All he had to do was break the fucking statue

All he had to do was break the fucking statue. Then he could have blown Bismuth off and never used the damn thing. SU is so fucking autistic sometimes that it pisses me off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JIPRCo_2gU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All you had to do is use the fucking general.

What would lying to Bismuth accomplish? She woulda been mad that you didn't want to use it when the time comes. Pretending you want to use it is just delaying the inevitable.

>abloobloo SU is popular

>i greentext instead of addressing why I'm acting like a fag.

>Steven simply states the truth, he doesn't want to use it
>shit escalates through no fault of Steven's
>"HOLY SHIT THIS IS AUTISTIC"
No, user. I'm afraid that you are the one who is autistic.

It buys time and adds a body to the CG's who are seriously out wymyned.

Yes. Lying is the thing to do.
Making a lie with the benefit of hindsight would have solved everything.

>I'm a special snowflake!

It doesn't have to make sense, it's entertainment.

Bismuth would prob start some shit like 2 days later after she sees Lapis or Peridot, and they'd deal with her anyways

you mean like how Rose lied to the remaining CGs and not telling them that she was actually in her lion?

>Sparing someone's feelings
>Autistic

Steven lies all the time, this should've been one of those times.

Then stop watching the shitty show faggot.

Bismuth was mentally unstable. She seriously thought she could singlehandedly take down an entire empire with one weapon. Steven did the right thing by not indulging in her delusions.

A fictional character doesn't do something you would do and you freak out?
no user your the autist.

Ebin.

>LET'S GO MURDER SOME PEOPLE, user!
>No, friend. That is not a good idea. Murdering is not a good idea.
>HOLY SHIT! WHY ARE YOU HURTING MY FEELINGS, user?! YOU INSENSITIVE FAGGOT!
kek

Kay, watever you say, champ.

The difference is OP is suggesting a lie based on information Steven didn't have at the time.
He didn't know Bismuth was going to flip out like that. So he had no reason to not say how he felt about the situation.

Generals are for faggots and niggers, which are you?

Steven is an asshole and a pussy at the same time. He didn't break the statue because muh symbolism

watch out this dude doesnt fuck around, he knows bad words and isn't afraid to use them

OP you have got to be the biggest pussy to ever post on Sup Forums.
Steven is a leader of Gems, not some non-confrontational faggot looking to weasel his way out of life's problems.

Bismuth's mindset was the biggest threat, not the fucking weapon. Steven had to address it or Bismuth would probably continue smithing bigger and better murder weapons and genocide all of homeworld for "the cause".

You don't let shit like that fester into cancer that rots your rebellion from the inside out, you cut it loose.
>It buys time and adds a body to the CG's who are seriously out wymyned.
And what happens when Bismuth gets to convincing Amethyst that Homeworld gems should be shattered on sight? Ame is still young and impressionable. What if this ideology had spread to all the Crystal Gems during the rebellion? they would have turned on themselves faster than Disney/Marvel presents Civil War and neutralized themselves until Earth was destroyed.

You're a coward and a moron, OP. Reflect on your life choices and reassess your living situation.

I was just stating the truth, user. Generals are for faggots and niggers. Now, which one are you?

>Implying it wouldn't be Lapis acknowledging that a Bismuth was the one who make her be trapped as a mirror to begin with.

Yeah but Steven can't do anything violent unless it involves murdering Kevin's entire family.

>Some crazy nigga says they got a new gat to blast on some fools
>"Hey user, I want you to try this shit out, cuz yo pops and I was tight back in the day."
>Thinking this situation would end well if you refused

Straight Busta.

Steven had more balls than OP. He didn't agree with Bismuth so he stood his ground instead of being a pussy.

And let's not forget the problem of escalation. If Homeworld realizes that the rebels are slaughtering any soldiers they send to deal with the problem, how much longer until they decide to take another nuclear option? It's not like they couldn't just completely crush Earth if they wanted. The Crystal Gems only survive because the empire doesn't really care all that much about this particular ball of dirt anymore.

Garnet is the leader of the CG, dipshit.

Steven didn't want to use a weapon that violent. It's as simple as that. People don't always do the most logical things under pressure and don't have that great of foresight.

