Anyone mind explaining why this is being universally lauded? I'd say it's a 6.5 at most

Anyone mind explaining why this is being universally lauded? I'd say it's a 6.5 at most.

>poor characterization outside of Maurice and Caesar
>villain is a hamfisted trope (LITERALLY has a bundle of sticks on his desk resembling the Roman fasci, could you be more obvious)
>way too much time focused on snore inducing prison shit
>fuselage that conviently blows up the entire base right behind main Gates (???)
>Caesar dies of his wounds as soon as he gets to wherever they journied too cliche bullshit
>little girl somehow learns sign language in a matter of days with a regressing IQ probably around 50 (90% sure she was just a symbol for innocence and love with no other purpose)

I must say though the movie was visually incredible and almost all of the actors played their parts near perfectly

>Caesar dies of his wounds as soon as he gets to wherever they journied too cliche bullshit
Thanks mate

What are you on about? Rise is and still is seen as the weakest of the 3 films. If there's any praise coming for it recently, it's because of contrarians, but the film has always had a mixed reception.

The most bullshit reason being "LOL! IT HAS JAMES FRANCO IN IT! HOW CAN IT BE GOOD?!"

Shit. For some reason I thought the logo was rise from the thumbnail.

I didn't bother to read your post past the first line

My points still stand when it comes to rise

It happens senpai

Caesar did the bundle of sticks thing in Rise, remember? It was a call back to that you Sup Forumstard

it turns to shit after the assasination attempt. the colonel did nothing wrong.

>built a wall for a retarded reason
>used highly intelligent apes as slaves instead of massacring them
>didn't shoot ape jesus on sight

he did plenty wrong

Not a Sup Forumstard, forgot about the stick thing you're talking about

Other points still stand

No problem the movie isn't worth it honestly just pirate it when it comes out

I love the retards who thought this movie was going to be 2 hours of explosions and apes fighting humans because they got baited by the trailer

It is the ultimate pleb filter

He did it in Dawn too. There's a whole fucking scene in War where the Apes look at Caesar doing the shit he's been teaching them.

i mean his motivation. tactically he made terrible decisions.

>pls put fuel depot at main fortification xd

Shitposters stupid

Dawn > Rise > War

I was expecting an actual War not just POW camps

Thanks for the spoiler fucktard.

Practically everything is universally lauded nowadays. This, Homecoming, Castlevania (Netflix show), GLOW. Some of these are good, and some are bad, but holy shit all over the place you here "GOAT! My new favorite x!"

I think it's young people, they have no critical or analytical abilities.

>spider cucks trying to shit on this movie because it's wiping the floor with them

Planet > Dawn > Escape > Beneath > Conquest > Burton > Rise > War > Battle

so you're a retard who took the trailers at face value

good job

True Power Rankings. You cannot refute this. If you do, you're probably from Reddit.

Rise = Dawn = War

I liked them all. Fuck you

>I come into a thread about a movie I haven't seen and get mad when people talk about what happened in it

Great music in this

no surprise it was Michael GiaKINO

I agree with this but thought they all had potential but ended up 6/10

I thought the score was amazing too

the movie was stupid and i stopped listening to reviews since this year all the good review movies i've seen have either been shit or forgettable. meanwhile some shitty movies that were reviewed pretty bad were kind of entertaining. not great, but not as bad either.

at the end of the day, maybe reddit will cheer for the apes but my ass is a human and i'm going for the humans. don't care how bad of a character woody harrelson plays.

i like Caesar, but the whole movie was more or less nothing. nothing really needed to happen.

You're a complete moron

I think this was probably Giacchino's best work, but I would not use great or amazing to describe it

Why? Cause it wasn't hans zimmer?

JUST got back from this and wow this was a piece of shit, 1 min of mild shooting then 2 hours of ape escape. War more like bore. Also got jewed on the 3D which this movie contained non of but Im not surprised. I liked the first movie but damn they dropped the ball with this.

it's not

No it isn't. you're just a retard who thinks any film that isn't Michael Bay levels of chaotic is kino. You're no better than reddit trash.

kino taste. seriously what the fuck was this cliche-ridden trash.

>at the end of the day, maybe reddit will cheer for the apes but my ass is a human and i'm going for the humans. don't care how bad of a character woody harrelson plays.

This has been my problem with a lot of the franchises films. I can't root for the side that ends up with my species enslaved.

>>little girl somehow learns sign language in a matter of days with a regressing IQ probably around 50
The virus didn't make people stupid, it only stopped them from talking. Woody realized this after he caught it and wanted to kill himself because he realized he killed his son for nothing.

Genuinely makes me sad that people like you exist, who think two hours of explosions makes for a good movie. You're the reason they keep making capeshit