Baby

What does Sup Forums think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a pretty terrible movie desu.

“Baby Driver” seems, above all, like the film of a smart kid who has grown up and, having found popularity, has learned to dress his movies better and breeze through campus with a good word for everyone. (This desperate need to be liked, and its digital-media-centricity, made for the very subject of Wright’s daringly conceived and imaginatively realized 2010 film, “Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.”) Though filmed on location in Atlanta, the movie is textureless; the city seems plasticized and simulated by the carefully planned yet plain and uninflected images. The two moments when Wright’s cinematic juices seem to flow are two moments of violence. One—showing, in a wink, an impalement—is the closest thing to gore that that film offers; the other, an agonizingly slow, if obvious, resolution to a climactic conflict, is its closest thing to sadism, to delight in injury and death. These moments suggest that Wright might really get off on some heavy Tarantino-esque or Peckinpavian violence, if only he’d let himself go.
Wright doesn’t let himself go, but his movie has still satisfied critics who are in love with the idea of Hollywood providing something that’s not based on a superhero franchise, providing something that, with its retro soundtrack and retro cleanness, reminds them of a Hollywood that no longer exists—even if some of its luminaries certainly do. Great directors of the New Hollywood of the seventies—an age when the studios put big money into ambitious filmmakers’ wide-release movies—are still working, with independent financing, lower budgets, and more limited releases, but more daringly and originally than ever; along the way, they have outrun the critics who love their early stuff best. The nostalgia of “Baby Driver” is more than a celebration of the past; it’s a repudiation of much of the best and most original filmmaking of the present day.

It's shit.

kinda overrated desu. song selection was super lame too

It's great

his gf is so hot tbvh

>Elliot joins a gang
It wasn't that good. Edgar Wright's only good films were The World's End and Hot Fuzz.

bretty good, definitely Wright's worst film but it was fairly entertaining and some scenes were really well made

Was very underwhelmed considering all the favourable reviews

I never thought someone would have a more punchable face than Miles Teller.

I was expecting better but it was okay.

Really great intro to the movie that serves to effectively introduce the audience to what they're watching. Basically if you don't like the first 5 minutes you won't like the rest of the movie, seriously if you find it boring or uninteresting in those first few minutes you may as well leave the cinema.

i liked the song selection and everything else but the way they gave baby a nice ending sucked ass. gf stays loyal while hes in prison, he gets his ears fixed and gets out 5 years later on good behaviour to fuck his waifu. its clear by the end of the film that baby is a huge asshole and didnt deserve any sympathy or happiness, so why give him one?

A movie I wanna see for its concept with music

So very close, but blew the last part.

>If you don't do this job, I'm going to break your fucking legs and maybe kill your girlfriend and Godfather
>also you'll get 100% of your profit
Ok, so Baby has two motivations to do this heist. Safety, and enough money to take care of his Godfather and go across the country with Deborah. But he'll need to eventually kill Doc to truly be free of him.

>Bats murders the gas station clerk over gum, starts a shootout at the weapons pickup, then tries to murder Baby's GF at a diner
>Baby, Buddy, and Darling lie for Bats despite everyone present having reasons to want him dead
Alright, so Baby is forced into doing this job. Bats might kill him if he refused, and Doc can just threaten him into doing the next one anyway. He should probably team up with Buddy and Darling to take out Bats after the heist and then find a way to kill Doc.

>Baby tries to leave during the night, gets caught
>they go to his house, assault his Godfather, and steal all his retard tapes
>Doc still lets Baby do the heist despite proving to be a massive liability
I have no idea why he fucking did this and need someone to explain it to me. Was he trying to bail? Why, Doc knows where he lives? If he wanted to run away, why not just do that before? Did he want to sic the police on them while they're sleeping or some shit, and hope Doc doesn't use his implied contacts to bump him?

Shit is starting to go full retard.

