Why aren't millenials self reliant? They can't cook, do basic repairs, don't drive

Why aren't millenials self reliant? They can't cook, do basic repairs, don't drive

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because their parents and society coddled them into believing those are unneeded skills.

>Millennials
I would say this is more accurate of the post-2000 crowd. A lot of kids don't even want to take driver's ed classes.

They sit on their phones, and whine to their parents when they don't get their way.

Fuck off Steve o. Nobody cares about your shit threads you post every damn day
Sage

I'll learn the skill when I need it. Currently I am betting on not needing to know how to build a house from scratch.

Can do all you mentioned in OP so no idea why I'm answering. Maybe guilt that I could know more.

Here's your (you) sir leafposter

But I digress. The logic behind these criticisms is backwards to me. Children are a product of their upbringing and environment. The generation that raised them is to blame therefore , but the trend I observe seems to be that it's the generation that fucked up who seem to complain about their spawn the most.

It's your mistake, own it and try to fix what you can instead of pointing fingers and performing mental gymnastics to shuffle blame on someone else you cucks

I was a chef for 8 years, Driving since 16, fix my motorbike whenever it's needed

we're dying op

why do youbpost the same variation of this thread over and over, sometimes with four variations up at the same time, but you never get banned?

I never report anyone but I reported you a dozen times last week.

Agreed. Bad parenting, and single-mothers. The system is rigged in favour of the woman, and after the man becomes indifferent and broken. Kids need discipline and regiment through-out early development, too much nurturing creates a reliant and weak adult.

Nobody ever taught me any of these things

Dad complaining about my car not having oil and that I should magically know how cars work when he never taught me was great

I get banned every once in a while, other people copy my threads

This. I would have killed for a "shop class" or "home economics" class in high school rather than being lectured about "muh slavery" for the fourth semester on a row.

The government loves reliant and weak voters.

You have the INTERNET you fucking piss ant.

You can learn ANYTHING you want WHENEVER you want. The entirety of human knowledge fits in your pocket.

And you still have the fucking gall to say "nobody taught me these things, its my daddy's fault!"

Baby boomers sabotaging their kids developing of skills in order to keep em dependent + under control

Because millenials were raised by the parents that were the children of babyboomers.

Shitty alcoholic hedonistic parents raise shitty children, who then have no idea how to be good parents and make all sorts of new mistakes along with much of the old mistakes.

doesnt every school have woodworks and metalworks?

Not much these days.

Wahhh muh dad didnt teach me how to wipe my own ass how am I supposed to know how to do it??

sounds like you're used to being neglected and abused

Can't do any of those things myself. Probably I grew up too comfortable, honestly.

too dangerous and expensive when people steal things.

my dad was a "manly man" type guy, so from the age of like, 10, he made me help him with everything. it used to piss me off so much, cause I thought it was stupid. looking back, I am massively grateful. I also worked construction from about 19-22, so learned quite a bit there

there is no excuse for not knowing how to cook. if you like to eat, you should know how to cook.

I don't own a car. I have a license and can drive, cars are just a pain in the ass to deal with if you don't have a driveway/street parking near your house. plus fuck spending money on gas/insurance. the hardest part about not having a car is groceries, and women. a lot of chicks pretty much write you off as a loser if you don't own a car. however, the ones who don't tend to be based as fuck. now that I think about it, it's actually a pretty fantastic screening measure

>be a kid
>get everything delivered, your parents don't teach you anything because they're busy and you 'have that damn internet to teach you stuff'
>the government doesn't want you to be self-reliant so schools don't teach you shit
>suddenly get a generation that can't do anything
>complain when said generation can't do anything instead of teaching them

Why is Steve-O linked to these millenial threads? Why is this a (forced?) meme?

>insurance is $180 a month after my discount
>rent is $900 a month for a shitty half basement in some paki's house
>gas is $1.20 a litre
>internet is $90 a month
>cellphone is $40 a month

Wtf I hate driving now

I can cook some basic things like spagetter and meatballs and rice with chicken. Mostly I just order out or buy frozen foods. I know a little bit about cars, I can change my oil and tires.

