"SUICIDE SQUAD" CAST AND DIRECTOR RESPONDS TO CRITICISM

Feel bad for them, Sup Forums.

>"I made the movie for real people who live in the real world. I made the movie for people who actually love movies and go and see movies. The movie’s a lot of fun and the fans are really going to enjoy this" - DAVID AYER

>"I think people had expectations that may have been different, but I’m excited for the fans to get to vote" - WILL SMITH

>"At the end of the day critical acclaim is really nice, but we made it for the fans. If the fans like it then we did our job" - MARGOT ROBBIE

>"Of course you want critical acclaim, of course, but what matters is what the fans think. We’re really proud of this film, we loved making it, everybody on the film has become really close friends and this is like a work of love and I hope the fans like it" - JOEL KINNAMAN

>"The critics have been absolutely horrific, they’re really, really horrible. You know, I just don’t think they like superhero movies. It doesn’t really matter what the critics say at the end of the day. It’s the fans that we made this movie for" - CARA DELEVIGNE

>"Yeah, I am bothered about it, I think it sucks, obviously we worked hard and tried to give the fans what they wanted. It’s weird that some of the criticism I heard was that it was "too much like a comic book", in terms of you have these characters being objectified like Harley Quinn, there are just certain elements that are just part of being a comic book. If you’re trying to portray that on a film, you have to stay true to that, because if you don’t, the fans of the comics are going to be offended.‘So the critics can kiss my ass" - JAY HERNANDEZ

metro.co.uk/2016/08/04/suicide-squad-cast-speak-out-about-those-terrible-reviews-the-critics-can-kiss-my-ass-6046955/

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2016/03/24/batman-v-superman-cast-responds-to-reviews
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kek

>Sup Forums

That's the most nothing response I've ever heard Ayer. Don't put the blame all on you but really shut up

>"The critics have been absolutely horrific, they’re really, really horrible. You know, I just don’t think they like superhero movies.

>You know, I just don’t think they like superhero movies.

Yeah.

That must be it.

The problem with their logic is that even if you're a fan the movie still sucks. Perhaps even moreso because you know Joker isn't supposed to be a juggalo.

>you have these characters being objectified like Harley Quinn

>Character is dressed in a thong and fishnets and spends the film bending over and sticking her ass in the camera

HOW DARE YOU OBJECTIFY HER, YOU SEXIST CRITIC!

>"Of course you want critical acclaim, of course, but what matters is what the fans think. We’re really proud of this film, we loved making it, everybody on the film has become really close friends and this is like a work of love and I hope the fans like it"

>The critics have been absolutely horrific, they’re really, really horrible. You know, I just don’t think they like superhero movies. It doesn’t really matter what the critics say at the end of the day.

>I just don’t think they like superhero movies

Except for almost everything Marvel's put out, and most of the X-Men movies, and the Nolan Batman movies, and even Snyder's Watchmen got decent reviews and they seemed to like 300 okay.

Yeah, complete conspiracy theory.

why are they having to be on the defense? WB is the one who's been ruining everything with a crayon & plastic scissors.

>You know, I just don’t think they like superhero movies.

>300
>superhero movie
ummm....

>>I just don’t think they like superhero movies
>Except for almost everything Marvel's put out,

That's because Marvel doesn't make superhero movies, they make quirky "lol such snarky quips" comedies.

The one time I actually want to see Jared Leto respond to something and he hasn't yet. Typical.

It's only hope at the moment is if they release a Director's Cut for what it was meant to be before all the panicked WB meddling

But comedies don't usually do well with critics either.

Sure kid

>Sup Forums
You faggots aren't even trying to hide it. I look forward to the day live action shit isn't as allowed here anymore. Which I know will never come.

>defending Age of Quiptron

Whatever you say, Joss old boy.

> I look forward to the day live action shit isn't as allowed here anymore
You mean...comic book movies shouldn't be allowed on the comic book board?

he did, he hopes the scenes that got deleted may one day surface (in the ultimate cut)

I'm not Joss user, he's to busy making AoS isnt canon shitposts

because most comedies are just shock humor trash
>"Dude! I can't french kiss my grandpa!"

"I made this make-believe comic book movie for real people who live in the real world."

>B-BUT IT'S FOR THE FANS

Just like Batman v Superman was right?

Hint: fans don't like shitty movies either

Did Ayer become Snyder?
Or is WB only hiring people with this mentality

>13 movies compared to 2
Could you possibly be reaching any more?

Rock Lee was clearly making stuff up on the spot.

But I wasn't defending AoU. I nearly fell asleep in the theater during a few of the scenes.

You painted all of Marvel the same as AoU, which is just not true.

Something people need to understand is that critics are biased in the sense that they judge the MCU as a brand and not individual movies. Individually you will find weak mediocre movies but because it has that brand they pardon the movie. Hernandez is right, in a sense.

