Shape of Water Trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=XFYWazblaUA

Bioshock meets the Creature from the Black Lagoon with Michael Shannon

Other urls found in this thread:

denofgeek.com/us/movies/hellboy/264724/hellboy-abe-sapien-spinoff-movie-almost-happened
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

will Del Taco ever do something that isn't derivative?

You have to admit he is a pretty good deriver though

>an /x/ love story

Damn cryptids stealing our womenfolk

Isn't that the water man from Hellboy
Looks neat anyway

FISH'D

>tfw no mermaid gf

Basically if you mixed Abe with Creature from the Black Lagoon

>water man

The absolute state of capeshit.

hold on a fucking second, isn't this pretty much abe sapiens origin story?
holy shit hellboy 3 CONFIRMED

same actor too lol

Isn't it a little too early for a Splice remake, Del Hacko??

>this December you will believe a fish can bang a woman

del taco is kino already

fucking trailer gives away the whole movie.

yes it is, also a bit of Little Mermaid with her not having a voice
no, they're remaking Hellboy remember?

is this gonna be GDT's oscar bait? all his friends got oscars now.
Still milking that Pans Labyrinth buzz

>trailer shows Michael Shannon character wounded in the chest and dying

Gee, great story

an instant classic!

looks really good, great cast too.

shannon is a top shelf villain always.

>watching trailers

Not like it was the purpose of this thread or anything.

>they kill michael shannon, flee to a movie theatre where abe briefly experiences the real world before dying
gee thanks for the whole plot trailer

why did they show Shannon dying... we really need reform in the trailer departments of jewwywood

maybe he doesn't die there?

This movie had so much potential to be more than just an OK movie.

The love of eggs kind of pushes it over the edge from similar to wtf

This reminds me of that comic where the chick jerks off a fish dude and his cum flies several feet

>this could be called Creature from the Black Lagoon
>Del Toro could be in charge of the Universal Monsters instead of Kurtzman

>Michael Shannon plays an angry sperg again

RIVETING

I think it might be a touch too weird for Oscar bait nowadays, since most of the new oscar bait involves some kind of race or real world prejudice, like Detroit, but it's definitely a far cry from something like Pacific Rim

that's mostly the studio/distributor. not even paul thomas anderson gets to cut his own trailers or decide how the movie is promoted

anyway, i think it's more del taco trying to make his own beauty and the beast than oscar baiting

Neonomicon.
One can only hope for fishy handjobs.

Shannon is so fucking based. The guy belongs in another era. He should be in every studio Western, every hard boiled cop show or brutal war movie, all of that Lee Marvin shit

How can he even compete?

nope I checked it again, his entire chest is completely soaked in blood

The studio is pushing it for Oscars. It got the typical mid-December just in under the line for Oscar consideration release date like Fences did last year.

he's pretty much michael cera
every single film he plays an agitated sperg
take shelter, revolutionary road, midnight special, nocturnal animals, the iceman
also he was in kangaroo jack

slightly interesting premise but lately (the last decade or so) del taco is a talent at taking something interesting and reducing it to mindnumbingly boring tripe when it comes to execution

Is there anything more pleb than caring about spoilers?

so Amelie with gill-man

>every single film he plays an agitated sperg
qft

same role in boardwalk empire and superman

in 20 minutes I can piece together the entire plot start to finish from the trailer
do you want me to do that?

Nothing Innaritu or Curon has done comes close to Pan's labyrinth.

also was one in 8 mile
but he's really good at being an agitated sperg

Amelie was not a mute and was a fucking emotional terrorist

Sherlock whogivesashit over here

Gravity, Revanant > Pans Labyrinth.

The Strain is irrefutable proof of the opposite

>Fantasy movie against Star Wars
>Interspecies romance for the oscars
I thought studios knew a little more about the business they're in

>Michael Shannon
>Richard Jenkins
>Michael Stuhlbarg

hell yes. cant help but get excited for this

>>Interspecies romance for the oscars
sounds like something they'll go for

just make it an allegory about interracial and BOOM Oscar

It seems great. I like the aesthetic.

>DEL TORO

DROPPED

The lead actress has the appeal of a partially burned Naugahyde Rhea Perlman Muppet being operated by an autistic on Ambien.

Sally Hawkins is amazing, didn't you see Happy Go Lucky?

You better be pretending to be retarded.

then they should've tried with a sexier species. Probably a furry version would've been much more successful.

I've heard plenty of girls that want to fuck Simba, but none who want to fuck a fish.

Speak to the point, counselor.

