Dunkirk

Say you're sorry Sup Forums

Sorry, Chris.

I never doubted Nolan for a second, his films have always been pleb filters

Go back to basecamp where people think 90+% films on RT in the last 4-5 years aren't trash

That's a big score

>implying I ever doubted based Nolan

Sorry for what?

Where are the women? Where are the people of color?

>implying a movie with Tom Hardy in a mask crashing planes doesn't deserve +95%

that's true. Everyone who likes them is a plebeian.

I've already seen it, literally the best war movie of this century. Probably the best major blockbuster since The Matrix

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

The OP literally proves that plebs eat his shit. They eat his stinky shit and so do you. Critics? Lmao

Holy pleb, I actually cringed.

lol ebin contrarianism guys xd

>b-b-b-but muh capeshit game of reddit star wars reboots rehash it's not fair!!!!

When you read what you typed?

Absolutely no-one doubted Dunkirk would be critically acclaimed.

Show me a screencap of user that thought otherwise.

BIG GUYS WON

The label 'Reddit' is thrown around here pretty casually but never has the hat fit as snugly as it does on Christopher Nolan's bloated head. The man is a living, breathing representation of everything wrong with the film* industry.

Everything the man touches seems intent on making stupid people feel smart. Every shot, cut and line of dialogue feels like a not-so-subtle nudge to make the intellectually stunted feel like they're in on some intricate evolution in the art of plot.

The sad truth is that Nolan is indeed a genius. Not a filmmaking genius, but a genius at pulling the wool over the eyes of the stupid, ignorant and uncultured swine that currently shovel money into the pigsties of Hollywood.

Christ have mercy on cinema's legacy if this man is to be inducted within its great halls.

*I shudder to use the word 'film' in the same paragraph as the name 'Nolan' but it is unavoidable in this case.

well said. let me add something myself:

Here we have a prime example of the kind of mental spastic r/flicks goon that worships the trash Nolan, Villeneuve and Fincher make.

I cannot be more clear about this: you are an enemy of the medium. You are actively destroying Cinema. True Cinema isn't some good-times & sunshine hugbox, it is a punch in the gut, a gob of spit aimed at your face, a black man fucking your wife.

True Cinema is pain. It tears apart your soul and leaves you to pick up the pieces and patch it back together with bleeding fingers.

This unironically. The same with Villenueve.

>makes almost exclusively original films and probably the only major director who has made original big budget science fiction in the last decade
>the one capeshit franchise he took on he produced literally the greatest capeshit film ever

Nolan is the very antithesis of reddit, which is why the nu-male fags on this board who post in their game of thrones and doctor who generals and who spam star wars and capeshit endlessly get so butthurt about him. He is this generation's Kubrick, our answer to the scourge of reddit film making. THAT is why you Sup Forumscksuckers hate him

Now go crawl back to your containment thread you fucking faggot

>spergs out about Nolan
>doesn't sperg out in the 50 capeshit threads or young adult generals clogging up the catalog

interesting

"muh nolan" is what redditors love best. They can't handle real emotions or sincerity so they flock to ironic "fun" crap like Army of Darkness, Pacific Rim and Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. Anything more than juvenile "fun" is too "2deep4u hipster shit". It's "fun" shit and superficially meaningful "dark" movies that get the most fedora attention.

They'll watch his flicks for what they think is their intellectual main course and then wash it out with something like John Wick for desert. Before settling into a night of video games, but then again you're a piece of neobong trash from Sup Forums so you don't actually understand Sup Forumss film half which is why you praise noland

Is this bait?

nolan ourguy

Why should I? I always said he was the king of "popcorn auteurs". Villeneuve is getting there too

Completely agreed. I have about as much respect for Nolan as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

He is Reddit, He is capeshit, He is cheeto dust, He is video games. He's nothing more than meme's enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the anti intellectual redditory popdirector that is Christoper Nolan. I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.

nice bait capetard

>nolanite calls someone else a capetard

Fake.

I love this reddit pasta

see the capeshitting Sup Forumscksuckers, the ones who have overrun this board in the last few years are the sort of spastics who cry about films having too many white men and not enough coonwashing. As well as the capeshit threads on this board you will find them spamming star wars, e-celebs and in doctor who and game of thrones generals

they are the nu-male demographic who have infested Sup Forums. They hate Nolan because he doesn't pander to noodle-armed libtards who cry about diversity. So when you attack Nolan, you make me think you are part of this demographic. Are you one of them? Are you a nigger-loving left wing mongoloid?

How did Nolan get away with making a boy band singer a lead in a summer blockbuster? Aside from JT, has that ever been done before?

