Why didn't just jump to an area to left or right of Obi Wan?

why didn't just jump to an area to left or right of Obi Wan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QiE5u2CzEdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the high ground is both a position and a state of mind, user. Obi wan had both.

remember that brief flash in the last star wars film..where Vader had like a castle there?

Obi Wan still had high ground to the left and right.
It wouldn't have mattered.

>not building a castle where you lost your arms and legs
Literally a 10/10 spot. The lava river is a plus, too.

>why didn't just jump to an area to left or right of Obi Wan?
Or just try not to jump over him or Force Push him? Or just step off and still have the low ground but come up with another plan?

Why does having the high ground matter in a sword fight?

>The moment before Anakin tries spinning for the last time

Why didn't anakin use the force to land the platform near the terrain?

Some lush paradise world would have been a better choice for pottery reasons IMO

Anyone have the post that one user did showing how obi want had the high ground in the majority of his engagements from a certain point of view Complete with diagrams?

the high ground only has to be in play for Obi Wan to win, he only ever doesn't win when the ground is level

When Anakin said "from my point of view, the Jedi are evil" and Obi just brushes him off, why didn't Anakin just say "And what do you say to Ahsoka"?

Clone wars makes everything Anakin says perfectly reasonable.

Where do the arms and legs vanish to after being cut off?

That's part of it but what I'm looking for also has the user explaining it

Reminder: youtu.be/QiE5u2CzEdU

>watching extra bullshit cartoons to explain the movies terrible writing
Kill yourself

TCW is the best thing to happen to the Star Wars EU in decades

bump

That would be acknowledging Obi's high ground and therefore devaluing his own abilities beyond what his pride allows.

>TCW is the best thing to happen to Star Wars in decades

Fixed.

The later seasons of clone wars were fucking kino.

or just use the force to raise the platform
then he would've had the high ground

Obiwan was in the middle of the little hill, anakin knew he couldnt win the battle on equal ground, so he had to get the higher ground if he wanted to win, he gambled and lost, the end

>good is a point of view, Anakin
Palpatine knew this.

Reference materials supplied for further consideration

Well the first thing you should realise, and if you only walk away from the prequels realising one thing it should be this, is:

Anakin Skywalker is not a smart man.

He's really really not.

The main reason for this is probably down to the fact that he can literally use the force to do everything he wants. He never has to use any level of effort of intelligence because he can force his way through his problems. Literally.

So even at normal levels, Anakin never really thinks about things. He barely seems aware that his own actions have consequences and completely unable to imagine what those consequences are. He's like a man unable to predict even on a basic level what is going to happen next, and since he's so reliant on the force to predict things for him that's what's happened.
But here, in that scene? By this point according to the books he's come to resent those force dreams about Padme dying so much that he basically has stopped sleeping several months back. That shit isn't good even with normal people, mentally challenged Anakin? Palpatine could probably have told him he was a pink cucumber called Gerald with a fair chances of success.

Plus let's also consider that Obi-Wan really was probably the best defensive duellist the Jedi order ever had, and is the ONLY person to fight him to a standstill as Darth Vader TWICE.

TLDR: Anakin is a moron

see

>sheevposting
>good trickposting
>good friendposting
>bibbleposting
Is Star Wars truly the gift that keeps on giving bros?

>From my point of view, way up here on this high ground, everyone is so small and insignificant as to not matter at all in the grand scheme of my journey, Obi-Wan. They are little more than tiny grains of sand - and I hate sand. Do you know what happens to sand on this planet, Obi-Wan? It burns and turns into little pieces of glass. Through it, everything becomes clear, and I see something beautiful, something I haven't seen in years. And it all came from something I once despised. Only through that thin, fragile layer of transparent separation can I truly come to appreciate life. I stood with Palpatine on Coruscant once, high above the world, staring through another pane of glass at those below. It was there I first recognized the insignificance of these petty struggles we create for ourselves. Sith and Jedi, love and power, wealth and poverty. It's all pointless! Invented! All that time I spent trying to obey the "Jedi Code"! Bah, wasted time, old friend! I do not hate the Sith anymore. That sand burned long ago. No more will I be a slave to inanities, toiling with the blobs of banal nothings that are the masses. No, I will watch the world through my glass - that former enemy so transformed and molded by flame that it became a comfort, an assurance. Fitting that, here on Mustafar, my old life, the sum of my entire existence up to this very point, comes to its climax and conclusion aflame in the heat of my hatred. Here I forge a new destiny in that fire. Concrete goals and ambitions, assurance in myself and my future. Looking at it now, what I have to do, it seems so…transparent. So clear. Beautiful glass…

>Now join me, or step aside and let me stare down at the peons in peace.

The lava maybe?