/got/ General

Game of Thrones /got/ General

Punk Rock Edition

Previous

so the guy who said he didn't want his granddaughter fighting had no relation to the bear loli?

Azor jon

No, Robett Glover and Lyanna Mormont are not related. Jorah was married to a Glover once, but I'm sure Benioff and Weiss don't know that.

What happened to dialogues in season 7?

>He vaulted over the gunwale, landing on the deck below with his golden cloak billowing behind him. The white roses drew back, as men always did at the sight of Victarion Greyjoy armed and armored, his face hidden behind his kraken helm. They were clutching swords and spears and axes, but nine of every ten wore no armor, and the tenth had only a shirt of sewn scales. These are no ironmen, Victarion thought. They still fear drowning. "Get him!" one man shouted. "He's alone!" "COME!" he roared back. "Come kill me, if you can."
>Afterward he put their crews to death as well, saving only the slaves chained to the oars. He broke their chains himself and told them they were now free men and would have the privilege of rowing for the Iron Fleet, an honor that every boy in the Iron Islands dreamed of growing up. "The dragon queen frees slaves and so do I," he proclaimed.
>The loveliest of all those found aboard the Willing Maiden. He kissed them each upon the cheeks and told them of the honor that awaited them, though they did not understand his words. Then he had them put aboard the fishing ketch that they had captured, cut her loose, and had her set afire. “With this gift of innocence and beauty, we honor both the gods,” he proclaimed, as the warships of the Iron Fleet rowed past the burning ketch. “Let these girls be reborn in light, undefiled by mortal lust, or let them descend to the Drowned God’s watery halls, to feast and dance and laugh until the seas dry up.”
>“Two gods are with me now...No foe can stand before two gods.”
>On wings of song I fly to you, Daenerys, the iron captain thought.
>The iron captain had no time to wait for laggards. Not with his bride encircled by her enemies. The most beautiful woman in the world has urgent need of my axe.
>“Where is this Dothraki sea?” Victarion demanded. “I will sail the Iron Fleet across it and find the queen wherever she may be."

>we will never see Victarion in live action

Continuing the Stannis discussion from where we left off the last thread:

>Don't they turn Renly from a populist noble that gets on well with everyone but is into twinks to a flaming faggot?

It seems as if they based their show versions of the two based on the outward perceptions of their book counterparts. It's as if they read the dynamic between the two, didn't fully comprehend it (one glaring error is their inability to understand that Renly was the aggressor and Stannis on the defensive) and declared "THIS is how it should have played out." The result being the shows version of the StannisxRenly feud.

>I don't mind that he died, I mind HOW he died and that they just cut out most of his story and gave it to gormless boring Jon.

I never expected Stannis to win but the way he was killed was one of the instances in the show where the curtain was opened and you can see the puppet strings being pulled. When I rewatch the Stannis scenes in season 5 all i can think of is the IRL machinations going on.

Azor Jaime!

so where the fuck did dany land

Dragonstone. You know, the title of the episode.

> 1.55m

Fuck off, showfag.

Why was he so perfect lads

why did she go there

is that that place the fat guy saw on the map

how is it related to dany's family

Good morning /got/ Did you guys sleep well? I have a headache for reading all previous /got/ threads and drinking too much red bull to keep up with all those fast threads.

Anyway how would you rate the first episode of season 7? Also rate Euron Greyjoy and his cheap outfits.

Tbh he probably would end up being a one dimensional bad guy like all other 'bad guys' left in the show. Stannis was a great example of a morally grey character that got written out by the Crayon Brothers. I honestly don't understand why they avoid these """complex""" characters because the fans put up with them for the first 4 seasons without any problems.

Daenerys was born there. It's the ancestral seat of House Targaryen

kek

go back to /lit/ bookreading fag. I don't study books about imaginary wizards lmao

how come no one was living there already

looked like a cool house

>Tfw taller than Brienne
>Tfw this means I'm taller than 90% of the cast

thats a question no one can answer

Probably a plothole or bad writing by dumd & dumber DABID. Stannis would never left Dragonstone unmanned and unguarded

for the same reason i literally do not know who that edward sharon guy is

literally

why doesn't she just ride the dragons and melt the ice man

How's the weather up there?

