The more I speak English with n*tives, the more fluent my English becomes

Will I be able to speak it at na*ive tier in 1 or 2 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3JWCMFXx1oE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Árpád
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

無理

If you work hard you can probably have more mastery over the english language than the average American in about 6 months.

english for subhumans

可能
I was told to go live in some part of *nglosphere so my accent would be improved so much. As you say, immersing myself in USA or UK must be the final trial of my English education

Have you considered reading novels?

I'm subhuman
Depends, I've tried some academic books but never turned over the whole pages.

諦めたほうがいい

FUGG YOU under the name of the Cross of Loraine

I work with foreigners who've been living here a couple of years. They all understand what you're saying easily but they can't speak for shit

無理なものは無理

Just speak slowly so they can understand what you say

FUGG YOU under the name of Matthias Corvinus

Do foreigners even who know Matthias Corvinus is?

I misread sorry, but are there such guys who can understand completely what you say while not having an ounce of the skill of language communication?

He's the great king when the battle of Mohach broke out iirc?

>ハクメイとミコチ
Nice taste Majar bro

No Mohács was after Matthias died. That was the whole ordeal. Matthias didn't have any sort of royal blood, he was the son of a renowned general Hunyadi János and was throned. Matthias maintained the border defense and the ottomans couldn't break though. After he died with no legitimate heir the nobles started bickering and having crowning kids who had some royal blood from some old line. That infighting and division caused the border guard to collapse and the ottomans walked through. The king at the time pulled together whatever armies were available and fought the ottomans at Mohács. Where he got rekt with a lot of high nobles which caused even more power struggles and chaos.
He had some comfy cartoons though.
youtube.com/watch?v=3JWCMFXx1oE

Yeah it's a nice anime.

ah shit i recalled it wrongly, it was actually Lajos the second that got rekt.

the way Hungary got beaten by Ottoman Empire often happens in so many historical cases, too bad you guys couldn't make Süleyman I retreat for lack of domestic unification...

It was unfortunate that the main royal bloodline died out very quickly and after that only distant side shoots remained. After that the country never really managed to unite and was exposed to attacks in a geopolitically very hazardous position. Matthias' rule was the only exception to that, that's why he's remembered. But after that infighting, rebellions and all that just tore the place apart.
This is probably what caused that the greatest enemy of a hungarian is another hungarian. We're just too used to infighting and bickering.

too bad. actually that kinda infighting frequently happens in every cunt. the unluckiness of your country was that Hungary is situated in the geopolitically unstable area, that is to say, being surrounded by Germans, Slavs, and Turks at that time, unlike us, who are totally separated from """other races"""(much attention must be paid to this definition tho).

so being surrounded by many ethnic groups turns out to be a big problem especially when your country is weakened due to infighting or whatever problem.

If there was a royal bloodline of some sort at least then it could've been fine. The country otherwise was pretty powerful. But it was a very new country at the time. In a few centuries we already lost our royal house and after that it was just endless infighting and rebellions on top of foreign invasions that wiped out most of the population multiple times.
The ethnicities themselves weren't really a problem until the first world war. And at that point the county had no power left anyways. Religions back in the day caused way more problems, with the emergence of protestantism there was just a lot of battles, hussites, transylvanian protestants and such which just weakened it even more. And the mongolian invasions caused a lot more destruction than any ethnic conflict.
Basically yeah, the unity was lost quickly and there was never any breathing room to recover so gradually the country just entered a spiral of power vacuum > infighting > power vacuum > infighting until it broke down.

>6 posters

>In a few centuries we already lost our royal house
I'm totally ignorant of the history of Hungary, could the royal bloodline of your house date back to Attila?
True, ethnic groups aside, there we shitloads of factors which caused serious national crisis such as mentioned religion. So until 1526, the relative pinnacle of Magyar was when you guys stormed into Europe by 451? and after that, Magyar got gradually weaker and weaker?
very fruitful discussion so it's ok m8

Talk to yourself in English when you're alone.

Join an English speaking discord server and hang around in voice chat while you sort out going to the anglosphere.

No, Attila wasn't hungarian, there is some assumed connection with the hunnic empire but there's no direct relation. The royal family the Árpád House dates back to the high chieftain Árpád who entered tha carpathian basin in the 9th century with the hungarians.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Árpád

His descendant was the first king Stephen who received a crown from the pope and made the place into a christian kingdom. Because he abandoned the old faith there's some superstition that the country became cursed (átok) and everything bad that's happened is because of that. It was Stephen and his descendants who trace their origin back to Árpád who were the royal family. But the house died out in 300 years and after that the endless rebellions and infighting started.
There were some golden ages like the reign of king Coloman and the most memorable golden age being Matthias Corvinus' rule. At that point the country was probably in it's most powerful spot. But after Matthias died the country fell apart because the lack of any unity without Matthias. Kind of how Alexander the Great's empire was in it's prime when he lived but after that it fell apart.

>Talk to yourself in English when you're alone.
>Join an English speaking discord server and hang around in voice chat
Those are exactly what I'm doing rn. also shitposting on Sup Forums is surprisingly polishing my Engrish.

