Why are they so stupid? I don't get it

Why are they so stupid? I don't get it.
When I was younger I thought that the 'dumb Americans' thing was just a meme, forged by Europeans out of envy.
However the more I meet Americans, the more I realize that they are almost all deeply ignorant by European standards, and totally oblivious and naive about that.
For example their knowledge of history is limited to WWII.
How is that possible in a developed nation? What is so flawed in their education system?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/americans-living-paycheck-to-paycheck/
youtube.com/watch?v=q_kQbGLY63M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

America is a land of extremes. They have ultra geniuses and the dumbest people ever. They have Michael Phelps but also people who weigh 800lbs, etc.

>For example their knowledge of history is limited to WWII

i watched an American education documentary and things like history and geography were regarded as unimportant compared to more important subjects, so they do not get important emphasis compared to other curriculum.

Why would your typical American be knowledgeable of European history and society?

We grew up and now we truly see

>When I was younger I thought that the 'dumb Americans' thing was just a meme, forged by Europeans out of envy.
Same, I was always the first to defend them.

I don't understand how a people could be so stupid while living in the country with the greatest schools worldwide

The more you know about history, the more you understand the world.

The average European knows about the declaration of independence in the US, the civil war, the great depression etc...

>They have ultra geniuses and the dumbest people ever
An import and a domestic product respectively.

Most Europeans on here usually claim that those are all irrelevant and they never learned about them.

only the universities are good
everything else is garbage and I will always be intellectually stunted now

This has always been my perspective as well. I think maybe all the "be yourself" and "everyone is important" they pump out has stopped idiots from being suppressed by societal shame or something. Otherwise, I don't get how Americans can be simultaneously some of the dumbest people I've ever met and the smartest too.

There's certainly social pressure to appear dumber than you are. People view those they perceive as "know-it-alls" with disdain and suspicion.

Schools here are either African missionary school tier or amazing and there is zero middle ground. The amazing schools are private schools reserved the for the rich and promising minorities. It's an effort to have a permanently stunted and stupid populace that can never become anything. Most people here have never taken Pre-Calculus

What have Americans been ignorant of in your experience? Also, i doubt your average Swiss knows much about Paraguay for instance

I've had the same experience.
I used to try and give Americans a fair chance, but the older you get the more you realise you're seeing things that aren't there. They really are just idiots.

>It's an effort to have a permanently stunted and stupid populace that can never become anything.
Not true. The economy needs consumers.

another easily hidden attack thread from foreigners

People can be consumers without being braindead, it's just that braindead ones are easier to manipulate into buying cheap garbage. Then they get fat and you can profit off their insecurities by selling them weight loss fads that don't work because they're too dumb to figure it out themselves

It's a real problem and if you don't think it is you ARE the problem

I'm not particularly offended, because I recognize what he's talking about.

>What have Americans been ignorant of in your experience?

Each time I've discussed geopolitics with an American, he started having ultra simplistic reasoning, almost like a child. And they get all their facts wrong.
For example your average American will unironically believe the no-go zone stories.

There really isn't anything wrong with what OP said.

Have you actually been to America? I only have so much patience for people who read several articles and think they know everything about a foreign country or can only offer meaningless anecdotes.

At least we aren't Aussies.

Well, unlike Europeans, alot of Americans (at least the ones I've met) have never had the desire, nor the opportunity to venture out of their nation. If they have no desire to do this, then why would they give a shit about European history, geography, or culture? Besides, it's not like Europeans want us in their lands anyway, right?

>average American
You mean Fox News viewers.

M8 our public education system is one of the best in the world. Or at least it was before the coalition got back into power.

They don't need to know history that don't have a relation with USA, also
>I realize that they are almost all deeply ignorant by European standards
And here we consider Europeans to be ignorant be South American standards, so as long as Americans are not ignorants based on Americans standards is all right

You mean kool-aid drinkers.

Another great thing about being American is you're not allowed to criticize our country.
>Criticizing our healthcare makes you a entitled communist
>Criticizing our foreign policy makes you terrorist supporter.
>Criticizing our criminal justice system makes you an ungrateful cop hater.
>Criticizing our politicians makes you a partisan hack.
>Criticizing quality of life makes you a traitor.
>Criticizing religion makes you hate the American way of life
We're so fucked.

We learnt about it but for like one class session.

Americans are cattle

But usually those that do criticize are mostly these people. I still am floored we have people pushing the blacklivesmatter lies with all the documented proof their crusades are wrong.

>You mean Fox News viewers.
I'm sure the garbage MSNBC pushes out is so well informed.

>For example your average American will unironically believe the no-go zone stories.
But there are no-go zones. This was proven by the riots in paris last summer. There are no-go zones in the us as well.

stop lying. do you even leave your room? those who discuss geopolitics with real people irl don't go shopping for opinions and validation of others on a fucking basket weaving forum.

