Serious question; why is there not a fat tax? Just a tax for people who are fat, not due to legit medical issues...

Serious question; why is there not a fat tax? Just a tax for people who are fat, not due to legit medical issues, to cover all the costs that fat people force on our society? Also daily fuck fat people thread.

Realistically, this proposition would only give ammo to the Fat acceptance gooks.

>to cover all the costs that fat people force on our society?

What costs?

Its another move the goal posts to make losers feel like they are winning episode

I'm skinny af but fat people are already having a hard time why should I hate them?

here come the anti fats

FAT PRIDE WORLD WIDE

WHEN WE HUNGER YOU'LL HEAR THUNDER

>be fat
>die in my 50s from heart attack
>save the healthcare system a shitload of money

>be skinny and healthy
>get old
>develop all sorts of incurable stuff (alzheimers, cancer, new joints, muscle weakness)
>health system has to spend millions over the next 20 years to keep my dead ass alive

>also ameripoors cant afford to pay extra monneis for their burgers

Yes, they're having such a hard time shoving all that food into their facehole.

Inflated demand for health care services, thereby increasing prices. The need for medical supplies unique to fatties, thereby reducing economic production of goods that benefit greater society.

Reduced productivity. Fat people need more breaks and move slower. Somehow they think they're entitled to the same wages I get despite being demonstrably worse at the same job.

I have more respect for the most chimped out nigger than I do for people who have crossed the line into obese territory. A nigger can't help how they were born, but a fatass consciously makes the decision to eat like shit and spend their pathetic live in a torpor on the couch or in front of the computer.

Who /degenerate/ here?

fat people do pay more taxes than you retard. They pay sales tax on the food they eat.

Seriously, you fail to realize that people are fat in the societal sense because it is massively profitable for the companies that peddle fat.

These companies are working the same model designed by cigarette companies and will do whatever they can to make their foods chemically addictive, which usually just involves pumping whatever food it is full of sugar.

If you REALLY THINK, that the solution to this problem is imposing government sanctions on someone's behavior, you would find it infinitely more effective to push sanctions on the companies and not the population. How about a nice label on bad foods that says "no essential nutrients contained, warning contains carcinogens (sugar) and will make you fat" (obviously not that exact label but you get the idea)

only that the govt would be the one decideding who is fat and what is fat. I could see some retard sjw nazi deciding that body builders are fat or something. and you'd have to have some sort of inspection system.

we tried to pass one in new york in the form of a tax on huge sodas and other fattening stuff but it was defeated

most bodybuilders are cunts too

Who /lean/ master race here?

Fatties and gymbrahs need to go

hehehe

if you have a bmi above +15% youre fat

+1 for daily fuck fat people thread

tbf this "body acceptance and healthy at every size" shit only applies to women. fat men are still mocked

Tax Junk food.

Sup Forums flips out over taxes though.

>it's someone else's fault I lack self control!

Spoken like a true fatty.

That picture will only serve to turn up various websites as fap fodder, to his/its dismay.

anyone have the guy who did the math about how many bees it took to cover this abomination with honey

XD
Fat women are still mocked but not on tumblr

Because this is America the land of the free you fucking commie. Get out of this country if you want to regulate behavior. You make me sick just thinking about sharing the same flag as you. Get out and never come back. In America you can do whatever the hell you want to yourself.

yeah well that's my point, only women can get away with being fat, no matter where it is. look how many men like fat/chubby women compared to how few many women like fat/chubby mne

Not really on tumblr either though. I've spent a good amount of time in the tumblr tags looking for FPH material, but the majority of the people their seem to be anti-fat
too.

Just tax junk food and fast food. I rarely eat either so I'm fine having to spend and extra 15 cents whenever I want a thing of oreos

Serious question; why is there not a sports tax? Just a tax for people who play sport, not just people trying to get fit, to cover all the costs and lost productivity that sports injuries force on our society? Also daily fuck sports people thread.

>my work place has a not sport/extreme hobbies policy because of time off and costs for injuries

you only care about this issue because it lets you hate people. what Ive posted has nothing to do with personal responsibility, it's about the realistic outcome of some asinine legislative action to combat this and fact there are massive corporate entities that have literally require a population of fatties to keep making a profit. How the fuck do you expect to solve this problem without addressing that? You couldn't even pass this proposed fat person tax in an atmosphere where these companies still lobby. That's also not to mention the fact the healthcare industry also makes bank on fat people. You perspective is naive as fuck.

The problem is fats don't always die in their 50's and they rack up costs all their lives. And they're normally on welfare. Only good fat is a dead fat

LMAO full autismo. I never said shit about a fat tax, lard ass.

>Serious question; why is there not a fat tax?
Do you not pay sales tax on food?

