Cast this, who would direct?

cast this, who would direct?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Meridian#Attempted_film_adaptations
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Books are akin to music not film. You hear the words, you don't see them. How are you going to film prose?

Books are nerd ass shit gtfo here

have you ever read a book? its literally all visualization. this same cormac mccarthy wrote no country for old men and that was a damn fine movie.

Three-way colaboration between Alejandro Inarritu, Alfonso Cuaron, and Guillermo del Taco.

/ourguy/ to direct

Director: James Franco
The Kid: James Franco digitally altered to appear younger
The Judge: Danny McBride
Glanton: Michael Cera
Toad: Jonah Hill
The two characters with the same name except one is black and one is white: Chris Robinson/Seth Rogen

This is actually a good pick, Mel could handle the Biblical themes and brutality very well.

>implying I wouldn't see this ironically

t. Franco

wachowski sisters with leslie jones in every role

Kek. Cast Michael Cera as Holden instead and I'll be there on opening night

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Meridian#Attempted_film_adaptations

M A L I C K

>Luke Perry and Dave Franco

The expriest shook his head.

Come on. We got to get goin.

You cant hide.

Get up.

The expriest shook his head. Ah lad, he said.

Get up, said the kid.

Go on, go on. He waved his hand.

The lad spoke to him. He aint nothin. You told me so yourself. Men are made of the dust of the earth. You said
it was no pair ... pair...

Parable.

No parable. That it was a naked fact and the judge was a man like all men.

Face him down then, said the expriest. Face him down if he is so.

Night of your birth. Thirty-three. The Leonids they were called. God how the stars did fall. I looked for blackness, holes in the heavens. The Dipper stove.

The mother dead these fourteen years did incubate in her own bosom the creature who would carry her off. The father never speaks her name, the child does not know it. He has a sister in this world that he will not see again. He watches, pale and unwashed. He can neither read nor write and in him broods already a taste for mindless violence. All history present in that visage, the child the father of the man.

>TIL every film adaptation of a book does not actually exist.

In his delirium he ransacked the linens of his pallet for arms but there were none. The judge smiled. The fool was no longer there but another man and this other man he could never see in his entirety but he seemed an artisan and a worker in metal. The judge enshadowed him where he crouched at his trade but he was a coldforger who worked with hammer and die, perhaps under some indictment and an exile from men's fires, hammering out like his own conjectural destiny all through the night of his becoming some coinage for a dawn that would not be. It is this false moneyer with his gravers and burins who seeks favor with the judge and he is at contriving from cold slag brute in the crucible a face that will pass, an image that will render this residual specie current in the markets where men barter. Of this is the judge judge and the night does not end.

What about Dave Franco ?

Face it, you can try to film it but unless you use a narrator gimmick you are going to be missing out on most of what makes the book enjoyable.

"A legion of horribles, hundreds in number, half naked or clad in costumes attic or biblical or wardrobed out of a fevered dream with the skins of animals and silk finery and pieces of uniform still tracked with the blood of prior owners, coats of slain dragoons, frogged and braided cavalry jackets, one in a stovepipe hat and one with an umbrella and one in white stockings and a bloodstained wedding veil and some in headgear or cranefeathers or rawhide helmets that bore the horns of bull or buffalo and one in a pigeontailed coat worn backwards and otherwise naked and one in the armor of a Spanish conquistador, the breastplate and pauldrons deeply dented with old blows of mace or sabre done in another country by men whose very bones were dust and many with their braids spliced up with the hair of other beasts until they trailed upon the ground and their horses' ears and tails worked with bits of brightly colored cloth and one whose horse's whole head was painted crimson red and all the horsemen's faces gaudy and grotesque with daubings like a company of mounted clowns, death hilarious, all howling in a barbarous tongue and riding down upon them like a horde from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of Christian reckoning, screeching and yammering and clothed in smoke like those vaporous beings in regions beyond right knowing where the eye wanders and the lip jerks and drools.”

Sure they could film that scene but it won't compare to the image the book conjured up in your head.

I'm being too serious though, I'd love to see it done right, it would just be a different work of art then the book.

>Cormac McCarthy
Why the Coen bros of course

Mel Gibson or the Coen Brothers

Is there a more overrated author than Cormac?
I like his stories but his writing makes me want to cut myself as his sentences never seem to end and his continuing insistence that punctuation which has been used for hundreds of years to aid in reading your prose and works for every single other author out there is somehow beneath him and his desire to somehow gain prestige and arty wanky friends who think they're smarter because they understand. The user called the other user pleb. He did not like the post.

holy shit how did i not think of this

(you)

He's an artist experimenting with the potential of his form, you wouldn't complain about a director trying out new camera techniques, if you really find it that difficult to read then put the book down nigga

I agree, but people are so far up his ass they will disagree with you.

His constant need to be a contrarian on the punctuation and grammar front is abysmal and should be criticized.

Must suck to be you, completely lacking in imagination, but overloaded on pretension.

this but unironically

Director: nicolas winding refn
The kid: ryan gosling
Judge Holden: paul giamatti