have even held off an invasion

I'm British and if Goering wasn't a retard Hitler could have invaded and forced a surrender. The pacific proved that you don't need the firepower of ships to destroy a navy in open water, you just need somewhere to resupply and rearm your fighters, which the French coast would provide. The Luftwaffe would have destroyed the home fleet and lost less planes in the process compared to the Battle of Britain.

And 1 world cup

This is the newest meme. I don't think people on Sup Forums are so ignorant about history... right? They do know what happened; right?

>may be the best war film
>four stars

french AND belguim soldiers.

Fuck this movie, fuck OP.

The french and the belguim army sacrificed a lot to get hold back the blitzkrieg.
Large parts of both army's where fighting with WW1 guns&tactics against the germans.
Pigs for the slaughter, because of retarded officers and generals.

And the bongs got home safe after dunkirk, only to lose their entire empire in a pyrrhic victory.

Nobody won in that war.