Who is your country's George Washington? Your GW should have the following characteristics

Who is your country's George Washington? Your GW should have the following characteristics.

>Be of historical importance in the establishment of your country, either at it's inception or in it's current form
>Be near universally respected (only the edgiest of fucks have negative things to say about this person)
>Almost any/every citizen of your country knows who this person is, knows basic facts about them.

BONUS:
>Is featured on your currency somewhere
>Has achieved near mythical status regarding legends or commonly repeated stories

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kWjkqw7SeRI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Russia_(Russia_TV)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dom Pedro II

William the Silent

Tadeusz Ko[spoiler][/spoiler]ciuszko

>Be near universally respected (only the edgiest of fucks have negative things to say about this person)
>Has achieved near mythical status regarding legends or commonly repeated stories

Well, these things don't really apply. He is mystified in the sense that he is regarded as the pure embodiment of Realpolitik, Machiavellianism and power politics.

He is considered to be an opportunist cunt and controversial figure by most.

Wtf I hate g*rmans now.

Holy shit this poor guy. I just skimmed his Bio. He's a reluctant servant monarch and emperor, doesn't want to rule but understands that he must, uses everything he has to make Brazil a bastion of freedom, independence, security, and what not AND THEN his reward is a couple edgy military faggots oust him cause they feel like it, with little to no support, and he dies in exile.

What a tragedy.

Lost more battles than won. Incompetent bumbling dilettante set up as the fall guy should things go south but became a figurehead after the French came to the rescue.

How dare you compare these people to George Washington? I've never heard if any of them.

>never heard of Otto von Bismarck

You are a fucking imbecile.

How about you post his fucking name next time then, faggot?

I don't need to because everyone who doesn't border historical illiteracy can recognize this image.

Gamal Abd El Nasser
Although I hate that faggot , he's GW of MENA

>thinking German history is relevant anywhere in the world
I bet most Germans wouldn't even recognize that image, being as unpatriotic as they are.

Stop

He was fine with being exiled. He didn't want to rule but was too prideful to just drop it. The coup gave him the the opportunity to leave honorably.

This one, by far, except that this point
Goes to Manuel Rodriguez

We don't have demigods but he comes close

There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America.

this

Europe today is a powder keg and the leaders are like men smoking in an arsenal … A single spark will set off an explosion that will consume us all … I cannot tell you when that explosion will occur, but I can tell you where … Some damned foolish thing in the Balkans will set it off.

youtube.com/watch?v=kWjkqw7SeRI

"The greatest political fact of modern times is the inherited and permanent fact that North America speaks English."

John A. Macdonald is the closest thing Canada has to a George Washington

Did he burn down the White House?

He was the one that caused the Suez Canal Crisis and basically stunted on the UK?

>Be of historical importance in the establishment of your country, either at it's inception or in it's current form
He was the son of a nobleman executed in the stockholm bloodbath, he lead the final rebellion against the kalmar union and was elected king, carried out the protestant reformation, his reforms practically rebuilt the country from scratch, and made us rich and strong again after having picked up a country ravaged by war and in massive debt.
He was very ruthless in his methods (murdering aristocrats he suspected of plotting against him or in order to gain their lands, seizing church property, raising tax, brutally stomping out rebellions) but the country was better off in the end for it. From the 1800s forward to pretty recently he has been idolized as a kind hearted uncle type, but as the romanticism wears off we can see he wasn't quite that. Still the things he did was for good in the end and pretty much everyone has good things to say about him.
>Almost any/every citizen of your country knows who this person is, knows basic facts about them.
Yep. He is called the father of the nation.
>BONUS:
He used to be featured on the 1000 kronor bills.
Yep. A heapload of tales about his adventures fleeing from pursuing danes prior to the rebellions beginning and skiing about the countryside trying to raise the national spirit of the peasants exist. There is one famous one where he is hiding from the danes disguised as a peasant in a farmers house. Some danish soldiers come and knock on the door looking for him and in order to keep his disguise seeming realistic the farmers wife beats him and treats him like shit.

