Suicide Squads for those who have seen it

ITT thread, peope who have actually seen SS and telling their opinion about it.

Personally, I loved it. It was sometimes a bit cheezy when they were going "we are a team/family, now", but most of the time, all of them are awesome.

Best surprise of this movie? Amanda Waller. they nailed her perfectly. The Wall is there and she rocks.

Hope this movie get good enough to get rid of the thin Amanda from the comics.

Also, for those wondering, Will smith play Will smith, but he also play a great Deadshot. So no complain from my part.

Anyone has seen it yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1IN9rqFUrAU
my.mixtape.moe/uhkisu.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, about Harley Quinn, even if it was for a short glimps you actually see her in her original DCAU costume. sweet.

It's shit, no surprise

>Deadshot isn't bad
>Joker fake dies
>Meme Harley
>Boomerang was in it? I must've missed his 5 minutes of screen time

Have we seen the same movie?

Harley is nice, loved her origin story And Boomerang was definitely here.

Loved what he did with Chief Zipline or whatihisname.

The only one who lack presence would be Killer Croc. They could have done more with him, but he basically has one moment, not a bad one, but that's it.

It was shit. I agree that did The Wall perfectly and I actually enjoyed what I saw of The Joker. Not much else though.

>Boomerang was in it? I must've missed his 5 minutes of screen time
sometimes it feels like he was added in after the fact
theres a scene where the entire team is climbing a set of stairs, and he's not there, then when they get to the end and all pose and look around he just sorta, steps out from behind everyone

>Hope this movie get good enough to get rid of the thin Amanda from the comics.

They already did that, pay attention user.

It's really good.

The pace was too fast

Supposedly he had a side plot that was cut.

Sorry.

How is Deadshot not bad? He's a hired killer for money.

It wasn't that bad but it wasn't good either. I went in without expectations and came out entertained.

Dont get where all the bad reviews are coming from, personally I enjoyed it, Margot makes a good Harley, loved the introductions the iconic Deadshot pose at the beginning and seeing Joker and Harley in their classic looks.

The characters were good, would have liked to see Boomerang fleshed out more, my only complaint was the villain.

literally an expendables ripoff

Its the fun I wanted a DC movie to be
Its not perfect and Cara sucks as enchantress but the characters are spot on
I wish they went on a few more missions together so they could push them all being family by the end more believable

WB needs to be on point with their movies stop forcing edits and let the directors do their own cuts

Joker is like Spider-man in civil war popping up briefly but not enough

Who was hyped when you saw Joker and Harley dancing in the classic costumes?

I know the scene leaked but in the theater I was genuinely surprised it was in there because of all the frustration with her not having her jester outfit

A ripoff of what?

>Joker is like Spider-man in civil war popping up briefly but not enough
I'd say Joker is better integrated to the story than Spider Man was in Civil War.

In Civil War, I couldn't help but feel it was a last minute addition. In Suicide Squadd, the Joker seemed to be fully integrated to the plot.

Loved it.

The idea that this Joker genuinly loves Harley needs to be retconned in a later movie. If Harley isn't a metaphor for every battered wife on the world she loses a major aspect of her character.

I mean I am perfectly sure Margot Robbie could act that part great. Because HOLY FUCK does she get everything else about her PERCECTLY!

But yeah, the Joker loving Harley is dumb.

Will Smith is a DAMN good Deadshot.

He's more father than assassin.

I actually liked this interpretation of the Joker actually being in love with Harley, it made for a new interesting dynamic.
>If Harley isn't a metaphor for every battered wife on the world she loses a major aspect of her character.
Except it doesn't require retconning Joker loving Harley for that to be.

People like to think things in black and white, but, more often than not, the husband of a battered wife actually love her. This is precisely what make the whole situation awful.

There is actual love and it's destructive and cause suffering.

I don't know if they can work it out. But the joker actually loving Harley would result in a much more realistic portrayal of battered wife that just making the the partner a complete monster.

I thought it was pretty good, 8/10 movie. Deadshot was pretty damn cool, Boomer was perfect, a bit lackluster last fight but otherwise damn entertaining. Leto's Joker was GOAT.

Originally that was the entire point however. Harley genuinly believe Joker loved her, while to the Joker Harley was barely a tool because he only loved Batman.