>tfw you were drawing up clues as to how varys is a blackfyre supporter and a bloodraven vs varys sub plot could have taken place, bringing such a deadly but truly based rivalry to the present and possibly connecting past events with the present events, shedding light on how a series of events from two half-targaryan bastards have reshaped the course of westorosi history then realize it WILL NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN

dany don't know about evil ice man yet

lmaoooo haha i don't read go anime go epic dragon show woooo

i don't remember things from the last episode hahaha

that would be anti-environmentalist

Any squatters or a Baratheon skeleton crew left behind no doubt would have high tailed it outta there once they seen Danys armada on the horizon. Thats my theory at least. Perhaps Varys' bribed any squatters ahead of time? Another instance that would make sense.

lol this nerd is mad

s-so beautiful...

when this show ends this place ends

Everyone fled from there when they spotted Dany walking silently towards the castle for 5 minutes.

lmao geeks btfo

hahaha epic bro fuck book hahaha wageslavies i get free money hahaha

she was planning to kill them right?

no... there's 5 prequels for HBO after this show

Game of Trash Cinematic Crapverse

yeah, but then she meant Ed Sheeren

But what about spin-offs and other GoT related threads?

Where my /podcastOIAF/ bros at?

they didn't hightail it outta there in the books when the reach came and sacked the castle. The castle was abandoned because the writers didn't want a battle scene. They wanted a cool silent scene where dany somberly approaches the castle. It's hard to have a somber scene when battles are involved. There is no logical reason for the castle to be unmanned. They literally just didn't wanna shoot a battle scene

what irritated me most about this scene was not ed shoehorn, but them going that stock movie tactic of "long pause after character says something extraordinary before group breaks down in laughter"

I fucking hate it everytime it happens. if they were gonna think it's a joke they'd laugh instantly. why do their brains need 5 minutes to process the information

is it possible he rallied that skeleton crew to come to his aid for the attack on winterfell? he needed every man he could get, especially when ramsey had 20 good ones

i want to fuck season 1 dany

tfw Gwendoline Christie will never get her tits out
At least we have Miss Sandy for out strongfu

she said it in a serious tone so they sized her up for a second before making the assumption that she isn't lethal enough to kill the queen. The silence was them thinking ''was that a joke?'' causing nervous tension. The laughter came after when they realised ''theres no way this one chick can kill the queen, she must have been joking''
hope i helped you pal

Stannis wouldn't have done that, and even if he did, there's absolutely no reason Cersei wouldn't have taken the empty castle. Or the Ironborn. Or squatting villagers.

because they're inbred bongloids and their synapses is slower than dial-up internet so it might take them a good minute to process basic information

yeah except that exact same structure is used in countless movies and tv shows. it's a cliche played straight and it cheapens the scene

no way me too

>little girl tells you that she's going to kill the queen
>you need 10 seconds to realize she's not fit for the task
Wow

>TV interactions are not the same as human interactions

Wow stop the presses. IRL people don't wait for the laugh track to finish before continuing with their conversation, but that never stopped The Big Bang Theory.

even if they thought she was series, she's a little girl, there's no reason for them to take her seriously in any instance

its more like an awkward thing. If a little girl came up to you when your out and about and just said ''i am going to kill the queen!'' you wouldn't immediately burst into laughter you'd take a second to be like ''what the fuck'' before chuckling a little.

Yes I realize the out of universe reason for the scene and the fact that it was purely a calculated directorial decision with no bearing on internal story consistency. However, I dont believe this can prevent us from filling in the blanks so to speak. Iirc the assault on dragonstone in the books happens off screen by a small naval squadron les by Loras Tyrell, encompassing a fraction of the Reaches might. In the show the armada arriving at Dragonstone is comprised of the entirety of the Reach, Dorne, Danys as well as the best ships of the ironborn fleet. Given the larger force arrayed in front of them perhaps the defenders in the shows version opted to surrender, also considering the fact Stannia is dead in the show, they would be needlessly throwing their lives away.

yeah everything should be like shitty sitcoms

as shit as it's gotten, I'd like to think GoT is a little better than BBT

Come to think of it, why did Stannis never hired a Faceless Men to kill the Boltons?

Why was Stannis character so badly raped and butchered?

i want season 3 shireen

I can't believe I'm seeing people debating shit like why Dragonstone was empty or why Dany was the first in. Things started getting fucky in season 4 and it has only gotten worse.

Why can't people just accept it's a stupid normie shit show now that is rushing head long to the end and nobody involved gives a fuck because they are all tired of it.

