Will romance comics ever make a comeback?

Will romance comics ever make a comeback?

Daredevil what the fuck are you doing?

I feel that, much like Horror comics and High-Fantasy/Sword and Sorcery comics, Romance as a genre was just one of the casualties of the Comics Code.

You'll see occasional niche works in any of those from time to time, sure, but unless something huge and unprecedented happens I think in the United States cape comics will never stop being the mainstream comic book

The problem is that even outside of capes most popular stuff is more of the same. Just action books.

Probably not in a significant way. Young girls who were the target audience are reading Japanese comics or watching Korean dramas. Even outside of that the last big thing was Twilight and sine then it's been dystopian YA fiction and superheroes on The WB.

Giving Freud a field day, considering his fucking mom is a nun

Apparently KFC colonel corp is a thing now
So why not young love again

There's a lot of indie stuff about romance and relationships, but it tends to be more introspective or autobiographical rather than calculated to make the heart flutter.

Fuck that's such a cool cover.

Does swinger mean the same thing as what I think it mean?

girls pay good money to see nicholas sparks style romantic movies like the notebook and dear john, why don't they make comics like that?

Probably not, I think they mean swinger as in "cool guy" not as in "we openly fuck around" because if that were the case she'd be cool with it. That or the book is kind of sad since it's about a girl that lets a guy cheat on her because she's too afraid to tell him she doesn't like it.
Because they already get it in book and movie form. I mean people like capeshit movies if they wanted it in comic form they'd get comics wouldn't they?

Maybe gay romance comics. A lot of girl readers (straight or gay) seem pretty interested in gay love stories, as you can see from all the slash fic, and it would be an opportunity to do all the romance stories they couldn't do in the '50s.

The idea that comics are for children and manbabies is too deeply ingrained for normie girls (or even most slightly nerdy girls) to ever read them.

Hell, I would love all these fantasy, horror, SoL and especially romance comic books to come back

t. shoujo manga reader tired of its repetitiveness

fuck off Sup Forumsmblr

How about they come back right now?

I really like the art in this one.

Quiz time, Do you ask too much of him?

>Will romance comics ever make a comeback?
I think girls just go straight to yaoi these days.

Anybody reading?
I could do Cowgirl Romances #9

Shoujo manga already basically feels the hole.

There's a Weird Romance book or whatever currently, but its blase tumblr lesbians holding hands and all that nonsense.

Shoujo romances are generally terrible.

Holy crap that last panel is botched

I love romance manga so why not romance comics. Archie has good romance as well.

>Will romance comics ever make a comeback?

No and thank god for that because the writers we have in the industry these days have no idea how to write a romance.

What about Marjorie Liu?

Reading.

Well Sup Forums, what do YOU think Chuck and Margo should do? Keep in mind it's 1971.

>I'm not giving the weaker sex (physically and mentally) anything it doesn't deserve

i am genuinely surprised this managed to get published in a romance mag, even if it's a joke

Move to another town, bleach her hair, tell everyone she's a black albino?

Does "physically and mentally" refer to the weaker sex or what he's giving them?

Probably both.

Mix the romance with another genre: supernatural, mystery, spy thriller, war story, etc, but keep the focus on the romance while the plot is secondary (but ideally still there).