Why does Sup Forums always feel the need to hate on this show?

It's really not that bad. I like it a lot and even think it's funny too. You have to be extremly autistic or just a flat out dumbass if you don't like this show. Or better yet maybe you just lack a sense of humor.

I'm honestly tired of Sup Forums saying this show is Reddit-tier or whatever and always complaining that it hates the show when it reality it's a million times better than you lame asses make it out to be and I'm not even someone who even has used Reddit before. I just feel like this board whether sarcastically or not hates on Rick and Morty for no good reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/search?q=rick and morty&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjsIj075XVAhUl7IMKHThnDBYQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=924
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ahh, nice. Thank you for the fifth active Rick and Morty thread.

It's fucking shit for manchildren. Seriously. If you watch cartoons, least of all some fucking edgelord cartoon, you should either grow up or kill yourself. And keep this shit on Sup Forums you loser.

The animation alone is enough reason to drop it. Not even mentioning the forced humor and reddit-tier target audience.

>terrible artstyle
>mediocre animation
>baby's first pseudonihilism
>baby's first existentialism
>"nerd" science
>references instead of original content
>athietic rhetoric
>all the main characters are irredeemable assholes
>disgusting burping vomiting MORTY GOD IS DEAD I'M THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE UNIVERSES lead
>fanboys are religious fedora tipping facebook-redditors
>gets almost universal praise despite all the shortcomings

There are probably more better reasons to shit on it, but those are a few I've noticed

I have to be honest. Thanks for giving me shit the right way and not calling me a Redditor.

Because it's obviously a Sup Forums thread that shouldn't be in Sup Forums.

Stop trying to talk about your fucking kids cartoons in Sup Forums no one here gives a fuck about that trash shit. Fuck your stupid nostalgiabucks show WOW SO LE WITTY, WOW ITS LIKE LIKE MARTY AND THE DOC FROM BACK TO THE FUTURE, WOW ITSA CARTOON BUT IT HAS SO MUCH DEEP MEANING AND MORELS.

Kys cuck, its low tier entertainment for low tier brains.

PICKLLEEEEEEE RICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

It does appeal to the reddit demographic though. 18-30 liberal atheists with child like interests

>I'm honestly tired of Sup Forums saying this show is Reddit-tier
>reddit spacing post in praise of the show

hmmmmm

I'm 24 but no atheist and no Reddit user.

BOOM! BIG REVEAL!

>he believes in a deity

And Sup Forums is more about 18-40 alt-right atheists with child like interests (and an interest for childs)

>terrible artstyle
>mediocre animation
this is a dumb criticism. nobody ever harps on the simpsons for having simplistic animation, it's just something meaningless that gets thrown around about shows you already dislike and have no chance of changing your mind on
>baby's first pseudonihilism
>baby's first existentialism
>"nerd" science
... as opposed to what? fully exploring nihilism/existentialism/science with in depth and up to date takes? that sounds very comedic
>references instead of original content
there are both though
>athietic rhetoric
stop pretending to be christian on the internet
>all the main characters are irredeemable assholes
>disgusting burping vomiting MORTY GOD IS DEAD I'M THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE UNIVERSES lead
yup, this is the first show to ever have characters who are flawed people
>fanboys are religious fedora tipping facebook-redditors
the fans you go out of your way to find are because confirmation bias
>gets almost universal praise despite all the shortcomings
see what i mean by confirmation bias? you literally just went from "the fans are all this one way" to "almost universally praised"

Show is good, just it was so good that Sup Forums unironically hates it for this very reason.

Also reddit seems to have it's tongue buried up its asshole 24/7 which doesn't help

>alt-right
Can you just stop this fucking meme already? No one identifies as Alt-Right aside from Richard Spenser's faggy crew.

WUBBA DUBBA REPLY TO THIS OR YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE IN HER SLEEP DUB DUB

Sup Forums is more far right agnostics with child like interests. much more patrician :^)

based

Just because you like it it doesn't mean everyone else should.
You're not the king of the world.

>agnostic
>mutually exclusive
brainlets, when will they learn?

