I feel really bad for Henry Cavill...

I feel really bad for Henry Cavill. If you watch any interviews with him or his other films it's easy to see he's more than capable of playing the perfect Superman, but he's beholden to the direction he's given, which is apparently to look constipated and threaten to kill everyone he meets. It must really bum him out to know so many people dislike his Superman when it's not his fault and he can't say anything about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

THIS is what kills me! He could be a PERFECT Superman! The Man From UNCLE really sold me on him, but Snyder and WB just don't know, or don't care to know, what to DO with him! But he has what it takes! He could be ICONIC! He could be a LEGEND! He could be a contenda! If not for the damn execs and piss poor directing! Why do we have such perfect actors for Batman and Superman only to have them WASTED!!!! WHY?!?!?!

Its fucking ironic that Calvin as HIMSELF is a better Superman than he is on the movies.

Yeah, exactly. In interviews he oozes charm and seems very upbeat and optimistic. He's 100% Snyder directing him to be a mopey twat.

It's also a crappy script and crappy conceptualization and that kind of shit also needs to be blamed on producers, studio exec's, etc.

For example, the entire Bruce Omega Symbol dream sequence - the only dialogue Henry says in that entire scene, coming immediately after he LAZER EYES the other people hanging next to Bruce, is 'she was my world' and you took her from me.

I'm assuming (since I've never read Injustice and based on all the comments) that even though that's not what the game or comics are like, this is still Clark blaming Bruce for THAT in this dream (and why the fuck is Bruce dreaming about a fucking video game) and the great artistry, sophistication and symmetry in the script is supposed to point you to the scene at the end where Clark actually does tell Lois, "you are my world."

Anyone having to reel off these lines would just come across badly. It's painful to watch, it must be sad to have to speak them.

What's he done besides Man from Uncle and whatever that shit with gods was called?

The only thing he's been in that I like is "UNCLE".

>I feel really bad for Henry Cavill
Why? He has the easiest job in the world and get paid millions to do it.

>Perfect Superman
What would it do? Smile, tell people to behave and fly around preventing collateral damage without addressing systematic corruption and injustice?

He's still a pretty perfect cast.

The DCEU isn't filled with good actors, there are miscast likely Lutherberg and /u/BarryAllen

I meant "is filled"

>without addressing systematic corruption and injustice?

I don't understand this comment. Clark regularly writes articles that expose corruption. Why would you think people would want that cut out?

>writes articles
How radical of him.

People actually get arrested because of them and it causes positive changes. Of course on a larger scale Earth does become essentially a utopia due to his influence in the long term as seen in LoSH stuff.

But you sound like Luthor right now and prefer to pretend like he doesn't make a difference.

Agreed. Cavill would actually be an excellent Superman if he were actually directed well.

The jury is also still out with Gal Gadot. Even though we got to see her as WW already, we barely got to see her and we know that Snyder's kind of a shitty director at getting the best out of his actors. If the WW movie comes out and she's still awful, then that's just that then.

The jury's still out on Will Smith as Deadshot and Jason Momoa's Aquaman too.

I also think that Amy Adams is kind of a terrible Lois as well.

Miscasts, miscasts everywhere.

Gal Gadot looks the part (not every woman is muscular with huge breasts) she's wasn't finest for he little screen time in BvS

Momoa on Aquaman can become an interesting take to make the characters more imposing any "badass"

I don't see much wrong with Deadshot, people said he was good in SS

And Lois Lane doesn't matter, just take a pretty woman, make her a journalist and thats fine

... That's not from Injustice. Injustice didn't invent rogue Superman.

Also, it's a symbolic dream sequence, it's not meant to have serious dialogue. This is the most bizarre choice of scene to criticize the acting in.

With a few exceptions, I think the DCEU as a whole has a pretty good cast that have been shafted by a hack director and a studio that genuinely has no idea what they're doing.