The REAL question is: Why did they need to bubble her again? Rose it made sense why she did what she did. Her army was large and she didn't want this controversial idea ever seeing the light of day. There would have been too much in fighting over whether that would hurt or help their cause.

The modern crystal gems aren't that big though and they all would have probably disapproved of it. I'm sure they could have a cival talk about the matter and keep Bismuth around.

Because crazy eyes only signed on for a couple episodes. I can't believe CN openly lied about having Bismuth being the newest member of the team when she's only going to be around for an episode or two.

Bismuth is cray. She'll use that shit on Steven while he's sleeping or something.

>Garnet is the leader of the CG, dipshit.
current acting leader. field commander.
are you dense enough to presume the CGs aren't grooming Steven to lead them?
when Garnet is in doubt she looks to him for how to proceed.
They believe in Steven.
He is their leader and the future savior of all worlds.

I like this episode, blew tumblr right the fuck out.

>The REAL question is: Why did they need to bubble her again?
She's a danger to everyone around her as long as the CGs are still at war with Homeworld.
She'll probably be unbubbled when it's time to answer for her crimes against Lapis or when there is peace between all gems and humanity.

holy shit, my best friend is literally Bismuth

>tumblr btfo
>all quotes sourced from 1 blog
this meme bores me.

That actually was a saving grace of this episode for me. I actually thought Bismuth was like blm. Didn't think tumblr would've thought the same thing and gotten pissed off by it.

The first battle where he doesn't use it, she will turn on them and then they'll have another enemy to deal with. Stupid as hell, user.

I didn't make the screenshot but I'm browsing tumblr right now and it seems like the episode blew a ton of those racists the fuck out.

J E S U S

there's a shitload of various blogs i can't be assed to post the screenshots from, theyre in the general

>doesn't want to use fisty nail
>quick, probably painless, one swift motion, victims don't wake up to the shame of having poofed, don't get captured and tortured by the enemy after reforming

>wants to use swords, studded whips, gauntlets, etc.
>slash through opponents' bodies, pummel them into nonexistence, constrict and crush them, impale them, electrocute them
>when they wake up, they've been shamed and probably captured for information
>in the CGs' case, you don't wake up, you're forever locked in a bubble in the ugliest room in the temple unless some squeaky faggot kid trips on your bubble while he has a seizure
>in this case, you relive what happened in the first place, then get locked away again

Between this and Mr. Greg how long until Tumblr turns on this show for not being ideologically pure enough?

Are you forgetting that shattered Gems aren't quite dead? That there's a piece of their mind still trapped in a broken and fragmented Hell?

The CG's treat him like a kid. They're at war with homeworld, I doubt they'd trust him with anything they thought was actually a serious threat.

Sure, when they're fused together in a clusterfuck

youtube.com/watch?v=2JIPRCo_2gU

Even shards that aren't fused together have some form of agency and thought. And can't imagine it's a pleasant existence.

If a regular Jasper can crush a gem in her fist, why would anyone care about some gem-shattering weapon? That made zero sense.

Inb4 but SU is entertainment so it doesn't need to make sense.

how did they not like mr greg?

>Didn't think tumblr would've thought the same thing and gotten pissed off by it.
radical leftists and right-wingers typically both hold the same racist prejudices and biases.
the difference is what actions they take based upon those beliefs. perpetuating these racist ideas still actually is in the best interest of both parties in order to perpetuate their echo-chamber ideologies. Real lasting change that addresses the core problems merits no profit for either side.
No matter who wins, the poor and disenfranchised will still get the shit end regardless.

>Inb4 but SU is entertainment so it doesn't need to make sense.
INFINITE
POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Why are tumblrinas always so angry?

and they talk?? like this???

It's like their lack of empathy leads them to anger

Won't happen until there's a new, even more progressive show to take its place

It probably takes a fair bit of effort to actually crush it, and not something you wanna stop to do while a battle is raging.

i think the implication was that it could shatter a gem while they were still in their physical form, or instantly poof them, fuck if i know

>Even shards that aren't fused together have some form of agency and thought

Source?

so why didn't they call the weapon a pile-bunker cause thats what it is

>I doubt they'd trust him with anything they thought was actually a serious threat.
If you don't watch the show then stop wasting this board's time.

the cluster

The most vocal tumblr users are straight white girls who pretend to understand the plight of gays and blacks. They also like to phrase statements as questions...?? Like valley girl stereotypes..???? That's why so many tumblrites talk?? that way??????