>why don't Americans know about Europe compared to us Europeans haha they are so stupid
overzealous Europeans piss me off to massive extremes holy shit are you guys aware of how hypocritical you sound

Tell me about American history other than 2 wars

>Criticizing our healthcare makes you a entitled communist
Our healthcare is the best, our insurance isn't but nationalizing it would do nothing but create another form of insurance that people would buy to get better service than the prole class national insurance.
>Criticizing our criminal justice system makes you an ungrateful cop hater.
Making excuses for criminals and people who are justly shot by cops is usually because people are cop haters.
>Criticizing quality of life makes you a traitor.
What does that even mean?

Sup Forums is full of people like the OP who are obsessed with America so they probably do know a lot more about us than their average fellow country men.

You shouldn't believe most of those rankings.

>And they get all their facts wrong.
I'm sure you're so well educated on those facts as well and you're not just saying they "get their facts wrong" because it doesn't mesh with your world view?

They have become more salty since Trump won.

They're probably very insecure people who displace their frustration and anger on us.

your quality of life is garbage, there is no middle class youre either living paycheck to paycheck or youre filthy rich, you have law enforcement that are just itching to riddle you with bullets and god forbid youre an ethnic minority you will be treated as a subhuman for the rest of your life

haha yeah you sure showed us by willingly assassinating your country and its influence in the world just to piss off the liberal boogeyman aka anyone who doesnt agree with your right wing bullshit

>you have law enforcement that are just itching to riddle you with bullets and god forbid youre an ethnic minority you will be treated as a subhuman for the rest of your life
Given the way those niggers behave it's fully justified and 99% of those shootings are found to be just that.

I'm very happy with my life. I'm probably going to make 200k this year, My house is paid off, I have health insurance that costs me only $65 a months and I drive a bmw 700 series.

Although this guy is edgy, he's 100% correct in what he says

I'm very satisfied with President Trump and your leftist rage just makes it that more justified that he was voted it.

>liberal boogeyman

not a boogeyman when it's real.

>there is no middle class
is that banter or you are genuinely retarded?

I know ;-;

no he's not.
He's another corbyn supporting eurotard who suffer from success envy.

of course he is "100%" correct because you'd say the same bullshit

cbsnews.com/news/americans-living-paycheck-to-paycheck/
Middle class means you can live comfortably.
Living paycheck to paycheck isn't living comfortably.

>I'm very satisfied with President Trump

youtube.com/watch?v=q_kQbGLY63M

what are the liberals gonna do that the republicans arent? either way the people lose

fpbp

The region you live in and proximity to urban environments also plays a big role.

But I am.
and why do you care?

what success? everyday i wake up and im thankful i wasnt born in or living in america

Amnesty for illegals, no change to immigration, more epa regulations, tax increases, more "LGBT" type nonsense. Just for starters.

>fast food workers
nice try

Some of us have to live here, cunt.

Tax Reform,
Deporting illegal Aliens
Pulling us out of The pairs "cliamte treaty".
Halting intake of "refugees".
Most federal judge appointments in history

>For example their knowledge of history is limited to WWII.
I can actually answer this. You know this bitch? You typical middle/high school history lesson would rather teach their student about this bitch instead of all the battle that happen during WW2.

>What is so flawed in their education system?
No Child Left Behind act press by fucking Bush. In order for the school to get funding, their student must pass a test. If they don't pass the test, the school don't get funding. So the school only teach their student how to pass the test instead of teaching them anything else. Needless to say, it bomb, hard.

>he wakes up thinking about america
lmao what a cuck

I wake up and don't think about you at all.

Passage of the tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and repealing the Obamacare mandate.
Increase of the GDP above 3 percent.
Creation of 1.7 million new jobs, cutting unemployment to 4.1 percent.
Saw the Dow Jones reach record highs.
A rebound in economic confidence to a 17-year high.
A new executive order to boost apprenticeships.
A move to boost computer sciences in Education Department programs.
Prioritizing women-owned businesses for some $500 million in SBA loans.

Signed an Executive Order demanding that two regulations be killed for every new one creates. He beat that big and cut 16 rules and regulations for every one created, saving $8.1 billion.
Signed 15 congressional regulatory cuts.
Withdrew from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending the threat of environmental regulations.
Signed an Executive Order cutting the time for infrastructure permit approvals.
Eliminated an Obama rule on streams that Trump felt unfairly targeted the coal industry.

The Department of Interior, which has led the way in cutting regulations, opened plans to lease 77 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for oil and gas drilling.
Trump traveled the world to promote the sale and use of U.S. energy.
Expanded energy infrastructure projects like the Keystone XL Pipeline snubbed by Obama.
Ordered the Environmental Protection Agency to kill Obama’s Clean Power Plan.
EPA is reconsidering Obama rules on methane emissions.