This

Harry Styles looks to be a supporting character at the most.

he isn't a lead character

See Nolan has been rightfully shit on since the days of TDK and Inception by the authentic users of this board. It's you videogame playing tourists praising him

Filthy fucking pleb scum pretending hes been here for years

They show his face the most on trailers so I just assumed he was

Chris always seems miserable, I'm shocked he's happy for once

this desu

He's obviously a bigger name than the few other British soldiers who are going to have more screen time.

Is this his best work yet?

absolute kino

the best since the silent era?

3/5 is a positive score. If 100% of the reviews are 3/5 the it gets a 100% certified fresh score. I swear people dont understand RT

the film literally has an average rating of 9.1 though

Nice job ignoring the 9.1 average score on RT and this

Wasnt really ranting about this movie just the plebs that use RT as a barometre

when you don't like something but feel the need to post about it

i'm sorry

I heard there were too many white people in this movie

I just came back from a press screening (shit was cash, got free popcorn and soda too, and I actually got to see a 2D movie on a fucking imax screen)

This movie is pretty fucking brutal and makes saving private ryan like my little pony while not even showing blood and gore

The music is non-stop pounding and pounding ever since the first bullet breaks the silence

The only thing that is kind of confusing in the first watch is the different timelines (one hour, one day, one week) but you soon figure out and its not that big a deal

The fucking stukas were badass, all the plane stuff was badass

to add a bit of nitpicking, there was one moment where soldiers started to talk in "nolanesque" deep filosophy and shit, those 2-3 lines where they all of a sudden are talking about sacrificing a person as the cost of survival and talking in general about survival in philosophical terms was pretty out of left field, they were literally taking fire from germans and they start to talk philosophy while trying to figure out their situation?

>BRAVO NOLA-
Oh.. umm s-sorry Chris.. I was just kidding you know.. I-I was.... what?... Yes. Yes sir I understand...it'll never happen again I assure y-..... yes sir I know, I'm a fucking pleb... I will never say it again...

you know i fucking love war movies and this movie just might be the very best war movie I've ever seen, even if its focus is not on the action, it also has action

the portrayal of the germans was superb

>Rolling Stone

yeah ok

the soldiers burning alive in the water covered in petrol were pretty colorful

All the Nolan arguments are hilarious.

Here is the patrician opinion on him: he's a fine studio director. No he's not an artistic genius, nor is he even close to being on a level with someone like Spielberg who he always gets compared to. That being said, he is a totally competently skilled director that has made a couple of good films (The Prestige is easily his best) and a few pretty disposable ones. He makes better films than the vast majority of those that appear at the mainstream multiplex (though this says very little as 98% of Hollywood films these days are irredeemable garbage) so it's likely worth seeing one of his movies because it'll probably be pretty solid. He is no master, nor is he an enemy to film in the actual way that gigantic fucking hacks like Inarritu are.

I'm actually impressed. Sorry Nolan. I didn't think it would be that good.

Memento, as basically every film ever directed by Christopher Nolan, is basically an outrageous and mean spirited attempt at murdering cinema as an art form. The classic example of a film that panders to this memetic MTV generation teens who have never touched real cinema getting triggered and mistakenly considering it a film instead of a flick.

In reality is merely a futile exercise in style filled with 101 screenwriting techniques and thriller/film noir cliches making it no more authentic than your average Michael Bay flick.

But still, liking Transformers 4 is not as bad as liking Memento. Because honestly, if you like Michael Bay you are a bad person, but liking pretend inauthentic cinema makes you a criminal supporting cinema murderers and means that you should be wiped off this planet as sooner as possible, to avoid further damages to the human species as a whole

>Dunkirk
>D-Day

*sigh*

I know this is just pasted memeing but Memento is a fairly bad film. It's entirely a gimmick and vacuous as much of Nolan's stuff is. The Prestige and Interstellar (despite all of its many, many failings) are his two most human films that actually feel as though they are attempting substance.

i was never a big fan of nolan but this movie is really really really fucking good and i cant wait to see it again

just got imax tickets. when does bane showup?

WHERE'S MY MINDFUCK, DADDY????

the pilot tom hardy plays in this can shit down bane's neck any day of the week, its the most badass character he has ever played, fuck mad max, fuck that british cunt that oiled himself up in the nude to fight prison guards

Based.

>cinema is a black man fucking your wife

wtf i love cinema now

If you unironically think this and isn't just baiting, you've just outed yourself as a newfag tourist.

Villeneuve is already there

>an enemy to film in the actual way that gigantic fucking hacks like Inarritu are
FInally someone says it. Fuck Inarritu.

>FInally someone says it
People have been saying it here since Biutiful

I'm new