Why is Sup Forums incapable of discussing film correctly?

Why is Sup Forums incapable of discussing film correctly?

Because you touch yourself

because Sup Forums is full of pseudointellectual losers just like reddit and other forums who have no understanding of the actual art of filmmaking. watching movies does not qualify you for an intelligent and critical discussion of the subject matter, you need to know your shit.
what you're seeing here is little more than opinions and "what I liked about x and what I didn't like" with thr occasional buzzword thrown in.
no one here actually studies film. no one here has ever made a shortfilm or, god forbid, a feature lenght. probably not even a music video. so why do the opinions of such people matter?
at this point, you're better off asking focus groups what they thought about a certain film and you'll pretty much get the same answers as here.
>I liked that and disliked that
it's a shame really, Sup Forums could be a great place to openly discuss films and techniques and screenwriting and shit.
but Sup Forums has always been shit.

>dude you can't discuss film unless you use pretentious unnecessary french jargon like me and my other basement hipster friends

yeah "REDDIT KINO PLEB IMDB PATRICIAN" is much better

>dude muh extremism if you don't talk like me you must be an imbecile ps i have no friends in real life

75% of summer posters haven't seen anything but capeshit and fast&furious/john wick tier shit in their lives.

Because most people here don't watch films designed for people capable of critical thought. Look at this cunt: Pseudointellectual is an automatic insult these people leap for if you're beyond them.

Also, "openly"? Why the fuck would we feel secretive about discussing film? It's not a shameful thing, is it? What the fuck is this cocksucker talking about?

why do americans think french words are pretentious? It's just a language

Then leave you fucking faggot. You sound exactly like the type of pseud you're condemning.

They're dumb

>no one here actually studies film. no one here has ever made a shortfilm or, god forbid, a feature lenght. probably not even a music video.
You never contribured to a filmmakimg general thread, did you?

People with poor taste and life experience use them to try to sound more intelligent, case in point op.

You think that's sad, ask /lit/ to name a single theme from their favorite book and laugh when they can only come up with a one-word motif like "war" or "politics."

>reading for themes

>pseudointellectual losers
>being this new
>trying this hard to fit in

Stop

sure lets discuss films

Is this Mise en Scene movie any good?

looks old, 80's?

Because half the people here are underage spics and the other half are morons from Reddit.

memes

Oohhh is that the new Fincher movie?

I haven't watched a film in years. Unless videogame cutscenes count. It's a pretty gay hobby.

This kind of shit only applies to peolpe who actually want to be filmmakers or professional critics. It's cute how you're trying to show off and be elitist among people who don't actually care in the first place and just enjoy watching movies. And on fucking Sup Forums to boot. Kill yourself

No you pleb.

It is actually a dutch tech noir movie from the seventies. All of Blade Runner was ripped off from it. Learn your movie history.

Because plot is as far as these idiots are willing to engage with film.