>you can't criticize this show for shitty animation because you didn't go out of your way to criticize that other show!

user I'm not talking about simpsons, why are you bringing them up?

There is a difference between not liking something and sperging about it constantly

*BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*

nobody identified as sjw except for in an ironic, mocking the people calling them that way either, but they were still a real thing to anyone far removed enough to have objectivity, it's the same way for the alt right

agnostic theism is the final redpill

>he believes in a deity because he cannot withstand being associated with an Internet stereotype
But seriously. How the fuck did you get that picture of me? DELET

ok, i'll try again

it's not a valid criticism because it only ever gets brought up once somebody has written off a show already, hence why i brought up the simpsons. it is universally loved (the early seasons at least) and never receives the "muh bad art" moaning despite having a very simplistic look

it's popular and Sup Forums are contrarians. that's all you need to know.

if something good remains relatively obscure, Sup Forums can stroke its collective dick over how smart and cool and cultured it is and how it likes this super obscure thing. once it becomes popular, that dissipates, and Sup Forums is stuck in line with the plebs liking a show that they like, and this creates an uncomfortable situation in their minds because liking something that is popular doesn't chime with their self image of wickedly funny nihilistic connoisseurs of cool, obscure, clever things. you've got to deal with that cognitive dissonance somehow.

basically Sup Forums are pseudo-intellectuals and wannabe hipsters who hate what's popular because their self image is that they are smarter than plebs and that if plebs like something by definition it is dumb. hence many of the posts along these lines ITT.

That's still not valid because we aren't talking about the simpsons

Sup Forums doesn't like it because reddit likes it, really, that's the reason. It is not because "cartoons are for children" or "Athiesm and nihilism are bad". Sup Forums has obsessed over shows that have had those concepts before. 100% of the reason that Sup Forums doesn't like rick and morty is because reddit likes it, and that isn't going to change.

>simplistic
The terrible art style and animation have nothing to do with simplicity. Notice how the guy you're replying to never referenced "simplistic" as part of the criticism. That's because you're a disingenuous retard who can only argue via strawmen. Simplicity has nothing to do with the braindead animatiors being physically unable to draw a straight line, and the show looks like garbage as a result.

All of your other "rebuttals" are equally moronic and whether or not I waste my time ripping them apart clearly won't influence an obviously delusional person like you either way.

oh, so you're just too stupid to understand the concept of an example then. that must be a fun way to go through life

>he thinks Sup Forums genuinely doesn't like it
you really aren't good at detecting irony are you?

>"yup, this is the first show to ever have characters who are flawed people"
>being unfunny is now a character flaw

not an argument

he went to the destiny school of debate, dummy, he's too far past your level dude.

>accuses me of arguing via strawman
>only actual criticism presented is that the animators are "physically unable to draw a straight line"
google.ca/search?q=rick and morty&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjsIj075XVAhUl7IMKHThnDBYQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=924

i sure do see a lot of straight lines
lol neither is molymemeing or claiming an example is invalid because it's an example

projection maybe, I dunno. people on this website have a very unhealthy obsession with things they don't like. I think it just comes down to being insecure and desperate not to be associated with a certain group and whatever traits they perceive them having, even though we're all anonymous and no one actually fucking cares

look at any thread on Sup Forums, what percentage are people sharing things they like, and what percentage are people sharing things they dislike (usually tv shows which have been going on for years, or directors who've been around for years that they still keep up with for some reason). like somehow you're "patrician" for watching the same shit as everyone else just because you aren't enjoying yourself while doing it

ok reddit

Yeah some of it is obviously ironic, you may be being ironic, but the large majority of it is unironic.

its a pretty good show
it does the "nerd science" right in the end

It's OK to watch an episode exactly once.
Rerun value is zero. It completely relies on being unexpected, and once that is lost it's a terrible show. There are no jokes that are funny a million times. There's no compelling story outside the "I wonder what will happen next."
It somehow manages to be the clickbait of shows.

M
*BUUUU-M-UUUUURP*
MORTY

If you had to pick one episode to get a person on board with the show, what would it be?

