Did he ever do anything wrong, besides trusting Shane?

Did he ever do anything wrong, besides trusting Shane?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0286486/faq?ref_=tt_faq_1#.2.1.23
youtube.com/watch?v=r2aINQduzqM
youtube.com/watch?v=lsDLkDmzhJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Giving up Ronnie

daily reminder that this bitch was the worst.

Just finished my Soprano marathon, thanks OP I know what to watch next

Women are the worst tbqh

I never like gardocki he always rubbed me the wrong way like he was an undercover fag

Murdering an innocent man, let alone a fellow Police Officer in the first episode is a bit questionable

Murdered a fellow officer. Betrayed two of his best friends.

If you came away from the show thinking of Vic as anything close to a decent person then you are retarded.

because decent people catch criminals?

Frank Semnoy did nothing wrong

are you actually retarded? im thinking exactly the opposite, the bitch was perfect for shane, loved him the best she could and shane was a great character too besides having his obvious flaws. I really loved these two.

>turns you against your boss
>eventually leading you to murder your friend
>threatens your boss's wife
>perfect

He picked on Dutch.

Best character desu

The whole point of the character was to show that he is more effective than anyone else. He uses questionable methods, but like Claudette says in the pilot, nobody cares if some nigger or some spic gets roughed up if it keeps the peace in a crime-ridden constituency.

The philosophy behind Vic's actions is linked with that of his predecessor, Joe Clark, and is summarised as "Always do more good than bad". Vic does some horrible things throughout the series, but he is also the best cop with the most important and numerous arrests. He takes out child rapists, drug lords and the fucking cartel itself. Catches that nobody else could get.

He also cares deeply about doing good even if it doesn't benefit him materially, like bagging the taxi king or beating up the father that beat his son regularly as they found out from the taxi bugs, even though everyone else would've turned a blind eye just to keep the operation going.

He is irreplaceable and he wants to do good, which are good qualities. He's also a survivor, which is an ambiguous quality as shown in the series, because it pushes him to do bad things as well. But in the end, he fulfilled his philosophical objective, to do more good than bad, at least in my opinion. And that's not really that bad, is it?

If you finished the show thinking that Vic is just the bad guy because le cop kill, then you are retarded. Tell that to all the people who would've died/suffered if not for Vic's actions.

He got played, he thought he had to save Corrine and the kids so he prioritized, he didn't know he was betrayed by them. I think the most likely scenario is he goes to save Ronnie any way he can after the finale since he's the only one he can save.

That time he killed a policeman in cold blood in episode 1.

The point was: most of those who commit evil are always thinking they're doing good. Vic always set a chain of events that corrupted everyone near him, he was a bad cop and he made everyone a worse person just by being around them. He killed the efforts of Rowlings, Aceveda, Kavanaugh and every person who wanted to change things for the better. And in the end, he only covered his ass, sold out his buddies which means he deserved to be shot by his own code of ethics. The last episode was just destruction of Vic and his web of lies.

fucker killed a cat, he deserved it

>But in the end, he fulfilled his philosophical objective, to do more good than bad
while making bank

You left out a pretty big part there buddy.

But would he have killed the cat if he hadn't been subjected to Vic's relentless bullying?

Vic truly did corrupt everyone around him, but they always followed. They weren't angels before joining the team, they always had a little Vic in them. But the show does well in showing that Vic is unique both in character and skill. He is at peace with who he is and he is the smartest of them all. He is the only one who can walk that line of moral ambiguity and scheming to keep the peace/catch a bad guy. When Shane tries to do it, he collapses.

Regarding his bosses, every boss Vic ever had was a hypocrite. Aceveda wanted to take him down to show that he wants to rip out the corruption from the PD, but uses him and collaborates with him at every turn. Rawlings tries to work with Vic and for a small period of time they are the most effective pair of cops in the whole show, could possibly be even better if Shane wasn't constantly fucking up. Claudette, for all her moralising, was also a hypocrite. When she got the goody two shoes replacement for Vic, she fired him herself after some time because she wanted him to have "a little Vic in him".

As for his buddies, Lem died because Shane was deranged, and most of all because of Mara, probably the most damaging character in the whole show for the moral compass of the strike team. She really was behind a lot of the bad that happened to Shane. Vic hadn't planned to sell Ronnie out, he simply had to because he picked his wife and kids over him, which is reasonable. If he knew about the betrayal, he would've probably run away with him or helped him escape. But yes, at the end of the day, it's Vic's freedom over everyone else. Everyone is like that, Vic's just honest about it to himself, which is why I said he's at peace with who he is. Which is why he picks up the gun and moves on to the next endeavor after he's lost everything.

long time since it watched it, but iirc the first serial killer they caught put the idea into his head.