Justice announced grants of $98 million to fund 802 new cops.
Justice worked with Central American nations to arrest and charge 4,000 MS-13 members.
Homeland rounded up nearly 800 MS-13 members, an 83 percent one-year increase.
Signed three executive orders aimed at cracking down on international criminal organizations.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions created new National Public Safety Partnership, a cooperative initiative with cities to reduce violent crimes.

This. America is just a slightly more respectable and developed version of Brazil.

Brazil and the US are what Sup Forums would look like if it were a country.

>The pairs "cliamte treaty".
Confirmed retarded.

>No Child Left Behind
as we've seen some children should be left behind.

What we need is to privatize our education system. The teachers unions and local governments have destroyed our education system.

There is a reason why charter schools have been so successful.

oh shit a typo, you got me.

No. All Americans.

Part of it is real. there are a lot of stupid people here. iirc, the USA spends more per capita on education than every European country except for Switzerland, but they don't get very good results for the money spent.

However, it's not all actual stupidity that makes Americans look stupid. a big part of it is cultural differences that make Americans seem even stupider than they already are.

Firstly, Americans ask a lot of dumb questions. They even ask things that would be pretty easy to figure out themselves. They aren't as afraid of letting people know that we don't know something by asking a question. Also, it's not always about getting the info, sometimes it's just a social thing, a way to get a person to talk to you.

Also, Americans associate happiness with friendliness; while Europeans seem to associate happiness with simple-mindedness. And Europeans are more likely to associate cynical jaded nihilism with intellectualism. American intellectuals are always more optimistic and happy, even smugly laughing a lot at their own jokes. This is especially true for very religious American thinkers, who almost think that it is commanded by god to act happy. European intellectuals always seem a lot more dark and unhappy. Americans never hide a smile if they are feeling good; and are often putting on a happy continence, even forcing one at times, so their smiles probably make Americans look dumb to Europeans.

This. We are used to be perfect obedient consumers that are unquestioning in any decisions made politically or by our employers.

Can't tell if you're kidding, but no, not this American

>implying RAISE will be passed
>implying there won't be amnesty under trump just like there was under reagan
>implying there will be any significant tax cuts for the middle class
Not even a dem but you are making the GOP out to be something it isn't.

you're the good american...i like you

Well no shit. It pisses me off that everything I learn in college should have been taught to high schooler. For fuck sake, I didn't even know about the moon orbit or it phrase until I took Astronomy 101 at college, or the importance of the Cold Wars and the nuclear deterrence from fucking Metal Gear.

Let's sum up American posts ITT so far:

>HURRRR WHY SHOULD WE CARE ABOUT OTHER COUNTRIES LMAO
>WAAAH YOU'RE LYING
>BTW I MAKE $200,000

It's like you want to confirm the stereotype that Americans are really dumb.

Thank you for agreeing with me

>the importance of the Cold Wars and the nuclear deterrence from fucking Metal Gear.

Why are you excluding the lot of us who have more-or-less been in agreement with the thread's premise?

thanks

Give it a decade or two and we will be much more like Brazil in terms of inequality and demographics.

I voted for Trump because the other option, Hillary, is a warmonger and it pisses me off that the people that hated Trump did not see this.

US would be at war with Russia right now if the Liberals got elected.

Not far off from the point where anyone who can leave should.

>abandon your loved ones to go join another culture you'll never truly be a part of
Can't do it senpai.

I was summing up (some) American posts, not (all) American posts.

>Hillary, is a warmonger
She is.
>US would be at war with Russia right now if the Liberals got elected.
We're one tweet away with a conflict with North Korea.
Hillary isn't a liberal. Your political compass is way off.

>US would be at war with Russia right now if the Liberals got elected.
God you're so ignorant just shut the hell up and go back to Sup Forums you little underaged shit.

They're also fat

This is objectively more disturbing than them being dumb desu.

When I see an American flag, I imagine a fatass that cannot move in his armchair, because he already fills it entirely.

you don't get used to living near them either

>Part of it is real. there are a lot of stupid people here. iirc, the USA spends more per capita on education than every European country except for Switzerland, but they don't get very good results for the money spe
Thank the NEA.

He's a weakling like you.

you're not a good american

I know she isn't but she in a "liberal" party.

>Russia threaten to go to war if Hillary says fuck you to Russia and try to have a no fly zone in Syria
Even without this, she was a hypocrite that keep switching side that would get her vote. She was against same sex marriage during the 00s but sudden loves it.

>Context
I guess it doesn't matter to people like you.

Please go.

Geopolitically, America is too secure. It's protected by two oceans, is rich in resources, and its two neighbors are non-threats. For the average American, foreign policy isn't a pressing issue and so there's less incentive to learn history and geography. American-style individualism promotes insularity and causes people to go "I don't care about the world, so why should I learn about it?" Our culture is also deeply consumerist and promotes hedonism at the expense of more scholarly pursuits. And of course, you have the anti-intellectual streak that causes Americans to be allergic to any kind of reading in general.