This show would be way better if they dwindled their comedy down way more so their drama moments would have a bigger...

This show would be way better if they dwindled their comedy down way more so their drama moments would have a bigger impact. Right now, the escalation of some moments feels way too dire for a show that had Amy making a silly Yoshi face while eating a giant burrito only a few minutes earlier.

I know CN would never pick it up if it wasn't 75% comedy 25% drama, but it would be better. Fuck kid networks not allowing one or two shows to not be pure comedies.

Yeah we really needed another SU thread for yet another terrible opinion.

>Fuck kid networks
It ain't just kids networks. Remember how badly Moral Orel got fucked?

>Yeah we really needed another Suicide Squad thread for yet another terrible opinion.

Why is animation treated so poorly in the US?

Comedy shows that go dramatic are often marked for death

Boy, it's pretty rare to see an opinion so blatantly retarded. I mean, some opinions are worse, but they are mutated out of semi-reasonable viewpoints or concepts, so to just come out of left field with something that wrong is almost impressive.

>Your opinion is so WRROONGG.
>I'm not going to say why it's wrong, ha-ha I'm too good for that!
>Just know that your opinion is WRONGGGG.
>Let me list all the hyperboles to show you why it's so wrong!

I'm surprised you didn't throw a "faggot" in there somewhere.

>The drama would be better if there was more of it, diluting the impact!

There's a reason a huge chunk of Hamlet is the titular character talking about his girlfriend's cunt in public, you moron.

faggot

>I know CN would never pick it up if it wasn't 75% comedy 25% drama,
Says who? Sugar is just a hack who is incapable of writing proper action and drama, resorting cheap comedy which is even fucking bland as fuck.

Should've gone with the "Gintama" way if she wanted comedy and action/drama, but muh 12 minute episodes format really shits on this terrible show.

Cause live action is cheaper, yet more respected.

>Implying Sup Forums reads anything without pictures.

ITS A KIDS SHOW FOR KIDS

The dick jokes in Romeo and Juliet were gratuitous though.
Not that I complain. They are the best thing about it.

This is not just blatantly wrong, it is in fact describing the direct opposite of what is right.
The contrast to the innocent comedy and harmony is what gives the drama and conflict impact, highlights the conflict as the one thing that sets the scene.
Think of it like this:
An extra guy being shot during the opening of Saving Private Ryan has nearly no weight.
The same guy getting shot during a dialogue in Pretty Woman would completely turn the movie around.

A lot of Shakespeare is crass bullshit, but that's not my point.

The point is that good drama relies on making the audience feel "good" in some way so you can tear them back down.

Steven universe is a show that thinks it is dragon ball z but without the manliness and honor that sets the tone in dbz and replaced it with drama preteens and lesbians. Its like painting an orange yellow and saying look at this banana just like the one on toonami a decade ago

BUT IT'S SO DEEP GAIZ, AND THE DRAMA AND LORE! WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?

It would turn it around and make the movie terrible. If Spongebob got shot do you think it would be dramatic because the whole show was lighthearted up until that point or a dramatic moment that fell flat on its face because it tried to merge slapstick comedy with edgy drama?

Dramatic movies have very mild comedic relief, that's not unusual. But trying to have equal parts comedy and drama results in a tonally unsure product. SU fails at both drama and humor because of this. There's a reason the opinions on the show are so split and it's not because of Tumblr boogeyman.

A couple of instances of characters having crass jokes in Shakespeare =/= entire episodes of SU dedicated to be silly Townie episodes. Steven's drama often feels rushed, even in a 22-minute special, because it's so abrupt.

America is fucking weird. I don't know why we do a lot of things.
I think animation catching on while being mainly for youngsters coincidentally, might've cemented it as "for kids", kinda like comics. And as you know, kids stuff is not given as much respect here, whether it be entertainment, toys, or even improving school. Because a lot of fucking reasons, few of them Sup Forums related, but all cultural. I blame marketing graduates and their chronic "in the box" thinking.

>A couple instances
Motherfucker, you have never read Shakespeare. Almost all of his tragedies have copious amounts of comic relief. Othello, R&J, Hamlet; for fuck's sake most of Acts 2 and 3 are gags and exposition.

On the flip side, his COMEDIES had several dramatic elements as well. And you have to realize, SU is a COMEDY. Nor a tragedy. There's nothing wrong with dire circumstances in comedies.

You fuckers don't understand writing at all, and I'm not even keen on SU. Amping up the drama in a comedy doesn't elevate it, it either assists or dampens the comedy.

I can't wait until someone quotes this with no understanding of what traditional Comedy is.

>citing Shakespeare in an attempt to seem intelligent at writing

Holy shit are you literally a peasant?

I'm bringing it up because it was the point of contention. The idea that it's "just a few crass jokes" is fucking ludicrous.

et tu bait? uet tu?

It would be better if the fight scenes weren't such shit
>Bismuth established to be really strong
>Steven defeats her by throwing a statue at her, literally his only attack and all it takes to make her give up and offer Steven the chance to shatter her

Yeah but saying how much smarter you are than co at writing than citing Shakespeare as an example to justify Steven's flaws makes you sound like an actual high schooler.

This is so fucking dumb. Real life isn't either 90% drama or 90% comedic moments, it's a mixture. You can fart on a toilet minutes before going to say goodbye to your dying grandma at a hospital. I think the tone of this episode worked well in making the ending have more of an impact

He doesn't shatter her, he bubbles her.

...? Give up? Bismuth charges Steven with the breaking point after the statue throw

That happened AFTER Steven refused to shatter her. Did you guys even watch the episode?

>Its another Steven Universe plagiarizes a better show episode

Its literally the final episode of Evangelion where Shinji has to kill his gay lover

What the actual fuck are you talking about?