Why the fuck are people praising this trash!...

Why the fuck are people praising this trash!? It was heavenly carried by the sound track and nothing happened for about 90% of the film.

Because it was an awesome idea executed well. And yes, the soundtrack was good.

never trust modern indie/art-house horror movies that have a high RT score. 9 out of 10 times the movie ends up being shit.

You're right! There should have been like 1 billion fucking monsters. They all fucking sprint at you at once. ALSO THEYRE FUCKING DEMONS AND SHIT! THAT CAN FUCKING FLY! AND THEN THERES A TERMINATOR SEND BACK IN TIME TO FUCKING STOP THEM! HOLY SHIT THAT WOULD BE BETTER!

Soundtrack was great.......and that was about it. Movie was really underwhelming

>nothing happened for about 90% of the film.

Hello target audience for jumpscares!

Because horror movies generally suck so bad that when one that is even halfway decent comes out people overrate it like hell.

it was a shit tier idea

>Because horror movies generally suck so bad that when one that is even halfway decent comes out people overrate it like hell.
This. Especially when half the posters make it look like "le 80s" shit

It's one of the best coming of age films disguised as horror ever.

This

The plot felt like a low quality creepy pasta.

I agree, i was pretty disappointed when i finally watched it. Its a high concept movie with nothing much going for it except the concept itself. Photography was good but nothing outstanding. Acting sucked all across the board. Whole movie was an stylized attempt to combine arthouse, horror and nostalgic elements, but failing at being any of hem.
The whole ending at the pool was so fucking stupid, you can tell the screenwriter didn't know how to end this shit.
Also the main boy looked like he was dying of AIDS.

this, desu

it is absolute trash with a stupid camera gimmick

>nothing happened for about 90% of the film
This is such a stupid fucking critique. And I personally like more minimalist horror films that aren't overly convoluted. When a film adds too much just for the sake of a cheap jump scare it makes it seem superficial and overdone.

>they will never make a proper skin walker flick based on user's camping with bros story

/thread
only absolute plebs shit on It Follows
I bet OP liked The Babadook

>Whole movie was an stylized attempt to combine arthouse, horror and nostalgic elements, but failing at being any of hem.
I thought it did this part well enough. Keeps the film in nowhere dream land. The pool was in line with how kids think of solutions to ideas: they over complicate matters.

What was wrong with The Babadook? It, like It Follows, is a film primarily about characters moving on from something. It Follows the characters were moving on from childhood and coming to terms with death. In The Babadook the characters were moving on from the death of a lover, and the consequences of ignoring the feelings that come from loss.

pleb.

>The Babadook
Now that was fucking trash.

>build up monster for entire film
>yell at monster
>end

I think it got too caught up in its own metaphor. It Follows works well on the surface as well as as a metaphor for adulthood/STDs. I think Babadook only works well as the metaphor. Also, somehow It Follows is comfy while Babadook is incredibly grating.

Just something new and different then most horror movies these days. Didn't rely on jump scares or gore to make it good.

>Now that was fucking trash.
How?
>end
Well yeah. You can't kill loss. The same way in It Follows you can't kill death. You accept these things. The Babadook has the "accept" part played a bit melodramatically so I can see why you'd dislike it.
>Also, somehow It Follows is comfy while Babadook is incredibly grating.
Well yes it's supposed to be. She hasn't moved on from her husband's death. She's putting it at the back of her mind instead of really confronting it. It's affected how she raises her son, how she interacts with others, all of it.
>I think Babadook only works well as the metaphor.
Is that not fine? I can understand if you dislike the film for this, but that's not an inherent negative.

It's worth watch. God forbid anyone enjoy and want to talk about a modern movie that's slightly above average.

>build up monster for entire film
>yell at monster
>end
Can you be anymore of a pleb?
The monster was her sorrow, you cunt.

>nothing happens
>weird beat kicks in
>loud soundtrack kicks in once the monster is in view
>silent after the encounter
this shit is literally every trash horror game.