The problem is that if the movies continue to fail critically, I can't see many of the big stars wanting to stay on board much longer. Can't imagine being around Jared 'I didn't wash my hands after I peed, aren't I cuhcuhcuhcuhcraAzy' Leto helps much either.

It actually kind of bums me out that they got Momoa. Not because of Momoa himself, but because Aquaman was the only blond DC hero.

>Gal Gadot looks the part (not every woman is muscular with huge breasts)
Not every woman, sure. But Wonder Woman was muscular with huge breasts. Why get a hungry skeleton to play her?

>Gal Gadot looks the part (not every woman is muscular with huge breasts)

You're saying she looks the part except for the act she doesn't look the part. Putting on muscle isn't exactly tough for any actor who is good at their job.

You can criticize the casting itself, but I think it's unfair to suggest that she is the one who chose not to put on muscle. Marketing probably told her not to buff up because they wanted a string bean WW. That is on them not her.

She tried to buff up to prove people wrong. You see it in her tweets.

And her arms are still smaller than my younger sister's.

And she has no tits.

It's a horrible casting choice and we all know why she got in.

>Gal Gadot looks the part (not every woman is muscular with huge breasts) she's wasn't finest for he little screen time in BvS
Gal Gadot does not even look the part aside from being very tall. Frankly there are other actresses in Hollywood who DO look the part better, such as Lynn Collins.

>Momoa on Aquaman can become an interesting take to make the characters more imposing any "badass"
So trying way too hard.

>I don't see much wrong with Deadshot, people said he was good in SS
It really, really looks like he's basically just playing an edgier Will Smith, but still essentially just Will Smith all the same.

>And Lois Lane doesn't matter, just take a pretty woman, make her a journalist and thats fine
That's such fucking bullshit. Lois Lane should be tough, have some moxie, have a bit of snark to her, while still being a compassionate human being with a sensitive side. Amy Adams is pretty much nothing like that.

Like holy shit dude, I don't think you even remotely know anything about Lois Lane.

Might have just been training to tighten things up rather than beef up. Unless there's some actual rumor that she did refuse their advice? Just doesn't seem fair when a lot of appearance stuff is dictated by people other than the actors.

People are already starting to prefer Tyler's Superman, and Supergirl season 2 hasn't even aired yet.

>tighten things up

You can't tighten her up anymore. The tweet was specifically her flexing to show her "results", and it's fucking nothing. Some people just aren't built to be Hercules or Athena, and Gadot is most definitely one of them.

And, I cannot state this enough, she has no boobs. At all. For fucking Wonder Woman.

I'm bummed about there no longer being a blond DC hero, but at least I can trust Momoa to try hid best.

You are right, I don't care about Lois Lane.
She's a minor character in the movie.

>she's supposed to be tough and snarky

I'm don't know, she tried to help Supes with the spear, she wasn't kind of stubborn. That was it. I thought she was compassionate in the movie.

You just want an actress to satisfy your fetish about WW.
You just want a bimbo.

I don't think he is. I've seen UNCLE, and yes he smiles more and quips more, but ultimately, he doesn't really have a lot of range or personality on screen. Snyder's version of Superman is painfully mopey, but I guarantee you that a lot of his dull reaction shots and constipated faces come from Cavill not being very expressive. I'm sorry.
He could be a serviceable Supes with the right script, but he'll probably always be kind of wooden.

Every comic character has humongous tits and is perfectly fit. You can't get a bimbo for every female role.
It's different for men, because they just have to bulk up and because almost every actor is muscular and tall.

>I'm don't know, she tried to help Supes with the spear
And I think just about everyone would. That means nothing.

>she wasn't kind of stubborn.
But Lois Lane tends to be stubborn most of the time.

>I thought she was compassionate in the movie.
And that's about the only thing Amy Adams has going for her as Lois, but then Lois is more than just compassionate.

I want an actress to actually look like Wonder Woman, and out of all superheroes Wondie is best known to be muscular, tall and busty as hell.