>Baby kills Bats on the heist
>fucks over Buddy and Darling too for no real reason
>Buddy goes to the diner specifically to kill Deborah, murders a cop in cold blood
>Deborah is completely cool that her boyfriend is responsible for this and agrees to try to escape a fleet of cops and a professional killer with him
I can buy young lovers eloping but this is a little too much. She doesn't even get upset or ask any questions, she's just 100% on board with Baby, who she now knows has assisted criminals in a string of robberies and murders. It's a movie but damn.

>Baby goes to Doc
>The man specifically responsible for threatening Baby into doing the heist in the first place
>Doc is completely cool with Baby personally ruining the heist
1st motivation to do the heist gone
>Baby tries to trade his heist money for the tapes
2nd motivation to do the heist gone

>Baby goes to jail and gets out early
When committing a crime, you get charged with everything your fellow criminals do. Baby would get murder, assault, resisting arrest, grand theft auto, robbery, robbery with a vehicle, etc. He would get prison for life.
If the last half wasn't total shit I could easily forgive this but fuck, Baby is a stupid faggot and deserves the chair.

>tfw the autist sperg fucks everything up

i liked it

>Sup Forums wanted to be driver and ended up being an autistic freak: the movie

pretty comfy but it dragged hard in the 3rd act

still better than most marvel movie.

>Bananas.

what the fuck is he wearing?

jamie foxx ruined it
killed the flow of the movie

Why did Kevin Spacey even hire someone so unstable?

Now this is Autism 101

i wasn't as wowed as i wanted to be but i feel like i am judging it more harshly than most movies because it is slightly better than most.

i took issue with the dancing protag + old popular songs thing... i felt like i knew what kind of cool character he was trying to make but the movie took a while to make me "get on board" being okay with that. took a while to win me over. at first, it just seemed sort of hipsterish or pretentious... and ansel's bad dancing was a bit distracting.

the movie changing midway to make jon hamm the villain sort of seemed weird.

also the end with kevin spacey just helping them out because 'i was in love once' was odd.

at about the halfway point when he got rid of his debt to kevin spacey, i thought 'huh, this would be a good time for the movie to end... i mean what else can happen?'

overall okay, so better than most movies that come out.

for a movie about a driver and car scenes, there sure was not that much focus on crazy car stunts or actual driving imo.

anyway this was probably the movie that 95% of people who went to go see drive expected.

also the end with him getting caught and then parolled after 5 years... wut? why bother making him get caught at all if she's just going to wait for him and he's going to get out for good behaviour 20 seconds after he's sentenced just before the movie ends?

great movie. on the original viewing, i thought the final act dragged too, but after seeing it again, it was a lot smoother. i feel like they killed bats early for shock value because everyone was expecting him to be the final villain.

buddy going crazy did make sense IMO and doc didn't really have a change of heart like many are saying. they get off the elevator and he is the only one with a gun, so he tells baby/deb to run and he'll take them out. then he gets run over by buddy. he didn't sacrifice his life like a lot of people are saying

Wright's only good movie

Nigga looks like Cersei Lannister

>no argument

>also the end with kevin spacey just helping them out because 'i was in love once' was odd.
Baby had been under Doc's wing for quite a long time, Doc probably served as some messed up father figure for him, I think he genuinely liked the kid.

>genuinely likes Baby
>"Oh, you found a cute girl and want to elope? No fuck you you're going to drive for me for the rest of your life or I'll maim you and disfigure her"
>"Also I told Bats where your defenceless Godfather lives"

i'm not sure that justifies him suddenly giving up his life on a whim for baby while denying him 20 seconds earlier, in the last scene...

the justification also is just insulting

i thought that was pretty piss poor and stupid desu

youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
mediocre and overrated

fun flick, not bad by any means, but not anything innovative or thought provoking.

Good for killing a few hours

he doesn't give up his life though. he kills those three guys when they leave the elevator because they would have killed him and he tried to kill buddy because he probably would have tried to kill doc too

looks like a cenobite

It was good, so Sup Forums hates it.
But based Armond liked it, so Sup Forums loves it.

Baby Driver was not very good.