Also BD release probably in the """near""" future

>change things for the better.
Oh please that feel good community policing bullshit. Its idealistic nonstarter with no basis in reality. Vic got results and saved lives.Nigs are gonna nig
He lost it all tho or most of it at least

He established himself on the street and got some bank out of it. He felt that he wasn't being rewarded enough by the higher ups who constantly snobbed him and used him when they had to appear effective but would discard him when they wanted to appear righteous and incorrupt. I say it serves them right that Vic got something more out of it.

The more interesting part is about its effect on the street. Vic often established peaceful monopolies of drug trade to keep the peace, and often stole and traded drugs himself to do that. While a crime in itself, I think Vic was right in predicting that this was the best course of action to keep the peace. You don't fight drug trade by taking out every drug dealer there is, because you can't stamp out the demand for drugs in such a poor district. The supply will find its way there eventually, and some times the supplier will be much worse than before (cartel).

Vic's deal with Tio in the first season is probably the most utilitarian choice for Farmington. If more policemen were in on this and were protecting Tio from Armadillo, the peace would be kept. This shows that the law isn't always the best tempalte for peace everywhere, and Vic knew that. He did care about what was best in the community.

Nothing to do with Vic, he wanted to prove himself he wasn't a sociopath

He just wanted to feel what a serial killer feels, out of morbid curiosity. When you read about serial killers, don't you sometimes wonder what goes through their heads, why they do the things they do? That's what Dutch wanted.

I think there was also an alternative plotline for Dutch, wherein he actually became a serial killer and the finale reveals that his basement is full of bodies, but the writers scrapped that, for the best.

>I think there was also an alternative plotline for Dutch, wherein he actually became a serial killer and the finale reveals that his basement is full of bodies, but the writers scrapped that, for the best.

Good, it would have been total bs

>Vic's deal with Tio in the first season is probably the most utilitarian choice for Farmington. If more policemen were in on this and were protecting Tio from Armadillo, the peace would be kept. This shows that the law isn't always the best tempalte for peace everywhere

Unironically arguing for widespread police corruption when legalization and regulation would in fact be the solution your arguments support..

>don't you sometimes wonder what goes through their heads, why they do the things they do?

Not at all. I'm able to accept that some killers derive pleasure from the act of killing/inflicting suffering. This is really of no interest to me and if anything pretty fucking sad tbqh.

>but the writers scrapped that, for the best.

I disagree, wish they would've went somewhere with that. Not sure if it had to have been that, but it would've been interesting.

Who says I don't support legalization and regulation? I'm simply adapting a solution to the drug trade in Americas in the most realistic way possible. Do you really think the retarded burgerflaps that started the war on drugs would ever legalize drugs? It's not happening, period. Therefore the next best choice for relative peace in a poor district in LA is unironically widespread police corruption led by a relatively benevolent dictator, Vic. It's more than any other region gets.

>I'm able to accept that some killers derive pleasure from the act of killing/inflicting suffering

Well, yeah, but the question is what KIND of pleasure it is. It's not always just the run of the mill sexual satisfcation, some killers like the granny rapist say that taking the life out of a living mammal gives him a pleasure that he can't exactly explain, it's unlike every common feeling that "normies" get to feel in their routine. It's an experience that very few people get to feel, which tempts Dutch, and I kind of understand that. It would be akin to ejaculating for the first time all over again. So people naturally become curious about it.

Why did the crazy Dutch storyline never go any further than this? They set it up then did nothing with it

>it's unlike every common feeling that "normies" get to feel in their routine. It's an experience that very few people get to feel, which tempts Dutch, and I kind of understand that. It would be akin to ejaculating for the first time all over again. So people naturally become curious about it.

I'd argue it's a feeling only people that are wired that way get to feel, so unless you've been feeling some strong urge to commit these kinds of acts already, killing some defenseless cat really isn't going to give you that.

>that's not really that bad, is it?
Morally, he is a piece of shit, regardless of how much good he tried to do, but that's what makes him a good character. Means to an end is not an acceptable excuse when it comes to doing good, even if it has more success.

Shane did nothing wrong

dutch boy was /ourguy/

>I'd argue it's a feeling only people that are wired that way get to feel

Perhaps, I'm not a criminal psychologist but I'd say it definitely isn't all genetic. It's no coincidence that people with the tendency to kill and derive pleasure from it have had some kind of traumatic even/sequence of events in their past, whether they were abused, raped, bullied relentlessly or constantly rejected by women. Exposure to horrific events definitely fucks you up to some extent. There may be people who "have it in them" but never get to explore it because their urge was never triggered by significantly harming another person.

Like said, Dutch probably wanted to see if he had it in him, he didn't know whether he would feel anything or not when killing the cat, so that argument is moot I think.