Maika is my waifu, that's why.

Man, The Guest is so underwatched/underdiscussed.
WAAAAY better than It Follows.

I liked The Guest too, but it's not on the same level. It's pretty hammy.

You get more out of It Follows if you play close attention to it. There are some things I picked up on the second viewing that I hadn't noticed the first time.

>think the monster is pyschological
>lol nope, its just invisible (irrelevant the moment they figure out they can just throw blankets and shit over it)

>can disguise itself as anything
>lol nope, just disguises itself has hideous disfigured bodies (except for literally one time in the movie)

can't believe i fell for the meme that this movie is any different than other horror shlock, because its not, and yes it does have jumpscares too

/k/ innawoods stories are better than 99% of horror movies. I miss skinwalker stories

Lol.

Me and a buddy saw it in theaters and both agreed it was total shit.

STD ghost ruined it for me. The ghost itself was an interesting idea but I feel like they could have tied the ghost to something else other than sex. Everything other than the concept was below average imo.

>main character is a fucking female and she's worried about the sex ghost

Garbage movie

I am honestly starting to believe that virginity is the main reason a lot of people dislike this movie. If you never have sex, the concept would never be scary to you.

Sup Forums only liked it because it was suburban teenage white girl simulator that they all wished they had the balls to be part of when they were younger.

Pretty sure virgins would be happy about slutty Stacies and Chads getting axed by a ghost. Nice try though

> he hasn't fucked enough people to even contemplate the idea of an STD and thus doesn't get the movie

This guy gets it.

I've criticized this movie on here before, but it only gets met with the usual garbage "lel autism" no-thought replies. The entity had rules that they learned through encounters with it, and they never used those rules to their advantage. The movie quickly turns into "How would I handle this situation?" flick because the characters ignore all possibilities presented to them.

Teen girls being slutty is not what draws me to a movie. But for people who like that kind of that, that's the kind of thing those people like.

Sex has consequences, completely independent of any moral/religious bullshit. Pregnancy, std's, it can break up relationships or prolong them. Sometimes you have sex unexpectedly and spend an extended period of time worrying about consequences. Sometimes they come when you least expect it. Really not a stretch to see what that guy is talking about.

>being a fucking whore or fucking a whore
you deserve rape

They do use the rules to their advantage though. After beta boy recognizes that it's tangible, they bring a blanket to deal with it. Upon realizing that it walks slowly, the put distance between themselves and it to form plans. After realizing it survives gunshots, they try to kill it another way.

I'd love to hear your plans with how you would deal with it. inb4 "just travel across the ocean" which isn't something high schoolers can feasibly do.

I agree but I guess I interpreted that as the fact that they were kids, not adults. Many kids are ill equipped and unprepared for challenges they might face or adversity they might encounter

I'm not a virgin since like 7 years ago and i still found it shit.
The concept is cool, the story and characters are garbage, that's the downfall of the movie. Technically it's flawless, i'll give you that.

Weren't they college students tho?
I remember in one part it says the blond bearded guy that passed it onto her was 21.

Name some horror movies from the past 10 years with good characters

Moral of the story: Fuck your old beta boyfriend instead of the cool kid or a chad or else you will get an STD or die
Writer and director confirmed for cucked

>I'd love to hear your plans with how you would deal with it.
Call the police. This thing doesn't care who's around; it's mindless with a single goal. It's invisible, but it exists physically. Throw paint on it. Throw a blanket on it, police will believe you. I'd be interested in seeing how they'd react to it. There's an interesting premise.

I'm not into horror concepts being thrown into the garbage for the sake of presenting a dilemma of "Oops, I guess I have to fuck my friend now."

god damnit op now i have to go watch this

The VVitch
The Guest
The Skin i Live in
Don't Breath
Goodnight Mommy
I Saw the Devil
The Loved Ones (It Follows actually owes a lot from this one)

hell i would even throw The Conjurings in there

I'll give you I Saw The Devil. I haven't seen TLO or GM, but I would definitely not consider the others to have good characters. I mean, Don't Breathe, seriously? It's literally dumbass teenagers, even dumber than the ones in It Follows.

