The Empire

Did they actually ever do anything wrong?

Alderaan was literally a rebel planet

history is written by the victors, buddy

No, Sheev removed the entrenched elite (Jedis) who cared more about their moral high ground than the republic

I also made this flag for the Republic, am I a poet yet?

No, they didn't.
Sheev came into power by completely legal means and proved that he could govern efficiently. After the Empire was gone, a splinter group even managed to build a bigger Death Star without the Republic noticing. So either the First Order was very competent or the Republic was being governed by idiots again.
In either case, the First Order seems to be a better choice.

why didn't they just keep fighting then instead of scuttling the Imperial Fleet and running off the the unknown regions?

They wanted to mourn Sheev. Sadly, the rebels shot down most of their ships when they were still grieving.
Thus, they decided to retreat for a couple of years and see if the Republic wouldn't collaps by itself.

bump

I grew up with the Tie Fighter game so i'm a big empire supporter.

Sheev actually did nothing wrong in the old EU

best flag

>destroyed the elitist jedi order that did fuck all but get fat
>eradicated the corrupt in inefficient republic government that allowed mega-corporations to turn everyday life in the core worlds a dystopia
>brought peace and order to galaxy, no longer is the galaxy ruled by weaklings that panic everytime a company or planet turns on it

Nah, their symbol is alright though

It's a shame the Rebel Phoenix symbol has been tainted by leftists so much

whats the difference between the rebels and the civil war confederates?

The Rebels won

nice

>Muh Alderaan
it's a hoax it never happened

Childhood is idolizing Luke and Han and the Rebellion.

Adolescence is idolizing Sheev and the Empire.

Adulthood is realizing the Confederacy was the only good faction in Star Wars.

ITT: Edgelords

>Alderaan was a rebel planet!

I bet if your state sutddenly supported a secessionist revolt and the feds nuked it killing literally everyone there including your loyalist family, you'd say the same thing.

phase 1 > phase 2

There's a difference between rebels and secessionists/separatists

if we had a president like Sheev I would get the fuck out of dodge the moment they announced a secessionist revolt

>Overthrow the government so the banking clans can take over

Mara Jade Skywalker>>>>>>>> Rey and Ahsoka

Confederates were good.

>when you're engaging in some perfectly legitimate planet bombarding for your Voluntary McEmpire™ and some statist jedi board your ship, violating the NAP, so you send Droidekas® after them