Marvel Comics Presents: Featuring the Heroes for Hire (Part 3)

Welcome back Anons! Last time, we saw how Danny got his grove back (by beating up Sabertooth), and we saw what happened to Luke Cage's old girlfriend Harmony Young (murdered by a demon). Tonight, let's finish up Marvel Comics Presents, and see what awaits our favorite pair!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ILVfzx5Pe-A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God damn it, Cavalieri is writing Iron Fist again.

Well, at least someone told him by now that Rand was bought by Oracle.

Spoilers: this guy never appears again.

I actually had to look it up, there's THREE guys to use the name "The Highwayman", the most famous one being the arch enemy of that one trucker hero.

You're called Iron Fist because you punch things hard, Danny. Don't try to be clever about it.

You can tell I don't like this writer, because I got this page and mixed up.

Wait, did these assholes sit on the sideline just to see a supervillain get beaten with a trashcan?

Whatever Namor pays these twits, it's too much.

Ahahahahaha, it's that fucking cover.
>Y'mind, bub? Taking care of some business here

Has anyone heard of John Figaroa? Google isn't bringing up anything.

Also that one letter kind of makes me want an Elektra and Typhoid Mary issue. Did they ever actually team up/fight?

Apparently someone decided that what we needed in our comics was a naked hairy Canadian.

Maybe I'm just used to Danny being tiny compared to Luke, but it feels wrong seeing Danny this big.

Fucking hell, going by those bullet trails that's a LOT of guys.

... I call horseshit on this, Danny should take this guy down quickly.

Seriously, who the fuck is this guy, and why is he going the distance with Danny?

>Cogmium steel

That sounds even more bullshitty than most comic book metals.

Danny just stomped on his face with both feet, how is he not only still up, but running faster than him?!

So the only explaination was "He's an assassin?" Horseshit.

No one who's the archenemy of US-1 is in any way famous.

This guy's Gentleman Ghost ripoff shtick coulda been cool if his design wasn't an indistinct black blob with coat details on it.

Who did you think I meant by "that one trucker hero"? I just couldn't think of his name off the top of my head.

Seriously, have you pulled a BAD Ghost Rider cover yet from this series?

They're all great!

Why are you spreading your legs like that? We've seen you in a swimsuit, we know you don't have balls!

>Meister Rave

Oh, this should be good...

Those guys in the background look familiar.
I think I have one of the issues of that story.

Yeah, they're in the Ghost Rider part of the issue that I skipped.

It's all those flashbacks to when Mac and Heather found his naked ass in the woods.

As fun as an issue where the hero is tripping balls could be, I somehow doubt this Z-List artist has the skills to make it entertaining. Maybe if they got someone good, like Ditko, or someone inspired by him, like Starlin...

Fuck that shit, give me Brendan McCarthy!

oh no, where could the evil drug dealer rave possibly be.
could be be in the building with "House Of Rave" on it.

D+ was generous for that Iron Fist story.

Listen, if you get a skeletal demon throne, you sit on that motherfucker like a PIMP, there is no other option.

I just picked the first Ditko-esque artist I could think of, and if I were any more of a Starlin shill, I'd have his name tattoo'd on my ass.

> The House of Rave

youtube.com/watch?v=ILVfzx5Pe-A

I got halfway through making a joke that this guy was Jigsaw before Jigsaw, but then I remembered that Arcade has been around since the 70's.

>"Hey, if you think this costume is bad, you should've seen what I was wearing last week. Fucking bandages EVERYWHERE."

Rave is just a melted Warhol wax statue isn't he?

So in the 70's panel, Danny's actually using the Iron Fist. I couldn't tell since it's only got that pathetic glow effect instead of the whole, you know, FLAMING FIST.

None of these stories are any good, but the "Book of Changes" story ends up playing into something later.

>Jigsaw before Jigsaw,

Also, I'm pretty sure Jigsaw's a product of 80s Punisher.

I miss Misty's amazing 70's 'fro, Anons.

Holy shit, Namor's gonna fight Anasui?
I won't apologize for making that reference.

So yeah, Colleen's a freaking badass, and I'm still sad she hasn't appeared in anything lately.

How triggered would Sup Forums be if this page were released today?

I'm not a fan of the art itself, but I do like the blue and red coloring.

Okay, I love the face this guy's making in the last panel. That is the face of a man who just realized he brought a knife to a swordfight against a freaking Samurai.

>"I didn't wanna hurt you, but y'know? You make me!"

You got your lifetime movie in my comic book!

The art isn't that bad compared to some of this MCP/90s stuff.

How the hell has this same feminist narrative been around for generations at this point without shifting any of the actual rhetoric about "how media supports abuse of women"

It's the use of color that I like the most about this issue.

And unless someone wants to read the other stories covered, we're done with Marvel Comics Presents!

But, we've got one more thing we're going to do tonight before we finish...

>Marvel's Mightiest Martial Arts Hero Is BACK!

I like Danny as much as anyone, but I think Shang-Chi should call horseshit on that claim.

I said last night that the plot line about those anomalies would come up again. Time to see the only reason I bothered to post those stories, besides completion's sake!

Nah, Might is specifically STR tied, and the Iron Fist pushes Danny into a higher weight class than Shang Chi who is better pure martial artist.

God damn, Danny looks old here.

So, funny story. When I was preparing for this storytime months ago, I actually read this before I read MCP. So I was freaking BAFFLED by this ugly little goblin.

How old did he turn in Mortal Iron Fist again, 30?

Sliding timeline and aging gets confusing.

34, it specifically said he was 34. That was a plot point and everything.

Danny, for once in your life be smart. The ghost obviously has goals of his own don't do it.

MCP did little to add context to him.

Danny is going to murderize him once he's revealed as a villain leaching Shou-Lou's Chi, isn't he?

This art is dirty af

I'd forgotten the exact date.

>It's been 16 years since Danny's first appearance
>Franklin Richards is still not a teenager.

Remember him, Anons? Despite being as big of a deal as he seems to be now, he was dead for almost 20 years!

Oh, you have no idea.

>attempted murder by bear-hug

Seriously, is that this guy's signature move?

His half a dragon brand is gone, tho.

AND IT TURNS OUT DANNY APPEARED IN ANOTHER STORY BEFORE THIS!

Welp, if we have room after, I'll post it. If not, I'll add it tomorrow.

No, it's back now. Just shitty inconsistent art.

Because of COURSE Danny is going to be fighting wolves again.

So yeah, that little bastard was on Davos's side the entire time.

Prick.

Another reminder that Fraction isn't the first one to have there be previous Iron Fist's. He didn't even invent the idea of a woman Iron Fist, since there's a feminine face in the second row.

Damn it Danny, how long have you been out here? That's an impressive stubble you've got.

Colleen Wing: Wolf Kicker

Also, apparently everyone is just ignoring that Misty and Danny broke up in that one story. It's for the best, since that story was shit anyway.

Yeah, Danny gets real mopey when he loses the Iron Fist.

Don't lie Danny, you want the Fist. You want the fist BAD.

Remember how you could only get from Earth to K'un Lun once every 10 years?

It's weird to see Danny care so much about his company, when most of the time he barely thinks about it.

So he couldn't go back to Earth even if he wanted to?
And you KNEW that all along? Wow, you dick.

Okay, I'll have JUST enough room to get both issues under the limit.

>"I believe in you."
>Danny immediately gets up just to kiss her

OTP
T
P

And as we find out in The Living Weapon, this isn't Danny's dad at all, because his body was used in some horrible golem or some such horseshit.

Oh hey, TIGERS this time, instead of wolves.