It's truer than you like to admit.

>age of ultron is certified fresh
This alone completely removes any credibility RT has. Hell, it removes any credibility movie critics in general have. Age of Ultron was the single most garbage cape film I've ever watched, and in recent months I've watched MoS, BvS, all the X-men movies, Spiderman 3, and ASM2.

I have never seen a cape movie worse than AoU. I don't get what people have against Civil War, but AoU didn't have a single redeeming feature.

She's right you know. Critics think they know what a Superhero movie is supposed to be and they're too stubborn to admit that there could be some diversity here.

>"I made the movie for real people who live in the real world. I made the movie for people who actually love movies and go and see movies. The movie’s a lot of fun and the fans are really going to enjoy this" - DAVID AYER

So, can Ayer really be such a dumbass or is he just trying to save face/repeating what PR told him to say? I don't think i know him enough. Because as the director he experienced first hand how WB (at least partially) fucked the movie, he must've realized something was going wrong. Leto just admitted most of his work on the movie is gone, and the final cut was made by the trailer people for crying out loud!

How about it just being a bad movie, period?

>what people have against Civil war
That airport scene.

people complained over that?

I can't wait for actors to start turning down DC movie offers because they know it won't further their career.

>this is a Captain America movie!!1!

Well it was shit. Just really inorganic for me.

Jay Hernandez frequents Sup Forums or something?

Spaniards are the resident tough guys of any multiethnic motley crew. Do you even Hollywood, brah?

But it's not, period.

The fact that Thor 2 is at 66% and AoU is Fresh makes me really doubt the credibility of critics.

Only good thing in the movie was Robbie.
Leto was Tony Montana and Smith was Smith, not Deadshot.

If you really want to make it fair, we could compare the shittiest two Marvel movies against DC right now.

>Incredible Hulk-67%
>Thor: Dark World-66%

>Man of Steel-56%
>Batman v Superman-27%

Wow, guess you showed Marvel.

How about fuck you. We're seeing the audience reaction and it's largely positive so I guess RT and the critics are just wrong, period.

Or perhaps you're just a butthurt DC fan who can't seem to put enough ice on that rash.

>The Dark Knight trilogy: dark, serious, grounded, critics approve
>Most MCU movies: light-hearted, colorful, for all ages, critics approve
>Deadpool: daring, trashy, bloody, low budget, critics approve

Cape movies are as diverse as they've ever been, dude

Why do you guys still insist it must all be because critics/people can't accept more "serious" and dark movies? The Amazing Spiderman movies on paper were pretty much MCU-like, with that mindset how do you explain their critical shortcomings?

>implying I'm going to watch a movie where the only good female character is Amanda Waller
>the 3 other girls are either for eye candy or diversity

I'd prefer just Waller instead. I'm not a lesbian and I don't want to constantly see Harley/Enchantress assets everywhere.

>This much denial

It's OK, bro. Wonder Woman looks lit.

Wow Marvel is literally overrated.

Hahahaha, you pathetic little chump.

GOTHAM
O
T
H
A
M

VIENNA
I
E
N
N
A

>Daring and trashy
Not even. Van wilder was daring amd trashy. Deadpool was kitschy.

>Average rating for most of the Marvel movies are 6/10.
>Average rating for most of the DC movies are 5/10
WOW such a difference!

Well, you get what i meant

>Batman v Superman-27%
How is Batman v Superman so fucking low?
It was no where near that bad, holy shit.

>DCEU tanks
>Rebirth continues untouched since there's no reason to pander to normies

Isn't this what DC fags wanted? Weren't they mortally afraid of having their company become like Marvel?

aparently so if they're on suicide watch

Deadpool was just your typical "girl gets kidnapped, guy has to rescue her plot" story just with a new paint job. It's not really daring in that sense. Hell Ryan Reynolds admitted as such on Honest Trailers. It just so happened that it worked really well.

But you're the one in denial tho? I don't know why you insisting we put so much stock in the critics here buddy seeeing how a large number of them ain't shit.

>High 6s and 7s against low 6s and 5s

Yes, hm, quite.

DC butthurt is so delicious. I'm just getting my fill every day...

Who's on suicide watch?
Word of mouth has been good to suicide squad.

>gif
Looking forward to that race bended Harry that we're getting down the road.

TDK wasn't a superhero movie. Too grounded to be one on the critic's eyes at least.
>Realistic I believe the word was.

Closer to 7.04(Marvel) vs 5.4(DC)

But doesn't really matter to me.
I like what I like despite the critics of the world, stopped reading video game reviews years ago and never once read a movie review.
I don't need other people to tell me what to like.

>Bad movies get shit reviews
>B-BUT THE FANS WILL LIKE IT!

