At this point is anyone else hoping the plug gets pulled before Snyder ruins Darkseid and the New Gods?

At this point is anyone else hoping the plug gets pulled before Snyder ruins Darkseid and the New Gods?

I'd be willing to wait 5-10 years while DC gets there shit together and gives me a competent film rather than ruining them for an entire generation with a barely recognizable hack job.

You DO realize that is Steppenwolf as seen through Kryptonian hologram tech and is likely going to look different right?

If the plug gets pulled. Thats it. You probably won't get another DC movie in your lifetime.

Yea he's gonna be in color instead of made of gray metal but Snyder's washed out muted colors will make him look like gray metal anyway.

Don't worry Johns is in charge now and he'll do the New Gods justice

lol

Oh fuck off.

>ruins
Tad too late for that. The last time Darkseid was good-ish is DCAU.

>Seven Soldiers
>Final Crisis
>The Return of Bruce Wayne
>The Multiversity

Don't be stupid. DC is still making money for WB even when WB is making crap. Do idiots really think WB would sell DC despite how much money they bring in from other things besides movies

>implying they would adapt literally any of those stories

>Don't worry Johns is in charge now and he'll do the New Gods justice
>lol

That's mean.

Snyder take on the new god is literally all what he has been working on, the whole meta-shit and new mythology works perfectly with the new gods. Shut up. This isnt a hugbox for your dumb opinions.

There's people that think he is gray and made of tiny pieces.

They dont need to adapt any of those. Fuck off with your adaptations, new stories are better than adaptatios.

Who fucking cares what he looks like now, the fact that theyre using Stepphenwolf as their JL villain is fucking stupid. Lets think about this for a minute, right off the bat this screams "Ohohoho! Youre gonna love Darkseid! See it in part 2!" 3 hour trailer bullshit again. And we're practically getting a Parademon invasion, so yeah glad that we're starting with that, and see it again when Darkseid decides to pop by. Then theres the Mother Box stuff which makes no sense other than "we need a scavenger hunt". AND THEN we have to establish the rest of the league, revive superman during the final act in the most stupid way possible, and somehow make it a decent running time. This is dead on arrival

>Morrisonshit
>good

Stupid person spotted.
I fucking love "if you don't like Morrison, you're too dumb to understand it".

Morrison is literally the only writer today who seems to be able to write the New Gods even remotely well.

There's no way it could be worse than this. Right?
Not even Smallville Darkseid was that bad.

>Dumb rock golem
>Black smoke
Id say theyre on the same level. I did hear a rumor Darkseid was going to give each member nightmares so strap in for more of that symbolic bullshit

>There's no way it could be worse than this.

Yes, Johns could push for that darkseid and if snyder doesnt hit the billion mark he will be replaced by someone that Johns can really manipulate.

>>Black smoke
What are you talking about?

Wasnt Smallville Darkseid a black cloud that just possessed Luthors father?

Sup Forums bros:

would you rather have:
>a DC Cinematic Universe of the highest quality spanning 10+ movies

or

>A full revival of the DCAU featuring new seasons of JLU, BB, Static Shock, B:TAS, S:TAS, Zeta Project, (hell, and even GL:TAS) featuring the original cast, along with Timm and all of the classic writers.

I want Snyder to do a JL movie based on 7 samurais and the knights of the round table.

Honestly? The former. As much as I liked the DCAU, I'd rather get something new. And frankly, I'd rather we get a new animated universe anyway, just not the new one we've been getting in the animated original movies.

I'd been dying to see all my favorite DC heroes and teams translated into live-action. Just...not like this.

I hope Snyder lives forever and makes great movies until the end of time.

I'd take the DCAU revival but I wouldn't tread old ground. Flash would get his own show and I'd focus on Blue Beetle instead of Static

But would you still be alive when he finally manages to make his first one?

He always looks like a dumb rock golem, though.

I already saw Man of Steel. Watchmen is pretty good but I haven't finished seeing it yet.

You know if you're all so upset, why don't you fucking kill yourselves. Jeezus. Other wise stop acting like its the end of the world.

this

Origin is one of the highest shilled trades by DC. Face it, Johnseid is the best we can hope for.