Good, that's exactly what I did and my only giveaway that I'm not a native English speaker is my natural accent which I can't get rid of.

(No it's not the stereotypical Mexican accent.)

>No, Attila wasn't hungarian, there is some assumed connection with the hunnic empire but there's no direct relation. The royal family the Árpád House dates back to the high chieftain Árpád who entered tha carpathian basin in the 9th century with the hungarians.

Ah yes they were mentioned in my history book with regard to Charlemagne and the battle of Lechfelt in 969... I totally misunderstood it...

>His descendant was the first king Stephen who received a crown from the pope and made the place into a christian kingdom.
Magyar Szent Korona :)
Because he abandoned the old faith there's some superstition that the country became cursed (átok) and everything bad that's happened is because of that. It was Stephen and his descendants who trace their origin back to Árpád who were the royal family. But the house died out in 300 years and after that the endless rebellions and infighting started.
>There were some golden ages like the reign of king Coloman and the most memorable golden age being Matthias Corvinus' rule. At that point the country was probably in it's most powerful spot. But after Matthias died the country fell apart because the lack of any unity without Matthias. Kind of how Alexander the Great's empire was in it's prime when he lived but after that it fell apart.

Yeah yea yea although I don't know most of those names, I can clearly grasp how your country's history went...

I asked you so many questions... glad i could know that. thx for all the detailed replies...

>my only giveaway that I'm not a native English speaker is my natural accent which I can't get rid of.
It is frequently said those with distinctive english accent can get rid of it by spending some time in *ngosphere... why don't you do it if you have a chance?

Too poor for that ;-;

Well at the time there was a lot fighting with christian kingdoms, before Stephen established Hungary a christian kingdom. Because he figured that they couldn't exist in Europe otherwise any longer.

Yeah the crown is actually pretty relevant, there were other older countries applying for a crown at the pope but they only got one after Stephen. Which goes to show how powerful they were at the time and how quickly everyone wanted to settle the deal.

No problems my dude. Since we were talking about how the problem was with Matthias not having a legitimate heir I'll share some snippets of how unfortunate that situation was as well, one could say pretty átok. When he was young, around 15 I believe he got into a situation where he ended up in the custody of the Czech ruler. The czechs said that they'll give Matthias back but only if he marrias the czech princess. The hungarian nobles said okay fuck it marry them then. The princess was 12 at the time iirc and they made them consummate their marriage. The girl got pregnant but ended up miscarrying and dying in the process. Matthias got back anyways but you see how unlucky that is, he got a fertile wife but she ended up dying. After that he married an italian noblewoman, who turned out to be infertile, so they had no kids. He had a bastard son and after that some nobles tried to crown the bastard son but because he was illegitimate it didn't happen. Very átok indeed.

FUGGIN SHIT Mattias' sheer unfortune related to a family reminds me of Franz Joseph I as well, whose family members all ended up leading a miserable life... Speaking of him, i cannot help remembering "Sissy" (not Astolfo you posted but Elizabet i mean, you gay poster!!!).

What's the point of putting a BENIS on a male character whose feature is nothing but a girl's

it’s hot

Hi Luxembourger bro

Anyone who associates with the country ends up at the hands of átok.
Boipussy is very nice.

>Curse of Turan
>The Curse of Turan (Hungarian: Turáni átok) is a belief that Hungarians have been under the influence of a malicious spell for many centuries. The "curse" manifests itself as inner strife, pessimism, misfortune and several historic catastrophes
Kek i didn't know that term.

I partly think of this boipucci vogue as the result of the flood of grillpucci and the evasion of its mannerism.

Hi, it’s nice to see that your English is improving, and you’re right that using it is the best way to learn. Also like the Mexican said, talking with yourself/thinking in English is really useful at an advanced stage. It kind of connects all the words that you know and makes it easier to naturally make sentences because they are already “premade” in your head, if that makes sense.
Hopefully I can learn Japanese too one day

Japan has a long history of loving boipuccy, for example the onnagata of kabuki theatre during the Edo period were loved by both men and women. Even prostitutes and geisha used to take fashion inspiration from onnagata

Ah I "talked to myself", but I don't think in English in my mind. I haven't come up with that kinda idea till now, very novel proposition. Imma try it from now on!

>Luxembouro speaking Japanese
Sounds kawaii af

I think by the time you are old enough to desire conversation on Sup Forums it's too late for you. Basically only children raised here, and actors and attended classes specifically to "de-learn" accents, have the chance to lose the accent.

It's more of a meme than anything really but it's funny at least.

Girly bois are very cute, but I have a waifu already and she's very cute.

FUGGIN SHIT you know Japan a lot, how come you know Onnagata. At first Kabuki was performed by grills, but the Edo Shogunate banned it due to "disturbance of common sense", which is why bois started masquading as a trap...

One of the most famous actors (i forgot the name) said " in order to act like a grill, i did everything grills do, even being cummed inside". Very lewd

It's just like that scene in samurai champloo where the dutch homos tried to fugg the kabuki actor's boipucci.

