David Ayer has no plans for a Suicide Squad Extended or Ultimate Cut

collider.com/suicide-squad-deleted-scenes-jared-leto-david-ayer/

>...this cut of the movie is my cut, there’s no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut. And that’s one of the toughest things about writing, shooting, and directing a film, is you end up with these orphans and you fucking love them and you think they’d be amazing scenes and do these amazing things but the film is a dictatorship, not a democracy, and just because something’s cool and charismatic doesn’t mean it gets to survive in the final cut. The flow of the movie is the highest master.”

>“I think there’s a misunderstanding about filmmaking where you can somehow have this crystal ball and understand exactly how everything is going to work together and assemble together. Because remember scripts type word on a page, a black and white page, and when you’re on set you’re dealing with shots and you’re dealing with dailies, and so you have this 7-minute shot and maybe only 10 seconds of that shot is gonna end up in the movie. There’s infinite combinations, infinite knock-on effects, and it’s this strange alchemy that happens and things that you thought during the writing phase breaking your back trying to explain and needs three pages to explain it, you realize it works with just a look on camera in the assembly.”

>And this thing was a beast, we had over a million and a half feet of footage, with an ensemble movie, 7 plus major characters that we have to introduce, a very complex story that is not your normal linear story and you’re introducing the audience to a whole new world, plus it just has my sort of sickness as a filmmaker in it, my vibe and attitude. So it just took a lot of work to find the movie, the movie was always there and even in the early cuts we knew we had something, we knew it was going to work, but to get it there…wow.”

Sorry to those hoping for a "Definitive Edition" like Kingdom of Heaven got

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

R U I N E D

>implying he gets the final say
literal kek
face it extended or blue ray editions are the new dlcs

after its sales debut theyll announce an extended full version just like bvs in hopes of saving face

This is seriously BS, because the movie was such a fucking mess from an editor's point of view. It feels like they cut up a completely different film with a different tone to make this.

Because that's what happened:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693

>Editing is so sloppy characters disappear and the come back out of nowhere without a middle scene that explains why or how
>"Uh you don't get it, it's how the movie has to be!"

I'd like to think it's just PR bullshit by WB

You mean the new Unrated edition.

>no source - the article

>Still, Marvel makes no extended cuts.

The only movie that could've needed a new cut was AoU pretty much, some scenes and situations needed to be more conjoined

HOL UP
>scratches armpit
U BE SAYIN?
>dribbles basketball
I SAY U BE SAYIN?!
>drinks from 40
DAT DIS MUDAFUKA
>collects welfare check
IS ALL WE GETTEN OR SUM SHIT?!

Warner's cut it to bits.

Marvel controls its movies but does so in a way that's focused on not shitting the bed and still allowing some creativity.

Warners controls its movies in a totally cynical and inept manner.

You're literally more pathetic than Vash17.

Pretty much

Yeah, but
>The flow of the movie is the highest master.
Obviously those characters coming back out of nowhere were in favor of the flow. You just don't get it.

CONFIRMED FOR KINO TIER

He's pretty delusional then. There is no way in hell that WB are going to release it as is after the success of BvS:UE.

>The flow of the movie is the highest master
Isn't the flow of the movie generally considered one of the worst parts here, though?

>Marvel controls its movies but does so in a way that's focused on not shitting the bed and still allowing some creativity.
Don't kid yourself, they choose directors who can follow their guidelines, that's why their movies were mostly made by newbies to big franchise movie.

The big difference is Warners president is a marketer, he's concerned by extending a brand recognition. At Marvel, they got people related to the cultural industry.

Marvel does it better but all those big studios have the same problem. They start shooting with a barely functional script. Then, during the editing process, they realise it doesn't work so they order reshoots. Marvel just know what kind of tone they want from the start.

No director is suicidal enough to admit that studio has pushed him, as it means no Hollywood for him for the rest of his life. It's fucking obvious that at some moment studio took the reins and butchered the movie. If you look at the scenes which were shown in the first trailer, you'll see they are the only decent looking one. The worst part is that some actors were really trying to act their asses out of this mess.

I've seen a critic saying that the actions scenes act as fillers. Generally, big action scenes are the highlights of an action movie so the pace must really be shit.

stop trying to be funny it isn't you're thing

the last thing that fucking movie needed is to be longer

>mfw those two in the DCEU never ever

Thank God

Even with an alternative cut, insiders said the production was rushed to keep the august release date. Maybe the (less joyful) tone of the original cut will fit more the scenes depicted on screen but production's problems will still be there.

Queen is likely to get her own movie - Robbie seemed to be the only person on stage who studied her own character and did really good job especially in the beginning there she was losing her shit in the cell.

It seems like there is some shit in DCEU franchise department - it's the 4th movie where everything goes wrong.

I meant that Harley & Ivy friendship won't appear in the DCEU, which is a good thing. I don't want those fuckers ruining something good. I have enough of that in the comics

So, this is 2 movies mashed together, right?

Did it look like either of them could have been good solo?

If it's popular it will appear.

>Did it look like either of them could have been good solo?

You can't say for sure, it's like a car accident where everything is turned into bloody pulp.