Joker isn't supposed to give a flying fuck about Harley.

Hilariously low standards there, bud

He is in love with her
Its a type of crazy mad love where he's super possesive and abusive

>Joker isn't supposed to give a flying fuck about Harley.

This is how you spot casuals

Yes. that's what they did with the DCAU and it worked well perfectly. But imo, attempting to redo that will just give a weaker result than the cartoon.

Better try a different take and see what they can do with that.

I have to say what they did with the acid vat was pleasantly surprising, so no complain from me.

I find your complete dismissal of my opinion amusing as well.

If this movie flops at the box office I'll gladly take my gang of harley's or harley quinn movie

>a bit lackluster last fight
I dunno. I liked liked Diablo going full Demi-god

just back from watching it.
was a fun and entertaining movie, but the pacing was very chaotic and at some points it just seemed that scenes where missing.

joker was average, but harley was pretty good.
will smith was playing himself but he did a nice job
enchantress in her first apearance was hot, the other costume was pretty shit.

It was horrible. Man going to see the movie just for Cap Aussie wasn't worthy

Not him, but I agree with him.

The brother fight was good, I meant the double sword fight with Enchantress.

him and croc where the most interesting characters.
shame diablo dies

Damn right

I used to think "shilling" was a Sup Forums meme
but after reading these post I tend to believe it is real

The movie was OK, I feel I got my entertainment's money out of it but it was by no means a good/great movie.

I would barely recommend people seeing it in the theaters but would definitely people rent it

nothing really bothered me about the movie other than Will Smith SUCKING as Deadshot and the hot topic Joker.
Everything else was pretty cool and being an evil CIS male I enjoyed watching Harley scamper about in her stripper outfit ( I know NOT MUH)

No, YOUR POST is how you spot casuals.

>other than Will Smith SUCKING as Deadshot and the hot topic Joker.
But both were good.

youtube.com/watch?v=1IN9rqFUrAU

>The movie was OK, I feel I got my entertainment's money out of it but it was by no means a good/great movie.
Uh? Doesn't having your entertainment's money qualify for what make a movie good?

>Yes. that's what they did with the DCAU and it worked well perfectly. But imo, attempting to redo that will just give a weaker result than the cartoon
What. Snyder's films can be grimdark and have massive amounts of death and Superman saying no one stays good in this world and Batman straight up killing people but you draw the line at Harley Quinn sufferring spousal abuse?

I don’t think you read that user's post correctly. Like, at all. Try again

>but you draw the line at Harley Quinn sufferring spousal abuse?
I did not. Nor did I even use "it's too violent for portrayal" as an argument.

What I said is
1. Most of spousal abuse come from partner that actually love the one they are abusing, so making the joker actually care about Harley would not detriment that aspect of her character

2. DCAU already did perfectly the "abusive monster who don't actually care about her partner" So trying to do it again and failing to do it better is less preferable than trying to go with a different and as interresting take on it.

the character of Harley isn't affected and Joker is, by its own nature, a so malleable character that you can make it work too.

Try to read a little better next time.

I used to think "shilling" was a Sup Forums meme
but after reading these post I tend to believe it is real

The movie was OK, I feel I got my entertainment's money out of it but it was by no means a good/great movie.

I would barely recommend people seeing it in the theaters but would definitely people rent it

nothing really bothered me about the movie other than Shia LaBeouf SUCKING as Sam Witwicky and the hot rod Bumblebee.
Everything else was pretty cool and being an evil CIS male I enjoyed watching Megan Fox scamper about in her stripper outfit ( I know NOT MUH)

You're a fucking dumbass who wants to validate this ship. kys

Was this a copy/pasta from the start, or did you just want to make user mad?

Just saw it an hour ago.

Enjoyed it, as good as average MCU fare for me.

Not muh Deadshot. CW Deadshot is still my live-action Deadshot. Having said that, Will Smith was ok.

Harley...okay.

Croc...okay. I want King Shark next.

Diablo/Slipknot...meh.

Katana okay. Don't know her too well except from BoP.

Needed way more Digger. Seriously.

>Digger
What the fuck are you on about?

THIS. That was cool, implied that she wore it for the first few years. Just a slow descent into sluttification. I mean, if Batfleck has been Batmanning for 10-20 years, she's probably been Harley-ing for at least 5, right?