Give me a WW show as well.

I'd ask for an Aquaman show too but iirc, Ocean Master and Devil Ray got killed off so what would be the point

The latest Twin-Pack storytime, containing two 2012 series whose official translations are released this year, is still in the archive.

What do you think of these?

>Morrison writes JL
>Kirby rises from the grave and writes JL

Pretty much the only way the New Gods canl be good desu

Snyder couldn't handle Superman and Batman, two characters that literally thousands of people throughout the decades have handled perfectly well.

Now he's moving on to Darkseid and the New Gods, characters that literally one or two people other than their creator have handled well over the decades....

Kirby's New Gods are just like Lex Luthor in that you know Snyder is gonna "put his own spin on it" and it will be particularly infuriating because his spin is awful and we still haven't gotten a decent "spinless" version.

>Snyder couldn't handle Superman and Batman
he didnt?

I'd be fine with that.

He didn't

Why? Superman and Batman are the best parts of the movies.

If they were named Gray Man and Maroon Cape Man you would have literally no clue they were supposed to be Batman and Superman.

>That's mean.
Shut up. This isnt a hugbox for your dumb opinions.

I really think Lee was behind the Origins Darkseid design. As soon as Johns was writing him with a different artist, his look changed for the better IMO. Maybe we could get something like this instead?

So no muh is your argument? Superman is great you are just pissed they focused in his failure and a dark time in his life instead of just rainbows and victories.
>really think Lee was behind the Origins Darkseid design. As soon as Johns was writing him with a different artist, his look changed for the better IMO. Maybe we could get something like this instead?

Johns Darkseid was absolute crap both times.

BvS Ultimate Cut is probably the best Superman story put on screen and one of the better examinations of the character in the last decade.

fanboys just want their comfort food at the end of the day, they dont want a movie that's about something or has a vision of it's own.

>fanboys just want their comfort food at the end of the day

I think this defines pretty well the problem, it's a really good superman, but isnt one that people want to see. From the newspapaer cuts we KNOW this superman does all the superman things superman fans want to see. But for many, especially those who like really dumbed down simply versions of the character, its really unconfortable to see superman having a hard time and actually suffering.

The part with superman saving the people from the flood, the rocket, and shit and with all the media talking if he is a god, a divine image, an alien to change the world a demon blah blah... and then it cuts to Clark calling his mom, not really asking anything just wanting to hear his clark voice in the middle of the night. That's a perfect Superman moment. And it's also a perfect example of what happens with This superman on the internet, you can talk all what you want, but superman is at the end of the day just a farmboy that wants to make the world a better place

>BvS Ultimate Cut is probably the best Superman story put on screen

Maybe that's why it's selling blurays so well when it's supposedly one of the most hated films in history

Yeah but he never acted like one, unlike War's shit version

>they focused in his failure and a dark time in his life

It was a dark time in his life, but he succeeded in both the movies. When has he failed?

He fails to protect people in the courtroom, he doesnt know it's not his fault. Superman being REALLY affected by the death of innocents is something that i really wanted to see. Smiling after daving someone it's easy, but watching him caring so much about things out of his control it's a great thing.

After the court he realized how it was his fault though.

>Thinking the superhero movies fad will last that long

It's going to die with Infinity War. There will still be a few of course, but 6 big budget comic books movie a year like we have now? It stops after Avengers

Late to the game and not succeding as much as they hoped, WB will continue to put out a few superhero movies but will instead try a new fad. Movies based on songs or cookbooks, I don't know

Sony will have 2 others Deadpool movie, not including the future Xmen movies where he will appear for sure. Reynolds is 39. It will be pathetic if he's still playing him after 45.

Marvel Studios...I have no idea. They'll try to keep their universe going, but with all the necessary recasts, or the leaving characters and the drop in stakes, less and less people will care. Yeah, the kids of today will make them live because it will be their nostalgia, but let's be honest; nowdays superhero movies are succesful because of "nerd culture", not children.
Marvel Studios will either become very minor, or take care of DIsney movies unrelated to comics or superhero. They will have a franchise like Pirates of The Carribean or something; popular, but not a trend starter.

