WASTED POTENTIAL

WASTED POTENTIAL

God this show was so frustrating to watch. They took a unique and endearing universe and turned it into....'adult regular show.' What the fuck are the executive producers at [as] thinking? Why throw in all the unnecessary wackiness? Why make the characters so boring and static? Why Pony?

Fuck you adult swim you out of touch fuckers. You're going the way of MTV except without the iconic footprint on youth culture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=asJENo9UPmA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ultimately I don't think you could build a cohesive show around Neely's shorts. Momentary glimpses work a lot better.

the pilot was good

youtube.com/watch?v=asJENo9UPmA

I loved this show. the episode when Steve was loosing he's mind because he was about to loose a bet to his brother was so funny I almost pissed myself. the think-tank gag was good too.

And it's not even four minutes long. This could have been the show. But only if they keep it at that length.

Yeah by the end I was just unenthusiastic about the whole thing.

Baby Cakes went 10,000% violent retard and Steve being an irresistible sex god who is perfect really doesn't lend itself to enduring characters.

The will they won't they of Pony and Steve, boring who gives a shit.

Frank became the best character in the end.

Crystal, top tier wafiu though.

>>The will they won't they of Pony and Steve, boring who gives a shit

man, they NEVER wanted to be together at all. there was a whole episode about it.

I'll be honest, I was really apathetic towards China IL in the beginning because of much it changed from his online shorts but I quickly warmed up to it when I realized that this was Neely doing something much longer rather than a short skit.

Not sure what the problem was really but I can understand that feeling of it less being personal and him trying to be more broadly appealing. I'll always love the original Babycakes diaries.

>Frank became the best character in the end.
true
>Crystal, top tier wafiu though
also true

But how Baby Cakes was treated by the show pissed me off the most. Made it almost unwatchable to me.

It's 4 parts of a whole episode at 12 minutes.
Though I did like how it was more down to earth, I liked the idea of Professor Bros/Baby Cakes being delusional more than the world being crazy.
They kinda fucked it up by legitimately teasing it later though.

>I liked the idea of Professor Bros/Baby Cakes being delusional more than the world being crazy
Which would have been a change to how most AS shows are just set in a crazy universe

Says you, I loved this shit.

Hulk Hogan Dean was the best though.

THERE IS NO GOD
NOGODNOGODNOGOD!

Yeah, it's weird how a bunch of "we're-totally-not-corporate" corporate hacks corporate hacks can stumble across a fucking genius like Neely and say to themselves, "Man, all this guy needs is our expert interference!"

He was making his own shows that were massive mega hits before anyone at Adult Swim ever heard of him, why they would put other people in charge of him instead of the other way around is so fucking beyond me.

It's like seeing an amazing painting you could never, ever recreate and actually convincing yourself that all it needs to make it the perfect painting is your signature at the bottom.

That's who becomes a TV producer, those kind of people.

>violent retard

I don't know if I'd go that far, the shorts always implied Baby Cakes was outrageously strong, but he's never consciously violent, just goofy and yeah, a little retarded. I didn't like how they took away his weird, introspective side. His strange delusions and his interpretation of reality were still pretty much intact.

The brown chick is thick af any good 34 of her?

He went full violent retard in the episode he started getting turned on by the chicken commercial but didn't know how to masturbate.
Her name is Pony
There's possibly creator made rule 34, I don't know if it's true but there's a picture of her fucking a giant bedbug. It's pretty on model and it came out before the episode even aired so people were speculating it must've been one of the artists involved.

I remember that one time Brad Neely cam to /tg/ and did character art requests, that was pretty rad

The Harry Potter thing will forever be Neely's greatest accomplishment, and I say that as someone who barely liked Harry Potter to begin with.

Simply amazing.

>Harry could kill EVERYONE for this

Really? I liked it a lot more than I ever thought I would. Granted I never really got into the shorts, but I enjoyed it. I haven't watched the latest season though.

That would've been my ideal Neely cartoon, the cast of China, IL but with the style of Baby Cake's Diary and Professor Brothers.
You could've have the other characters ramble about their musings on the world.
It would've made a nice show bumper.

I still have three or four of those saved, it was so cash.

The scores are tied at chapter 20.

Brad Neely is a comedic genius. When he was contacted by adult swim his biggest fear was that they would water down his humour and fuck up the concept of his characters.

Of course they did, but now they had him in a contract. So now he's doing "Brad Neely's Harg Nallin' Sclopio Peepio" and intentionally making it anti-comedy just to fuck with them. He gives no shits.

I havent seen a lot of the show, and say what you will about it, but from what i read from the creative process Brad Neely seemed really passionate about the project and poored a lot of time and effort into it.