Should we also charge an avoidable injury tax to people that play sports with high injury rates?

How about one for cars?

But given that the healthcare system is the number 1 leading cause of preventable death and the largest cause of preventable injury costs shouldn't we tax healthcare providers' income?

>Inflated demand for health care services, thereby increasing prices. The need for medical supplies unique to fatties, thereby reducing economic production of goods that benefit greater society.
>Reduced productivity. Fat people need more breaks and move slower. Somehow they think they're entitled to the same wages I get despite being demonstrably worse at the same job.

Do you hate the free market?

Make sure to tax soda too. Every fat person I see has to down multiple 2-liters every day just to stay alive.

it doesn't matter what you said because that so called fat tax idea is what my post, the one you dismissed with a 5th grader level of banter, was about in the first place. Furthermore, if all you have to say is lol you r fat then you don't have any business in this discussion and may as well go to some fat hate thread on fit since you clearly only want to masturbate over hatred instead of discuss this issue.

>Just tax junk food and fast food. I rarely eat either so I'm fine having to spend and extra 15 cents whenever I want a thing of oreos

Shouldn't that apply to all food that has a caloric value over a set amount per mass/volume?

Eh just charge them for conditions caused by their own fatness, and everyone is happy

>it's not my fault that I'm a disgusting slob

Fat people honestly disgust me, and it's nothing but their own self-indulgence making them fat and gross.

EAT LESS, DO MORE

>Make sure to tax soda too. Every fat person I see has to down multiple 2-liters every day just to stay alive.
And fancy hipster coffee by that logic.

I would have broken into her home and stabbed her after that shit.

Seriously people, murder isn't hard to get away with, especially if you don't have a criminal record.

Im overweight and support this

I dismissed only the notion that a fattys personal choices are the fault of outside influence and not their own poor impulse control. Being the worthless fat shit you are, you got triggered and went full retard, trying to address a claim I never made. Go eat some butter to calm your nerves and come back later.

Because the only reason to legitimately levy a tax is to raise funds for the government. By levying a tax on fat people, you're attempting to use the tax system to legislate and regulate behavior.

While there are a lot of examples of the tax system being used to legislate and influence behavior, it's done a bit more subtly. For example, earned income credits, tax credits for being married, having children, etc. Levying a tax on fat people would be far too blatant for even our moronically inept government and would cause outrage.

Consider how vocal current fat acceptance cows are, as well as their beta orbiters and every SJW on the planet. Something like this would go over like a fart in church and would eventually cause people from all walks of life to start looking a little deeper into the government and what exactly they're up to. This, in turn, would cause the entire house of cards to collapse. They don't want that happening, and so you will never see a fat tax.

>I dismissed only the notion that a fattys personal choices are the fault of outside influence
Nice of you to dismiss a notion that I didn't propose at all. Normally I would laugh at someone being this petty and vindictive that they invent strawmen for the chance to spew hatred at someone, but it's obvious you are really just so stupid you couldn't understand my post in the first place.

my second and last flight ever on a commercial airliner i was put next to the fattest slob on the fucking plane.
it was a 50 minute flight and every 20 seconds the fat fuck blob of goo would fall asleep and ooze onto my body. repeated jabs into its fat fucking gut only seemed to irritate him. around the 3rd time he literally left out an exasperated half sigh half snort of displeasure where as i then loudly said "can you get the fuck off me MAN?" this seemed to anger the fat fuck to the point where he stared straight ahead with a frown for the rest of the short flight. lucky for me the black intellectual with glasses in the window seat saw my struggle and was firmly squeezed up against the window trying to give me sympathy room. that fatass shouldnt even have been allowed on the god damn plane or IT shouldve been forced to buy the entire fucking row of seats

>These companies are working the same model designed by cigarette companies and will do whatever they can to make their foods chemically addictive, which usually just involves pumping whatever food it is full of sugar.

LOL the fat is addling your brain. Did you get that butter like I told you?

you are the kind of person that makes this issue impossible to discuss. you are making it so we can't talk about the entities that make billions of dollars from keeping people fat, because it's more important for you to call someone you literally can't even see fat. Seriously, I could be massive or rail thin and it wouldn't matter at all because we won't ever see each other and the only argument we could have about this is "uh huh" vs. "yuh huh."

this.

fuck fatties

seeyou are basically 'not an argument'

I suggest you go get a bit more educated on this issue. you could honestly just watch a few documentaries and be marginally less stupid about this

Sad part is that dude would probably be a decent looking lad if he weren't a landwhale.

there should regulations on companies selling unhealthy food, a government propaganda drive against unhealthy eating and habits and glorification of fitness, and a 3-day work week combined with fines for not going to the gym for at least an hour 4 days a week (universal free gym membership to accomplish this).

local governments should also glorify local amateur sports, hold local tournaments for moderate cash prizes, etc.

