Was Rhodes really in the wrong? I think his reaction to Frankenstein's actions were pretty justified at first...

Was Rhodes really in the wrong? I think his reaction to Frankenstein's actions were pretty justified at first, he may have gone over board sure, but he didn't deserve what he got.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jV_xEwb0ZiQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I cant blame him, they really were wasting valuble time and resources on something that ended up leading nowhere

Rhodes was correct in every way, its too bad he died.

Whats cool about this movie is that none of the "bad guys" are really bad guys.

They are well written and are acting in response to their circumstances and actions of others.

Even the crazy fat guy can't be blamed, he probably just went a little nuts being down there eventually.

more important question is why did Salazar decide to go full moron mode? it seems like his purpose was simply to get the plot moving towards an ending

Why did he do it bros?

He was cracking up from the very start of the film, at no point did he seem well balanced or rational. Not surprising after all of Rhodes' shit plus losing an arm he'd decide to take everyone to hell with him.

>only guy getting some nice pussy down there
>is the first one to break

He was such a fucking asshole

Rhodes was a cowardly asshole not cut out for leadership but Frankenstein was clearly losing his mind and their research was a lost cause. If Steele were left in charge they probably could have all eventually found their way to a new safe haven peacefully, or at least not all have died horribly.

>Rhodes was a cowardly asshole

In what way?
Just because he was having steele shoot the woman?

That was a good way to see if your men are still with you and willing to follow orders.

Fun fact: Rhodes was introduced in Dawn of the Dead but cut out. Can be seen here in the restored version at 22:20
youtu.be/jV_xEwb0ZiQ

rhodes did nothing wrong. he didnt deserve it

At the end he cracks immediately after realizing that their base has been breached. Look at how he deals with the crisis compared to everybody else. Rhodes immediately shits himself and abandons his remaining men, gathering guns and ammo with no apparent goal in sight. After realizing they've been abandoned Steele keeps an admirably cool head and keeps moving while killing any zombies that get too close to him before eventually getting caught from behind and choosing to an hero rather than turn.

Even before that he does a poor job as a leader. I don't see Rhodes as a villain, more of a victim like everyone else in Romero's horror movies. You can see from the start that he's cracking under the pressure. His ordering Steele to shoot during the meeting wasn't a controlled reaction to restore discipline, it was him losing his shit because he didn't know how to handle the situation.

Didn't Romero just cast him twice without planning to? But it does seem possible that that guy they met was Rhodes before he wound up in the base and makes for neat headcanon.

The beginning of dawn of the dead (apartments, interactions) should have been cleaned up a bit/done differently. It seems so out of place to me compared to once they are on the helicopter and onward.

The cops they meet are fucking goofballs and the apartment scene makes the movie seem like its going to be cheap made for tv schlock.

I actually didnt watch this movie Until I was a dult because the beginning part in the apartment just turned me off so much.

I respect your take on it.

>Didn't Romero just cast him twice
Not sure but the character arc fits regardless. Makes more sense he lied about being "military" since he lacked any traces of discipline or grooming standard.

The parts outside the mall were all filmed at one time and then the mall parts in another. Maybe Romero was in different moods. Aside from the opening 'Blow all their asses off' sequence it isn't too hacky. And the basement execution scene and the one officer panicking, barely surviving and them killing himself both feel very in line with everything that follows. And the news-room stuff I think is very well done. The way that that one guy flatly tells them that the EBS is taking over and that they have nothing else to do is really creepy, even though it was probably just awkward acting it works super well. And I first watched the movie when I was 14 so I thought that the apartment sequence with the crazy shotgun cop was the coolest thing ever.

I used to think Rhodes did absolutely nothing wrong but after recently rewatching it I think that it's clear that he was meant to seem very neurotic and unstable from the start.

I'm able to tolerate/enjoy the parts I previously didnt like nowadays because I've seen the entire thing and love it to death, Thankfully.
Side note:
Also me and my friend watched Day of the dead together as kids and I was dumb. the first time I saw the ending and thought it was all a dream or something since she woke up in a shock and everything seemed peaceful on the beach or whatever.

>a policeman joined the army and jumped ranks to Captain within 6 months during an apocalypse
I dont think so. Just the same actor

See
It makes more sense him and his men were just larping as military.

Lying about military would be a cool character trait, but realistically I don't think he would have found that bunker if that were the case.

They all seemed to have been assigned there from the start from higher government.

>choke on em!

>just larping as military
That seems unlikely to me, from the sounds of it the guy above Rhodes ran things more or less properly and the fact that they had legit scientists working down there suggests that as shittily planned as their operation was, it was planned and Rhodes and the other soldiers were regular army. The best way to rationalize Rhodes being the cop from Dawn is that the zombie situation demanded more leaders than were available meaning that lots of promotions happened quickly and Rhodes went from something like a drafted private to captain in a few months or so. Still seems odd but not impossible.

>she's saying youre a fucking caveman a throwback! But don't worry steel cause all cavemen got big dicks!

its a fan theory at best.

The true villain of this film was that YELLOW SPIC.

Seriously, if he wasn't such a fucking loser things would have probably gone much smoother for fucking everybody.

>we need to know if we're just jerking each other off here!

Yeah him and dr.Frankenstein were real assholes

It was all a dream

Dr. Frankenstein could have probably gotten away with his bullshit without anyone finding out longer if that fucking idiot didn't ruin everything and get two men killed

I thought it was funny when Rhoads was being hella racist to Jamaica man

used to read The Dead Walk magazine

>george romero is dead

:(

frankenstein's is the saddest death too, the one that matters most.