>Morally, he is a piece of shit,
Says who? According to HIS morality, he is doing just fine. He is a consequentialist through and through. He's a "piece of shit" because you don't share his consequentialist morality. I think it'd be more helpful to this discussion if you explained from your point of view why you believe this:
>Means to an end is not an acceptable excuse when it comes to doing good, even if it has more success.
Now that's something that can be argued upon and contrasted with Vic's own view.

I understand your point, but in fact Vic was toxic for everyone and everything around him.

I think we can say, season 1-3 where the season when Vic dragged the strike team in a lot of shit and since season 4 he tried his best to be clean and pull everyone out of the trouble he caused.

He is not a proper "villain" and goddamn if he put all the effort to save everyone but he crossed the line long ago.

no
Mara was a pure waifu
Vic and Strike team was toxic to Shane and she tried to pull him out

Vic Mackey did nothing wrong
Fuck anyone who says otherwise

Snitches end up in ditches

Ronnie was underrated tbqh. He's the typical silent strong character while being the smartest guy in the room. Should've been the one to get out in the end.

some of the writers, kurt sutter included, wanted to end with a reveal of dutch being a serial killer.

>Says who?
You simply cannot justify his murdering of innocent people without coming to the conclusion that he is a piece of shit.

That was one of Sutter's ideas wasn't it? The "lol Dutch is a serial killer" reeks of the dumb edgy "WHAT A TWEEEST" bullshit that SoA became synonymous with.

>while being the smartest guy in the room

Yeah, he was so smart that he ended up in prison sucking dick
Really makes you think

>season 1-3 where the season when Vic dragged the strike team in a lot of shit and since season 4 he tried his best to be clean and pull everyone out of the trouble he caused.

Correct, notice the fact that having a new leader that believes in him changes a lot about he acts on the street. Vic's behavior largely stems from how his bosses treated him.

>He is not a proper "villain"
Yeah, he is usually called an anti-hero.

>he crossed the line long ago.
Not so sure about that. For many people, Terry was that line, but the reality is a lot messier than that. Vic is presented as someone who will engage with everyone if they let him, from the most do-good idealists like Claudette to the scum of the earth. Terry chose not to engage with Mackey and viewed him as just another dirty cop to take out, a stepping stone for his career on the way to DC as his demands from Justice reveal. He didn't care about his action's effect on the streets.

I'd say that all in all, Vic cared more about doing good on the street than Terry did. Terry isn't this untainted angel whose only goal is to clean up the streets, he's just as selfish as everyone else on the show, and that is explained and expected of the viewers to understand I think.

Her bussy dasded lige sweed budder

Mara was probably the most toxic character on the show. Even excluding the fact that she's inherently a piece of shit, since she shoots an innocent girl at the end of the show, constantly justifies and rationalizes Shane's actions and is ok with them, and bashes Tavon's skull in for no fucking reason while lying to him about it.

Mara's worst effect was her empowering effect on Shane. She gave him confidence, some would say arrogance, he made him believe he could be his own boss, his own Vic. Inflating someone's ego is extremely dangerous when not understanding the circumstances like Mara did. She's the main reason for Shane's downfall, from the point he starts believing that he's better than Mackey. But he never was. And that leads to his constant fuck ups, to killing Lem, and to committing suicide and killing his family. As far as waifus go, I'd be hard pressed to find one more destructive than Mara.

If Vic didn't sell him out, Ronnie would've gotten out scot free. You can argue he was dumb enough to trust Vic, but he wouldn't have gotten anywhere without trusting Vic.

vic will probably cut a deal with his street contacts to help out ronnie or bust him out anyway

>previously on the shield
HE MADE YOU SUCK?

Help or no help he's still in prison for life. And busting people out of heavy security American prison isn't really possible nowadays

Well i think this is the point on the whole show, everyone is grey and you can argue about who was right and who was wrong in endless way.

The only character who truly deserve to be hated was Aceveda anyway.

>It's a Vic's enemies put aside their differences because they need his help

I kind of wondered about Ronnie's sentence, and then I remembered this FAQ from IMDb.

imdb.com/title/tt0286486/faq?ref_=tt_faq_1#.2.1.23

>Would Ronnie get the death penalty?
>Unlikely. Most of what they had on Ronnie was Vic's confession. Without other evidence, they would have a hard time sending him to jail for anything other than aiding Shane by delivering the money for Vic. The authorities would also likely reach some sort of agreement with Ronnie, to keep a lot of the corruption out of the press, because they wouldn't want the Barn's convictions to be overturned.

So it's definitely not as bad as it looks on the show, or rather as bad as that ICE bitch told Vic.

Also, regarding the break out, one of the most likely fan theories regarding Vic's possible actions after the fnale was this:
>Another tie-in theory to this is that Vic may have gone out and busted some big-time gang members/drug dealers under the guise of his I.C.E. authority. Then made a deal with them to break Ronnie out of prison for Vic. That way should they succeed or fail, there would be nothing to tie Vic to the crime as he would likely establish an alibi for himself. Thus keeping Vic's immunity intact.

