Sup Forums Creators Credit And Opinions On Adaptions Of Their Work

Discussion related to how Sup Forums creators both react to and are credited for adaptations of their work. The go to is usually Alan Moore and his noted dislike for many of the adaptations of his stories, but what do other Sup Forums creators think?

What does Grant Morrison think of his adapted works?

Well i heard John Ostrander liked the Suicide Squad movie :^)

>trying THIS hard to have yet another Suicide Squad thread

holy shit, just give up already.

No, it was brought up in those threads, but its a genuinely interesting discussion to have.

Is it?
>Ostrander liked the movie.
>That's cool. I still don't/I agree with him.
What else is there?

how many of his have been adapted?

Dumb fucking FAGGOT, its a general idea applicable to all Sup Forums creators.

I know you want to have a reason to ban someone or close something but FUCK off you dumb cunt.

First off, there's at least two anons who've been making these threads.

Second, the first thread was creating an actual discussion about how Marvel, DC and Fox credit their creators.

Here's a paraphrase of what I was going to reply to two anons in the first place:

Kirby, who I'm assuming was the you-know-who who wasn't credited in Avengers was actually credited. So were Millar, Hitch, Bendis, Busiek, etc. They were credited in the long credits though, the one's most people, normie and comics fans alike don't take the time to read through. They were small, but their names were definitely on the screen. And they have been in MCU films for quite a while.

Whereas in Green Lantern, released around the same time as Avengers gave John Broome's last name to a bar in the background and called it a night when it came to giving credit in any shape or form to people who helped create the GL mythos.

Some user brought up Len Wein being paid nothing and getting no namedrops for Wolverine being in the X-men films. This is true, but it's Fox that created those films, not Marvel.

As far as I know only All Star Superman, and I personally thought it was really dumbed down and inferior. I can't remember Grant ever talking about it at all. It's sad too, I can see alot of Grants ideas working for DC if the right person were to adapt them or work them into something like Justice League. Zack Snyder took a couple lines from All Star in Man of Steel, but of course it was just a meaningless reference in the Zack Snyder way.

I would kill for an adaptation of We3 or Zenith.

A lot of people speculate that the Matrix was a story "influenced" (ie, ripped off) from The Invisibles. Haven't read the latter or watched the former so I can't say either way.

Byrne doesn't like the X-men films iirc.

While there were undoubtedly influences and the Wachowskis are huge comic fans who have definitely read his work (and there were definitely copies of the comics on set according to Keanu), I feel like alot of the ideas they have in common were really washing through the culture at the time and there were tons of things with the same concepts going around (Dark City, eXistenZ, 13th Floor, Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell) and the Matrix and the Invisibles can be seen as part of that. All that having been said, there are a few scenes that can be compared frame for frame between the two, but it could entirely be coincidence.

Any kind of Invisibles adaptation would, of course, be impossible, for many of the same reasons Watchmen didn't work, and why alot of Morrisons work, like the Filth or Flex Mentallo or Seven Soldiers, might not be easy to adapt. They use the inherent strengths and weaknesses of the comic book medium in ways that you can't really replicate with a film or a novel, and they use them as a foundational part of how they tell stories.

Byrne doesn't like anything though

Except little girls.

In a lot of ways, matrix is invisibles with technology instead of magic and American rather than british

>John Ostrander
Who the fuck is this and why should I give a fuck about his opinion on a shitty movie I haven't seen?

They wouldn't work because he writes for the comic book format. The structure of the series only works in the comic book medium.

The creator of the modern iteration of the Suicide Squad. If he'd never touched a comic the movie wouldn't have been made and SS would be another "beloved" but basically untouched Silver Age property.

I thought that was Englehart

bump

Is it safe?

What I don't get is why we weren't banned if this considered delete worthy and we were technically spamming it.

My apologies if a mod puts two and two together.

I want Sup Forums to leave.

Wasn't the Martian invasion in JL an adaption of his New world order?