This is a reminder that Portugal, Spain, Austria, Sweden, Egypt, the Netherlands, Greece...

This is a reminder that Portugal, Spain, Austria, Sweden, Egypt, the Netherlands, Greece, and Egypt were all global powers who shaped that world and are now irrelevant nothing countries. France, Turkey, and Iran had almost as great a fall but remained at least a little relevant. It happened to them; it'll happen to your country too.

What about UK and Germany ? They never were global powers ?

>France
>Not relevant
pick wan

JUPITER will make us relevant again...

what?

They're still relevant.
France remains relevant and culturally important, but it's not as important as the REALLY important countries. It's like
>America
>China
>Russia, Germany, Britain
>France
And Japan probably equal to or just underneath France.

>tfw was never relevant

Define "relevant".

M-maybe Brazil will rise to relevance too one day, r-right?

Th-they always saw Brazil is the country of the future...

Major influence on world culture, ability to project military power elsewhere, major economic influence on the world economy, large population that consumes things, lots of resources to exploit. Obviously some countries are really good at certain things than others (Britain has high military power and low population compared to something like Japan, which has super high economic power and very low military power).
I have a friend who's certain Brazil will be a major world player in the next fifty years.

>Major influence on world culture
France has as much soft power as Britain and is the main counterweight to Germany in the EU
>ability to project military power elsewhere
Largest military in Europe that is frequently used, third country in the world with the most nuclear warheads, has one aircraft carrier and 4 nuclear submarines, and a well-trained army that is able to intervene somewhere without sending a region into chaos unlike the US.
>large population that consumes things
67 million people live in France, which is slightly more than Britain. Our GPA is slightly lower, but still high.
>lots of resources to exploit
Largest EEZ in the world, with 300k kilometers more than the USA.

I don't know if I'd say France has equal soft power to Britain. The problem is that it's kind of hard to find the line between American and British influence on the world sometimes, which is a problem in this kind of discussion. Either way, Britain has more direct influence in modern film, television, and music than France does. I know France has the most tourists of any country in the world, which is a big deal, but discounting possible American buffering of British influence, I still think Britain is a step above France in that department.

I didn't know France had an aircraft carrier, though. That's a big deal, so I take it back.

We're above Britain in other forms of art(Louvre and others) tourism, and gastronomy, which we've dominated for the entire past century

>being relevant to the world
>it'll happen to Brazil too
Th-thanks, OP!

>Major influence on world culture
So very few countries apart from the US, Britain and Israel. Nice list.

I'm very doubtful of that, maybe if we can overcome the sheer amount of leftism in our collective "spirit", and academia, but I don't think that's going away anytime soon

Right now for instance we're trying not to become another Venezuela

>France has as much soft power as Britain and is the main counterweight to Germany in the EU
Not really

>Seat on the security council
>One of the most important languages is French
>Nuclear Power
>Energy giants

Yes, they're irrelevant. Stupid yankee. The sooner your kind is eradicated, the better.

We were a superpower and we're a global power now.

vagoo

>Israel

wat?

Was France a superpower under Louis XIV? I mean, we were pretty much the most powerful kingdom in the world

I'm trying to think of a reason why it wouldn't be, and truthfully, I can't. It just feels in some way not right. Maybe I associate the term too much with America and the Soviet Union.

gooodddd
keep it that way, the only thing that we want is to keep our europid national identity and do not become like the 56%..... if we keep it anything can happen.