That's WonderWoman. Why fuck that up?

It's possible for skinny people to be sort of flabby though. Flexing pictures could be to show change in the definition of her arms instead of truly suggesting she was attempting to get buff. I'm just not convinced based on that alone, but I guess there's no point in arguing about it anymore.

>And, I cannot state this enough, she has no boobs. At all. For fucking Wonder Woman.

I don't disagree

>Gal Gadot
Honestly, I appreciate having new faces in films such as Gadot simply to enter into the popular consciousness. That aside, she looks wonderful and performs well. If the DCU wants to make many films, being able to leverage their platform as a means to propel actor's careers rather than simply continue a successful one has obvious advantages in terms of keeping at least some of the cash hemorrhaging to a minimum.

>Momoa/Aquaman
Yeah. The problem with Aquaman has always been the question "Do you respect the man or do you respect the crazy marine life he brings out?" The answer to that is it depends on the film's writer (and that's always a hit or miss).

>Smith/Deadshot
Either you pigeon hole the actor or you appreciate the character portrayed. Movie's not even out yet, so "that's just like your opinion, man"

>Lois Lane
I miss the Lois and Clark TV series. Also old school journalistic moxie is perhaps the most appropriate use of the adjective.

>That aside, she looks wonderful and performs well
Are you retarded?

Speaking of, for all the shit that DCTV gets for being low budget, cheesy etc, it's sure as hell better received amongst the masses than the movies seem to be.

I meant she was stubborn, fuck my phone keyboard.

She couldn't be much more because she didn't have much screen time. She was mostly used as a damsel in distress.

Firstly to appeal to most of the population. Cheesecake surprisingly isn't that popular.

And because there are not many beefcake women in the actor industry I think.
I've seen much bigger miscasts. I think she looks good in the trailers.

>The problem with Aquaman has always been the question "Do you respect the man or do you respect the crazy marine life he brings out?"

You may be thinking too hard on this one. The problem with aquaman is that the common man thinks he is the lamest hero ever.

It just proves how biased and superficial people are.

Did I stutter, sir?

Hell, in the Ultimate Cut where they actually let him be his character, it mostly works.

>The problem with aquaman is that the common man thinks he is the lamest hero ever.

To be fair that's only because nobody even knows who Cyborg is

TV isn't judged so critically, though. When The Flash is retarded or the effects look terrible, people can just laugh it off and say "well that's the CW for ya".

No, but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

She's probably the worst choice for Wonder Woman ever.

Is that supposed to prove something. That picture doesn't show her looking good or performing well.

>Either you pigeon hole the actor or you appreciate the character portrayed.
What does this even mean?
>Movie's not even out yet, so "that's just like your opinion, man"
To be fair, every bit of footage we've seen of the movie so far has shown him essentially just playing the same role he's always played, that of himself. And people who've actually seen the movie have said that he basically just acts like Will Smith anyway.

Calm down, Stan Lee

>and threaten to kill everyone he meets
Actually he never threatened to do that to anyone.
He implied threats to Lex & Batman but both of those threats were made because Lois just got thrown off a building & Bruce is wasting time that Martha could be getting tortured or worse.

>I also think that Amy Adams is kind of a terrible Lois as well.
This is just fucking preposterous to me.
She is the most subtle, the least hysterical, ditzy or bitchy Lois we have ever gotten in live action.

Eh, was an attempt at humor from myself; a reaction image of disgust and strength that is easily more than that of a neet critic.

I'm aware that plenty of choices could have filled the role, but I honestly don't see a problem with the casting when I look at the problems of the DCU.

SPoiLers not spOIlErS: It's the writing

>threaten to kill everyone he meets

Huh.

He kills one guy, and threatens violence against two others.

Considering those other two are Lex Luthor (about two minutes after Lex tossed Lois off a building) and Batman (who he had evidence was a brutal vigilante who was now giving people death marks) I think those were relatively justified.