Its not a bad show its just that the fans of it are the epitome of pretentious assholes.

Because it's popular. Sup Forums is just reactionary bitterfags from Sup Forums or /r9k/, no one here has any actual opinions they've developed themselves, they determine whether something is good by assessing the creator's political leanings and/or those of it's core viewership. Hence the confident declaration that Wonder Woman would flop despite all evidence to the contrary.

The pilot pretty much tells you all you need to know.

So in other words, you can't name one truly great episode.

>Seinfeld
The Contest
The Marine Biologist
>South Park
Woodland Critter Christmas
Good Times With Weapons

See, not so hard.

Manbearpig is better than both those episodes.

mods ban this man

Holy shit this thread is reddit

you're all projecting so hard. the show is none of these things, at least not intentionally, grow the fuck up. it's a watchable and interesting show and the comparison to bojack is retarded, THAT is a hipster tier show with cringe pretension going every second, with cringe dialogue and characters. bojack is whiny numale like all of you, shut the fuck up with these daily spam fucking threads. retards also like pulp fiction, or any number of things that are just things? does that detract from you enjoying them? you fucking petty ass manchildren grow the fuck up. rick and morty is the best cartoon to exist in the last twenty years besides koth and futurama, so shut the fuck up you fucking retard contrarian faggots. your shilling will never detract from my enjoyment of it, do really need to vent all this frustration for a gd cartoon? pathetic. I miss raimi threads. before anyone says, aww baby is upset he has til july 30th, suck my dick, I bet you don't even watch ray donovan or billions, and you'd tell me my liking true detective season 1(shooting at god) over 2(despite rayposting) is reddit, go ahead. do it. reduce everything and distill it down to reddit, that's your job after all tv. pathetic trolls lowering discourse every day. 12 years olds or mentally retarded grown men. either way i'm sad for you. eleven days and the real shitstorm begins just you wait tv, you fucking retarded blacked cesspit of putrid regurgitated filth, I hope you die of every cancer known the man

Lick lick lick my-ballss!

Say that all the time!

P I C K L E R I C K L E S I N T H E H O U S E T O N I G H T

>Popular tv show should not be allowed on Sup Forums

Kys desu

kys

It represents a lot of what is wrong with entertainment, specifically comedy, these days. It's so freaking submerged in its own irony it's kinda aggravating. For a while there has been this weird tendency towards nihilism where every form of emotional sincerity is seen as sentimentality and all sentimentality is seen as a form of weakness so everyone is trying to be ironic and subversive all the time so that noone would ever think they care.

And that's what I think Rick and Morty represents. Noone is likeable, every moral is being subverted, every story is made fun of... and that'd be fine if at least it was consistently funny but it's not like it this.

Of course it's not the worst offender in that regard, I could say all of those things about Family Guy too, which is even worse about it but at least Family Guy doesn't pretend to be anything other than a dumb show for dumb people.

I think it's pretty funny but i'm also easily amused

Tiny rick. And both of the interdimensionial cable tv epsiodes are instant classics.

Where the fuck are the other 4? Fucking douche bags always storm rick and mortt threads to complain about the number of rick and Morty threads, and there are never as many as you douche bag haters always claim. I see one other rick and morty thread and it's the exact same as this one, hater douche bags hating on a funny show with no reason, just being total fucking flap sweaty douche bags.

Kys

>literally "all you ever needed to know about Sup Forums - the post"

Why is atheism so fucking fashionable!?

>no Casa Bonita
Ya dun fucked up user

This board will suck Futurama dick even though it's even more reddit than Rick and Morty, without the benefit of being able to make you laugh out loud more than once an episode.

That being said, season 2 was a huge step in the wrong direction, trying to coast off what was funny and popular from the first season and making garbage episodes like the Ricksty Minutes sequel and Get Schifty.

>you fucking petty ass manchildren grow the fuck up. rick and morty is the best cartoon to exist in the last twenty years

>tells others to grow up
>immediately calls Rick & Morty the best cartoon to exist in the last 20 years