So you all hate fat people. Then tell the government to legalize over the counter weight loss drugs that work, only cause heart attacks in a minor number of users. (in calculation less than what are attributed to being fat)

Saying we need education, or to make X type of food more expensive has never worked for weight loss.

A pill you can take and lose weight will work.

>the fat is addling your brain
the irony here is you childish insult literally supports the argument you are against

fat girls (not super, reality-TV-show-about-being-fat level obese, but still pretty damn fat) can still get laid by very attractive men whenever they want, and criticizing women's weight is a major social taboo, except again if they're unhumanely obese.

it's mostly modern lifestyles and habits. the abundance of incredibly unhealthy food in large portions and prevalence of sedentary lifestyles with office jobs and long car commutes every day must be destroyed.

lmao, that's right fat boy, drop your previous argument like a hot pop tart you couldn't wait to get your greasy fingers on. Next time maybe pay attention to what people are posting instead of going off on some whiny fat fuck tangent.

because it would hurt fat people's feelings and they would sue

Well, OP, the problem is found right inside your own post:

> not due to legit medical issues

See, any real doctor will tell you that fat accumulation is related to a simple formula of "energy in, energy out". We use calories as a unit of measure, so if you burn 2,000 calories in a day but consume 2,200 calories, you will have a net gain of 200 calories. Every 3500 calories represents one pound of body fat.

It doesn't matter if someone has a thyroid condition (which is rare) or poor "genetics". All these things determine is where fat is accumulated on the body or whether stored fat or new fat is utilized first.

No matter what, if you take in fewer calories than you burn, you will have a net weight loss, and this CANNOT BE REFUTED.

But, since people like you bring up "legit medical issues", it gives fatties an excuse for being fat, and makes the problem almost impossible to tackle.

All bodybuilders are cunts. Without fail.

>it's mostly modern lifestyles and habits. the abundance of incredibly unhealthy food in large portions and prevalence of sedentary lifestyles with office jobs and long car commutes every day must be destroyed.

I think it would be easier to fix the outcome than trying to prevent it to start with.

Be fat take a pill stop being fat. Or completely change the total social and economic structure of society.

Coffee is good for you and already costs a fair amount for anything decent

>.
no argument has been dropped and the argument you think you are fighting you are doing so badly that you are literally making points that support 'my side'again, kindly find a fat hate thread someplace, this thread is about discussing an issue. better yet go to gif and masturbate literally and you might not feel the need to do this kind of self stroking.

I'm not even that fat. Yesterday someone told me I look like Joaquin Phoenix. But again, it hardly matters cause I could be Joaquin Pheonix and you wouldn't know it cause this is the internet and apparently you are mentally impoverished you find the pedantic yes-no contrarianism conversation more compelling than even considering a discourse about the societal forces that make massive profits from making people fat as if you don't understand why sociology exists or how cause and effect works, or biology for that matter. As if you are just a kindergarten that has nothing to offer.

shall I make your next post for you?

"lol he mad! He fat! Ha har. Wow I found a typo! guess someone is too fat to use a computer ha ha wow fat lol"

was that sufficient? can you fuck off now?

>Coffee is good for you

Why isn't there a NEET tax?

this
Increased demand increases supply
Lowered performance leads to lowered wages

>why is there not a fat tax?
it's called insurance, and it exists so i don't have to pay for health problems for people that eat sticks of butter

>Coffee is good for you and already costs a fair amount for anything decent
And when you add sugars (refined/creams) it's got a higher calorie count per volume than carbonated surgery drinks.

If you drink coffee black it's low calories. Anything else is high calorie and should be in theory subject to identical regulation.

Because they'd have no money to pay it?

Because they're already getting your taxes and that'd be dumb.

Here's an idea; instead of trying to tax fat people more for government services like "free" health care, how about we stop providing those services?

Beyond the immediate health costs, you are imposing an externality on your neighbors by creating a culture of lower standards and fat acceptance.

Fat is a sociologically transmitted disease. Fat people have been proven to make their friends fat. When you become fat, you ought to be taxed for these externalities. Left wingers will oppose such a tax because the basis for their normalfag morality is actually right wing libertarian ideas, which oppose internalizing externalities in scenarios where rights are not violated.

I've lived in four separate states and none of them taxed groceries you pathetic hambelocetus

I was just grabbing lunch at Hardy's and ahead of me was three landwhales talking about what Netflix show they were going to binge tonight. There must be a connection of obesity and the bingewatching culture. How could you sit for 8 hours straight watching the same TV show?!I had to keep a few feet distance so I wouldn't get sucked into their gravitational field.

I can do that. Not fat though, I just zone out

Wtf I hate skinny people now

Nah that's just crazy talk.