But the one thing I have absolutely no idea how to do is my own laundry, it's a fucking mystery, and I was an organic chemistry student who had to precisely measure certain amounts of chemicals for a reaction to occur. It's not like I never tried, but shit comes out like shrinky dinks or the colors get all messed up. My mother never taught me this forbidden art before she died.

I'm 24, have been on my own, renting, since 17. Owned a camper, currently buy and sell cars on Craigslist. Make 1k a week, tax-free, as I live in a state where the tags go with the car. Oh, and I cook baked goods, bread, and meals from scratch. Lard over shortening, butter over margarine, whole milk. America.

Nice work, I've been renting since I got kicked out at 16

Most young people have no idea how to think, only memorisation. That's why they can't cant figure out how long to roast something or how often to replace fluids in the car, they need an authority to tell them.

I blame the fluoride

Sure I'll do the cooking while my wife does the cucking.

>I would say this is more accurate of the post-2000 crowd. A lot of kids don't even want to take driver's ed classes
It's only 2016, 15/16th of them aren't even old enough to take drivers ed

Also, how to into laundry. We can do this together. Buy some arm and hammer with oxy detergent. Buy a bottle of fabric softener, they all suck, so just pick one. Sort your clothes. Darks, lights, meds, and whites. Oh, your gonna need bleach for the whites. Also, if you have any whites that have colors, and don't want them to fade, don't use bleach. Anyway.

Turn your washer on, use normal, and warm/cold water. Hot/cold is for whites. After some water fills in the bottom, dump in 1/3 lid(blue thing on top) of your detergent. IF doing whites, also put in a little less than 1/2 cup bleach. Add your clothes one by one, trying to keep the weight balanced. It's full when you're 3/4 to the top, and don't over pack it.

Add fabric softener to the dispenser. 1/2 lid. If no dispenser on your washer, add it during the rinse cycle, pref while its filling with water the 2nd time.

When done, throw that shit in the dryer. Put it on the very dry setting. Clean lint trap every time

because people like this faggot exist and his stupid show exist.

>why learn anything useful when you can make millions being a retard.

Fluoride. I drink bottled spring water, and use fluoride-free toothpaste and mouthwash. Don't drink the city water.

But I can do all that

because they dont own houses

They don't know how to follow instructions or directions either.

I guess it all stems from their arrogant attitudes and nobody or no thing tells me what to do!

You fucking saved my life, have a nude tittygirl

poor you, we still have 2 crafting lessons every week nation wide

my dad died and my mother taught me basic car care and to use common sense when it comes to my car.

Is it a coincedence that the generation who made divorce rates SKYROCKET leading to an exponential increase in single-parent homes raised the shittiest kids?

>(it isn't)

Not here in germany
Every secondary school here just aims to prepare you for the university qualification.
And university qualification obviously prepares you for university.
There is not a single thing in german schools that actually teach your handy everyday skills

Wash them on gentle cycle, that way you're sure to not ruin any item of clothing, use softener and white vinegar in your rinse cycle. When drying, use a couple dryer sheets, dry on low heat for about 15 minutes, hang dry your damp shirts and stuff you care about that you don't want to shrink or fade, then low heat on the rest of your clothes until done.

God, dat perfect child bearing body and tits

>But the one thing I have absolutely no idea how to do is my own laundry

do it army style if you don't have alot of laundry

>solvent
>water
>wash with hands
>leave it standing
>hang to dry

that's all

how can anyone not have the same amount of laundry?

are there people who wear the same clothes daily?

i mean if you are living along and don't have to do laundry for 5 people

ITT, a bunch of insecure millennials trying to prove that they're some special, badass, independent muthafucka.

"I've been living on my own since I was 17 years old. I cook gourmet meals and built my own car! This generation sucks."

