What was wrong with this look for Harley Quinn? Why is it never used nowadays?

>What was wrong with this look for Harley Quinn

The boobies weren't huge and the ass wasn't huge.

>Why is it never used nowadays

We want bigger tits and ass.

Some of us still like skinny girls in tight jumpsuits, don't worry.
in fact that was my first thought upon seeing that girl in deadman wonderland, and i always said if i did my own batman adaptation, she'd be the major inspiration for harley visually. Because if you make her a loli you have an excuse for joker not being as into her as she is into him, and it's cute

You retard you're missing the point.
She could still have xbox hueg t&a in the classic costume.
The real problem is, is that Harley's biggest fans are scene girls, and thus Harley has been changed to reflect that audience.

To answer in a story context, because once they shed her of the Joker then her wearing an outfit that fully correlated with him did not make sense. If the whole goal of the character in current days is to be separate from him, then wearing a costume that is clearly clown-like would defeat the point. It's an outfit firmly connected with 'Joker's henchwoman'.

But more honestly, because slapping tits and ass on the cover get people to buy shit.

Remember the '90s eXtreme era? Current Harley will be looked back laughed at like we do those old designs.

Nothing, the artists just realized they can replace the weird hat with twin tails and make her outfit a bit more practical, also have her be less covered.
So they did just that.

Even Dick grew out of his Robin costume and Bucky no longer wears his WWII tights and booty shorts. Costume changes usually reflect a change in a character's role and position within the story. Harley outgrew being Joker's sidekick and so she had to change outfits to reflect a new identity.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer classic Harley's look over what they're doing with her in SS, but the change does make sense.

hot topic is trending nowadays :^)

But those changes also came with name changes. And rather noticeable personality changes. The characters by in large were changed and the costumes changed to along with them. And in both cases the change is one from boy into man. Harley for the most part hasn't changed, her only note worthy or even noticeable character growth is she's not really with the Joker anymore.

I think the larger problem is that her costume change hasn't been for the better in most instances. Like you mentioned Harley's costume primarily represents the taste of her fans and there like rather than a new costume designed to reflect Harley Quinn. It's a lot of short, revealing, dyed, glam, bastardized version of her old costume instead of designing something for her that looks good. Nightwings costume isn't some adult version of his old red,green, and yellow look. Bucky isn't still rocking a red,white, and blue motif. Much of Harley's look is still the same except...trashier.

I think that's the main problem with changing her look from the "classic" costume. It's that it isn't really an improvement or at very least something new..

Honestly I don't think classic look would have worked well in live action.
I do miss the domino mask and colour scheme though.

It's perfect in that artstyle, but I haven't seen any other artist pull it off well unfortunately.

It's too cute. People want fanservice. That HQ was fanservicey but not fanservicey enough. Thankfully Justice League Action uses it.

I wish they'd at least put a hat on her. I get it, Harley is a woman-child. But she doesn't need to perpetually wear pigtails.

Isn't her suit baggy and fabricy? I thought it was. One of the games had it as a costume and it looked latexy. It was wrong.

The video games are to blame I think. They even made her old costume look really shitty with how the collar and balls on the ends of the hat were rendered so people wouldn't want to use it over the normal design outside of ass shots.

Nightwing's costume in itself has evolved. And none of Dick's looks have ever really looked like Kryptonian Nightwing. Comparison still works but he took the wrong angle with it.

Too hard for quirky gamer girls to cosplay.

Fabric but I wouldn't say baggy. Original Harley is the classic fully body design, for an artist too lazy to actually draw clothes (ie most of them) it's just a naked figure with colors painted on top.

Jesters literally existed.

It sucks when characters have bad costumes and you're just waiting for them to get changed. I'm waiting tor Superman to get his underpants back and Harley to at least put on a hat.

Short shorts are so practical for gymnastics.

She's basically a new character now. One whose real name is "Ros Titoot".

I think there have been some good Superman costumes without the trunks (the best one is still Earth-2, I have yet to see a way of breaking up the color without trunks that surpasses it), but every main universe change has just been repeated mediocrity and I feel like they're doing shit like making his boots blue just to distract from trunks complaints instead of just accepting them and fixing the belt or just giving the trunks back to him. And there's pretty much no apparent reason to have chosen the current design over the one Gleason came up with unless you just want Superman to be in an ugly costume for some reason (it's puzzling enough that I think maybe Superbro will be back in a design close to that one and they don't want them confused).

It's not edgy or sexy enough

It WAS considered sexy though. Harley was fanservice bait even with paint on her face

Honestly even to make it sexier they probably overthought it, should have just been something in this shape (obviously not actually dressy like this, more athletic styled fabric) with the original pattern. And something cutesy like a choker on the neck and open hair. Maybe add straps if you think she can't do gymnastics in the tube stop style.

Shit ain't hard, DC should hire me.

Arkham Knight Harley's classic costume is leather. She ends up looking like a fucking blow-up sex doll.

>it isn't really an improvement or at very least something new..
Whether or not it's an improvement is subjective. But you can't deny that it's new. She has a different outfit for almost any occasion, while still maintaining the red and black color scheme. Her costume isn't her defining characteristic, but her motif and personality keep her familiar.

The slutty Halloween costume version sells more.

>she has not big tits and big ass

If to you, that is skinny then damn I don't don't know where you live m8

It's not sexually objectifying enough
/thread

>Jesters literally existed.
And? So do dog turds.

No visible hair.

Ask muslims, hair make everything sexy.

Why wouldn't the costume woek then?

Because it doesn't look good. Hence my dog turd analogy.

Hello there, was waiting for you.

I worded that poorly
It's not sexy enough ANYMORE
And it lacks that edgy feel that you just GOTTA have today for some reason

I vastly prefer this design to any of the new crap they've been churning out for her

>Another 'not muh' thread

Get over it, man children. You keep saying they've ruined the character, but you keep making it obvious you're only butthurt about the costume change. Regardless of what they did to her origin story, you autists keep nagging about the fact she hasn't had the same look for 24 years.

Autism.

>Harley to at least put on a hat
be careful what you wish for

It's stupid.

What a thoughtful and smart response. I see how I was wrong now.

I will become the cum I was meant to be before I could be.

It's too gay looking.

>why is it never used nowadays
They wanted to sell those Lil Monster shirts

That's her sidekick look and works well with Ivy and joker on her side.