>Not posting pic related

>skiing about the countryside trying to raise the national spirit of the peasants

Beautiful image.

>disguised as a peasant in a farmers house. Some danish soldiers come and knock on the door looking for him and in order to keep his disguise seeming realistic the farmers wife beats him and treats him like shit.

Even more beautiful image

Not posting pic related?

Either De Gaulle or Napoleon, although I don't know/care if foreigners like them, they're great period.

He's making a joke. Your flag looks like the Texas State Flag. Sam Houston is an important historical figure in texas.

We have a few.

Niklas Teslaström, inventor of the electrical meatball and fermented herring induced electrolysis

Arguably, her too. She was more of a symbol, but what a symbol.

I'd fuck Joan of Arc, desu. Her pussy must smell like glory.

We have Lenin.

Im curious, who is it really? Since the Soviets all got the in damnatio memoraie treatment, who's the Russian national hero. Historically Alexander? Who's the father of the federation, even with as new as it is?

I'm not even willing to blame this the education system. You are just retarded

>Rebelled against his mother to win the country's independence
>Removed some Castillians who were mad about that
>After that, removed Moors until his death
>His line continued his work

Pretty much everyone knows this guy, since he's regarded as the nation's founder. I've never heard anyone talk shit about him. He also has a bunch of stories about him, like being able to hold a longsword that took many men to lift, or constantly challenging other monarchs to single combat, which they always refused in fear of him.

All that national hero theme is really controversial, so there is a lot of different opinions. Lenin, Stalin, Peter the Great etc

Don't lewd the saint, you monster.

>constantly challenging other monarchs to single combat
Fucking based.

Literally "fite me irl" the Monarch

San Martin

>Crossed the Andes with an army
>Myth: It is said to be half indian but to was adopted by a patrician family.
It is to be seen though

Napoléon I

Jesus christ
End your life

I get to claim this too :^^^^^)

never.

>Since the Soviets all got the in damnatio memoraie treatment
Government flip flops on this, considering that they are successor of USSR if they condemn it too much it would hurt their legitimacy too.
There is noticeable divide though.

"elite" upper class = Various Empire rulers.

"bydlo" lower class = Soviet rulers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Russia_(Russia_TV)

Jesus...

This guy, he was the first president in America to legalize women vote and one of the first in secularize the gov, he also made economic reforms that made uruguay a first world country at the time, under his rule, the PIB per cápita increased 84% and alfabetization rates became 98%, he also made a good relationship with Europe

He isn't wrong though, Washington is only "universally respected" because the Continental Congress built a quasi cult of personality around him. He was a great politician, but a terrible general.

That'd be Guadalupe Victoria.

>War of Independence General and first president of Mexico
>Served through his whole 6 years tenure (extremely rare in post-Independent Latin America as a whole)
>Not power hungry, left when his tenure was over

Bonus myth
>His actual name was José Miguel Ramón Adaucto Fernández y Félix, but he took on / was called "Guadalupe Victoria" (Our Lady of Guadalupe's Victory) to revere the triumph of Mexican independence helped by God though Mother Mary in her mexican variant (Guadalupe).

not him but seriously, don't do that

harald fairhair is considered to be the first king of norway. his father, halfdan the black, also tried to unify the country but he died before that happened. harald then went on to subjugate all of the norwegian petty kings
just about anyone have heard of him and ive never heard anyone talk shit about him
most know he was our first king, and some know the romantic tale of how he became known as "fairhair"
we don't really know what he looked like so no
the story of him falling in love with a woman who refused to marry him unless he became king of all norway. he then vowed to never touch his hair until he had reached this goal. at this point, he was known as harald tangledhair. he at last married this woman and his friend, the jarl of more, cut his hair and declared him to be harald fairhair. it's also said this jarl was the father of rollo and therefore a direct ancestor of william the conqueror. it's also said that harald was raised in the mountains by odin himself