Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

poozers

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GailSimone/status/756258487840022528
twitter.com/GailSimone/status/756258909359214592
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More JLI is always good

Vertebrate!

I'm really looking forward to Mr. Stroke, the preview was nice and I'm liking what I'm hearing in the interviews

also man that "He wasn't black" headline has rustled a lot of jimmies

I hope Prieststroke is good

who /simon/ here?

Also I found this interesting from the Prieststroke thread >Actually, it's been a little easier than you might suspect. Alex and I worked up a plotline, and I started writing one-paragraph pitches for issue #1, issue #2, issue #3. I think we did eight or nine issues of, "This is what the story is going to be about." Then we submitted all of that stuff to Geoff, and Geoff came in and said, "This is great, but this is not what we should lead with. We should lead with X, Y, Z." He wasn't feeding us specific plots, but goals, in terms of story. The stuff that we had come up with, we kind of shelved, started again, developed this other [story] in consultation with Geoff. Once we had the new front end up and running, we still had seven or eight issues of story that we had developed previously. So we adapted that stuff into the new front end, and frankly, it's been pretty simple. We basically had eight or nine issues of "Deathstroke" already plotted, and now it's just a matter of executing it.

I like hearing stuff about what Johns is actually doing on Rebirth.

>that clickbait headline
Four interviews with Priest are out and posted in the first Deathstrole Rebirth lettered preview thread.

post the best mad you find about the headline

that sounds really nice to work with, frankly.

>also man that "He wasn't black" headline has rustled a lot of jimmies
pls post best rage

Batman and Nightwing are GREAT. GREAT!!

i didn't know philip tan was the other artist on suicide squad. that book is gonna have the 12 Lee pages and otherwise basically unreadable.

LOL

also been watching non-comics twitter fights. what a world

GL 4 was the first one that kinda let me down. Simon talking down Jessica seemed under written and the art didn't help. + we'd kinda seen him do the trick before. Still into it though

Good working there Geoff

I like how meta Seeley is getting with Nightwing
It's good to let the frustrations out and at least he knows some of the problems the character has a lot of the times

>i didn't know philip tan was the other artist on suicide squad. that book is gonna have the 12 Lee pages and otherwise basically unreadable.
philip tan's art is fine though

the big Babs fan I know is annoyed at shit in the book but since I hated how the team she loved treated Dick, well

Finally Digital

poor Kilowog, he's about to get trolled

i lost it at shark attractant

different strokes!

That wedding issue? I'm still TRIGGERED.jpg thinking about it.

that was shit

i dug it!

Apparently James Stokoe did some work in the new issue of Moon Knight, but only three or four pages.

I'd honestly be happy for everyone to shelve Dickbabs if they're not going to put in the work on it, because she's been street-level at home and he's been doing, IDK, thematically heavy international espionage.

>can't remember who that is
>google his name to see some of his work
>see that picture of him holding his pencil like a dinosaur
oh yeah that guy

there's a dissonance there that the globe trotting Babs isn't helping as much as they want it to.

hah!

Read more comics.

smdh

He's set to return in the October issue.

no

To be honest, I internally call Stokoe "raptor claw guy" when I can't think of his name.

tbf dude's output is SLOOOOOOW

I am kind of hoping that if they're splitting some for audience, Batgirl stays for the optimistic, chipper, selfies tone, and BoP goes harder and more mature.

>Sup Forums doesn't want to read comics
Can't say this is news to me.

i did not like BoP 1, & already forgot how they explained the diff between BoP and Globe trotting.

>see that picture of him holding his pencil like a dinosaur

Erik Larsen has some bizarre pencil technique too

How does he have control over the utensil

was #1 out, or just the Rebirth?

this fight is fucking great, kudos to Hughes on the sequentials

Rebirth

It might've been the rebirth issue. i've been conflating those this whole launch.

all these SFX, man

pour one out for Gaspar Saladino, owls

many of the Rebirth one-shots have been meh compared to the actual #1s, so it gets an issue or two

BoP is set after it

I'm doing my part, senpai

A lot of the rebirth issues are like stretched out, more expensive versions of the DCYou 8 page previews

I have been less delighted by the execution than I should have been.

Does Simon have a better ass than Hal?

Released yesterday, Harley Quinn Rebirth #1 hit the market to generally positive reviews and a reported advanced sales mark topping 400,000 issues, according to Bleeding Cool. “Die Laughing” part 1 was written by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti and features artwork by Alex Sinclair, Chad Hardin, with coloring by Alex Sinclair and Dave Sharpe. Harley’s Rebirth – which is really more of a perpetuation of her New 52 storyline with a fresh origin story. Waypool

All Green Lanterns have nice asses, it's a requirement

and no, Simon can't be declared best ass with just one picture

Harley collectors are genuinely, stupendously, exploitably into variants.

Also, I am told, Hot Topic merch.

I'm amused endlessly that Green Lanterns is apparently so good that people are saying that Humphries earned back his name, instead of just "Dogfucker".

Almost sounds like real Editorial work.

No, but there's no shame in being beaten by Hal's ass.

I think Jim Lee got assigned to a Harley book for variants. Such an insanely better fit

>Donald Trump

It's not a Rebirth one-shot.