Which sounds very Vic Mackey to me. This is the most likely course of action for me too regarding the post-finale timeline.

This is now a Billings appreciation thread

youtube.com/watch?v=r2aINQduzqM

>fan fiction

this character was weird, he seemed to be a great detective when he put the effort, but he rarely did, I don't understand why he was so lazy/apathetic

Is there any show out there with a better pilot? It's literally impossible not to continue watching with this one.

You'll understand if/when you get there

Vic: Leader of an effective. But also corrupt strike team
>fucked and cucked into office work with no friends

Shane: Weirdo dude whose also a dick. With cunt wife
>An heros and also an kills his senpai.

Lem: Good dude. Has morals. Good cop. One of the better ones
>Gets fucking naded

Ronnie: Bit more of a dick than Lem. But likeable and one of the better ones
>Gets set up hard. Poor Ronnie.

>tfw already there in my early 20s
i'm balding too, fuck this

People were always walking all over him with their anger shoes, making him who he was on the show. A true tragedy.

Billings would probably be god tier detective (even better tha dutch) if he only cares about it. But why put an effort on this? He is buried in the barn, surrounded by dirty cops and gangbangers, just waiting to retire and find a way to make extra money. But one point is crucial, when he decide to do something, shit was done.

>Harambe screaming at him he was useless, he step in the interrogation room and nail the killer in 5 minutes
>He said he would do good as a strike team member because he likes Ronnie and in the same day takles a nigger like a pro
>Instantly identify the runaway girls rapist the first time he meet him, after dutch talked to him many times and suspected nothing
>Managed to avoid any problem as a eye witness during that shooting at the car wash
>And his masterpiece, shipping Tina and Hiatt togheter then luring dutch in front of her home while they was fucking

And not a single task was done before refilling the vending machines.

Yeah, billings was frighteningly effective when he wanted to. I wish he was explored more throughout the show. We only know that he cared about his daughter from the arc where he plants the evidence on that pedophile that moves in his family's neighbourhood.

I've liked him since he was on Due South

>it's a billings spread naked Tina's pics trou the barn episode

you're forcing me to fap to latina porn now, good job

my pleasure

Fuck off pedo

This, because of his stupidity they never ran out of storylines for the strike team having to deal with problems

damn, nice penis

>Help or no help he's still in prison for life. And busting people out of heavy security American prison isn't really possible nowadays

He got shived within days because is/he was a cop you mong

>not pulling the billings at work

Maybe one day you'll get a job and understand

He also played a cop on IASIP. Deepest lore

I still remember back when the show was going on how everyone thought Ronnie was going to turn out to be this slick Keyser Soze type who was secretly the brains behind the operation and would end up being the last man standing.

Instead he ends up being the biggest cuck of the series.

>Instead he ends up being the biggest cuck of the series.

Vic literally got cucked by Dutch of all people

Dutch fucked his wife?

Dennis doing CCH Pounder is the funniest moment in all of Sunny

yep

Bullshit. I don't remember that

If your brain is rotting it's no my problem brah

This show was a dud:

>end a season with a Nation of Islam occupation of the police station
>they don't appear in any subsequent episodes

>lem shoots that spic with a carton of cigs
>strike team plants a gun on him
>then they rob evidence transfer to recover the gun so the spic doesn't get prosecuted
>then they plant the gun on the same gang of spics they set up for the evidence van robbery
>somehow the original spic doesn't get charged even though the weapon planted on him was returned to evidence

I liked that scene where they planted the camera in Dutch's car, though.

looks like cassidy grew up well

youtube.com/watch?v=lsDLkDmzhJQ
vid related

top kek i love its always sunny in philly

dutch was easily the only good thing about the show

too bad about it becoming the vic mackey show starring michael chicklis' entire family

HUNGRY LIKE THE WOOLF

My nigger. Billings is a fucking top tier character. Making Dutch into a literal cuck is fucking God tier.

reddit

>dat Hiatt face

Man i think in the end he was relieved to get fired by Claudette, the barn was a fucking madhouse from the point of view of a newcomer

>rat who was sent to infiltrate his inner circle and put him and his crew in prison
>innocent man

pick one faggot

>it's a crime to legally investigate criminal operations, punishable by assassination
what did you mean by this?

Dude are you some kind of italian mafia mobster? How could you even think an undercover policeman for the department of justice is "a rat"?

me on the bottom right pic

>when you're enjoying a video game and the screen turns black and you see yourself

Shane's over the top laugh makes that scene gold
>LOOKS LIKE HIS NEXT DATE IS GOING TO BE WITH SOME HAND CREAM