This thread angers me (not you OP, I agree with you).
>MOS was a mess
>BVS was bad
>Suicide Squad is awful
>"M-MUH DC VS MARVEL"
>"S-STUPID CRITICS"

I love comics period. I want to see them done right. You zombies need to stop defending a movie series that is clearly killing all of its potential and leading us to a string of movies barely recognizable to its source material beyond re-doing panels completely out of context.

Exactly. Marvel needs to be stopped. DC is at least hanging on to the source material.

Why are people like you this deluded?

It'll last until 2025 at the earliest.

I'm hoping that's just bad shitposting.

To be fair, I think both are failing. Marvel has become milktoast by-the-numbers commercials for other movies and disregard the themes and tones of the comics, and DC is just a gigantic mess.

I agree on the whole but every time the trend starts to die something else like Iron Man 1 or GotG or Deadpool kicks it back up again.

The future definitely looks like a downward slope though. There are some sparks but on the whole I'm just seeing a wave of solid but safe Marvel (which will eventually lead to a bored audience) and more of the same from DC (who are already a laughing stock). GotG 2 will be a monster but that's about it.

Is this the "Joker's tattoos won't be in the real movie, don't worry!" thing all over again?

Yeah, remember how after Batman and Robin or Green Lantern flopped we never got another DC movie again?

No you dumbass, some idiots think that steppenwolf was literally gray.

I'm not so sure actually. The motherbox in the cyborg clip was a different color, and Kryptonian tech does make the things it reproduces that grayish color, as seen in Man of Steel.

I don't think color is the problem with that design

What's the problem then?'

Anyone who thinks Steppenwolf is a bad choice for a villain is a casual who has never read New Gods comics.

Literally everything. And that's not shit posting. Literally everything about that design is awful

Marvel, sure. But after Infinity War, it will be less popular. What are they going to do?

They will have saved the universe; no matter what they do after, it will either be underwhelming or the same old things. Also, by the time Infinity War 2 hits in 2019, RDJ will have been Tony for 11 years. You really think he'll want to go on for another 6 in non-cameos?
Actors aren't like drawings, you can't keep them around forever. RDJ will never have any problem working, ScarJo and Ruffalo already have a good career outside of the MCU, Renner gives no shit, etc.

The point is, they will have to change their cast at some point. The shared universe makes it that they can't just replace one actor, it would feel ridiculous if Evans and NuTony acted as if they had a past. They can't reboot and hope to have the same success either, people are way too invested in the first MCU to jumb back in a second one and loving it as much so soon. (No, it's not like having 3 Batman actors in 8 years)

That only leaves you with introducing new characters. Either more B and C lister that no one cares about, or you do things like, I dunno. A female Thor? A black Cap? A black female Iron Man?

What's happening in the comics is not just for diversity's sake. There are creating a precedent for the movies. It will be much easier to swallow RDJ being replaced by a black teenage girl if "it's just like the comics". But moviegoers will not buy that for long.

I'm far from my starting point by now, but still; the interest in the MCU is not eternal. Phase 3 will be highly succesful. We will get a Phase 4, but the decline in success will be clear.

And that's just Marvel. For WB and Sony, they will stop way before. Again, we will still have a few Batman and Xmen movies once in a while, but do you really think that they will want to be against the juggernaut that is the MCU for much longer? They will push for a new trend, like every studios without superheroes.

That comic fucking sucked. How is pointing out that the shitty movie design had elements vaguely similar to a shitty comic's design supposed to have any meaning?

Why?
Does it look unique? Yes, does it look foreign? Yes, does it look powerful? Yes, Does it look like the newer comic versions? Yes.

It was still better than Darkseid war

Does it look good? No.

LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS PROBLEMATIC

UGH HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS??? ARE YOU A TRUMP SUPPORTER??????

What?

It doent need to look good, just like you don't need to like luthor for him to be a good villian.

>a character design doesn't need to look good

No it doesnt.

But that's a good design.