Why can't some of you accept that?

Thoughts on GRRM writing more words in the past 7 years for the blog than he did the book? If all those words he typed were made into a book, it would be 1.5 TWoW.

Commander Edge

sunk cost fallacy

it's funny getting the bookcucks to actually try to answer lmao

why didn't Stannis get Melisandre to birth another shadow assassin thing to kill Roose or Ramsey?

>Thrones are nothing more than a game to me.

>Spend months at a time strategically planting ideas into peopIe's heads, and playing mind games

>Get bored of someone after a while and move on to my next victim but that's okay because there's literally billions of you dirty little roaches to fuck around with.

>Some people actually believe I care about them as people but the truth is I only use them for my personal advantage and entertainment

Nah the entirety of the reach's power is at dragonstone in the books. They're starving out the castle. Loras goes over to charge in because he wants the reach to be able to defend against the ironborn instead of waste time at dragonstone. Also I cant imagine dragonstone even hearing about stannis's death. The northerners that know weren't sending letters to dragonstone. And i dont think any survivors from stannis's side would have access to a raven. But if you want to believe theres a reason for there being no guys in the castle that doesn't really bother me. I just thought it was a bit silly personally

What happened to Roose? He just disappeared
Wasn't Ramsey killed in action or something?

literally me

He didn't have the money. Faceless men are ruinously expensive

did you watch the last season?

Dany has plot armor while Stannis stepped on daisy chained plot land mine

A lot of that stuff is pretty interesting ASoIaF related content. As for the Not a Blog posts, I'd like to see you give up shitposting on the internet.

actually why didn't Stannis just get melly to birth an army of unstoppable shadow warriors? plothole much?

There's no way Sandor survives the battle at Eastwatch

Sandor's body shipped to King's Landing, takes his face, Arya v Mountain, Cleganebowl confirmed

Yeah, it was terrible
That disgusting bad scene where some army was surrounded clouds my memory. I really don't want to recall it, this is the first time I've done so since last year...

Can you give me the quick rundown?

he didn't have enough lifeforce or some anime shit like that, its the reason melly leaves to go get gendry

sure
- roose died
- ramsay died

hope that helps

Why on earth would they ship his body 2000 miles south

holy fuck dumbass showfags

why didnt he just get some more lifeforce then? like jon snow did?

yeah, GRRM should definitely shitpost until he die and not write a single word in his opus magnum

asking the tough questions bro i have no idea

They're honestly hammering in "Lord of Light has a plan for you!" pretty hard now for Sandor. I doubt he'll die there. I think we will actually see "cleganebowl" in some form.

>Zombie Hound vs Zombie Mountain

the true queen of love and beauty

Why would Asha row 5000 miles to see Theon, get to him, run from dogs, then row 5000 miles back?

I assume they were in the middle of that gaggle fuck of terrible writing and directing outside the gates of winterfell?

I think it's coming back to me in painful spurts my mind sees as useless

this.

i'll add its a bit more than just "was that a joke?" it's more like "we are lannister soldiers thats treason we are suppose to kill people for saying stuff like that". You can't mock king donald trump, you can mock president trump all you want, this wasn't the case in old school monarchys joking or not you could be killed and that would be these guys job.

that said it was a cliche pause thing but it has a legit reason the thought process is "thats treason, we are soldiers we are suppose to kill anyone for saying that, wait its a little girl, shes just joking", if it was just the " is she joking?" part i'd say its dumb, but its the "we have to kill anyone who says that" part that maks the pause alright.

That was such a fucking dumb scene, Jesus

Who the fuck is this Azor Ahai guy? I've watched all seasons and never heard the fuckin' name...

I pledge my pork sword to her vagoo

Aren't all Kingsguard buried in the red keep or something

if the Lord of Light has a plan for him why did he arrange for Brienne to mortally wound him? why not leave him healthy and fighting fit?

basically it went like this

- roose hung himself after realising all the horrible things he'd done
- ramsey was killed by a limpet mine rickon planted in the hem of his jacket before being made to run away to jon snow (although rickon was killed on the way, and thus couldn't warn jon about the plan)

>i watched all the seasons

obviously you didn't pay attention, you filthy showfag

Don't mind that
That's just autistic bookfag name dropping. They're getting rid of all their leftover fecal matter (worthless trivia) since We showfans have eclipsed them

We're on the cutting edge of /got/ and they're literally shaking atm