This is true. Richard Jenkins particularly is an incredible actor and I am always excited when he is in something. Bone Tomahawk was fantastic.

i feel that this will be revealed to be some kind of Hellboy prequel.
The fish creature looks almost exactly like Abe Sapien, it even eats eggs just like Abe.
That's probably Del Taco trying to sneak Hellboy inside his movie without the studio noticing.
Maybe Del Taco is doing it like M. Night and wants to make a secret companion movie (Split, Shape of Water) to an earlier classic (Unbreakable, Hellboy 2) to get the sequel for the earlier classic greenlit...

>aquatic humanoid
>it's another gillman ripoff

watched the whole flick in the trailer

If you really think that knowing the plot is the most important thing about a movie then you are a pleb of the highest order

I never cared for interspecies romance, but it does look beautiful.

Hope Del Toro gets to make his Lovecraft movie someday.

He could have by now if he actually had the will and the balls

Is this in the same cinematic universe as pale man?

Pale man vs Gill man when?

From here it's not far off from falling in love with satan or some goat headed demon spawn, created into some gene lab. This will come after the trans stuff. Demon fucking.

I thought it didn't work out because the studios didn't want to finance an expensive R-rated movie?

Further proof that Mexicans are the most racist people in the western hemisphere

t. Arizonan

Why do I feel like the merman is using her :(

I trust nothing anymore, not even myself desu.

It is vital to over overall experience of the movie that you take the journey as it was intended. Having knowledge of what happens around every corner changes the context of literally everything on screen. Otherwise, in medias res and other methods of storytelling wouldn't even be a thing. Kill yourself.

>The Shape of Water An other-worldly fairy tale, set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1963 In the hidden high-security government laboratory where she works, lonely Elisa is trapped in a life of silence and isolation. Elisa's life is changed forver when she and co-worker Zelda discover a secret classified experiment.

>Abe Sapien began his life as Langdon Everett Caul, a Victorian scientist and businessman who became involved with the Oannes Society, an occult organization who believed in life and all knowledge having come from the sea. After retrieving a strange jellyfish-like deity from an underwater ruin, Caul and the other members performed an arcane ritual that inadvertently ended with the creature's release and Caul being turned into an ichthyo sapien. Believing him to be Oannes reborn, the society sealed the developing icthyo sapien's body in a tube of water in the hidden laboratory beneath a Washington, D.C.. hospital until such time as he was fully formed. Forced to abandon the site by the outbreak of the American Civil War, the Society never found occasion to return for Caul, and there he stayed until he was found by workmen in November 1978.
With no memory of his life before, the icthyo sapien received a new name from a piece of paper attached to the tube, dated the day of Abraham Lincoln's assassination (April 14, 1865). Abe Sapien was taken to the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense (BPRD) for a gruelling round of research by curious BPRD scientists, and was saved from vivisection by an empathetic Hellboy. Thereafter, Abe entered the ranks of the BPRD as a valued field agent, embarking on his first mission with Hellboy in 1979.

What if this lead to BPRD movie?

just kidding, we will never ever see bprd on a screen ;_;

Is he, dare I say it, are hack?

BPRD would suck as a movie, it needs a high budget tv series

they said the same thing about Crimson Peak and it was meh. Del Taco hasn't made a good movie in a decade.

At one point that was an Abe Sapien spin off in development

denofgeek.com/us/movies/hellboy/264724/hellboy-abe-sapien-spinoff-movie-almost-happened

that trailer spoiled like 90% of the movie.

how is it bioshock

just because of the year its set in and water related?

you are a fucking spastic

>ywn see a cinematic Universal Monsters universe with Del Toro serving as the Feige, producing films with an unparalleled horror aesthetic and strong emotional core

Mud and Loving and Groundhog Day

>the icthyo sapien received a new name from a piece of paper attached to the tube, dated the day of Abraham Lincoln's assassination (April 14, 1865)

But... why is this part of his origin not explained when they fleshed out his origin?

WATERED

Considering he had a near infinitude of other options for style? Yes, its him aping Bioshock.

Sad he's a raging liberal tho

He's just method acting a creature of the black lagoon.

Looks interesting, but I'm not paying for a Del Toro movie after Pacific Rimjob.

The Strain is intentionally goofy, and Guillermo only served as a producer after the pilot anyway so it hardly counts.

Sad you're autistic enough to care

Well, I've been firmly on Team Guillermo ever since the Devil's Backbone.

So yes, I'll go see the Hellboy prequel.

Lobster Johnson movie when!?

So this wet garbage will be more profitable than Lovecraft? I blame comics faggots and the vaginal Jew.

never ever

Lovecraft is overrated trash for steampunk cosplayers

That's Lord Baltimore

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh please?

It's look like a rehash of Abe Sapien with visuals ripped directly from Bioshock.

Is this rated R?

the most idiotic trailer in a long time

And this is Sir Edward Grey, we will never see him or any of Mignola characters on screen again.