Who wants to start a religion around this guy?

Who wants to start a religion around this guy?

I'm surprised no one has done any comic dumps of this series. Reading the summary about it makes it sound like the most batshit thing ever written.

Hello, summer child.

Just because you weren't there for them, doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Well, he already did in the comic.

Okay, not so much a religion as a youth movement. But that is basically one step away.

That epilogue where it turns out Fletcher was a wife beating drunk dead beat dad was the best part.

Didn't he die penniless and alone, like for real?

He died frozen on a bench.

He was also way older then most other comic cheaters at the time. Jack Kirby and Stan Lee were in their early to mid 20s while Hanks was like in his 50s.

*creators not cheaters. My bad

Frozen, drunk, alone, and after a long period of being a nonperson due to his own stupid fucking choices.

I love Stardust and I wish someone had put Fletcher in his place when he could have still been made into a decent man by smacking him in the face with an ashtray like he was an uppity cunt. Because that's all he was: An uppity cunt that y'all love for some reason.

A poertic death for a cold hearted person like him. Stardust would be proud.

>I'm surprised no one has done any comic dumps of this series.
I'm only on Sup Forums once in a blue moon and even I've been in Stardust dumps.

I love his stuff because it's so real. It's just a frustrated guy making these dumb bullshit comics in a time where comic books were new and untested enough that such weird shit could be printed by a major publisher. And it speaks to his imagination that he can take these omnipotent characters who are never challenged in any way and tell interesting stories with them. There is basically no one in comics today that could tell a good Stardust story.

The stories are bizarre enough that you could build a set of principles around them.

So are you also a fan of Hitler's landscape paintings?

I mean, seriously, I don't get it. The dude was a street level villain in real life, his work was purely a result of his failure to be a decent man, and nobody beat him down while the beatin' was good.

I've seen Stardust story timed once

Changed my life forever

the only thing interesting about them is how fucking insane they are, he's like the comics version of ulillillia, except with different neuroses

You can like or even love someone's artwork while still finding them a reprehensible person.

I love some Burzum albums, but that doesn't mean I condone Varg's neo-nazism or him murdering someone, or burning down churches.

His creator was a real icehole at the end.

I hate Hitler but like admire his painting
Just because a filthy human being doesn't mean you can't appreciate his art

Hence why I asked about Hitler's work, not Hitler. I actually agree with you and will take it further:

Having seen said paintings, I think they're not bad. Nothing spectacular, but if he'd set his sights at, like, painting postcards and shit, he would've probably been successful.

And everything else I just said about Fletcher applied to Hitler for most of his life.

stARLOS!

see
because every bit stands, including the knock regarding the quality of their work.

Is basically my opinion without fucking folks around.

They're public domain. So they're actually pretty easy to access.

Do all his villains have severe underbites?

So, Stardust is basically some kind of cosmic horror that manifested itself as a wizarding superhero for every planet in the universe?

Mostly, yes.

Most of them, yes. Fletcher Hanks is pretty distinctive in his character design - villains are grotesque snotgoblins, heroes are still grotesque but in a more handsome way. He also traced and reused art like a motherfucker.

I'd love to have one of his landscapes, but the man couldn't paint a person for his life.

no no, you had write the first time