The disaster artist

Sup Forums is probably the worst place to discuss this.

so lets discuss this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OEAvFGOnjZs
pastebin.com/dtCtt2ea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks good

The trailer made it sound like Tommy Wisseu was doing his best James Franco impersonation rather than vice versa. I haven't even seen the movie and I already hate it.

>I haven't even seen the movie and I already hate it.
Sup Forums in one phrase

Inb4 Reddit, Jews, dude weed, you have to go back

It will be shit, the trailer already jumped the shark
If weed isn't mentioned i'll cut off my balls

The trailer made it look like Tommy was just this funky actor guy in one of those purposefully-bad-to-be-cult movies and not the alien mastermind international assassin sex god trillionaire auteur who thought he was making a new Gone with the Wind

It looks like they're just remaking Room but as bloopers

Been waiting forever for this to come out. I bet it will be comfy

Franco doesn't even sound like he's trying to be Tommy

Has Franco even made anything good? At least he got tired of embarrassing himself attempting to adapt Faulkner. He's the fucking disaster "artist".

>Has Franco even made anything good?
This is the End. Prove me wrong.

World's End is better

>Sup Forums in one phrase

Considering most films released in the past decade have been complete shit, I'd say Sup Forums has a pretty good track record.

How about you stop remaking this thread and stop shilling, asshole?

It's sad, for a short time he was supposed to be the next big star in Hollywood and then he disappeared completely like that one faggot from the Twilight movies.
As if some pedo homo producers in Hollywood decided he isn't worth it any more and dropped him.

I wish literally anyone but James Franco and Seth Rogan were making this.

>The rooftop has some of the most realistic green screen ever that fooled many to believing it was real
>Tommy used a digital and film camera at the same time to film the Room - something no director has ever attempted to do
Tommy Wiseau is a hidden genius

What i dont get is how he was famous and prominent enough to deserve a roast on comedy central.

This

But Pattinson is now a Cronenberg partner and he starred in the best movie of this century (Cosmopolis) and his next movie, Good Time, seems like a really good movie (if you watched Heaven Knows What, you know what the Safdies are capable of pulling off).

I used film editing software to put a city background

Franco and the other Franco seem miscast.

>cosmopolis
>best movie of the century
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should just play The Room in theaters.

saved

It really is

It isn't but Robert Pattinson has built up a solid career after Twilight. It's just that retards like only watch mainstream blockbusters. The Rover was dope too.

>The Disaster Artist
>starring James Franco
is this an auto-biography?

>paul scheer in the trailer

yeeee

That was green screen? Holy shit!

This.

hahaha he could've filmed on top of the real roof of the studio he rented but insisted on building a rooftop with a greenscreen on the ground haha for real

I know everyone likes to shit on the green screen but I guarantee most of those people didnt learn about it until later. I legitimately thought it was real. The random shots of forest around San Fransisco actually helped too. The movie is awful but people like to cherry pick the fuck out of it. I had no clue it wasnt shot in SF

>he could've filmed on top of the real roof of the studio he rented but insisted on building a rooftop with a greenscreen on the ground
wasnt it filmed in new york or something? It wouldnt have worked. It's probably the least stupid idea he had

You've got to be joking. Green screen looked very obvious. It's bizarre this trash movie has achieved "cult" status. Money thrown to extended marketing to be sure.

>trillionaire

>tfw the teller says the account is a bottomless pit

He rented a soundstage in L.A.

WITH JEWS
YOU LOSE

(and miss the point of the book entirely)

Where the funding for the movie came from is definitely the biggest mystery surrounding the production.

Don't forget Tommy's fear of valets, too.

you would be to if you knew what happened in san troupe

The famous billboard for it is visible in some old episodes Entourage.

Name a better movie.

>I had no clue it wasnt shot in SF
WAIT IT WASN'T? FOR FUCK SAKE MY LIFE IS A LIE

nah he is too much of a sweet heart to have done that

Few shots like that one were filmed there but the rest was on a studio. The first time they shot Denny vs. Chris R. it wasn't on the roof but rather an alley they constructed and I believe they used again for the underwear story scene. Truly a feat in movie making.

Sex scene with Tommy rubbing his privates on chick's belly confirmed

what about Uwe Boll, would he have been better?

>didn't close his eyes during "I did not"
>no head tilt on "oh hi mark"

Unironically, yes.

This is 5 seconds of work I did to add a city background and it already looks so professional.

Hell you could share this around and pretend it's from the official release.

