Am I automatically a Christian if I say "I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior"?

Am I automatically a Christian if I say "I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UIZdGmb38og
youtube.com/watch?v=aoXYw9jHP90
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, if you're just "saying" it.

It's more of an experience when you convert, than just saying a set of words and stuff happens.

Depends on the flavor of Protestantism. In real Christianity, no.

So how does one become a Christian then?

Not unless you mean it. And that's not all it takes to convert to Christianity -- you need to be baptised and confirmed.

I'm not in the sprit to tell you that man.

You'd have to go to a church.

I'm in a bit of a rut myself at the moment.

No

What do you think its an empty superficial faith like islam?

You need to believe Jesus Christ is your lord and saviour and follow the teachings of the bible. It's not enough to just believe but it's also not enough to just not sin

So people aren't born Christians? An old man called a priest has to sprinkle water on you or dunk you in water?

I was confirmed into the methodist church after taking classes as a teenager.

Others are baptised into church at birth oe in adulthood

youtube.com/watch?v=UIZdGmb38og

>and follow the teachings of the bible
I'm pretty sure most "Christians" don't do that.

Unfortunately it can be hard I know but all Christians must out an effort into it.

If you arent a protestant you arent christian

Christianity is bullshit

A lot of the Old Testament laws got thrown out the window with Christs' death and resurrection. Christ basically made a new covenant with all people, just like God made a covenant with Abraham. Besides saying that as the Son of God only his sacrifice could save us from sin, Jesus said the covenant of Abraham was cast away- basically making it so that a lot of bs Old Testament laws that Jews still follow aren't needed anymore.

Read the Bible. Really read it. God gave us it for a reason.

You need to repent to Jesus. Repentance means being so sorry about your sins that you're willing to stop doing them. You also need to tell everyone that you're now a Christian. The New Testament lists several things that you must do to follow in Christ's path. For example, you must support the Jewish state of Israel.

Jews aren't the Tribe of Judah.
Israel is filled with Satanists not Judaens

Explain pic related to me. I don't get it.
>Worshiping a Middle Eastern man
>Hating black people
Aryan Jesus???

srry forgot pic.

>FAP

Your automatically a Muslim if you say Shahada

No. You:
1. Have to mean it, not just say it.
2. Admit you're a sinner.
3. Admit that Jesus is the Son of God, and the only way to eternal life.

Unfortunately, Canadians can't do this. Jesus, like all of us, hate them, and will not suffer a leaf in His holy kingdom. Start turning the thernostat up and get used to it, you'll thank me in Hell.

sooo if i'm orthodox i'm not bullshit coz protestantism is christianity which is bullshit?

No.

>Acceptance of the Gospel
>Repentance
>Baptism
>Submitting to the Lordship of Christ

Only heretics believe otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=aoXYw9jHP90

Its not a magic trick, but if you believe those words you are a christian. But believing these things require doing more than just saying them

>Baptism
This isn't necessary. The thief on the cross was never baptised, and yet he still made it to heaven. Baptism is definitely something a true christian should want to do, but salvation doesn't hinge on you receiving it, unlike with any of the other three points.

Baptism is an act of faith, Christ commanded it and it happens with every new conversion in the new testament. Just because you Calvary Chapel easy-believers want to pretend baptism is not an integral part of becoming a Christian, doesn't make it so.

>"Muh baseless assertions not based on scripture"
Not a rebuttal.

>Baseless

I really shouldn't be surprised that a Calvary Chapel "Christian" doesn't know their Bible, but...

Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway,even unto the end of the world.Amen.

And no, it's not a metaphorical baptism that happens when you "REALLY, REALLY FOR REALLY REALZ believe!" He's talking about an actual baptism with water.

Tu quo and Strawman. come on, at least try.
Google "thief on the cross" dilemma, or call up your priest and ask him what you're supposed to think again.

if you sincerely believe those words then yes

By believing a like on a stick is the hero of mankind and worshiping Jew's as the chosen people

Thief on the cross happens before this commandment. If you feel compelled to disobey a direct commandment from Christ, take it up with him when you stand before him on judgement day.

>Unironically believing Jesus retconned himself
I can't tell if you are joking anymore.

>Not knowing how covenant works

Wew.

False. Heretic detected. It is very clear that salvation is for thosr who believe.

God bless you, you'll get through this my man.

The entire point of Christianity is that men are born with original sin. Adam and Eve sinned back in the day, so all people are held accountable for that sin since that time forward. Because of this original sin, you are separated from the grace of God and cannot enter heaven with Him. Only baptism cleanses you of this original sin and allows you to be with God.

No, you are not born Christian. That's the whole point. You need to perform a ritual to be Christian. If you do not perform this ritual, Christians believe you are not Christian and will NOT go to heaven.

Being baptized in any Christian sense counts as being baptized in any Christian denomination. You could have been baptized at a Lutheran church, then go on to be Anglican. I know that Catholics recognize all baptisms, but I'm not sure if all Christian denominations recognize Catholic baptism, but it wouldn't make sense for them not to.

This is all academic, though. This is based on the teachings of Christianity, and the author of this post in no way acknowledges that any of this is real or effects your existence in any way.

Do you want to be Christian? Get baptized. Do you not want to be Christian, but you accidentally got baptized? Just don't believe in it. You can't hold yourself to a religion you don't believe is real.

>This is all academic

There is no original sin. Baptism is how one enters into covenant with Christ and it has to be a conscious decision made if one's own volition.

Certain religions believe that, certain religions believe different. The point is moot, because these differences just display that religion is subjective, and therefore, not real.

>I don't know anything so I'm just going to say it's subjective and fake

>Am I automatically a Christian if I say "I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior"?
No. You have to really accept Him as such in your heart.

Continue being a slave to your faith. I was for most of my life, that's why I know so much about it. Probably more than you, really

Your lack of understanding in regards to the most basic christian teachings is evident. I highly doubt you knew/know what you're talking about. It's never too late to turn back, you know.

Are you a racist atheist?