Next issue will have two regular artists Hardin and Timms teaming up with guest arrtist Bret Blevins.

that is pretty amusing

to be honest I think GLs is only as liked as it is because Jessica & Simon are basically blank slates and he can't technically ruin them

Harley has so much merch it's ridiculous
Like every solicit month seems to have some sort of Harley statue, action figure, etc

Hey Stokoe, release more comics.

So, I saw Sooside Skwad.

guys want to hot glue her, girls like her aesthetic and a non-insignificant amount also probably want to masturbate to her, you can't go wrong with pumping out Harley merch

>we only fought Snowflame once

Been saying that for awhile. People too hardcore about muh DnA cosmic(not that it was great stuff but just Sup Forums hyperbolic hate)

People have different ways of holding pencils, and whatever is most comfortable is the right way, no matter what they told you in kindergarten.

how is it?

>Meanwhile Marvel struggles pushing Black Widow merch

X-user, pls. Don't invite Sup Forums in.

LIke I don't think Baz acts very similar to how Johns or even Soule wrote him but nobody cared much about him then and now he's funnier, so people are digging it and they don't give a shit that his characterization is different

I mean the way they bicker like teenagers is pretty similar to the shitty way he wrote Star Lord

also I think people find GLs pleasant because the GL books have mostly been depressing and a little bleak for several years so something cute and fun is extremely refreshing even if it's a little on the meh side

Probably, and it fills a nice niche of the sort of more normal lantern cape adventures that I think people have wanted.

Kilowog is the BEST

Best New God

>Oberon
>Now Puck
Uhh... Just coincidence, right?

twitter.com/GailSimone/status/756258487840022528

twitter.com/GailSimone/status/756258909359214592

yeah

yeah that's mostly why I've been enjoying it even if the walls of narration are annoying and the art is shitty

Earth adventures, cute leads, space cop stuff, Simon & Jess both have problems to deal with but their entire lives aren't completely horrible, etc.

Honestly? It's not as bad as people make it out to be. yeah, the beginning's kinda choppy and shit but the movie becomes way better after they land in Midway City. The characters are all pretty likeable (except for Slipknot, I guess), yes, even Harley Quinn. Deadshot definitely felt more like a Will Smith character than the comic book one but he wasn't awful or anything, Boomerbutt was pretty fun, Katana and Croc were underused but had their moments, Diablo's pretty cool. Overall, a solid summer flick. Nothing spectacular but not the awful piece of shit critics are making it out to be.

Also yes, there is an Ostrander reference.

JMD can't take credit for Oberon, but he is very well-read for a comics scribbler.

>Harley is literally the most popular female comics character right now
>DC/WB are pushing Wonder Woman harder than ever
>meanwhile Marvel doesn't give a shit about Black Widow and a lot of people are grumbling that they cast a 26 year old as a woman who's supposed to be a long established super hero that's a colonel in the Air Force

>Marvel is doing great with girl led comics and tv shows

Well, if you say so Gail.

Hmmm. brew'n'view matinee, maybe

She has to be nice so people won't get overly defensive.

As far as comics go, Thor, Spider-Gwen, and Ms. Marvel are still selling pretty well.

DC literally has an entire doll line a la Disney Princesses. Not even fair

so what was good yesterday

apparently Echo has joined Doc Samson in "dead Marvel characters that are inexplicably alive"

on one hand I'm okay with ignoring shitty deaths but on the other it's sloppy editing

Oh and I forgot Waller. She's really great in this, utterly ruthless, definitely HBIC.

Flag is just there though, and Enchantress is your typical mystical baddie, nothing terribly memorable aside from one scene at the Pentagon.

Huh didn't know Bon Jovi is older than me

Any pies?

>and a lot of people are grumbling that they cast a 26 year old as a woman who's supposed to be a long established super hero that's a colonel in the Air Force

Boo-hoo? Did anyone really think it would go any different?

I did too.

It was... pretty bad.

And I'm someone who defended BvS.

I see that MISSILE TO THE TITS has also been elaborated upon post-facto

Batman Nightwing Green Team (arrow lanterns)

I'm super impressed with Kings Batman

When was Echo dead?

Aren't the Disney Princesses basically why Disney/Marvel doesn't give a shit about Black Widow? They bought Marvel as a "boy property" so making stuff for girls and women isn't a priority at all

meanwhile DC/WB launches an entire children's line focusing on female super heroes and considers it a huge success

HI ARTHUR

>>Flag is just there though

I'm mildly annoyed by that.

Yeah, Waller is REALLY good, it's just such a shame WB took a hatchet to everyone else's character development.

Bendis did in moon knight

Nope, sorry.

Really? What didn't you like about it, user?

Bendis killed her in his Moon Knight run iirc

>retconning an event while it's still going on because it's just that shitty

One of the things that impresses me most about Kings Batman is Finch's art. It's somehow not shit.

And Disney has their disney princesses so they don't give a fuck about marvel superheroines lol

I wonder if there's ever gonna be some copycat of DC Superhero girls once it's proven successful
I kinda want one about the female mutants desu. Fox should do it