New 52 jla member

>new 52 jla member
>new 52 solo comic
>beware the batman
>dc superhero girls
>arrow: season 3
>suicide squad

after so many attempts to push this character, has she become cool to you yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kn-wXyG9ajA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Her mask is shit. She needs a design overhaul.

I like her. If she were get her own solo series with a good enough artist, I'd buy it.

She's aight but those titties look nice.

I liked the film, but she felt the most disposable. Her character moment was well done, but didn't add to the film as a whole.

yeah she's alright

>I'll never own this doll

end my life senpai

I want more Asian chicks.

>after so many attempts to push this character, has she become cool to you yet?

Yeah. She's a solid B-lister now. I hope this costume sticks. It's the best she's ever looked.

Her new 52 run had pretty good art, iirc.

>Does literally nothing the entire movie

It was so weird. She didn't even have a single dialogue with Flagg, and she's supposed to be his "bodyguard".

She also looked so out of place and uncomfortable during the bar scene, it was almost funny.

I might read it later. Is it good?

I like her but never feel like buying toys of her. The costume is cheesy.

I loved her design and concept in this movie but good lord she didn't get to do SHIT in it. One of the things I'm most angry about.

It's pretty boring. Not worth it.

I don't really have anything else to do right now.

Ya, what the other user said. Kinda dull.

>Starts to get more push
>Gets blasted for being sterotype/nationalist costume
>Enter the cycle of tears.

I look forward to this.

I fucking loved that scene in the beginning of the new Batman and the Outsiders when Bats first recruited her. The whole "world in the sword" thing is pretty cool, so is her being friends with Bruce.

Also her solo sucked because ANN FUCKING NOCENTI, who also took a giant shit all over Catwoman.

>after so many attempts to push this character, has she become cool to you yet?
No. Katana will never be cool.

Wait until Injustice2.

>No. Katana will never be cool.

I bet you think Aquaman is lame too.

She's already cooler than batman
Sequel to a really horrible shitty game, no thanks.

Her new 52 run is awful but the mini she just had was pretty alright

This isn't bad. the samurai hip elements and boots really elevate it.

She apparently had a bunch of her scenes like most people who werent Harley and Will.
Remember her eyea were meant to white over like in the trailer

learn english faggot

Fuck you, ill post how i want on my phone

>the mini she just had was pretty alright

What's it called? I'll check it out.

Yea, any character can be "cool" when you ignore everything about him for most of his history and turn him into such a carbon copy imitation of Namor I'm surprised Marvel didn't sue. Aquaman is handled in such a cringe inducing way, you can almost hear the DC editors saying "dark and edgy, just like Namor!" Reading his comics is almost like reading about kids who imitate what they see in tv and movies try to act as "hardcore" as possible in order to impress the others on the playground.

I prefer the sukeban look.

Makes her more distinct than just "dressed like a samurai"

Sukeban.

Suicide Squad Most Wanted: Deadshot/Katana
The trade just has Katana since the floppy is an anthology

Toek black: Cyborg
Toek asian: Katan
Toek latino: Blue beetle
What other toeken minorities is DC forcing on their audience?

>this whole bait

Simon Baz, he's... one of those terrorist countries that Ms. Marvel came from ain't he?

Lebanese, if you please.

>Japanese widow samurai
>not cool

Asians also have Cassandra Cain and Ryan Choi, Hispanics also have Kyle Rayner and Renee Montoya

Niggers have a shit ton of characters

Where are the eskimos? Or Pacific islanders?

Honestly, Beware did it for me, despite her barely resembling her comics counterpart.

I think a lot of it though was just giving her a design that wasn't absolutely hideous. Just having Katana and having her be cool was enough to like, convince me that you could make Katana good.

I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, but the design's great, by far the best she's had, and from clips I've seen it seems like a good take on the character, for what little screentime she has.

The actual story there for her in the comics is pretty alright, with some actually good style to it she could be pulled off really well.

>Or Pacific islanders?
Honestly I wish there were some cool pacific islander heroes.

Hell, the only pacific islander character I can think of is Matatoa.

You know who would actually be cool as a pacific islander? Bane.

Its good, but as someone who isn't really into jap culture or history, I look at that and it just looks like some fashion models trying to cosplay like cutesy yakuza.

A good drawfag could probably do her up in that style and I'd eat up, but right now it doesn't really do anything for me.

Katana will never take off because it's such a vapid character concept. Is Japanese, thus has Japanese sword is really the only core part of her character. It's literally her central defining trait. Cyborg for all their trying to make him the "Black member of the JL" actually has thought put into his character beyond, Is Black, thus has Black weapon. Ryan Choi Atom was asian and had a core character that was thought out, why not push him? It's not like anyone cares about Ray Palmer enough to keep him un-cancelled.

>Ryan Choi hasn't appeared since the nu52 began even though Jim Lee wanted him on the Justice League
>It took years for them to reintroduce Cassandra Cain into the Batbooks and when they did she played second fiddle to Harper Row
>They advertised Omega Men by killing off Kyle Rayner and now that it's canceled he's the only Earth GL not in any books

Also maybe 3 Asian and 3 Hispanic B-list heroes compared to the dozens of whites isn't much

Latina Green Lantern too.

