What are Sup Forums's thought on Image Comics? Do they have any good books? Kirkman's OCs, Chew, Fatale...

What are Sup Forums's thought on Image Comics? Do they have any good books? Kirkman's OCs, Chew, Fatale, Deadly Class and some other titles I don't recall at the moment aside Becouse I've tried to read most of their stuff since ~2011 and it always turns to be mediocre-to-utterly-shitty book with promising idea behind it.

So what do you think, what do you read?

I think Image has some great comics coming out right now

She Wolf
Rumble
Pretty Deadly
Prophet Earth War
Island

You also have stuff like Dark Corridor, The Nameless, Head Lopper, and The Humans that's all very recent and finished

Only thing I've been reading from Image currently is the Fix, which is great.

I ocassionally read something from them that isnt the walking dead.

I read Beauty if that counts, the first 6 issues are good after that you can drop it.

The Humans was cancelled, wasn't it?

They finished the 10 issues they set out to do, but I believe said they may do more if they feel like it.

Invisible Republic is really good, I also like Manifest Destiny and Wytches even though it is never going to be finished, and they're putting out Stray Bullets now which is one of the best crime comics ever. You can also check out the Wally Awards for some recommendations, they're a fan voted award for Image titles, that have been going on for a long time.
There's another arc which is going to prison-based.

A girl friend of mine talks about Wicked and Divine like its the second coming of christ.

>There's another arc which is going to prison-based.
okay good. I wasn't sure if they were just going back to the small press scene making more comics about Henry Rollins and Danzig

I couldn't get into it at all, but I'm also just not a music person

Rumble
The Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw
Nowhere Men
Black Road
The Discipline
Mirror
Prophet
Cry Havoc
From Under Mountains
She Wolf

That's what I'm reading from them currently, they've got good books and bad books just like any other company. Just pick artists and writers you enjoy.

Bottom 5 worst series Image has ever released:
5. Bomb Queen
4. Alex + Ada
3. ODY-C
2. The Wicked + The Divine
1. Shadowhawk

Definitely going to pick this up when the trade comes out. Does it look like Spencer has a plan for it or is it shaping up to be an asspull comic like Morning Glories?

Cant believe any hasnt said descender yet. That shit is gold.

I like it a lot
It's weird though, is it just me or does it feel like it's already ending soon?

Prophet
The Fade Out
Manifest Destiny
Tokyo Ghost

No Kill or Be Killed storytime yesterday, did anybody read it? How was it?

Fraction and Gillen are overrated. Being Silvestri is suffering.

Let's find out

>Silvestri
I mean Valentino

So is this Brubaker's Holy Terror or what

Right now I'm reading:
Paper Girls
Saga
The Autumnlands

And I'm interested in:
Black Science
Birthright
Deadly Class
Low
Wolf

but they're all a few issues (or trades) in, and shit costs money, yo (if i'm gonna read indie, I wanna support the official release).

Low is ending soon I think, so I'd start with that.

This is pretty different from the other Brubaker I've read

I really want a good book to come out about 90's Image and how the founders were always competing and sometimes stealing from each other. Valentino got jacked pretty good by Jim Lee when Lee basically stole away Alan Moore to work on ABC at Wildstorm

Neat.
I think I will, then

Yeah you can piece bits together here and there but we need a book that really puts it all in one place and blows it all up.

>when Lee basically stole away Alan Moore to work on ABC at Wildstorm
That's when Liefeld's Awesome is dying and WS was acquired by DC.

It's a pretty great book, beautiful art. And the characters don't have their heads wedged firmly up their asses like many Remender books.

Intermission, need food.

This book is pretty cool, especially when you realize the protagonist is Peter Parker

No it was before that, Alan Moore wrote a bunch of WILDC.A.T.S. which all came about when Jim Lee said he wanted to draw the last issue of 1963 so he got the job, but then he never delivered, then Liefeld left the company so the whole thing had to be rewritten, but Jim had already established a relationship with Moore so they just did something else

Low is pretty as fuck but lacks subtlety

Black Science is way more fun

Liefeld brought Moore with him, continuing his Supreme run at Maximum Press and Awesome. After that Moore established ABC at Wildstorm.

>about 90's Image and how the founders were always competing and sometimes stealing from each other.

You mean like this?

Tumblr Pandering as fuck.