BOOMERANG YOU CUNT

Oh shit I read that as "Diggle" for some fucking reason. My bad friend

>expendables invented black op mission movie

Oh? He was talking about the Expandable movie. I thought user meant literally an expandable ripoff, a ripoff you don't need.

I can't really see how you can compare SS with Expandable, though. For one, SS is better.

i don't know why this got such a laugh out of me

Just saw it

>Great group chemistry. Deadshot, Harley, Boomerang and Diablo were best
>Plot WAS coherent, don't get where that criticism came from
>Barely any Joker, but what was there was GOAT. Leto is the best onscreen Joker ever.
>Katana was cool.
>Action scenes were great except the last big fight was kind of meh.
>Batfleck still best Batman/Bruce

Overall a good flick, definitely worth seeing in theatres.

I'm definitely not going to spend money on this movie, but does anyone have a pic of RObbie in the Jester Outfit?

>>Plot WAS coherent, don't get where that criticism came from
Probably the first DCCU who really managed to pull that off.

Go see it. it's actually good. A fun moment.

Editing is a mess, thought they would have learned their lesson after BvS. OTher than that there's some okay bits. Will Smith is doing the best Will Smith I've seen in years, Waller has a fair amount of badass scenes, and I think Harley was pretty good too. Not that there wasn't some awful scenes with them, but meh.

Definitely.

I agree mr shill, this looks pretty fun

my.mixtape.moe/uhkisu.webm

People are worried about Deadshot and Harley taking up so much screentime, and miraculously all the positive reviews in this thread say they're absolutely fabulous.

The focus was definitely on them and Rick Flag. None of them were disappointing.

Thanks, but I'm just gonna pirate it.

there i no need to shill, it's one of the best scene of the movie.

well...it was...he wasn't originally in the movie but they cut him in after disney got the rights back from fox...and some fighting scenes were reshot but now with him too

I have difficulty to believe the Russo brothers saying "we wrote him from the start, it was either spidey or nothing", though.

Garbage. An action movie with bad action, a character movie with paper-thin characters, a subversive movie that follows all the tropes to a T. It's terrible.

>I have difficulty to believe the Russo brothers saying "we wrote him from the start, it was either spidey or nothing", though.
They said that They wrote Spidey. Then they were told that they wouldn't get Spidey, so they gave Spidey's fight to Black Panther who originally wasn't meant to be seen in costume. Then they were told they DID get Spidey, and they ended up keeping Black Panther's parts and just insert Spiderman back in.

Tony Stark's side was actually a bit bare, and it ended up working out that he got two people extra. Because originally the goal was to have Antman on Tony's side, but then the Antman director told them that Pym would never work with a Stark. So Antman had to switch sides, making the two teams uneven.

It's shit.
I can't deal with the use of music in this movie.
Lame-ass action scenes. It's so lame you cant see shit in the last battle.

Poorly edited. It's a mess.
I can't even judge Leto's judger, little screen time. The way they used him was horrible. Harley and Joker relationship was horrible.

Worst movie of the year for me.

>Worst movie of the year for me.
That's BVsS

You can hat SS, but you can't say with a straight face that it's worst than BVsS

>I feel I got my entertainment's money out of it but it was by no means a good/great movie.
So: Star Trek/Star Wars Reboot Tier?

Because I didn't leave the theater mad with either of those (the first one's, Into Darkness was shit); but I'm not ever going to bother watching either of them again either.

>an expendables ripoff

It's worse.
BvS at least tried something.
SS looks like they don't even tried. It's sad.

>Leto is the best onscreen Joker ever
0/10 You're not even trying, user.

Viola Davis was great as Amanda Waller.

The drawn out look and impotent angst with which Joel Kinnamen portrayed Rick Flagg was good.

Jai Courtney was (and I still can't believe I'm saying this) great as Captain Boomerang.

I really enjoyed El Diablo transforming into some sort of Aztec fire god, didn't see that coming and really enjoyed it.

Harley using Katana's sword to cut out Enchantress's heart was fucking lame. They literally should have gone with a Dues ex Machina of Batman, Wonder Woman, or Flash to save the day because the threat had gotten out of control and needed a Justice Leaguer. Plus, I'm pretty sure it would have been a great crowd pleaser and a good use of Deus ex Machina.

