Will the different accents eventually fade away as American culture continues to gain popularity in other english...

Will the different accents eventually fade away as American culture continues to gain popularity in other english speaking countries? Just like regional dialects in the UK are being taken over by the London dialect.

I see a lot of non-Americans using American english spelling and some even use it when they talk too. Social media is dominated by Americans too and almost all young people are either reading or writing in English on a daily basis and American movies are popular too where they speak American english.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/english-british-accent-dying-out-disappearing-london-a7052461.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tcN-pFmJ0eg
youtube.com/watch?v=gbMSnxDVSEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hopefully yes. Scottish and Aussie English are dirty and impossible to understand by anyone.

As for Brits. The only accent of theirs worth keeping is the posh Queen's British. All that cockney shit belongs in the trash.
Good riddance too.

>Just like regional dialects in the UK are being taken over by the London dialect.
there are multiple London dialects and their influence is decreasing in British culture, not increasing

>regional dialects being taken over by the London dialect.
Are you retarded?

Yes
The Anglosphere can do nothing to stop MUTT power

But I love the cockney accent

Why does she look tired and annoyed?

Fucking awful taste

Mfw non-Californians describe something as bomb/the bomb

Mfw non New Englanders use the word "wicked"

It kinda looks like someone really annoying and unpleasant walked in on her and she's like
>hold up Tyrone
>I have to slap a bitch

resting bitch face

Linguists are already noticing other variants of English becoming increasingly Americanized due to the influence of American media.

>mfw someone calls stickers goatheads

>Just like regional dialects in the UK are being taken over by the London dialect
that's not really happening though.
t. northerner

>Will the different accents eventually fade away as American culture continues to gain popularity in other english speaking countries? Just like regional dialects in the UK are being taken over by the London dialect.
>I see a lot of non-Americans using American english spelling and some even use it when they talk too. Social media is dominated by Americans too and almost all young people are either reading or writing in English on a daily basis and American movies are popular too where they speak American english.
t. guy who only browses Sup Forums and has never been outside

British English is fucking cancer, though

>roight me mates! Me chums 'n me mum will sit on our arse, bollocks what bloody blazes is this! Cor blimey give me a 'and gobernah! Tomfoolery, oy'll say!

English accents which arent west country/Australian/soctish will never be rhotic or use that one vowel Americans have for every vowel

This. Based magyar

we have different dialects everywhere here.
two places can sound radically different even if they're only five minutes away from each other.

No one talks like this.

kys

yeah, it is. it's even happening in my country and other centralized countries.

i'm just asking a question here, if you don't got the answer then don't reply?

Every non-native English speaker in Europe learns to speak with an English accent. You probably do yourself without realizing it, Denmark.

wicked wicked jungle is massive

i speak with danish accent, althrough i can't pronounce 'water' without sounding british

>i'm just asking a question here, if you don't got the answer then don't reply?
but the answer would be predicated on completely false assumptions
basically no, british accents won't all devolve into one accent and american accents won't take over.
american spelling seems more popular in non-anglophone countries though.

regional dialects dying out has been a thing for many decades now, that's not questionable.
see - independent.co.uk/news/science/english-british-accent-dying-out-disappearing-london-a7052461.html

my question was if this could happen on a global scale with social media/television making the world a lot smaller.

cant really speak for anywhere else, but in britain the accent changes arent entirely one-dimensional. for example scouse has only got weirder and stronger as time's gone on, the oldies in liverpool tend to sound more like other lancastrians whereas teenagers have a really noticeably liverpudlian accent. it does seem to me like most of the uk is shifting more towards received pronounciation, but weirdly enough that also seems to me to be in decline in (south) london where everybody (including native whites) tries to talk like a jamaican, which doesnt really seem to be a thing in america. americanisations seem really prevalent though, hear really weird things sometimes like my m8 referring to a plaster as a band-aid when i dont think that brand even exists in britain.
i think the differences will change - brits will start referring to lorries as trucks and mobiles as cell phones, but the cultures arent identical so we'll different differences, like a ton of stupid london mutt speak as well. bit grim really

>the only accents that exist in england are queens english and cockney

sick of this meme, barely anyone speaks cockney anyway

because some autist made a photoshop of her having sex with farming equipment

>whitest region in great britain (96% white british)
>comfiest accents
>nordic/anglo-saxon DNA,direct descendants of northumbrian kangz and vikangz
>closest dialect to old english
>once mistook a monkey for a frenchman and so publicly hanged it
>tough former miners and industrial workers, uncucked, chads

NORTH EAST ENGLAND BEST ENGLAND

if you listen to people talking from different parts of the country, dialects are still going strong in some places but now most places just have a different accent and no different words

of course there are still dialects and there will always be some of it left, but if you go back 50 years ago you'll notice the difference and much if you go 50 years in the future

isn't that region really depressing/suicidal?

yeah even my parents speak differently to me

>isn't that region really depressing/suicidal?
yeah, but melancholy is aesthetic and /white/

Proper cracking post lad

My countrymen who affect an """"Amerrrican""" accent comes off as trashy or just sound like flips which is the same thing. Cultured English accent is still the RP but only the older generations use it. Nowadays, we have our own Malaysian English accent.

youtube.com/watch?v=tcN-pFmJ0eg

Forgive my ignorance, but is Yorkshire in this general region?

nah he sounds like a geordie (newcastle)

But that's all in Northeast England, correct? I only ask because I can hear some similarities.

yeah lad

Probably. The interesting thing is burgers are picking up on as much English slang as we have picked up on theirs in the age of the internet.

All of our middle class accents have become homogenized or gone extinct, and most people have bland midwestern accents, while poor people retain their hideous regional accents

That's not true at all.

yeah "interesting" is one way to put it, embarrassing as fuck is another

Nah it's about 50:50 whether they sound burger or bong in my experience

yes it is, what part of the country are you from?

Chicago.

I saw some mutts calling each other mate on a facebook mastermind group yesterday, thought it was qt.

I bet you consider that heinous Chicago/Great Lakes accent "middle class". It isn't

Middle class people here sound like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=gbMSnxDVSEs

people write m8 and stuff online here, but you'd probably be physically assaulted if you said it out loud or any form of British slang as an American. People get irrationally aggravated by any amount of poshness or "pretentiousness"

it's a bit of a shame because your slang is a bit more flexible and amusing

The Austtalian accent is not changing. Suprisingly we have different dialects as well. Up here in Queensland and the Northern Territory the accents are quite thick. Where as I guess down in Victorias Melbourne it still sounds Australian but with a hint of American to it