"Oh yeah? I bet your dad was a mechanic and taught you how to build that car. I did it all on my own with my superior 180 IQ. This generation doesn't know critical thinking skills like me!"

>doing laundry for others
>ever

u wot

Society has even made things idiot proof for laundry. Things like Tide Pods, just throw clothes in and a Pod, close door, run.

Also dryers are expensive. Best to have a clothesline outside

>Why aren't millenials self reliant? They can't cook, do basic repairs, don't drive

I'm 22, used to want to be a cook , I am now a refrigeration mechanic and spent last night fixing my fucking car .

fuck you Steve o

...Are you dumb?

Most Americans have an entire wardrobe of dumb shit clothes, entire closets jammed with more outfits than they could ever practically use.

Most people, women in particular, are obscenely lavish in their tastes and buy massive quantities of all sorts of useless clothing articles.

It's 'strange' to have a 'practical' amount of clothing.

I am a millennial and I can do all of those things including more than advanced repairs. This stereotype is stupid and not true. I do hardly drive but that is because I live in a city and it is easier to take public transit than dealing with traffic and parking.

I just throw the clothes in the washer and then and let it go
only ever used a bit of borax on some musty smelling clothes that went too long without drying
somehow my clothes always come out clean

steve-o looks pretty damn good for being a drug addict that hurts himself for a living

No idiot

what i'm saying is that you could own 10 closets full of clothes, but seriously who wears more than 1 or 2 outfits per day?

I don't see how it's possible for one person to accumulate laundry at a much faster rate than another person, we all wear relatively similar amounts of clothing every day

I learn that stuff as I need to by googling it. Normies that I know do the same. Information has changed, m8.

don't see the point Steve-O, my parents take care of me

Driving terrifies me, I barely eat anyway. I do help my dad with DIY work though

Because they were raised into thinking that manual labor of any form is bad and only "intellectual" (I've been to uni, a lot of this shit is hardly intellectual) things matter.

A lot of people from my generation scoff when I tell them I'm a welder, but they all come running when they need something.

Because we're all fucking teenagers? How can you expect somebody coming fresh out of high school this year to be entirely independent? To be able to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves while paying for things like insurance and gas off a minimum wage job? In states like New York where the cost of living is ridiculously high? Cooking and fixing little shit like your TV or bathroom sink aren't skills that are getting you anywhere unless you professionally develop them at a technical school - where you'd be doing a couple more years learning and not making money.
Millennials are young. They're still living with their parents because the 'real' millennials are in the process of entering and finishing High School, and we're not living in the old America where you can find a good job to support yourself after graduating without having some great connections or a college degree.
I seriously think that because of the crazy wealth inequality were seeing that the millennials are going to make a big big push for progressive politics as more and more keep reaching voting age. The population boom that lead to the millennials we have now was bigger than the one we had after World War 2, so I'm really confident that they'll have a huge impact for the next 40-50 years.

You are basing this on empirical data or a meme perception of millennials?

I don't think the generation is any better or worse than the previous. The weak are just more visible in this age of tumblr.

CHAD got a 75k job straight out of HIGH SCHOOL and just invited STACY to come suck him off at the HOUSE he just BOUGHT with CASH

The first millenials are about 40 years old at this moment.

FIND OUT HOW WITH ONE QUICK TRICK

>Because we're all fucking teenagers? How can you expect somebody coming fresh out of high school this year to be entirely independent? To be able to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves while paying for things like insurance and gas off a minimum wage job?

>minimum wage job

that's where you blew it. either learn a skill or join the military, there are many ways to move out of mommy and daddy's house

source: i went to college at 18 and never moved back home, because i sold my programming skills for good money

Because the generation that raised them were shitty parents who wanted their children to 'discover everything themselves'

m8, no.

There is no universal cutoff but millennial is usually 1982-2000.

Sometimes it goes to 1980. They would still be in mid-30s.