The damage control is ridiculous

Leto looking like the fucking wizard of Oz in this pic. Why is he such a fucking loser?

>Sup Forums
i like how every single response is basically "lol people who didn't like our movie arent fans and don't enjoy watching movies, normal people will love it xD". and then the movie gets released and everyone thinks it's shit, just like bvs.

I have to say I agree. Switch out all the Batman related stuff and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

It was in response to them saying they don't like superhero movies you retard.

>Thin Wall
>Ever good

He's mostly fronting a rock band.

Hey guess what?
>the fans are liking it

>>"Of course you want critical acclaim, of course, but what matters is what the fans think. We’re really proud of this film, we loved making it, everybody on the film has become really close friends and this is like a work of love and I hope the fans like it" - JOEL KINNAMAN

guy shouldn't be allowed to make movies after robocop

Its not about you liking it or not, its about how it faired as a whole and helps determine whether owning parties decide if its profitiable to continue those ventures.

Jesus people like you are stupid. "Hurr hurr me no let critics or reviews tell me wat to like, me stick it to the man me no sheeple". Its about performance, its not telling YOU what YOU need to like.

I think it worked because the goal of the film was really just to sell the audience on Deadpool as a character. You didn't need an overly complicated plot, just one simple enough for the main character to shine. In that sense, trying to sell a character like Deadpool, warts and all, was daring. If the character didn't sell, then it would have fallen flat on its face both critically and commercially.

>judging a movie based on how many good female characters it has
Fuck off feminist cunt, capeshit movies clearly aren't for you.

"fans"

I love how every single time, the response is "We made it for the people who don't think it's shit."

But I'm a fan of SS and I don't like this.

And people like you are just as bad.
Why should we give a damn about the monetary performance of companies?
But hey, you like what you like and I'll like what I like.

Isn't that what makes them fans?

What are "fans" in this context?
People who like the Suicide Squad comics, old or new?
Because that's a fucking small market to go after.

People who like the DCEU?
Because audience reactions for both movies haven't been great.

Jee its almost like if a company makes good movies that get good reviews and make money, they might continue to expand the franchise that you like and you get to see more of what you like.

If Iron Man had bombed do you think the MCU would be what it is now? Not saying I like or dislike the MCU, but if you're a huge fan of marvel and wanted more marvel movies you would direclty benefit from how well Iron Man did.

I can't base a movie on how good the characters are anymore?

Iron Man 1 was my favorite MCU movie, it kinda went down hill from there. Not horrible, mind you, but somewhere between Hulk and Iron Man 2 something changed. (Maybe something actually did, I really don't follow shit, so maybe I'm just ignorant there.)

Hot Topic

Now let's compare to BvS:

ew.com/article/2016/03/24/batman-v-superman-cast-responds-to-reviews

.“What is going to really matter, I believe, is what the audience says,” Henry Cavill said. “Because they’re the ones who are buying tickets, they’re the ones who want to see more of this kind of story, or not. So the audience’s voice is loudest, and after this weekend, the audience will at least partly have spoken.”

>Director Zack Snyder said he made the film based on the aesthetic of comic books he loves, “and I don’t know how else to do it, so it is what it is.” Amy Adams emphasized that they didn’t make the film “for the critics,” and Gal Gadot thinks Snyder did “fantastic work” bringing Superman and Batman together. Jesse Eisenberg doesn’t watch the movies he’s in, much less read reviews.

>“I don’t even watch the movies I’m in, I get very critical,” Eisenberg said. “So I don’t like reading stuff either. It’s distracting.”

They're missing Affleck's completely detached "I agree"

Yes, but my point is it doesn't matter what you as an individual likes. Lots of people out their really love the MCU, but my point stands that if the first movie bombed, then it would have likely affected the entire franchise.

So, if you like a franchise and would love to see more movies, its good for the movies to rake in cash and get reviews that spread it around. Not letting reviews or those pesky rotten tomaters % affect what you like is fine and all, but it generally good for the movie to do well on those fronts and it does reflect the general "feel" the movie is garnering.

They are also right more often than not with your average person.

I fucked up and forgot to include it.

>“I agree,” Ben Affleck added.

Do they still give out Razzie Awards? Eisenberg HAS to be a candidate with that Lex performance.

Nah, I don't think the acting was the problem. He's probably not the one who decided to make Lex a twitchy weirdo, he just acted it out.

What do you expect them to say? "Looks like our movie is shit; you probably shouldn't go and see it."

If you want honest opinions from creators at least wait until it's out on DVD. Or whatever the hell they're on these days.

So in short they made a 2 hour music video

It's just such a meaningless statement. It isn't even defending the movie.

People who wanted to see this movie, which includes fans of Ostrander's run.