Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?
I've been avoiding talk shows my entire life, but I've been watching some of Conan clips lately. This guy creeps me the fuck out and makes me feel extremely awkward.
Just some guy, a ''comedian'', sitting there awkwardly trying to figure out a ''joke'' to throw out so he can justify his existence.
Then I saw this, an older episode of the show and he was there too, what the fuck? He is there sitting the entire bit and he doesn't say anything, he just sits there awkwardly.
youtu.be/p1EzP10fX5w

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IWnEt3-BQok
youtube.com/watch?v=x9KhRLUun6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean Andy, the Scottish-German?

He is sitting right there, and for those who aren't going to watch the entire video, he doesn't say ANYTHING. He just sits there.
What the fuck?

Is this some sort of a They Live style of alien only some people can see?

It's the same setup that Carson and McMahon had.

i wonder if Sup Forums has been triggered by his twitter yet

I am triggered by his existence. Why does he even exist? Can I get a job sitting at some talk show studio awkwardly fiddling my thumbs?
I can spew some stupid comment once every 20 minutes. Hire me.

I've never seen his twitter. I do know he gave a speech at a Planned Parenthood fundraiser or something talking about how grateful he was for PP, because his wife got pregnant, but they wanted to travel.

Also, post twitters that disappointed you

Of course these sub-humans are all leftists, that is not what the thread is about and it doesn't address the fact that there is a creepy fat man sitting on a couch.

Who?

>Lookout nazis. This pussy grabs back!

Do you think he's happy with his life? Being an employed third wheel?

Nice bait

>how could you possibly enjoy not being the center of attention? you guys all feel the same way right? no way this is any kind of projection of my own insecurities!

Considering he left to star in his own show, then came crawling back when it failed, probably not.

delete this you fuckin idiot. it's swedish german

>being against abortion

How dumb are you? An early term clump of cells is nothing, it's no more immoral to terminate it than it is to scratch your arm.

Reminds me of that show on MTV where that girl and that black guy just sit there and watch the videos they play. They barely even say anything

Fuck, sorry m8. I fucked up.

Andy is also one of the primary writers. I'm sure he's extremely happy with his life.

Why do Americans love these types of shows?

I've never understood the appeal.

Doesn't Europe have just as many chat shows?

Possibly, but we're leaving those fuckers to rot. We only have like 1 or 2.

Fuck off then

carson had same set up. its from carson.

implying you even knoe who that is..

Stopped watching this shit show when he started sitting there. He was fine just standing at his podium an Conan occasionally talking to him

Andy was funny af on Conan in the 90s, one of the best things about the show. I don't watch it anymore since Conan seems to have lost his edge somewhat.

Celebrity worship has always been big in America. I don't really get it

This. The sidekick has been a long-running tradition for late night shows. I like Andy but I actually miss the days when Max took over as primary comic foil.
youtube.com/watch?v=IWnEt3-BQok

Just asking a question.

That's because you're not American

Your arm doesn't turn into a full baby you sick infanticidal fuck

The whole paparazzi culture is just as big in England though.

Greg Proops has always been pretty far left, though. If you only know him from Whose Line, I could see your shock, but everything else about him uncensored is liberal.

I will say I was surprised he wasn't gay because wew, his mannerisms and voice fooled me.

Andy is hilarious in all his guest appearances on shows or podcasts

I think you're just too young to understand the role of "talk show sidekick". You would've hated Ed McMahon

I hate it when a bandleader will be just yelling random "mmm hmmm" or "oh wow"s out during the monologue. Colbert's guy in particular I'm thinking of.

He's a sidekick to bounce jokes back and forth with. I'll admit it's sometimes weird to see him hanging out silently in the back, but his commentary generally isn't wanted with celebrity interviews.

It's also nothing new and has been a thing for ages, like others pointed out.

youtube.com/watch?v=x9KhRLUun6M

MORE LIKE GREG POOPS! HAHA

i bet he got a ton of that in grade school

Conan and his writers were the only ones that ever fully utilized their band members in bits.

He's useless but I'm sure he has blackmail on Conan fucking guys or some shit. That's gotta be the only reason he's back on the air.

Best sidekick right here

You know what has the potential to turn into a baby? Sperm stupid.

Why did you use england for the example?

he got really fucking annoying near the end
probably contributed to craig leaving too, egged him on for personal gain and thought he would be successful with that bullshit antics he came up with

>Not getting the silent sidekick gag

this is false. andy was never funny and always seemed awkward and out of place. listen to the classic conan bit where they predict the future in the year 2000. in the very first editions with just conan and andy, all of andys lines are unfunny and poorly delivered. it became infinitely better when he'd do the bit with guests instead. he sucked then and sucks now.

Because London is the NYC of Europe and has the highest concentration of celebrities. You guys don't really have a Los Angeles.

I hate clapping and yelling more. That is the sole reason I've stopped watching these shows. It is prime example of idiocracy.

Not the guy you're responding to, but it's not just Sperm, dumbass.

Sperm + Egg = Fertilization = All chromosomes and genetic material to create new life.

All of these Chicken Egg/Acorn/Arm cell analogies are false equivalence and it's scientific fact that life begins at conception, as there is no other point in time where you can make that definition.

That said, I support abortion because it's the primary control method of African Americans, and the less population of them, the better.

You hate that the audience applauds during a live show? That seems a bit much.

Well, I feel its unnatural and I want to hear jokes, I dont want to wait for the audience to shut up. Just let the fucking host talk
... The worst is when a guest says something like "Blade runner" and they start clapping and shouting. Its torture.

To be fair, they have applause signs and producers that encourage the audience to clap even when a guest is boring.

Dunno, once Andy left the golden era of Conan began and it ended once he came back

The banter between Conan and Max was pure kino

Craig has a regular human sidekick on his radio show. It's still good, but I miss Geoff.