FUCKING CHAD REEEEE

Some reports say it started in the mid-70s.
Demographics is retarded pseudoscience anyway, I just wanted to point out not all millennials are "teenagers straight out of high school" because it's completely false.

>Because we're all fucking teenagers?

Nope. The youngest Millennials are 17 -- which is the tail-end of the generation. That makes the majority non-teens.

its that spongebob cartoon, im tellin ya.

I have never seen anyone say it goes until 70s. 70s was generation X.

It isnt science or psuedoscience, it is just a label to generalize people of a certain age with culture and preferences. Like emo, goth, punk, redneck, etc.

There are millennials that are autistic fags that never leave their parents basement, other ones that could survive in the woods by themselves.

What is common with millennials is being fucked over by the boomers, and living a life worse off then their parents due to the greed of older generations. Despite this we arent mad and are actually trying to solve the problem.

1. Their mothers don't cook so how are they supposed to know how to?

2. They usually come from fatherless homes I believe, and if they do have a father there's a very good change *he* came from a fatherless home

3. Don't drive? I doubt that.

I think people born after 1995 are classed as Gen Z/Digital Natives or something like that

I can do all that except drive, because i dont need to, you were saying

Statler: "Why aren't millenials self reliant? They can't cook, do basic repairs, don't drive..."
Waldorf: "They can kill themselves!"

DOHH HO HO HO

gen Zed is 2000+ i think

If you exercise regularly you use more clothes.

Think I've heard that he's turned his life around. No drugs, no alcohol and he's trying to focus on his stand-up comedy stuff. If that's true, then good for him.

i usually wear the same gym shorts and cycle out shirts

>I have experience doing certain things. People with less experience than me are stupid for not knowing how to do the things I know how to do.

Being a denim geek, I do wear the same jeans (almost) daily until I get a nice fade that I like. Then I'll put them into rotation and get to work on another fresh pair.

Because millenials don't want the "realize yourself"-egotrip-world that is handed down to us from our parents. We want a wife that cooks and takes care of the house. As a man, I can do repairs on most small things.

However, long-term relationships are dead because society is created in a way that lets women leave the moment they are no longer in love (a chemical reaction that lasts at most 3 years)

What kind of idiot gets the face of another idiot tattooed on their fuckin' arm?

It's not ANOTHER idiot. The tattoo is of himself.

And society financially incentivizes women to leave

>tfw raised by both parents and still ended up useless

Thanks dad/grandad
Actually fuck you

mine did circa 2005 when i graduated
we even had a fucking rifle team that shot real live guns

both my grandfathers died when I was young

I don't really get on with my dad, he's a huge normie

yep, even if I could get married what's the point? I'm not exposing myself to that misery

No, I taught myself how to to things that I didn't know before. My dad didn't know how to do minor house repairs or change the oil on a car, so I got a book or looked it up online.

We aren't helpless creatures that are unable to self-teach.

Why do people who got high and went diving in a pool of elephant shit think they are in a position to tell anyone else about """"""working""""""".

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoEsaeiK-aw

Good for you.
Issue, some expect free college.

mine was full and I had to take web design
Now some fags make apps that make websites for you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

>my car
>dad
You spoiled little shit, I'm not getting a car until I leave my parent's house (and I'm paying for it all myself).
It's your car, your responsibility
If you're an adult asking your dad about your car that's just as pathetic

This. We were told we live in an age of prosperity and there's no shame in paying a professional to do a good job and blah blah.

Basically when growing up, we were put on pedestals and told we were oh so special and could accomplish anything, study hard, get good "real" jobs etc, or else we'll be working at McDonalds!

Well now the recession has happened it's like they think they can just undo years of brainwashing now that it has become inconvenient.

Pro tip - you can't.

I'm now working towards being self reliant because I see another financial crash as inevitable, and it's going to fuck everything up.

No point dreaming anymore. Just get on with it and learn how to be Mad Max or something.