And the Conjuring, holy shit man. Even the "experts" in that movie were complete retards, devoid of personality

This.
The Babadook IS a metaphor, there is no real monster in the movie, nothing supernatural, what we see is just hallucination and metaphor, that's it. In It Follows, everything we see actually happens. That alone makes it far superior. Any movie where at the end they say "psych! nothing you just saw was real!" is absolute bullshit.

>It's literally dumbass teenagers, even dumber than the ones in It Follows.
At least they have more personality than [staring into nothing while synth pop plays].

Say what you want about the Warrens' decision making, but they have an emotional core in their relationship and that why those movies work.

Yeah, dude. Setting up a convoluted Scooby Doo trap in an indoor public pool in Detroit rather than seek help is hella cooler than grief, stress, and mental illness incarnate!

It literally is. Also by referencing Scooby Doo, I'm confident that you already know the writer/director's explanation for that scene, so there's no need to explain to you why your complaint is bad.

This.

You're an idiot.

My complaint is not bad. A group of 17-21 year old "kids" choosing that path over seeking any assistance what-so-ever is just plain stupid. They could have done a lot with that concept. It exists, you just need to get it in a position to reveal it around others. But instead, they do some inane bullshit to attempt to "kill" something invisible.

If you try to tell me the first choice you make upon discovering something INVISIBLE is trying to kill you is to lure it to an indoor swimming pool, then you're an idiot. At no point in the movie did they try to alert others upon discovering this entities "rules". And if you try to say there's some "meaning" or "reason" behind that, you can't then shit over the Babadook simply because the movie was presented as a metaphor, at the END of the movie. Start to finish, It Follows happened in the "real" world, and none of the characters acted like it was. It was in a little bubble between them. Fucking stupid.

>I remember in one part it says the blond bearded guy that passed it onto her was 21.
Nigga how dense are you? That was a crack at teenage girls riding college dick because they think it makes them appear "mature"

I mean, I get what you're saying. But it's easy to dismiss. The characters would have believed that the police wouldn't believe them, particularly since Jay mentioned this invisible monster to the cops as soon as Jeff revealed "It"'s presence to her. Personally, I think a government vs. "It" movie would be boring. I am able to suspend my disbelief for this, maybe you aren't, which is fine. It's a valid reason to dislike the movie.

It's worth watching for this.

Really?

For seeing an attractive woman in a bra? Are you fucking 14?

>attractive
Are you 14?

fag detected

For seeing *an* attractive woman? No. For seeing *that* attractive woman? Yes.

Also: the rest of that scene is very good. It was a great introduction to the creature if you can call it that.

based user

You'd have to be a huge faggot or a numale teenager to find this flick good.
It was laughable to the point where i thought it might have been a horror comedy like The Cabin in The Woods.

Anytime i see someone recommending this shit i hide their post/thread.

It's disgusting.

She is a CA 6, brodie, unless you live in some inbreed town she is pretty average.

>brodfe
lel, faggot

>Everyone has the same opinions
>brodie

Chyeah brah such a ratchet bitch

It was a good idea that could have been done well but was ruined by the stupidest characters imaginable.

>hmmm, shooting it in the face with a gun doesn't work. oh I know! lets gather up every electrical appliance in the city and try to fucking shock it while it's in an olympic size swimming pool.

That's what i keep saying. There's a weird obsession with making the characters not say anything and give weird looks at each other.

It's easily the best horror movie of 2010s. It even transcends its genre.

>STD ghost xd
The movie is not even about sex.

More like "Shit" Follows, amirite?

Maybe Transformers is more your speed.

This would have satisfied millenial OCD/ADHD/autism.

>It's easily the best horror movie of 2010s
lel, fucking kill yourself numale scum