>She is the most subtle, the least hysterical, ditzy or bitchy Lois we have ever gotten in live action.
And yet nothing about her says, "tough newsgirl reporter."

Even when she tries to be tough in BvS, it comes off as forced.

Honestly, Erica Durance was probably the best live-action Lois Lane we've gotten so far.

Lois isn't really that subtle of a character though, that's the problem

Also this too.

I can't see how her character would benefit from subtly, when she's generally pretty fierce.

Why does DC hate the S-curl? First DCEU and now Supergirl. I'm surprised Justice League Action keeps the curl. Cavil naturally has the hair but they make him comb his hair. Why? Is Superman being cute a bad thing now?

Because she tends to be violently grating and annoying as fuck if she isn't subtle.
Writing her as a real person instead of a characture of a tough snarky bitch is a fucking good thing.

She doesn't need to be blatantly tough just for the sake of tough.
She is competent which is a first for live action Lois's.
Her toughness comes from her loyalty and determination not from treating people around her like shit for no reason.

>Because she tends to be violently grating and annoying as fuck if she isn't subtle.
That's bullshit. She wasn't subtle in the DCAU and was fine. She wasn't subtle in All-Star Superman and was fine. She wasn't subtle in Smallville and she was fine there too.

It all depends on the writing and the acting.

Why does it have to be an extreme? She can have an aggressive personality without being overbearing. It's not like it hasn't been done before. I think Hatcher's Lois it the mark pretty well, just overall a little too emotional but it was a romcom rather than an action or drama series so it fit what they were doing. A less comedic version of that would work in a movie.

But I don't think it's really Adams' fault or a miscasting since she is legitimately talented. It's just bad writing.

Have you forgotten Barry

Tas had the perfect balance.
She was a bitch more offen the not in Smallville.

But no part of Lois's character has been written badly.
This is the best plotting/subplots the character has ever had on film.

I blame Zack Snyder. They really where going to make MOS 2 until he mentioned Batman.

>it's easy to see he's more than capable of playing the perfect Superman

Cavill had the chance in MOS, but his performance was pathetic.
Reeve in the 70's studied the character, one voice and posture for Clark and other voice and posture for Superman.
Cavill make the same voice and posture to both.
Awful actor.
Bring quickly the Reboot with new actors Warner.
This actual DCUE is dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c

OY VEY

That's because the script was shit.

You should blame Byrne not Cavill. Modern Superman vs Clark is not a big difference under most writers.

He's pretty bland.

Oh fuck your right.
You would think working with him all day would make synder realise he was making a mistake

>he never threatened to do that to anyone except the times he did

what

I can accept a small breasted wonder women thats fine.

But wonder women fucking needs muscles.

He isn't blond.

Well shes trying at least so that makes me happy.

I consider having made an attempt to get the apperance right more important then the end result its the acting where i am concerned with the end product

Implied vague threats not actual threats. And only 2 people who warranted such not to everyone he met you hyperbolic mother fuckers.

>But no part of Lois's character has been written badly.
Shame the romance itself was so shit

But Reeve got the chance to actually play Clark Kent.
Cavill didn't get to become the Clark Kent people know and love until the last second of Man of Steel. Before that he was a wandering nomad with a vastly different life than any other Clark before him.

You could make a case for him not doing much as Kent in BvS. But he was only Kent for about 3 scenes in the whole movie. He hasn't had to play the bumbling, oafish Kent that has to keep his identity a secret from everyone including Lois. That's sadly not how this Kent was written.

You can try to explain it away all you want, but threatening to break and kill people when you're powerful enough to punch a planet in half just comes across as petty. Superman shouldn't come across like some grade school jerkoff that got a growth spurt before everyone else. "Yeah, I COULD beat you up, but I WON'T because I'm SO COOL... but I totally COULD."

