Can we discuss this movie? Cause I've recently watched it and it was bloody great

Can we discuss this movie? Cause I've recently watched it and it was bloody great.

sure we can. as you say, it's bloody great.

I heard that apparently they were going to do it in CGI but Aardman made the ship and everybody from Sony and Aardman just ended up saying "fuck it. stop motion this whole thing."

it lacked the "punch" previous aardman movies had.

It was the funniest tho, IMO

I'm so sad it didn't do as well as it needed to.

It was alright. The two books it was based on were better, though.

Funny, that's like the opposite of Flushed Away.
Apparently this was what they wanted to do instead but Dreamworks was all nah, nobody cares about pirates.

>nobody cares about pirates
That can't be right.

didn't everyone die at the end?

Yes, publically hanged for the crime of piracy. It was a surprisingly dark ending for a children's film.

I find it weird that the main characters weren't heroic at all. The scientist guy was portrayed as the bad guy even though he was right.

I found it a bit shitty that they changed the title from "The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!" to the ridiculously generic "Pirates: Band of Misfits" for the American release. Apparently they felt that if those inbred banjo playing yanks heard the word 'scientist' in the title, they'd clamber off their tractors and grab all their cousin-uncles and sister-mothers to go burn down movie theaters and screech about 'MUH CHRISTIAN COUNTRY'. Or something like that, the point is the word 'scientist' is apparently forbidden in America.

Seriously man, take a nap or something

Needed more of Cutlass Liz.

Totally overlooked, and there's not much to complain about, so you won't see many threads about it (or other Aardman movies).

Never saw it but the trailers looked great. Should I?

>Claymation will outlive hand-drawn animation

I like how instantly the Pirate Captain forgives him for pulling a gun on him after he realizes it's to impress a girl.

Never thought I'd see Charles Darwin portrayed as a sort of bad guy, but hey, then this movie happened.

The Queen was sexier.

Clearly we need art of the queen domming the fuck out of her.

I remember when this came out. Took my younger brother to see it and had a surprisingly good time.