>says not instead of NAAHT
it's garbage

take my money

>James Franco messed up Tommy's line
ironic

The book it is so amazing, one of my favorites comedies books ever.
>the osama bin laden
>the dog scene
>the baby face
>the final chapter

Tommy seems a nice crazy guy and Gregg its such a bro.

>"I WILL MAKE MOVIE THAT EVERYBODY WILL REMEMBER!"
And he literally did

I nearly cried at the end of the book

I read the book. I can tell you that won't be the case. If you've ever heard how the Francos talk about the room and Tommy, you'll know it won't be that.

Am I out of.touch? The trailer wasn't funny to me in the slightest. All these fb comments and shares from people saying they think it looks great, but all I see is Franco doing a piss-poor Wiseau impression. So far, it looks like the original blows this out of the water and the book already tells a kore engaging behind the scenes.

Me too, me too.

STELLA

Tommy had access to an actual San Francisco rooftop, but he really wanted to film in the studio parking lot. That's where it was filmed.

10/10 motion tracking

i'm familiar with the room and the story behind it so i doubt there will be anything good to it

it seems like the film equivalent of doing a funny borat voice with your friends

MUST WATCH FILM BY TALAL AMEEN!!!! 2017 VERY POSITIVE VERY HEART WARMING
youtube.com/watch?v=OEAvFGOnjZs

I hope Tommy sues.

Franco does not seem to be really trying to sound like Tommy
He just sounds like Franco saying Tommy's line
It looks like the movie is not going to explore the themes of Tommy being a dreamer who actually is amazing in his ability to achieve the impossible

127 hours

I think that kinda makes sense. For Tommy anyway. He probably considers a set with green screen more professional and more Hollywood than just shooting on location.

You're right about the green screen, but shooting the movie on digital was a waste of money because he decided not to release the digital cut yo the public.

Also why not just get Greg to do his role, he is an actor still I think

>post yfw a random user on Sup Forums can produce quality post production editing
And people say we have no talent!

Fuck off

The possibilities are endless.

I heard that that the guy from Nathan for you is in the film, wonder how his performance goes.

I read the second draft of the script over a year ago and still had it around so I just crudely put it on a pastebin if you guys want to check it out. Yes, if you read the book you're going to be disappointed but I think you'll find some fun in it.

pastebin.com/dtCtt2ea

Terrible

accurate

How else would James Franco keep his even more shitty brother employed?

>doesn't throw the water bottle with the same force
>doesn't incline his hey during the "oh hi Mark'

does it bug anyone that dave is a foot shorter than the person he's portraying? i mean he looks spot on but it's like mini-mark

The Room fans are the absolute worst

>Greg
He's got the impression down
This would have been a great choice

He would be the perfect director for a movie about Wiseau

Don't assume everyone is as retarded as you.

>he looks spot on

No?

He looks like a fucking kid with a bad beard glued to his face.

I WAS BEING POLITE.

i'm sure he's fine, but this movie's going to be weird since i've seen the room 50 times. it looks like cosplay

Not necessarily. Apparently the way he coaxially mounted the digital and film cameras might make a 3D release possible.

It does. But think about it with a jew mind. Greg has already gotten cash from his book deal and from selling the rights to allow for a film to be produced. Actually casting him, while being meta and entertaining, would've only lined his pockets with more money and I don't think that's something Franco probably wanted. Why not have your brothers/friends join up and get some money instead?

Another explanation is that Greg has PTSD and wouldn't want to return to a movie based on The Room even as a mock because it would mean reliving the one notable aspect of his life. It may make him look like a sad cunt to even do it.

can that guy even look like a sad cunt? he looks like he's chiseled out of marble no homo

I meant that people might perceive him as cashing on the cult status of the film which admittedly is the only major thing Greg has going for him. It's like when the other members of the cast and crew got together to make a documentary about The Room sometime after the whole thing went down. While I can't blame a person for wanting to cash in on the one item that allowed them their 15 minutes of fame, it'd be a little shitty to have your career so thoroughly tied to it that it's all you're ever known and the rest of your professional acting career dwindles considerably in comparison.

But fuck it. Money over everything.

Frankly I'm just surprised that during this whole SJW fad with black people getting awards and female superheros, you can even get a movie made thats whole premise is making fun of a legitimately mentally ill guy.

So like the guys in Best Worst Movie?

>alt right pussies cry about literally everything

It looks shitty.

>quality post production editing

Are you retarded? It looks shit and he couldn't even be bothered doing the tracking