I dunno I guess this version is supposed to appeal to edgelord teens and in that regard I'm sure it's great, but to me that's not Superman.

Ultimate Edition has a lot of Clark Kent which I love. He's out there looking for answers and standing up for the people.
I don't think the bumbling, clumsy, oafish Clark Kent is necessary. He just has to be a little meek and nerdish.

>I do not understand how scripts and direction work

It makes sense with Lex, at least, because Lex just tried to kill the love of his life just to get his attention.

He does lose his temper with Bruce too quickly, though.

>with a vastly different life than any other Clark before him.

It was birthright0s clark

In MoS Cavill only got one scene as the Clark Kent who works at the Daily Planet. For most of the film he was Kansas Clark.

Hit the nail on the head. There's nothing that's shown he can't be a great Superman, but it seems like Snyder keeps forcing him into overdramatic and dark scenes that kill any chance of Cavill being able to be Superman. He needs a "General, would you care to step outside" moment to make him feel like a definitive Superman.

I really hate how deeply Snyder has his teeth sunk into the DC movie universe. They really need to distance themselves from his "style" as much as possible in the future if they want to salvage this franchise.

I laughed.
t. True Believer.

It's funny, because he actually NAILED Clark Kent in BvS so hard it's not even funny.

I'm entirely confident that if someone else were directing a DCEU movie with Superman, he would be allowed to actually show some emotion.

But that's what he does in Johns's league, that's what he does in the DCU. That's what he does if for tomorrow.

He even has said "if you kill the people in this planet i will destroy earth" and stuff like that. Stop pretending superman is 2 dimentional, not only he is allowed to say stuff like that, he should, if by lying and acting like that he can prevents violence.

Superman acting like a bully doesnt mean he is a bulyl it means he thinks that pretending to be one can get to batman better than just asking nicely

>Lynn Collins

>General, would you care to step outside"

That was terrible, and turns superman into Frank's miller Superman

>ut it seems like Snyder keeps forcing him into overdramatic and dark scenes

It's called "problems", is something even superman have. We already had movie swhere his biggest problems was that lois didnt care about him

>posting a """bad""" picture of Lynn Collins that isn't even that bad
I can look at pic related and feel that she could totally be WW.

>that isn't even that bad
>posts a thumbnaul of shooped-to-fuck pic from a decade ago
And also no, in general. Just no, she's unattractive, and before you post 2/10, I'm not even difficult, she's Olivia Munn tier of butterface that doesn't even have that nice a body.

Okay, bro.

>Olivia Munn

But she's hot too. I may not like her as an actress or as a person but she's pretty attractive.

I honestly don't see WW with this kind of face. She looks kind of like a mid-tier hooker.

I understand Gadot isn't meaty enough for most people (and honestly I'd also prefer her to be less of a typical model in more than one aspect) but her facial aesthetics are pretty myth-tier.

To me WW being beautiful and somewhat graceful is more important than her being buff or meaty. Gadot has a kindness in her eyes a charm that I don't see in Collins. But then I guess it's somewhat a matter of taste.

Also that hair though.

Yeah at least gadot looks mediterranean.

I disagree. There are lots of actresses that could better fit the character than Gadot. She only got in via nepotism and being jewish.

A particularly good Wonder Woman candidate, in my opinion, was Daddario.

I don't know, Daddario always looked a bit too youthful for the role.

>I honestly don't see WW with this kind of face. She looks kind of like a mid-tier hooker.
What the fuck, man? lol

Collins is quite attractive. I'm not sure where you're getting all this shit from.

Regardless, I still feel like she would've made for a better WW. Hopefully she can be Big Barda or something.

Well one thing you have to consider when it comes to casting is
>Who auditioned
>Who WANTED to be Wonder Woman.
>Who was available to be Wonder Woman.
I assume Gadot had to audition at least, as would any other girls.

But she has the build and the look. Plus dem eyes.

>what are casting directors and agents