Exactly they're pushing the wrong kick-ass Asian female. The superior model.

She should be good in Injustice

She was also in Batman The brave and the bold cartoon.

>Aquaman post
>Mention Namor in any fashion that isn't "I like them both"

Bait as fuck

Ryan was in Rebirth and is gonna have a book whenever that second wave of titles comes

You forgot she was a playable character in Infinite Crisis too.

Also aren't Atom and Hawkman getting a mini? I think I read that somewhere. If so that'll be Ray Palmer though.

why do they insist on shoving her in our face? yeah, she's technically inclusive to Asian women but she's the grandmaster of Asian steryotypes in literally every aspect of her character. nothing about her is in any way not steryotypical.
also, nothing about her is interetsing

I like Vibe a lot. I think they should push him more than Blue Beetle.

I hope she gets screentime with Batfleck. They look like they'd work well together.

Fuck you I like her look.

Adam Strange/Hawkman mini

Adam Strange and Hawkman

He should get a book with Gypsy traveling the multiverse

And Harley too I guess to keep it alive

Not entirely inaccurate. I feel like attempts to make Arthur "cool" have been handled like what a 13-year-old thinks is "cool" rather than actually making him a cool character. Beard and hook-hand Aquaman in particular reeked of desperation.

>Its good, but as someone who isn't really into jap culture or history, I look at that and it just looks like some fashion models trying to cosplay like cutesy yakuza.

Have you tried not being retarded or actually learning something about Japan?

The Soultaker is cool.

The reason they keep shoving her in our face is because she fits modern edginess yet has 30 years of history.
>See! We dont need to racebend! She's been here all along!

Think of every manga about delinquents except with girls.

A sukeban is a female delinquent. A proper delinquent will fuck you up.

The core part of her character is avenging widow.

How is he suppose to know that? He doesn't read comic books.

Kek

she was cool in that show.

Isn't geoff johns half Lebanese?

Yeah Simon is a bit of a self-insert, though there are some differences (mainly Geoff's family is Christian)

Wouldn't that just make him bisexual?

I like when she finally got her superhero costume, too. Shame it only appeared in one cold open sequence.

>RYUJIN NO KEN WO KURAE

I can't believe I'm saying this but... I'd hotglue that.

Followed by
>we need more diversity in comics

Oh I'm waiting. I don't care what most of Sup Forums says, I really liked the first Injustice. Can't wait for the sequel.

I always mark out when a character is dressed in a banchō getup.

>implying that cutting off your hand at the bottom of the ocean to save your child isnt metal as fuck

>implying you need just as many
As long as you get a few good written characters, who cares? Turning this into a numbers game shifts focus away from quality work. Look at Marvel.

I haven't been keeping an eye on any of that so I don't know anything about her. She looks bland though.

The Suicide Squad redesign of Katana is near-perfect. It's a great look to give her and historically she's always had shitty-ass costumes.

Beware the Batman's pretty good if you can deal with some bad designs and ridiculously underpopulated environments.

She hasn't done much in DC Superhero Girls so far. Her design in it is good.
youtube.com/watch?v=kn-wXyG9ajA

That depends, have we gotten a page with her naked yet?

She was acceptable in Young Justice, cute in Teen Titans. That's about it. She's not even fuckable like Margot Robbie Harley Quinn.

That design is literally a costume swap of Mulan. It was impossible for it to fail.

hey is that the batgirl with the mouth sewn?

No, that's Cassandra Cain, Batgirl.

Movie Katana is way hotter than movie Harley Quinn. Not really much of an achievement though, seeing as Harley looks like a trashy trailer park cumdumpster.

Katana is extremely fuckable and Margot Harley is hot as fuck. We will never get any of that. What is wrong with you Sup Forums? Did you forget how disgusting you actually look in real life?

I'm a hardcore Outsidersfag so I've always loved Katana. She's a bit bland but I'm just happy to see one of my childhood favorites pushed more.

>Cassandra Cain
>Pushed or shilled

Haha oh user only in a perfect world.

>Hawkman and Atom aren't besties in New 52
Shit reboot.

>Also maybe 3 Asian and 3 Hispanic B-list heroes compared to the dozens of whites isn't much

That's a fault on the readership than anything else. Not like DC didn't try.

They keep pushing characters like Jaime and Choi but they don't sell. Pretty sure New Superman, as great as it is, will be the first to get cancelled. The market for these books is a very loud and vocal minority. That's just the sad truth user.

The only reason they're doing well at Marvel right now is because they took a lot of the white options away. It's color or bust.

She's been cool since Batman and the Outsiders in the 80s, you filthy plebeian.

He thinks a character is only cool if they appear outside of comics.

She's so hot damn, and she's only 24

She wasn't in Young Justice

>It's not like anyone cares about Ray Palmer enough

Hey!! I'm a Ray Palmer fanboy!

Ray > Ryan