Partly true if i want to speak English perfectly, i guess. but English consists of vowels and still sometimes drops /l/, so I can improve it into the "nearly native" level by being there.

Too bad i didn't trained it for shit in my childhood.
It may be about time we stopped dividing everything into two... yes dualism...
>pic
Y-you like ARIA...?

In fact I have a Bachelor’s in Japanese Studies (waste of time, regrer it). And I wrote my thesis about the anti Shogunate attitudes in kabuki during the Edo period, it was mostly about the play Shibaraku, Ichikawa Danjurō and aragoto, so I know a bit abour kabuki. Sadly during my 4 years I couldn’t fully learn Japanese, even though I spent half a year in Japan. Then again, I pretty much only started actually putting in effort my last year and you cannot a language just through classes and without personal effort

Ah shit i haven't watched it yet... speaking of a boipucci in manga or anime...Hellsing first comes to my mind

Cute things are cute.
Aria is pretty entry level anime.
It was just like one scene but it was pretty funny. Even Alucard couldn't escape the átok. No wonder, he lived the same time as Matthias.
I haven't slept yet so I think I'm gonna go lie down. Have a good evening dumb frogposter.

>I haven't slept yet

Jesus

>I wrote my thesis about the anti Shogunate attitudes in kabuki during the Edo period, it was mostly about the play Shibaraku, Ichikawa Danjurō and aragoto, so I know a bit abour kabuki.
FUGGIN SHIT how come you decided to write an essay on it... yep Edo Shogunate was deadbent on the restriction of liberal art and people engaged in kabuki must have spent quite trying time caricaturelizing the authority... yeah aragoto and wagoto... especially wagoto (boipucci kabuki) was developed in Kyoto because they could perform relatively freely due to the distance from Edo. Sakata Tojuro was famous for establishing it, while Ichikawa danjuro established aragoto(manly twink kabuki...)

Yep i make it rule to put value on learning a language outside uni. It actually motivates me much more, since i can learn it as i like

I haven't slept yet too

May a qt 男の娘 be with you, my Magyar bro... Kakania... Sissy...

scary to even think about, I always go to sleep at 10 like a good boy, unless out drinking, then 6-7 in the morning at the latest

I found a lot of literature on the topic and it was kind of interesting, so I guess that’s why I chose it

well about 24 hours without sleep aren't so awful but when you don't sleep more than 24 hours your body is acting strange so I don't reccomend staying awake such long time for anyone

Did you study it in Luxembourg University, or other uni outside your country?

毎日30分ほど音読したら発音や流暢さが絶対うまくなるよ

I just don’t like how it ruins the sleep cycles, I prefer to keep them stable because I’m a wageslave and I need to be refreshed in the mornings.

Now here is a little secret, I’m actually not from Luxembourg, I just moved here a couple months ago for work. In fact, I’m a Lith*anian. In Japan I was studing in Tsukuba so that was fun, because it’s close to Tokyo

But yeah, before Japan, I was studying in Vilnius University in Lithuania

Thx m8, following a spoken English as we call "シャドウイング" is actually an attempt i haven't taken yet.
>tfw I know a Lithuanian guy
Ah Tsukuba! You must've led a very fruitful academic life. because you named your uni, i have to name mine too. My uni is Waseda.

well atm my sleep circles are something like going to sleep about 6-8 am waking 12 hours later and thats it however if I would go sleep few times around 12 pm I could go back to my normal sleep circle

>Waseda
Wow, that’s very good, congratulations. My academic life mostly consisted of drinking Strong Zero, eating at Matsuya and climbing mt. Tsukuba like 5 times. Honestly it was very fun, maybe I’ll try to get MEXT for a Masters degree, just to spend some more time in Japan

>I’ll try to get MEXT for a Masters degree, just to spend some more time in Japan
That's good af. You seem to be beyond a mere weeb and at home with Japanology, we welcome you lad.

Thanks apu-kun, actually I chose Japanese not because I was a weeb, but because people said it was perspective (it’s not, even though there are like 10 people in Lithuania who know Japanese, there is almost no demand for translation and teaching pays less than mininal wage). Actually, I also thought about studying Chinese, but the year when I entered the university it wasn’t available, because it’s every other year. I’d believe that sadly Chinese is much more important for the future, because of their growing economy. Anyway, what are you studying?

Chinese cultures are very interesting, in terms of dynamism and a historically large scheme, Japan cannot compete with China. It's a really interesting continent.

My major is supposed to be linguistics, but i got bored of it in the first day. At the same time, "Sad Tropics" written by Levi Strauss gave me so much interst in anthropology, so i'm contemplating changing my major

The old anthropology seems like a lot of fun, traveling to remote islands, living there, learning the language and observing the people. However modern anthropology is a lot more boring, imo, but then again I don't know much about it, we just had a few introductory courses. Though we had an assignment where we had to go to some place and observe people there for some time, making notes, that was a lot of fun. Also had to do an interview.

Well, good luck in your studies! If you really want to change I think it's better to do it sooner before it's too late

Thx m8, since i'm kinda tramp in the world, i have lots of interest in it... in that sense anthropology is surprisingly suitable 4 me...

Anyway glad I talked with you again!