Overall I enjoyed the movie. It was fun, but it's a clusterfuck; though it does know it's a clusterfuck and embraces cluster + fuck.

GhettoDeadshot is Will Smith being Will Smith = bad.

Leto was seriously overhyped as GhettoJoker, tries waaaaay to hard to look like Joker but he ends up being more of a Tony Montana in Joker makeup.

Robbie was the highlight of the movie, nailed Harley.

The rest of the cast was horribly underused except Kinnaman who isn't that good of an actor (how Hollywood could pick him up is beyond me since his work here in Sweden is mediocre at best) and does sameface through the movie and Viola Davis who is good as Waller.

I would have liked to see more Boomerang and Diablo than Smith being Smith, both actors performed way better than Smith.

Plot is basically Ghostbusters.

In total , mediocre movie, nothing you will watch twice but not horribly bad.

Still in theater.

Was good.
Not perfect not best cape movie of the year, but still far from bad.
The good half of cape movies, like Blade or something.
5-6/10

Kills only evil people to pay for his daughter.

Music was obnoxious as fuck

My thoughts on it too.

when Slipknot dies just like that, I didn't even laugh in time because of how sudden it was but goddam that was frickin hilarious. I don't know what i expected but oh boy that was so sudden and funny. [spoiIer] thought there'd be a twist where he comes back but nope he's just fuckin dead

Jared Leto's perfomance gave me some Christopher Walken vibes.

This. Holy shit I want to murder whoever decided to shove so many fucking songs into this goddamn movie.

Thought it was good. Each character was given a good back story/origin. There was a few nice surprises for those of us that don't hawk the Internet 24/7 spoiling every little thing out there.

Final fight started out as a house on fire with El Diablo and then got a little meh. Robbie's Harley is perfect. Leto does a good job with how his joker is written. Lots of little voice changes and such that makes it stand out. Will Smith was will Smith. Captain boomerangs was a wonderful pleasant surprise and should have been given more screen time. Katana was nailed for the most part. Croc was a love hat thing. I wish he would have been bigger but yet I'm glad he wasn't a walking cgi tank.

This

A movie like this lives or dies based on how effectively the characters interact with each other and how we see them deal with the main threat, or choose not to deal with it.

All that is stripped out of this movie. The characters feel hollow and directionless. They go where the plot demands, not under any agency or motivation of their own.

I'm getting mixed messages

I posted There's a token effort to establish the character motivations at the start, but where they start and where they end up isn't explained or demonstrated well at all. They just immediately jump to "WE'RE FAMILY :D" by the end with nothing to really show for it or why they're still invested in the shitshow of a mission.

How does Slipknot's head go boom? I mean, it's PG-13 so I don't expect blood, but what happens? Does it cut away and you hear the boom?

You hear the boom and then his headless body with a smoking neck stump just dangles off the rope.

It's a bit of sloppy cgi. You see Slipknot start to go up and away on his cords, then you see flagger hit his icon, it cuts back to a slow moving Slipknot then you see the explosion. It cuts to Waller looking at an upside down dead Slipknot missing a head.

I enjoyed it - as much or more than Guardians of the Galaxy (for me, they're both really fun "B" movies). The Joker parts don't work for me, but I hate all Jokers, so I wasn't let down. I thought Harley, Deadshot, and Diablo were really good, and the Wall was terrifying and horrifying (the way she slaughtered all those poor techs was perfectly judged, though I wish it had been called out more.)

>people defending this Harley/Joker

>Camera focuses less on Harley's body as the movie progresses

Anyone else noticed this? She generally seemed to calm down throughout it as well, especially after Joker fakedies

So not Deadshot at fucking all then.

Thanks, won't waste my money.

The movie suffered because the Joker had too much screen time. For a movie called the Suicide Squad, they could have focused more on the Squad and gave only a little emphasis on the Joker.

The movie was also riddled with plotholes which I'm surprised was not pointed out here at all.

Why did Boomerang go back and help them in the end?

Why give Diablo an unexplained Avatar State?

Why didn't Waller evacuate the city? Flagg was in Ground Zero when it happened, she had plenty of time to run.

Why establish a timebomb to wipe out the Mayan God and then have it manually primed later? It was a 2-second bomb for that matter.

Who shot at them the first time they infiltrated the city?