I forget which, but we saw it in one of the really early episodes.

They sent Peri with him, numbnuts.

to be fair, asian girls do that, too. (Amethyst's VA for example...)

They flipped the fuck out over the possibility that some people might interpret the dance over a starlight backdrop during an elton john style piano ballad as romantic and might fuel Greg/Pearl shipping

Wide scale bellyaching and harassment of Greg/Pearl shippers soon followed

And here I am. Four hours later. Just now realizing that Bis-SMITH runs the FORGE.
Goddamn I'm usually good with puns.

>tumblr is so buttblasted over Bismuth not staying
Good. The very prospect made my cock twitch a little.

>They sent Peri with him, numbnuts
are you suggesting the CGs trust Peridot, a Homeworld traitor that only just stopped trying to murder them all and was still struggling with her diamond-worshiping indoctrination over the flesh and blood reincarnation of their glorious quartz-leader??
You are lost.

Do you suppose they're gonna keep using the weapon mods Bismuth gave them?

>If I was bullied, and later found a way to murder my bully, that apparently makes ME the villain??

Tumblr is a crazy place.

>Being this new

Ofc

>Bismuth hits
>3 separate SU hate threads on the same episode
>General burns through 3 or 4 topics in the course of a day
>Sup Forums will still try to pretend it doesn't care way too much about Steven Universe

>I hate SU but I felt compelled to post on a SU

Maybe you should go back to jerking off to The Loud House.

The inability to understand themes that really aren't so complex blows me away. She's a war criminal that happens to have been on the same side as the hero's. These people have such nutso absolutist systems of morals

>funnyfedoraneckbeard.meme

Pearl was practically creaming herself over Bismuth. She blushed like 20 times.

Is this going to be how she moves on?

It's a 1hit-kill weapon that even the most weakling gem could use to permanently fuck up elite-tier gems. Equipping the entire CG army with it could've made them unstoppable.

She just can't resist bara lesbians.

Hey Sup Forums had a mental breakdown trying to understand the message of the racing episode despite it being pretty straight forward.

>artsy types revealed to be fascists and genocidal

Where have I heard that before?

No, they sent Steven with her.

I am the "totally not gay I just like any character whose thing is being muscly and strong" troll, I can only be appeased by seeing pictures of my muscly Donald Trump-esque waifu being muscly.

but user, he's better than Rose.

>this weapon can possibly make the home world fuck off forever
>Potentially saving everybody on Earth
>ITS NOT RIGHT TO KILL DEH LESBO SPACE ROCK :(((((

Generals are cancer. Go away carcinogen.

That's not the point. She was mentally unstable and let her anger make her decisions. She was intent on waging a brutal war to feed her anger, no matter the cost, and that's not why Rose rebelled. That's not who she was.

In any case, for a "Dom" episode, this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

But now that we know that elements can be gems, what does that mean for the other elements? Gold? Iron? Uranium?

>#AllGemLivesMatter
uhh, yeah. I think that's exactly the point Steven was trying to make??
which side of the argument is that one guy supposedly on?

If they start using the weapon, Homeworld will respond in kind, very likely reverse engineering similar technology, escalating until it's a pure bloodbath.

At least this way, diplomacy/peace can eventually be an option. Believe in Steven

But what about the still oppressed homeworld gems?

5000+ years have passed. I mean, they have invented a lot ever since.

>implying it would have made a difference
>implying the home world wouldn't just glass the planet even sooner
>implying that the weapon doesn't go a against what Rose wanted rebellion to stand for.

>everyone taking away from the episode that Bismuth is some kind of offensive take on stereotypes of black violence.
>no-one seeing the obvious, war makes people in savage beasts trope.

Tumblr really is just a bunch of noisy little children.

There was nothing special about it, other than that you aim it at their gem.

It's already evident they want earth destroyed so if home world had the resources to quickly destroy Earth, they would've by now, especially after peridots insulting defection.

I can partly agree. Bismuth was in the wrong. But there was no reason to bubble her and keep her in temple.

Obviously the writers aren't done with her but it's kind of a crummy way to end the story.