Turns out the makers of the comic dictate the quality and not the company publishing them. Weird.

Ideal Image is more shit with real comic makers like Island and less Marvel bros on vacation.

Youngblood is just a series that just wont die.

Back

Only two Image-published things I've gotten lately are the Mike Allred Madman TPBs and The Humans. Both of which I'm loving.

Yes, I know, Madman's from Dark Horse, I think? But at least the TPBs contain the Hellboy/Savage Dragon crossover/cameo books.

I mostly think they're 2edgy4me, but I like Lazarus.

Now it's getting cray cray

I can't decide if the demon looks stupid or creepy yet.

Okay, well I liked that. I'm glad to see this team doing something other than noir. But it didn't feel half-assed, like "everybody's saying all we do is crime comics, let's do something else". It's actually fresh and interesting, it feels like it's something they probably needed to do for a while.

I'll post this other junk too

I need to see this movie

most of my pull list is Image at this point

East of West
Nailbiter
Black Science
Outcast
Birthright
Autumnland
Descender
Injection
Tokyo Ghost
Black Magick
Ringside
The Fix

The worst thing about Image is that so many books start but some just suffer from massive delays or are effectively canceled due to whatever shenanigans the writer or artist go through

Who is that big, burly,clawed dude on the right? The one that looks like an Edgelord Hulk.

Pitt, by Dale Keown
He was one of the earliest Image books not created by one of the founders. It's funny you say he looks like the Hulk because in true early Image fashion, Keown was a Marvel expat and had just come off a Hulk run. Just like Lee, Liefeld and Silvestri all had comics like X-Men and McFarlane and Larsen had comics that were kind of like Spider-Man, he did one like the Hulk.

>50 dollars for a broken arm
well fuck, i wanna live and try kill myself where he does!

>edgelord hulk
>bro, thats just monster girl, its an old picture
oh, THAT edgelord hulk
well, forest for the trees and all that

Thanks for the story time. I kind of like how pathetic the MC is, even after he accepts the demon's offer. Im interested where this will go.

I liked Wytches and Black Magick, but those are both on hiatus for a while now. At least they both seem to be sincerely on an actual hiatus with timetables for their return instead Bedlam-esque hiatus.

I like the Fix, it's funny. And Prophet Earth War is more Prophet so obviously it's good.

Otherwise I've tried a lot of their new books and they just don't do it for me. Also not a fan of Kirkman or BKV's writing, so their longer books aren't something I'm interested in either.

Locke and Key was a great series. I also read a few volumes of Morning Glories but dropped it. I know Locke and Key is complete, don't know about MG.

Locke & Key is IDW.

Looks like it's time for you to comb through this thread and start learning more about Image.

>Yes, I know, Madman's from Dark Horse, I think?

It's jumped publishers twice. The first two minis were published by some small publisher, then Dark Horse picked up the first ongoing, the second ongoing and everything since has been published by Image

>Also not a fan of Kirkman or BKV's writing, so their longer books aren't something I'm interested in either.
Try Revival, it's excellent

Spawn (1992)
that's it

Read this just now not sure what to expect. Pretty cool, though.

Read Invisible Republic.

Remember when they made a time travel comic about 9/11 because JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS?

>they
What did you mean by this?

>Death Wish essay
Oh neato.
>By Devin Faraci
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I need to see this movie

You really should. The entire Death Wish series is quite fun. The first is a great, truly serious vigilante film that handles the subject with gravitas, the rest of them slowly and progressively turn sillier. Three is actually amazing as a shlocky 80s "one man against an over the top punk gang" action movie. Two, four and five are okay, but nothing particularly great like one and three. Two is basically first movie all over again, kinda boring, set in L.A., IIRC. But it's got Laurence Fishburn in one of his first movie roles. Five's super goofy and Bronson's basically got one foot in the grave but it's really fun and hilariously low budget. For some reason I can't remember anything about four.

I think I lost interest around #20. Just didn't seem to go anywhere.

It's too bad that the artists in Image all had such huge egos. Image coulda' shaped up to have a pretty cool shared universe.

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but I always loved The Walking Dead, it has the chicken nugget appeal I lean towards to.

prophet and prophet earth war are excellent and well worth reading. Sad the ride is almost over ;__;

Nice shit taste you got there.